New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World on fire [M&M 2e]

"He got us, before we got him..."

Granite gives a dark look in the direction Iron Talon was taken,

"... Just.

The other guy busted in and tried to stop some mooks shooting us, but they shot him, instead. Figured we couldn't just leave him there."

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

She gives you a blank look.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"All I know is that one minute I'm going about my job, the next I wake up with some crazed super taunting me. We got free, kicked his trash, and ended up here."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    "All I know is that one minute I'm going about my job, the next I wake up with some crazed super taunting me. We got free, kicked his trash, and ended up here."
    Ranger gets up in Shockwave's face. "That 'Crazed Super' used to be our best and brightest son. US Jack was the finest soldier I ever served with! He has saved more people then you can even begin to think about. If this can happen to him it can happen to anyone of us! So show some damn respect for the man he once was." He turned to the others. "I just pray this was some sorta brainwashing or mind control. Jack was also one of our most powerful. If he has turned permanantly the world will be sorrier for it."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

"US, your kidding right? I've been reading the Iron Talon file, no man, no there is no way on earth man, no way. The man who killed four of the Fantastic Five and left the fifth in a coma is not US Jack, it can't be! There has to be something, some reason. You see anyone else? What the feck!" She slumps over in a chair. "I had a poster of him on my wall when I was a kid man. You sure Ranger? You real sure?"
    GNU Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #186

Granite, almost forgetting that he is in his more vulnerable form, steps up to Ranger:

"Woah, Ranger. Calm down. We're all on the same team, here. We do respect US Jack for what he did..."

Granite points towards Iron Talon,

"But that is not US Jack, not anymore. I respect him for what he did, but I can't for what he's doing..."

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

OOC:Iron Talon isn't there, he is a long way off by now (hopefully)
    GNU Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    "US, your kidding right? I've been reading the Iron Talon file, no man, no there is no way on earth man, no way. The man who killed four of the Fantastic Five and left the fifth in a coma is not US Jack, it can't be! There has to be something, some reason. You see anyone else? What the feck!" She slumps over in a chair. "I had a poster of him on my wall when I was a kid man. You sure Ranger? You real sure?"
    "There was a guy. Asian I think, fast, too fast. He also had some sorta shifting powers I think. He was decked out all in Black robes. What did Jack call him again?" Ranger paused. "Zhi...He called him Zhi."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

She makes a note.

"So, what kind of operation are we looking at here? Rick mentioned something about aircraft on the radio."
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

"Apparently a small army geared with anti-super weapons. More than enough to take over a small third world country if they wanted."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

"What? Look the reason for the Iron Talon using a battleship and a few smaller ships as a base in the past was that he never had more than a several hundred soldiers, a small elite group for mercenary work, not an army. He certainly never had any real levels of aircraft or anti-super tech, I mean, HE was the anti-super response, wasn't he?"
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-09 at 03:04 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #192

"Not with the level of tech some of those mooks were carrying around. And the exo-skeletons and tanks on the waterfront were more than we could handle... I'd say they could take at least two third-world countries, without re-fuelling. Though that was at full strength. We made sure they aren't at that any more..."

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

She presses a button on her desk. As Granite talks about exo-skeletons she starts mashing it often. After a few seconds a very familiar face comes on the screen.

The Professor. Famously requested the termination of his US citizenship in protest over the American Super Registration Act and has lived on the satellite ever since. He was one of 5 teenagers exposed to a Rienzine leak and got heightened, if not always 100% stable, intellectual capabilities, as well as a degenerative neurological disorder. The artificial leg and hand are part of the cure he cooked up for himself, how you have no idea. (The right hand is real, just obscured by an energy projection device)

"Prof, you need to hear this. Iron Talon, another super, small army, tanks, exo-skeletons, anti-super weapons, small air force, help!"

"OK. Hmm. Well I've gone over the documents John had on him, he is out of danger by the way, and by making certain assumptions about fuel capacities, cross-referencing with wind speeds, the probable loads and other trivial matters" He holds up a sheet of scrawled figures, they are on the back of what looks like a photocopy of a portrait. "I can give you the likely locations at the other end of the flights to investigate if you like, oh and check in with Dame Elizabeth on your way out, OK?

Oh and good to see you again Ranger, Sockwave. No hard feelings over the Super Registration Act right? Um, I wouldn't mind your opinion on the extradition demands I have received. Some are pretty fierce."
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-10 at 04:04 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #194

"Hey Prof. Erm... mind telling us what in the name of Jupiter happened back there?!"

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ranger just grunted in acknowledgement of the Professor. He turned to Rollergirl "Get me a hard copy of those coordinates. I'll be in the armory."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

"I have no idea, but I will find out what I can."

When you arrive in the armoury one of the terminals prints out a list of co-ordinates (including a complicated explanation as to why) as well as the text of extradition demands from China, Russia, several commonwealth nations, a note from the UK Forgein office asking, in a roundabout way "we don't care which, but one of the commonwealth nations please", Israel, Iran, Turkey, several african states, India and (under terrorism legislation) the USA.

There are about 10,000 locations, but the associated probabilities indicate that a small chain of islands several miles east of Japan, an isolated stretch of Russian countryside and a spot in Peru/Bolivia border seems to be the most likely by over 30%.

There is also a note that says "Please don't forget to drop by Dame Elizabeth."
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-12 at 09:59 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #197

Granite walks down one of the aisles, casually picking up a pistol and some ammunition.

"So... who's Dame Elizabeth, and what does she do? I assume you know, Ranger?"

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    Granite walks down one of the aisles, casually picking up a pistol and some ammunition.

"So... who's Dame Elizabeth, and what does she do? I assume you know, Ranger?"
    "She's a spooky old broad. Deaf and mute but always seems to know when you are talkin' about her. She claims she's got magic powers. I aint one fer believin' in the hocus pocus but I have seen too much I aint even gonna try to explain."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't understand why you expect us to go after his army. That's someone else's problem. I just want to get back state side and get back to work, not go gallivanting off to Siberia. You IJ types can deal with this if you want, but I have an actual job to do."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

[OOC:Are you with the others or still talking to the Professor?]
    GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

((I think the professor, since I never said I was following Ranger to the armory.))

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

"I am not saying you have to go after them Shockwave. I guess I kinda assumed, I mean, oh geeze. Look, we are looking into this, but if you want to get even, get involved or whatever then Ranger has the details now anyway, plus finding the extra bodies to go and investigate might take time, we are stretched thin as it is. You know, I think I will extradite to the Commonwealth unless anyone objects, the US anti-terror legislation is a bit broad and vague for my liking. As far as I can tell Iron Talon never committed so much as a felony on US soil."
    GNU Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

"As I said, not my problem. I already beat the crap out of the guy responsible for dragging me into this whole mess, so there's nothing keeping me here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll see if any of the others want to catch a shuttle back to the states with me." Shockwave heads on to the armory.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

"Don't forget about Dame Elizabeth!"
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-15 at 12:45 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Meanwhile in the armoury, a shadow convulses and forms into an arm holding a tray of cards.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

26. - Top - End - #206

((what pattern are they set out in?))

Granite turns over the card nearest him, on his left hand side.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

((In a square.))

The card is of the old fashioned invitation type with printed words and space to fill in the details. It reads:
    _________________________*
    *___Is invited to take tea with__*
    *__Dame Elizabeth Hershaw___*
    *____In her rooms on upper 3__*
    *_________Immediately_______*
    *__With discussion on a matter_*
    *_______of Importance.________*

Within less than a second however this changes to:
    ________Mr Granite_________*
    *___Is invited to take tea with__*
    *__Dame Elizabeth Hershaw___*
    *____In her rooms on upper 3__*
    *_________Immediately_______*
    *__With discussion on a matter_*
    *_______of Importance.________*
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-17 at 01:14 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #208

"Er... guys? You might want to see this...

"Also, does anyone know how to get to 'Upper 3'?"

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

"What is it now?" Shockwave is getting annoyed with all the time wasting.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

*Coff coff*
    GNU Terry Pratchett