New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mobile Section 34

Calm down, curb your impulses. You will not help that child by entering and being blasted in the head, Taltha thinks to herself.

"If you can cloak yourself," She answers Lucius "I would vote you enter and attempt to find out the girl first. I don't think we should risk entering weapons blazing when there's a chance of either side accidentally hitting a hidden child"

She pokes her head again out of the boxes, making sure no other robots sneaked on her while she talked. If there are none coming, she approaches one of the two bound robots. She starts giving it a quick analysis.

"So, Chen, do you think you could... open the door for Mr Rosenberg?"

Ah, there. Taltha locates the main energy source of the construct. Then, with a thought, she makes one of the multiple chains holding each of them in place lets go, twirls, and stabs vertically right through the genarator and the main capacitor, rendering them out of energy and therefore out of commission without causing an explosion that could attract undue attention.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-24 at 06:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

<This is not a new turn, but rather, a Takedown Attack performed in a separate post, because you can't add rolls in post edits>

As the mechanical contraption explodes around her fist, Chen wastes no time in victory celebrations. Snapping her left leg up and around, she aims a mighty blow at the next robot.

Attack - (1d20+10)[23]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[18]

The catgirl's kick sends the second robot flying into a nearby crate's direction, crashing into it, leaving a huge crack and falling down to the ground lifelessly like a broken puppet.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-24 at 09:11 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Mireio had tried to keep her cool and take quick stock of the situation. This was interrupted when the robot hit Tara, however. She had to protect her before the robot struck her again.

"Yoichi..."

"Seeker"

"Fire"

She once more threw caution to the wind and left herself open to counter attack. She raised her bow and a new energy arrow formed at the arrow and flew straight for the robot, only curving slightly to avoid hitting Tara on the way.

With the arrow fired she calmed down a bit and took proper stock of the situation. "I agree. Lucius, if you can head in and protect the girl. Chen, Taltha is right open it for him if you can. And Taltha if you are under pressure join up with me and Tara. We can hold them off better as a group."

Attack - (1d20+15)[27] (toughness +9, homes twice)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+8)[18]

The last robot starts to charge its beam cannon again, energy visibly sucking in from the air, and getting ready to fire again at Tara. Mireio's arrow hits the cannon and the machine stumbles back on one leg before exploding.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-24 at 09:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126

Extricating her limbs from the ruins of the destroyed robots, Chen sighs, and shakes the black oil and gear bits from her fingers.

She takes a gingerly step back, surveying the shut warehouse door with an engineer's critical eye.

"You want me to bust this open, Master?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    With the arrow fired she calmed down a bit and took proper stock of the situation. "I agree. Lucius, if you can head in and protect the girl. Chen, Taltha is right open it for him if you can. And Taltha if you are under pressure join up with me and Tara. We can hold them off better as a group."
    "I am fine. The amount of enemies in this zone has been almost negligible up to now, and they have been taken care of. I can proceed to another objective if needed, or I can meet the main group." Taltha knows her grasp on military tactics is... flimsy, to put it mildly, so she wants some input from the rest of the group or the people at the HQ if at all possible. If not... well, she'd have to improvise. She wonders whether there was any window on the warehouse, to get a look at what is going on inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Artemician View Post
    Extricating her limbs from the ruins of the destroyed robots, Chen sighs, and shakes the black oil and gear bits from her fingers.

She takes a gingerly step back, surveying the shut warehouse door with an engineer's critical eye.

"You want me to bust this open, Master?"
    "If at all possible, yes. We need an entrance point, and high chances are the door is the easiest to bring down. However, if not, have no compunction in opening a hole in the wall or the ceiling at your discretion, by any means neccessary. Material damage is unimportant here" Taltha could not see the door from where she was, after all, and she trusted Chen's judgement to find the weakest point with a look.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-24 at 09:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Seeing that she had gotten rid of the last robot, Mireio flew towards the ground to land besides Tara. "Nothing serious happened, right?" A slightly worried look was visible on her face as she was talking.

"Then join up with us and we will prepare to enter the warehouse once Lucius has scouted it out for us. I think there is nothing more to do out here, at the moment and we can deal with the last few robots afterwards or let the regular forces handle that. Our priority right now is to save the kid and get as much information as possible on why the robots showed up."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-24 at 09:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    "Then join up with us and we will prepare to enter the warehouse once Lucius has scouted it out for us. I think there is nothing more to do out here, at the moment and we can deal with the last few robots afterwards or let the regular forces handle that. Our priority right now is to save the kid and get as much information as possible on why the robots showed up."
    "Understood." She takes off, vertically first and then straight for the group. I assume she'll arrive fairly quickly. "Heading there now. Is miss Severn all right?"

10. - Top - End - #130

"Acknowledged, Master.

Taking a step back, Chen flexes her hands briefly. Casting another keen eye over the structure, she looks for the vital point to hit that will cause the door to collapse inwards.

Profession:Engineer - (1d20+15)[24]

Regardless of whether she sees such a spot, a sudden thought occurs to her.

"Ladies, kindly get ready to blast anything that comes out. This is going to be very noisy, and doubtless attract unwanted attention."

And with that, Chen thrusts right hand in front of her, fingers outstretched. "Zerstören," she intones coldly, and a blindingly white beam of plasma lances from her fingers, to strike the adamant door.

Drain Toughness - (1d20+10)[26]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

(20d20)[12][20][10][8][7][4][3][4][15][15][3][11][2][17][11][8][5][15][4][8](182)

(20d20)[1][3][20][2][4][15][16][2][3][18][12][15][17][1][2][3][5][4][7][20](170)

(There are no windows.)

Chen melts a large hole in the door, the impact throwing what remains from it inside the warehouse. The inside is dimly lit, and the first thing that's noticable inside... are many, many robots, facing the door and with their charged cannons ready to shoot. A barrage of yellow beams fills the air! Most of them miss the targets or get dodged, but four hit Chen, and one hits Mireio!

(Toughness save DC 22, deals bruises as before. There are 20 robots inside and most of them are standing in a tight group.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-24 at 10:30 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

"Blast!" Chen riars in rage as the lasers slam into her, not striking anywhere debilitating, but hurting like a pack of bees nonetheless, as well as throwing her backwards.

Toughness Save 1 - (1d20)[7]
    Toughness Save 2 - (1d20)[17]
    Toughness Save 3 - (1d20)[4]
    Toughness Save 4 - (1d20)[5]

(3 saves failed.

Also, do we roll Init?)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

(Yes, please roll initiative.)

Robots' intiative: (1d20+1)[20]

The impact of the attacks throws Chen back around 15 feet in the air. (3 bruises + stunned for 1 round)

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative - (1d20+5)[25]

"Chen!" Taltha rushes even faster to the entrance, anxious.

"Everyone, give me a clear area for a moment, this attack does not discriminate friend or foe!"

When it's her turn, she lands - not coincidentally, in a point between the robots and chen, providing her what cover she can - and looks. If the robots are still mostly packed up, she raises Freyalise, a cartridge flies from it (+1 rank)

"Chain Binding: Harpoon Field"

and a brilliant circle of blue and green magic appears in the ground under the drones, and from it, dozens upon dozens of arrowchains burst upward, gripping everything that they come across and hampering their movement.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-24 at 11:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mireio, Chen, are you two alright? His worry was more for the familiar. Blast these one seem to be able to hit better. But I do need to save that girl. "Vanish." As he calls upon one of his few abilities not from Bohrer. He flies inside and moves away from the robots, not be near any of the robots so that Taltha won't accidently hit him as he searches the area.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara shakes off the effects of the blast that connected to see the other enemies in ruin and everyone headed for the warehouse. "Or we can all go in then. Ya," she says, still a little woozy.

Initiative - (1d20+3)[20] (3 Dex mod to determine the tie)

Rushing toward the door with the others, she winces in sympathy as Chen takes three solid hits. She notices Taltha's field of chains and observes, "Well, I guess now is the time to be graceful. Cover me!" before dashing in to the cluster of enemies, ribbon-like whip extending from her Device.

"Scourge Form"
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-24 at 12:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

17. - Top - End - #137

"I'm all right," Chen pants, "Just need to catch my breath"

Initiative - (1d20+15)[25]

Round two

Shaking her head to clear the fuzzy feeling, Chen moves forward to support her Master, while providing blasting at the nearest robot with beams of Plasma.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

(20d20)[2][5][16][5][14][18][9][10][4][13][16][9][20][12][14][15][6][11][7][18](224)

(20d20)[13][17][1][13][8][19][6][8][14][6][7][16][11][3][20][4][20][9][14][4](213)

(Results in another post.)
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2008-08-24 at 12:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((Okay, so, the long and short of it is that, since these guys are Minions, I can take 10 on attacks against them and use Takedown Attack to keep moving through them until one passes its Toughness Save.

All-out Attack 2 (+2 Attack -2 Def), meaning my attack rolls are all 22. Damage is +10+Modifier from Autofire.

Apparently Snare is not a continuing effect on its area. Uh-duh. So no Reflex save needs from me.))

"Oraaaa!" Tara dashes in among the bound robots, beam ribbon whipping forward, back, and all around her as it strikes each robot several times in rapid succession, forming a very pretty but very sharp pattern of scarlet energy in the air.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Taltha's chains bind all but three of the robots, leaving them an easy pray...

Tara's attack, swooshing past the whole group of enemies and slashing at them, seems to have no effect at first... and when she stops, all of them slowly fall apart into neatly-cut pieces, and then explode, filling the warehouse's inside with light for a while.

Stealthed, Lucius quickly flies through the warehouse - everything apart from the robots just exploding behind his back in the southern part are metal crates of various (but usually goddamn huge) size, roughly half of them smashed open or in pieces. The northern part has even more of them, obscuring the view and forming many good places for an ambush... and suddenly, he hears voices!

"What have we here?"

"Aaah, no! Help mee!"

"Silence, brat."

The first one is low, sounds as if its owner had quite a lot of barely-controlled rage, and clearly belongs to an adult woman. The second one, though... is that of a little girl!

(If you're not Lucius, DC 20 Notice check to hear that.)

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Tara beams at the remains of the robots. "That was very good, Noble Ether! A+!"

"Thank you, my master."

Notice - (1d20)[2]

Tara hears nothing, sees nothing, knows nothing.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-08-24 at 12:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Notice - (1d20+12)[19]

(Goddamnit! Failed by 1?!)

Taltha blinks for a moment at the instantaneous carnage that Tara left in her wake. She had seen turbines with less centrifugal might (OOC: Nerdo, that was pretty damn sweet if I say so myself. I guess it's one of the advantages of being the only one who understands the rules here )

She shakes her head, and turns to more important matters

"Chen, are you alright?" she says, while kneeling and applying a glowing hand to her wounds (Prayer of Healing - do a DC 10 Thoughness check with a +10 bonus, and heal a condition plus one more every 5 points you beat it. Should be enough to get you to full). Meanwhile, she turns her head a bit towards the others "Does anyone else need healing?"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-24 at 01:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

Surprised by the blow Mireio didn't get ready to fire at the robots before Tara finished turning them into neat little piles of scrap. She knew that they were in a mobile unit and some of the most talented mages around, but this was still impressive. It was clear that Tara was highly talented naturally. In an excited voice she called out to the girl who had just cleared their problems away. "That was amazing, Tara. You will surely be an ace in a few years with skill like that."

Moving into the building to join Tara in surveying if anything threatening remained before trying to find the missing girl and hints of what the robots were after.

Notice - (1d20+6)[7]

Like the other two girls Mireio didn't hear anything from deeper into the warehouse. "It seems like we stopped them. Time to find the girl and what they were after. I am hardly bruised, but i should be at my best in case something we haven't discovered is in there."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-08-24 at 01:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"I'm okay, but if you're free," Tara says, absently rubbing her left shoulder where she'd taken the first blast.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

"It's no problem. To be sincere, I enjoy this more than blasting machines" Both Tara and Mireio were only slightly bruised, so they'd save time if she just healed both at the same time. When she finishes with Chen and makes sure she's prefectly alright, she raises her hand a bit, and a soft, nondirectional green light covers the area they are in (Bubble of Relief. The bonus is only +7, but it's Area, which hits you both and allows us to save some time). "That should do"

She then turns her communication on.

"Lucius, any luck yet?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Apart from healing, Chen has her natural regeneration, so even without rolling I assume one round is enough for her to regain all health.

Anyone who wants to look around this part of the warehouse, roll Notice again. The door to the northern part is half-open and partially smashed.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Mireio moved around a bit to see if the sore spot in her side was gone, concluding that it was. "Thanks Taltha. Now let's see if there is anything interesting in here." Heading out to follow her own suggestion she started poking around the crates and whatever else was stored in there to see if she could find any hint of the girl or whatever the robots were after.

Notice - (1d20+6)[9]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Notice - (1d20)[2]

Noooothiiiiiing!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Nodding, Taltha separates herself a bit, and starts to cover the part of the warehouse that Mireio wasn't

Notice - (1d20+12)[15]

(A 3?... Today the dice surely don't want me to notice anything... And it seems I'm actually the highest roll... *sings* we are a buuuunch of myopic maaaages...)
    Last edited by Drascin; 2008-08-24 at 01:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

You actually manage to find something - in one of the longer containers (fitting for a truck) there is an inactive, partially disassembled robot - but it doesn't seem damaged. More like someone disassembled it, or it wasn't assembled properly and didn't activate because of that.

And one more thing. One of the container's sides is smashed, as if something pierced through it. But it apparently did so from the inside.

Spoiler
    Show