New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Ivory Ring Book 1: Crime and Punishment [IC]

Arina

By seeing the two man with the dangerous animals she looks at the rest wispers to Sylis who walkes in front of her Damn.. Syl i'm close to the wall.. She thinks by herself: Noldy, you lying bastard, if i ever meet you again, I wanna know how you accedently did not know those two were here
    She tumbles to the wall and hides in the dim light.

She still holds her throwing knives ready to fling them to any enemy who would come close.

Spoiler
    Show

can't do the macro.. Used maptools to make the rolls
    Initiative * Sebastiaan rolls: 1d20+5 => 1 + 5 = 6
    Acrobatics * Sebastiaan rolls: 1d20+8 => 15 + 8 = 23
    Stealth* Sebastiaan rolls: 1d20+8 => 14 + 8 = 22
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-08-26 at 08:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

'Quill

The Tiefling Mage steps out from behind Razor and peddles towards the nearby wall. (Top of the map)
    He mutters a quick incantation and conjuers a patch of frozen terrain underneath the charging gators.

Spoiler
    Show
    init - (1d20+2)[4]
    INTvsREF - (1d20+4)[19]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Rune, Warforged Cleric

Rune is as suprised as the rest by the appearance of the hostile combatants. He shrugs his glaive off of his shoulder, and holds it in a ready position. "Might I suggest we allow our foes to come closer so that when the time comes we may charge them and not the other way around?"

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20+2)[17] Just talking and holding his action
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari, Eladrin Warlock

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+8)[24]

Arina, how good are you with those daggers?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Arina is able to sneak attack one of the Crocs I'll use Commander's Strike on her to (hopefully) give her an extra sneak attack.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor, Tiefling Fighter

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[19]

Razor's action will depend where he falls in initiative order. Note that he has Quickdraw, so if a creature provokes an opportunity attack, he can draw his sword as part of the OA.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter
    Zebith, Drow Ranger/Darkstrider

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Actually seeing the crocs, well, paying attention to them at least, Sylis, stares at the croc directly in front of him. Anyone seeing him from the back would see the crocs' eyes glimmer for a second. Anyone that happens to be looking at my character and can see his eyes, they go solid black for a moment then back to opaque.

Spoiler
    Show

First of all, I take last initiative and assume I start out closest to the mobs before anyone moved since i was blindly walking forward, second I used Eyebite which makes me invisible to the croc if it lands and does 1d6+Chr damage, now here is the rolls

Attack:
    (d20+4)[15]

Damage
    Blind to me and (d6+4)[9]

And since I am last, moving back to where the croc i blinded is 10 squares away from me.

Last edited by ixious; 2008-08-26 at 09:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

((OOC: If Razor goes before the crocs))
    With a shout of "I'm not going back!", Razor moves forward and, in one motion draws and whips his dagger at one of the crocodiles. He then draws his sword and awaits their onslaught.

Spoiler
    Show
    Razor moves forward 5 spaces, and whips a dagger at the top crocodile (the one on Razor's left). Regardless of if the throw hits, that crocodile is now marked. Since there's no surprise round, I don't think Razor has combat advantage, but if he does, add 2 to the attack roll.

Dagger Attack vs AC: (1d20+6)[19]
    Dagger damage: (1d4+2)[5]

((If the crocodiles move before Razor, then he will move to them and cleave, if possible, or Tide of Iron to move one away if someone is being threatened. If the jailors move as well...well then things get more complicated.))
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-08-26 at 10:13 PM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quintari cannot use Commander's Strike, as none of his allies have yet closed to melee. He waits for his opportunity.

The human guard takes a few steps forward and fires a crossbow bolt which slams into Razor's arm (5).

Razor then moves up and flings a dagger at the crocodile on his left. The weapon clinks off of the beast's scaly hide.

Rune waits for a chance to charge, but it doesn't come. He moves into position for his next turn, and sends a lance of faith hurtling past the same crocodile.

The halfling guard whips three slingstones at Razor, but each of them bounces off of the grate into the sewage water below.

Arina tumbles to the wall and ducks down, preparing to throw a dagger at the first enemy who comes within range.

The crocodiles charge forward at Razor, gnashing their teeth. Both bite at him, but he manages to slip past their fangs.

Now Arina releases her dagger at the crocodile, which finds its mark between the beast's scales (7), and Quintari uses his ability to allow Razor a missed swing at it with his longsword.

Equilibrium steps aside, and chants an incantation that coats the ground under the crocodiles with ice. They stumble upon the stinging grate (7 each).

Sylis ends the round with a mental assault to the more injured crocodile, who suddenly looks as though he has seen something horribly unpleasant. Sylis then disappears out of its vision and steps back from it. (9)

((That's the round! New picture coming right up. Next actions.))

Combat
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-08-26 at 11:35 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Looking over at Arina

I told you our stronger allies would do better in this bloodbath, but if combat is what we must do, so be it.

Chanting: Bestial Spirit, hear the chimes, it is midnight and your spirit will be free, but before it leaves this world, grant me your unbridled sight, and in return, I will bring about your end quickly!

Spoiler
    Show

Warlock's curse on a croc, i figure by my turn one is dead if not, the blind one LOL, only going to use it when I can come up with decent flavor texting for it, kind of the downfall to being a roleplayer at heart

With the completion of the chant Sylis' body begins to glow softly, the glow though burns at the flesh of (whichever croc that curse landed on). The glow remains, though softer, and (possibly) matches white flames coming from (whichever croc)

Spoiler
    Show

If by some fluke both crocs are dead by my turn then I will reflavor the curse for whoever (enemy) is in range.

Attack:
    If on eyebit croc add +2 for CA
    (d20+4)[12]

Damage including curse
    (2d6+4)[7]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Tendrils of blue-white energy crawl up the black, ashen quarterstaff, and lance out at the heavily wounded crocdile.
    Equilibrium - the soruce of the ray,immidatly backed into a retreat after he fired off his spell, imposing himself behind Rune, out of the line of sight of his foes wielding ranged weapons, and granting himself line of sight towards the not-so-heavily-wounded croc.
    "The Raven Queen will judge you, not I." he shouts down the corrider to attempt to cow his foes.

Spoiler
    Show
    RayofFrost - (1d20+4)[7] Vs. FORT
    FrostDamage - (1d6+4)[8] Target is also slowed (Speed reduced to 2) on a hit.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #71

Arina, Human Rogue

Grabs another knife to throw it at the human. Then she moves as close to her enemy as posible. Still trying to keep out of sight from the crocodiles.
    Razor, Are you alright? I'll get him! she syas not that loud that the crocs attention would be put on her.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth - (1d20+8)[24]
    Slay fourish (dex vs AC, +dex and +cha mod damage)
    Throwing knife - (1d20+6)[17]
    damage knife - (1d6+5)[7]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Razor laughs at Arina's question. "Oh, I'm jim-dandy...thanks for asking," he responds as he tries his best to avoid two large crocodiles, crossbow bolts, and sling stones. "A walk in the park, really."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cleave on the crocodile to Razor's left.
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]
    If hits, the other croc takes 4 damage.
    Well, first croc attacked is still marked (see Combat Challenge, page 76), at least

Razor swings to attack, but he seems to have no focus, and his sword flails wildly.
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-08-27 at 03:32 PM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

13. - Top - End - #73

Rune, Warforged Cleric

Rune murmurs, "Pelor send your flame to burn the shadow." And he motions towards the closest foe with his glaive.

Spoiler
    Show

Wisdom vs. Reflex (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]

Shular: Razor can either gain 2 temporary hit points, or make a saving throw. Your choice.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari, Eladrin Warlord

Seeing that Razor is in need of aid, Quintari rushes forward, shouting some words of encouragement Razor, my ally! Remain steadfast in your determination and allow my words to comfort and inspire you!

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move 5 squares toward the Crocs
    Minor action: Use inspiring word to allow Razor to spend a healing surge and regain (1d6)[6] additional hp.
    Standard action: Use Commander's Strike to give Razor another attack. With a +3 bonus to damage.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-27 at 08:28 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

15. - Top - End - #75

Quintari rushes up to heal Razor, bringing him back to full. He then uses Commander’s Strike to enable Razor to swing at the less crocodile, which he misses.

The human guard charges up at Razor, smashing him to the floor with his halberd. (12)

Razor jumps back up and swings at the more injured crocodile, missing it.

Rune shoots divine energy at the same crocodile, also missing.

The halfling looses a stone at Razor, which flies past his side.

Arina’s knife bounces off of the human guard’s chainmail.

The crocodile on the left bites at Razor, who dodges right into the waiting mouth of the other crocodile. Razor is grabbed in the beast’s jaws, and it begins munching upon him like a roast chicken. (7)

A ray of frost from Equilibrium’s hands fails to connect with the crocodile that isn’t currently masticating his companion.

Sylis’ curse also fails to connect. It looks as though things aren’t going well.

((Razor can make an Athletics or Acrobatics check as a move action to attempt to escape the grab upon his turn. He can also shift as part of this move action. Sylis, remember to say what defense you are going up against when you attack, e.g. 16 VS Fort.))

Combat
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-08-27 at 09:24 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor, 12/31 hp

Grimly silent, now, with sarcasm left behind, Razor struggles to break free of the crocodile's jaws. In his wrath, his eyes glow with anger as he brings his sword against the crocodile that bit him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Break-free athletics check: (1d20+7)[24]
    Attack on crocodile on right (presumably uninjured) (oops, I see it took a little damage), using Infernal Wrath and Villain's Menace:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+8)[20]
    Effect: If hits, +2 to hit and +4 to damage against that croc for the remainder of the encounter. If misses, +1 and +2 instead.
    Using action point, follows up with Tide of Iron (bonuses from Villain's menace not included)
    Attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: [roll[1d8+4[/roll]
    If attack hits, push croc one square away, and shift (from power) diagonal into unoccupied space (to prevent flank).
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-08-28 at 07:26 AM. Reason: clarifications
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sylis Human Starlock
    Spoiler
    Show

Err was my action point excitement disregarded? Also how did a curse miss exactly, i didn't see how marking a mob can be resisted unless you have a houserule about it, either way trying again the same thing on left croc.

Attack
    (d20+4)[9] V. Fort

Damage
    (2d6+4)[6] and if it comes closer to me before my next turn it will take (d6+4)[9]

Frustrated, Sylis shouts out the chant for the spell, nearly demanding the croc to die. In his frustration he loses focus and curses "This is useless, what am I to do versus something this strong" As he backs up 3 squares and becomes shadowy, still cursing into the wind (gaining concealment)
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-08-28 at 03:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Equilibrium - Tiefling Winter Wizard

The Tiefling mage, hidden behind his construct friend, lets his eyes glaze over.
    He chants a lengthy, and acrance incantation, fixing his eyes directly behind the human guard.
    "...And so -" he finishes "Let you feel the chill of the air, and let it suffuse your longs. Embrace your death, for in the Cold, you shall kneel before my Queen!"

Spoiler
    Show
    FREEZING CLOUD! Centered on the square directly behind the human's current position. Or, one back if this would be ruled to affect Razor, here. I'm trying to save him, you know. TopCrocFort - (1d20+4)[20]
    BottomCrocFort - (1d20+4)[13]
    HumanFort - (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage! - (1d8+4)[8]
    Half damage on a miss, they take damage again when they start their next turn in my cloud. And one more time if they end their turn in my cloud. They will disperse or freeze!
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-08-28 at 03:51 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

19. - Top - End - #79

Spoiler
    Show

Last time i moved towards the crock (I'm still 9 squares away from it.)So after the move i would be standing 3 squares away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvyn View Post
    Arina, Human Rogue
    Grabs another knife to throw it at the human. Then she moves as close to her enemy as posible.
    ((assuming i can walk to the human guard even if i provoke an oppertunity from an enemy i pass by)She walks to him and slams a dagger in his right shoulder with a maniakly grin.

Razor, Noo! Come here you bastard, stay away from my friends! take me, bring it on!
    Suddenly she doesn't look so sweet anymore, but her eyes look a bit weird, bloodthirsty...

Spoiler
    Show

Dazling strike vs AC
    Dagger - (1d20+7)[18]
    damage - (1d4+3)[6]
    If flanked sneakattack - (2d8)[4]
    EffectTarget is Dazed until end of my next turn
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-08-28 at 06:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari, Elardrin Warlord

Seeing again that Razor is in trouble Quintari rushes to his aid, aiding in his ability to defend himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Into a position that gives Arina an extra attack.
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Razor, spend a healing surge and get back an additional (1d6)[6] HP
    Standard action: Bastion of Defense on the injured croc, assuming it's still up. (Rolls in OOC, forgot to on the first attack)
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-28 at 06:09 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

21. - Top - End - #81

Rune, Warforged Cleric

Rune mutters a single word, gesturing towards Razor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Healing Word. Razor can spend a healing surge and gain (1d6)[1] extra.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Quintari moves up to the crocodile, but cannot provide a flank for Arina. His inspiring words cure Razor. (+13) His attack misses the crocodile, but each party member except for Sylis gains 8 temporary hit points.

The human guard maneuvers around the crocodiles and jabs his halberd at Quintari, missing.

Razor pries open the crocodile’s jaws with sheer brute strength, leaping out of their grasp. Fighting like a madman now, the tiefling tears open the reptile’s scaly flesh on either side of its mouth, giving it a wicked grin, gushing with blood. (20,16)

Rune intones a spell and Razor is fully healed. (+6)

The halfling guard whips three slingstones at Quintari, but only one hits him (8)

Arina rushes forward, absorbed in maniacal fury, to attack the human guard. An expression of pain flashes across her face as she is clamped between the jaws of the furious crocodile, and prevented from reaching her target.. (8 temp gone, 1 regular)

The crocodile that just grabbed Arina bites down on her again, shredding through her flesh like a ragdoll. (12) The other crocodile bites back at Razor, clamping him once again within its jaws. (8 temp gone, 4 regular).

Equilibrium conjures an icy cloud between the two crocodile. (8 left, 4 right, 4 human) The one on the left begins dripping blood as it still clings to the girl.

Sylis backs up and disappears, but his spell fails to affect the crocodiles.

((Both crocodiles are bloodied. Arina is bloodied and grabbed. Razor is grabbed.))

Combat
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-08-29 at 12:35 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Equilibrium

The mage peeks around from behind rune and shifts up, straight into the halfling gaurd's line of sight, flinging a magic missile straight at the creature that thought he was safe.

Spoiler
    Show

vsREF - (1d20+4)[13]
    ForceDamage - (2d4+4)[11]

Spoiler
    Show
    Shift one square Up, fire a Magic missile at the halfling. Both Crocs are subject to the Freezing cloud at the start of their next turn. The Guard is outside the affected area.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sylis, moves forward 5 squares and looks down, This spell is what put me in prison to begin with. Do I really believe I can control it, if this goes wrong.......

Sylis looks at the human, It would have been better you were never born than to witness the horrors fate has for you, i pity you, I live with it every day, and even I am afraid then his robes become completely still, he closes his eyes and the lids seal. His chants cause the human's eyes to close as well for a second, when he opens them. Everyone around him looks like horrible monstrocities, he hears the sounds of wailing and crying, Running from the sounds of what he believes to be thousands of cockroaches behind him, he runs directly into (whoever is 2 squares in front of him) before noticing the "wall" has ferocious teeth and horns. Running what he believes is under a small dragon, he steps on his croc and barely manages to jump forward, directly between the bloodied girl and our tiefling. The girl looking like a gnome wierlding a wickedly curved dagger, instead of her blood, it looks like she is covered in the blood of his fellow jailer, in fact he can not tell if she IS a gnome, or just wearing his friend's skin as a mask, the Tiefling resembles a Pit Fiend with a vorpal greatsword at his throat. In horror he continues looking for a way to escape, but sees none.

Spoiler
    Show

i am going to put all associated rolls, effects, everything for this in OOC and if i bomb this hard then i am flat out changing this post to being a STRONG adverse effect on my character

25. - Top - End - #85

Arina 10/23

Is still furious but also terrefied. She put all her dexterity together to escape the big and strong jaws that are bringer her evry second closer to her deathly prison.
    (if she breaks free)
    She get loose from the firm grip of the crocs teeth. She uses the oppertunity to walk around the croc to find a fital spot to stick there with her dagger. With a scream of anger and pain she slams the dagger in the crocs flank.

Spoiler
    Show

Acrobaics - (1d20+8)[24]
    If she get loose:
    Attack - (1d20+7)[25]
    Slay Fourish Damage - (1d4+5)[9]
    if she sneaks:
    Sneak Attack - (2d8)[13]
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-08-29 at 02:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Unable to break free, Razor strikes at the croc that grabbed him, flinging the creature away with his shield..

Spoiler
    Show
    Tide of Iron.

Attack on crocodile: (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+8)[10]
    If hits, push 1 (breaking hold)
    Attack on upper croc: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[6]

Crocodile is marked.
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-08-29 at 07:17 PM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

27. - Top - End - #87

Rune, Warforged Cleric

Rune again intones, "Pelor send your flame to burn the shadow." And he motions towards the closest foe with his glaive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wis v. Ref (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage (1d6+3)[5]

If it hits, Arina can gain either 2 temp. hp or make a saving throw.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari, Eladrin Warlord

Come everyone, let us finish this, the fight is nearly over!

Quintari flexes his muscles in a desperate attempt to end the fight quickly and without any more pain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Warlord's favor on Croc beside me, if it is down before my turn comes around move to the other and use Warlord's favor.

Attack: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (2d8+3)[14] Assuming a hit Arina gets a +5 bonus to hit against the croc I hit until the end of the encounter.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

29. - Top - End - #89

Quintari swings at the crocodile in front of him, missing it.

The human guard is chilled by the Freezing Cloud (10), but then steps out of it and attacks Quintari, missing.

Razor, trapped in the crocodile’s jaws, brings his sword down onto its head forcefully. It sputters and steps back, gushing blood. (10)

Rune blasts the crocodile on the left with divine flame. (5)

The halfling guard whips three stones at Razor, two of which thud into his chest. (8,10) Blood drips through his armor.

Arina wriggles free of the crocodiles jaws, but chooses not to move around it so as to avoid the Freezing Cloud. She slams her dagger into the beast. (9)

Both crocodiles begin their turn in the bitter freezing area, but only the one on the right is harmed. As its wounds ice over it succumbs to the cold and finally dies. (Kill) The remaining crocodile attempts to bring Arina back into its grasp, and is successful. It clamps its jaws around her again. (10) The girl falls unconscious between the monster’s teeth. The crocodile ends its turn in the cloud, but is unharmed by its affects.

Equilibrium blasts a spell up at the halfling, who nimbly ducks out of the way. The cloud dissipates.

Sylis sees that the girl is in danger and throws his force behind a blast to the crocodile. (11) The beast staggers, but somehow remains up, clutching Arina in its mouth.

((Razor is bloodied. Arina is unconscious.))

Combat
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-08-29 at 10:43 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor (9/31 hp)

((Disregard this post if Quintari's attack takes out the crocodile, which I suspect it will.))

Cursing almost incoherantly in pain from the slingstones, Razor struggles on. Adjusting his position and swings at the remaining crocodile, attempting to use the momentum of his swing to protect and attack the human guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: shift up and to the left (and so end up right below Arina).
    Standard action: NOW using passing attack on crocodile
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+8)[20]
    Edit: Add one to the attack roll, forgot about +1 to hit vs bloodied foes.

Case 1: Attack misses...turn ends.
    Case 2: If attack hits and croc drops, shift diagonally up and to the right to end up just below guard.
    Case 3: If attack hits but croc DOESN'T drop, then shift straight up one (end standing in Arina's square), and croc is marked.

For either case 2 or 3, makes secondary attack on human guard (guard is marked by Combat Challenge).
    Attack: (1d20+10)[28]
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-08-30 at 08:23 AM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter