New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

Kuan-Ti Lu

"Just a little longer and we'll have him!" Kuan yells to Ander.

Spoiler
    Show
    Endurance - (d20+5)[13]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Ander

Struggling to push onward through the burning pain in his legs and lungs, Ander does not respond to Kuan. Quick bursts of action are his forte, not extended exertion.

Spoiler
    Show
    endurance - (1d20+1)[8]

EDIT: Yeah, I was afraid of that.
    Last edited by fendrin; 2008-10-03 at 08:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

The little kobold can barely run another step, it makes a glance behind it and sees the two of you still behind it. The kobold's speed slows to a halt. It is obviously very tired and it leans it's back against a tree, resigned to his fate. Through sobs and deep breaths it pleads for life. "Why big man and little man want kill me? Why they kill my friends? Please, I did not hurt you, why kill poor me?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

Kuan's composure was dangerously close to cracking. "Listen you, one of my comrades may be dead or dying. Why did you kobolds decide to attack us?" Kuan's voice was seething with anger and the threat of bodily harm. He gripped his flail so tightly, it wouldn't be surprising if his hand was bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jokes, pretty please tell me that I don't have to make some form of roll involving charisma to get information out of this kobold. I will if I must, but I have an astounding -1 in all Charisma based skills.
    Last edited by OnnaOtaku; 2008-10-04 at 05:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

"Why attack you? We saw purple man standing over the body of Yok-tik. Why did you kill him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    You guys are soo mean
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-04 at 11:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan-Ti Lu

Kuan calmed down when hearing this. He thinks back and then says, "Ander, as I recall, your weapon ended Yok-tik's life. However, it was not without reason. Why was Yok-tik hiding in a bush with a signaling shield in hand? His actions seemed pretty suspicious for an innocent."

7. - Top - End - #97

"Goblin tell us to. He say 'Go hide in bushes, threaten the merchants that use road.' We get pretty things from merchants." The little kobold looks at Ander with eyes full of scorn. "Merchants mostly run away, not chase us."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Didn't this goblin tell you what these merchants would look like? Merchants don't tend to have weapons on hand. We are not merchants."

9. - Top - End - #99

"Hmm, may be why Yok-tik didn't signal us... Goblin not tell us not to attack armed travellers, but we usually avoids."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kuan turns to Ander and whispers, What should we do with him? Maybe this goblin is someone we should know about.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Ander

Ander draws forth a dagger. Addressing the kobold, Ander says,
    "This is the blade that killed Yik-tok. You have a choice. Tell us everything you know about this goblin, or die by the same blade. Leave nothing out."

12. - Top - End - #102

The kobold moves to back away from the knife, but his back is already pressed hard against the tree. "If I tells, I live?" He glances around furtively. "Big Goblin come to lair and say 'big people keep walking over us, goblin alone can't stand up, but goblin and kobold can.' Most kobold listen, they sick of big people killing us. So big Goblin called "warlord" and he tells us how to fights. But kobolds not fighters, but we scary, so warlord tell us to attack merchants and stop supplies getting to big people."

13. - Top - End - #103

For the new guys

Several hours ago...

The three of you have been tasked with finding a scholar, Douven Staul, who came to Winterhaven several weeks ago but has not been heard from since. You know that his favourite field of research is ruins, and that he came to Winterhaven on such a pursuit. You made your way to the town without hindrance (the kobolds must have avoided you) and now stand at the Outer Gates.

Spoiler
    Show

1. Outer Gate and Walls
    2. Wrafton’s Inn
    3. Market Square
    4. Stables
    5. Smithy
    6. Valthrun’s Tower
    7. Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe
    8. Warrior Guild
    9. Tenements
    10. Temple
    11. Inner Gate
    12. Winterhaven Siege Supplies
    13. Winterhaven Barrack
    14. Manor House

Just to get the ball moving.
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-12 at 02:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Razz Denzik, Dragonborn Barbarian

"... and so I told the tiefling, 'If I see you around here again I'll be taking those horns of yours as trophies!' Ha! I swear he wet himself as he ran off!" Razz's story comes to an end as his small party approaches the walls of Winterhaven. For the most part Razz enjoys the company of his new companions, the Halfling Paladin and the Genasi Cleric. Razz tried to keep his boastful stories short, but the excitement of seeing more of the world always brings out tales that get large and grander over time.
    Looking up to the gate he hollers in his barreling deep voice, "Ahoy! We are three travelers on the search for Douven Staul who is said to have come here some weeks ago, and his wife misses him. Ha! We seek room and information should either be available!"
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Ander

Casually passing the dagger to his left hand and using it to pick dirt out from under the fingernails of his right hand, Ander raises an eyebrow.

"That's it? Tell me names. Tell me where the 'big goblin' was from. Who was this 'warlord'?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Kobold

"Big goblin is Warlord, is what we call him. His goblins call him something different. Don't know his real name, but his goblins call him Irontooth. He comes from Keep, but he stays with kobolds in Lair," The kobold spins around about to point in a certain direction, but stops, "um, me not sure where I am..."

17. - Top - End - #107

Winterhaven

The portly guard by the gate raises an eyebrow at the barbarian. "What what? Hrrm, bloody adventurers I assume." He wipes a layer of sweat from his forehead. "It's too hot for all this hollerin', if you want rooms, get ye off to Wrafton's, she'll set you up." He points to the building just behind him.
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-12 at 01:55 AM. Reason: just noticed Wrafton is a woman...

18. - Top - End - #108

Spoiler
    Show

Just waiting for Stupnick or Beloblog to post. Otherwise Razz will head to the inn.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, sorry. Guess I missed the hint.

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

Elijah gives a short, practiced bow to the guard. "Forgive us. We have spent a long time on the open road, and the stories were good entertainment, but it appears we have forgotten the strength of our voices. We shall conduct our business elsewhere." The paladin then turns back to his allies, "Beside that, it would be the best place to start our search." Still, he pauses, waiting to see if they had other plans.
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-10-12 at 01:25 AM.
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

Just when you thought you had the advantage,
    A riddle backstabbed you for critical damage.

20. - Top - End - #110

Shylain

Listening to the barbarians stories, letting him go on and on as he normally does, Shylain tries to keep himself looking down and away from the guards. Knowing his appearance can sometimes startle towns people. Readjusting his cloak over his head he simply states, Well, off to the Inn...

With that he begins to head into the town, looking for what would be the building.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

21. - Top - End - #111

Wrafton's Inn

The inn is full of people trying to escape the summer heat. An old farmer sits in one corner, a man in regal clothes sits with him, the pair are engaged in a lively conversation about the weather. An elf sits in another corner, her bow resting against the table. One of the central tables is occupied by a gnome and two burly looking men.

The woman behind the bar, presumably Wrafton, notices you enter and pulls some mugs from under the counter, ready for your order.
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-12 at 02:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Razz Denzik, Dragonborn Barbarian

Nodding at Elijah, Razz shuts his mouth. He's not used to taking orders but the little knight just seemed like a natural leader to Razz. Why else would someone so small go through all the effort? The dragonborn curses himself for being so loud, the civilized ones don't like it.
    Razz enters the room, mindful of his size, and will move to a section that would be more comfortable for him to sit. Once comfortable he visibly relaxes as he spreads his arms for a few stretches and orders some food and ale. He'll speak when spoken to but otherwise will defer all questions to the halfling.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did we get a description of Douven?

Elijah, Halfling paladin

The halfling smiles, noting the proprietor preparing for them, and walks over whiles his companions grab the group a table. "Good day, ma'am. Would you happen to have any vacant rooms available? My friends and I have just come in from the road, and we are planning to remain in town for a few days, at least."
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Wraftons Inn

Savana Wrafton smiles grimly at the paladin. "Of course, we have rooms a plenty," she shakes her head sadly, "normally this time of year we have all sorts of merchants and such coming through, but with the heatwave and the bandit raids, we've had fewer than ever. Rooms are five silver pieces a night. Any idea how long you'll be in town for?"

Spoiler
    Show

Douvan's wife gave a decent description, middle-aged human, tall, black hair greying at the temples. He dresses, often to his wife's dismay, as an adventurer but rarely carries weapons.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

"No, but I would not think more than a couple of days," Elijah says, fishing out two gold pieces and laying them on the counter. "We are here searching for a lost person, though, so we..." Before the paladin can finish his statement, he runs the innkeeper's comment through his mind again, and his brow furrows with concern. "Did you say 'bandit raids'?"
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-10-13 at 04:11 PM.
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Wrafton's Inn

"Yeah, kobolds probably, little buggers keep getting more daring. They've been attacking merchants along the Kings Road. Lord Padraig might know more about them," she nods towards the noble sitting in the corner, "he's been trying to get the militia to clear them out for months now." She takes the coins and makes a mark in a book on the counter. "And your names are?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

Elijah nods, though he still seems disturbed at the thought of organized assault on the sleepy hamlet. "I am Elijah, and my companions are Razz and Shylain." Noting the guest book, his mind recalls why they came, and he clears his throat. "I hope you do not mind if I ask, but did a Douven Staul stay here some time ago?"
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Wrafton's Inn

"Douven? Sure he was here just a couple of days ago." She looks at the ledger and frowns. "He didn't sign out though. I think he had some business with Eilian, the old guy in the back corner talking to Lord Padraig."

The gnome at the centre table stands up, lauging merrily at his comrades. "I'll see you gents later." Whistling some gnomish tune, he signals to Salvana. "Lex has my tab. Right Lex?"

"Right." Lex grabs the gnomes half drunken ale and drinks the remains in one long gulp. The gnome laughs and begins whistling again, making his way into the streets.

After the gnome leaves, Lex and his companion head over to the bar, ready to pay their bill. Lex looks down at Elijah, "I 'eard you askin' about ol' Douven, bugger went missin' a few days ago, di'n't 'e?" He regards your weapons.
    "What, you want some money out of 'im or somfin'?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If people have a hard time understanding certain NPC's let me know and I'll start to provide translations.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Elijah, Halfling Paladin

The paladin, surprised that the larger man took notice of him, give a curt shake of his head. "No, nothing of the sort. We are here on behalf of his family, who became worried when they received no word from him. It appears he has a tendency towards acting like an adventurer, without the needed tools," he comments, motioning to his sword, before continuing the conversation. "So he was here until recently? Did you speak to him during his stay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of feel like I'm stepping on other people's toes here, being the de facto face, so if you guys wants to join in, don't feel like you have to hold back and let me do the talking.
    Last edited by Belobog; 2008-10-14 at 01:52 AM.
    Character Roster:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Wrafton's Inn

Lex smiles. "You could say that." The grabs at the halflings head, slamming it into the counter. His buddy behind him chuckles, then hands Lex his Halberd.

Spoiler
    Show

Roll initiative.

Lex - (1d20+5)[8] (the little guy, the green circle)
    Obe - (1d20+3)[16] (the big guy, the yellow circle)

Unarmed attack - (1d20+6)[24]vs AC
    damage - (1d3+2)[5]

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Map is huge, I forgot to resize it cos I was in a bit of a rush. I didn't expect to need it today. PC's are stars, NPC are circles, go by the colour of your text if you can't work out who's who.
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-14 at 02:15 AM.