New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Ivory Ring Book 1: Crime and Punishment [IC]

Quintari, Eladrin Warlord 18/26 hp

Quintari makes an attack against the crocodile, hoping to distract it enough to allow Razor to leave it's reach. Razor, retreat while you can, no sense in having you fall now!

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Wolf Pack Tactics on the crocodile, before the attack allow Razor to shift one square as a free action.

Attack: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[10]

EDIT: Critical hit, it takes 13 damage.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-30 at 08:04 AM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Instead of withdrawing, Razor takes a step to the right (i.e. 5' shift towards the halfling). "Sorry major," he apologizes, "but I've still got some fight left in me. I'm not going anywhere."

Spoiler
    Show
    As noted in OOC, if croc drops on Quint's attack, second wind then move to flank human guard.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter
    Zebith, Drow Ranger/Darkstrider

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

[roll=Save]1d20+0[/roll]
    try to stabelise...
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-08-30 at 12:52 PM. Reason: wrong roll formula

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

Rune

Rune seems torn for a moment as to whether he should heal the girl or the tiefling. Sighing, he mutters a word, gesturing towards Arina.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cilvyn, spend a healing surge and add (1d6)[6]
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95

Arina 5+roll/21
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d6)[5]

Opens her eyes but is still very wounded and exhausted of trying to get loose, and from all the blood she lost. She doesn't move but closes her eyes again and start to pray: oh please let it stop, i can't take it anymore her lips wispers the prayer. A tear rolls down her face as she lays beween the big jaws of the crocodile like a doll.
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-08-31 at 01:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Seemingly oblivious to his allies plight, Equiibrium skirts around the battle while positioning himself so that he can strike the halfling with a Ray of Frost.

Spoiler
    Show
    vsFORT - (1d20+4)[13]
    [roll+ColdDamageAndSlow]1d6+4[/roll]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quintari whirls his sword over his head and brings its down upon the crocodile’s skull. Its brains scrambled, the beast lets go of the limp girl and collapses. (Kill)

The human guard steps back from Quintari and swings at him, missing. “Run! Get help!” he yells to the Halfling.

Razor heals himself and positions himself behind the human guard, trapping him.

Rune will heal the fallen Arina. (+11)

The halfling guard dashes off down the sewer grate, as fast as his legs can carry him.

Arina stands up, shifts behind Quintari, and hurls a knife at the human guard, which lodges in his chest. (19)

Equilibrium cannot get close enough to the halfling, so he instead targets his ray of frost at the human, failing to harm him.

Sylis then blasts the human guard with dire radiance. He gasps for breath and topples head first, dead. Kill

The halfling, now twenty-one spaces away from Razor, suddenly lets out a horrifying shriek. Rushing towards him, you see a dark, cloaked silhouette standing behind him. The phosphorescent fungi illuminates the huge pool of blood spreading about the halfling’s feet. Bill Nolty withdraws his dagger from the halfling’s neck, letting him slide to the grate. He then kicks the body over the side of the grate into the sewer water below.

“They’re after us. Kick the bodies over the edge and follow me.” Nolty cleans his blade upon his cloak and sheathes it again, waiting to lead you forth. “If you have any questions, it would be a perfect time to ask them as we walk. It’s a long way to Outer Kehlam East.”

((Arina is at 11 HP, Razor is at 16 HP, Quintari is at 18 HP.))
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-08-31 at 10:54 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari, Eladrin Warlord

Quintari admires his blade, in awe by the fact that it has perfectly kept it's edge after 100 years of dormancy. Absolutely amazing...

Snapping out of his trance, refreshed from the battle, Quintari realizes that the battle is over, he wipes his blade on the shirt of the human guard, then kicks him into sewer, never to be seen again.

So, what exactly is this mission?

Spoiler
    Show
    Blow a healing surge to put myself at 25/26 HP
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-08-31 at 11:11 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Equilibrium

The tiefling curses mildly at himself, and takes a deep breath.
    That crossbow bolt only grazed him, anyway. IT must have felt worse than it actualy was.
    "Cold has its limits, apparently," he murmurs to himself as he uses his staff to leverage the lower croc's over the side.
    He mutters another quick incantation to clean the blood off his clothes and staff.
    "I aplogise, my friends. Its been a while since I've been able to streach my arcane muscles, as it were."
    With a few waves of his hands and a few more quick words, the mage quickly cleans the blood off everyone's blades and armor.
    "Better than a rag," he smiles.

Without a further word, and with a swish of his robes, Equilibrium takes off after Nolty.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing surge to max out my hit points
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2008-08-31 at 11:38 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

10. - Top - End - #100

"It's not so much of a mission as a career, really. I was a mole in Armott Hold for a number of years, and I decided to bring the six of you with me upon my departure. I was fired, you see. For following orders, really, but its not important. I have done what I needed to do there, and it is time for me to move on to more pressing matters.

My organization calls itself the Brighter Dawn. We have been painted by the current government as nothing but seedy thieves, but nothing could be further from the truth. In a kingdom where corruption is slowing filling the shoes of the dying king, we believe that there is still some good, and we try to fight for it. We are, I suppose you might say, vigilantes. And I think each of you has the potential to help us, if not to join us."

((Those of you who have lived around Deinkos have certainly heard of the ill-reputed thieves' guild, the Brighter Dawn.))
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Razor looks sadly at the two dead guards. He is silent while the group walks and talks, using the easy walk as an opportunity to clear his head and regain some stamina ((healing surge for 7)).

He tries to recall everything he's heard about The Brighter Dawn, weighing that against what Nolty is saying now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Neither streetwise nor history quite fit here, so, what I'm thinking is using Streetwise with Intelligence modifier (instead of Charisma), to represent what I can remember as opposed to what I gather from investigating it. If this doesn't work for you, use my D20 roll, and whichever skill/modifiers you deem appropriate. :-)
    Streetwise: (1d20+7)[12]
    Last edited by Shular; 2008-09-01 at 11:07 AM.
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

12. - Top - End - #102

Arina

Before she stands up she closes her eyes to come to herself* then she stands up grabs her dagger from the ground she dropped while she was unconsious. Then she walks with the others. Then suddenly drawwing her dagger pointing it towards Nolty.

Noldy stop! So you think we will just walk willingly with you. You say to be on our side.. the good side you mention. But i don't believe in good neither do i believe in a thieves guild who does good for mankindat. I do have my reasons for that, so you better tell us, or me, what this guild is up to. And o yea, If you worked here for several year how did you not know these sewers were guarded? What if we died, you just let us rot and find some other people for your so 'working for the good' guild? I think i can speak my mind, I don't trust you, and neither your guild.

Her eyes are full of mistrust and hatred as she speaks the word guild. Her dagger lowers a bit and she looks less threatening as she finished her speech. But still she is not fully calmed down.

Spoiler
    Show

*= healing surge +5 hp
    Streatwise (1d20+7)[18] for knowledge about the Bright Dawn
    Hystory (1d20+1)[2] also for knolwedge.. dunno what applys better here

13. - Top - End - #103

"Woah, hey! I'm on your side here! I didn't think that the sewers were guarded, they must be searching for us! Please, put the dagger down. I wouldn't break you out of prison just to have you killed!

And my names not Nolty, the guard was Nolty. I'm Cedric Vago. You say you don't believe in good, but maybe you just haven't seen it in your life. That's what I'm- what we're trying to do. You don't have to trust me yet, but we do have to get moving."

Vago speaks reasurringly as he puts his arm out, trying cautiously to bring Arina's dagger from his throat.

((PMs sent to Cilvyn, Shular.))
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-09-01 at 02:41 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

14. - Top - End - #104

Rune

Rune follows his new companions, listening. Brighter Dawn, eh? Hmm...Well, if this is your guidance, Pelor, then so be it. After Arina gives her little tirade, Rune steps up behind her, puts his hand on her shoulder and says gently, "Hush, child. These people just helped us escape our fate. Perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt."
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Arina

Shaking her head to get rid of her angry red sight. Then she indeed sees that the man is a different person. She puts her dagger down, calmed down by Rune.

I'm sorry Cadric, For presuming you were noldy. I. I.. it's true my life has always been dark and bad. For now I will do you no harm. And maybe there is some light in my life

She looks quick to Sylis then to the ground.

Ok let's go for they find us

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sylis

Looking down at her, I despise fighting as much as you do, trust me. But this won't be an easy road, what we work the hardest for is what we treasure the most. This "group" killed one of them for us, and now personally leads us. I believe we give them the benefit of the doubt. Now, not to be disrespectful of the dead, but is there anything amung them we could use?"

Sylis searches the bodies carefully, nodding to Arina to assist him. After searching for a few seconds he turns in his book to a page 3/4 of the way through and begins writing.

Anyone within 5 feet of him would hear his whispering as he wrote
    Spoiler
    Show

Another encounter, once again I fail to manifest the telltale "hellfire and brimstone" of my brethren, it is possible my master has a greater plan then hurling fire........

Putting his quill back in his pack he continues holding the book, his other hand extended to Arina. "So lead the way sir"

[spoiler]
    Searching the body, but my character gets distracted easy so i doubt he will find much.
    (d20-1)[18]
    [spoiler]

17. - Top - End - #107

"Thank you." Vago says. "Nolty was merely the name I went by while working as a guard in Armott Hold. I no longer need the name. I'm glad to see that you are willing to give me a chance."

The bodies, unfortunately, yield nothing but the tools, armor, and weapons of the dead guards.
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-09-01 at 10:48 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

18. - Top - End - #108

Arina

Helps Sylis search the bodies but can't find anything they could use.

Then she holds the hand of sylis and waits 'till they move foreward.

Spoiler
    Show

Thievery or perseption?
    Thief (1d20+8)[17]
    pers (1d20-2)[13]
    If there are some bolts left she takes them, same for small throwing projectiles

19. - Top - End - #109

Your brisk trek through the sewers carries on relentlessly for what must be hours, although you cannot determine the time from underground. After staying inactive in prison for so long, such activity is enervating, but quite painful.

After a while Vago slows the pace, allowing for a brief rest, before the walk continues ago. When it seems as though you cannot walk any longer, he stops. Checking for something behind a ladder at one wall, he begins to climb. As you follow him you suddenly feel water pouring down upon your cheek. This is not, however, the disgusting water of the sewer.

Vago has opened a manhole into the rainy Deinkos night. From the look of things, you are deep within the Outer Kehlam East slum, and have walked nearly the width of the city underground. He ushers you out and closes the manhole. A homeless man crouching under boxes glances at the strange sight of seven people clambering out of the sewer into the pouring rain, and then shrugs, returning to rest.

Heads down to keep the pelting rain out of your eyes, you walk down the broken streets until you reach a run-down, two-story shack of an inn, the Gloam. The light and warmth from within are very welcoming, and you move quickly to get out of the pouring rain.

Soaked through, Vago notions you towards a table near the counter, where a balding hunchback with a cleft lip and a lazy left eye is serving drinks to the down-trodden poor, who have stayed here so late for shelter from the rain and are, at this point, quite drunk.

Vago greets the hideous man warmly, shaking his hand. "A round of ales for my friends, Lumpy!" He then says to you in a lower voice, "Once these folk are gone we'll talk business, but until then I'm sure you could use a real meal. Whatever you'd like, its on us."
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Razor

Razor had continued to catch his breath after the difficult fight, and was now close to 100% ((another healing surge bringing him to 30/31 hp)). He takes a seat at the indicated table, with his back to the closest wall, ensuring that he would get a maximum view of the room.

As run-down as the place is, it's like heaven after so long in the dungeons. The smell of fresh cooked food makes his mouth water and, when asked what he'd like to eat, he responds simply "steak, vegetables, bread."

When the ale arrives, Razor throws any worries aside and drinks deep. He drains half the pint in one chug, and drops the mug on the table with a satified "ahhh!"
    Throk, Half-Orc Fighter

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quintari

Getting out of the sewers Quintari finally makes a realization. This is actually real... Real food, real rain, real freedom... Thank you whatever god has shown me favor in this... I can never repay you this kindness, but I'll do my best to help these companions of mine...

As the group enters the tavern and hears Razor order he makes another realization. He has completely forgotten what anything but the slop of the jail tastes like.

I want everything, it has been too long, I don't remember what any of this tastes like... Any suggestions?
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

22. - Top - End - #112

Rune

"Perhaps the alcohol? I recall hearing that the ale in such places allow one to forget one's current pains." Rune says this completely straight, without a hint of irony or sarcasm.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

'Quill

"People who drink to forget show weakness. I believe we must remember our pain,"
    Equilibrium replis as Rune suggests ale.
    "Have you any mutton? Preferably in stew for with a heel of blck bread and some cider if at all possible?
    A quiet, out of the way corner would be nice, too."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

24. - Top - End - #114

Arina

Wet of the rain hesitates a moment when they open the door to enter the inn. She did look happier than normal walking trough the sewers hand in hand with sylis. And looked thankfully to the sky when they climed to the surface and feel they rain fell on her face.

But now the glance of freedom disapears when she sees the warm and crouded, for as far as it is, tavernchambre.

I don't know realy. Do we have to get in?

She stil hesitates even when sylis put a hand on her sholder and tells her that it would be OK to go in out of the rain and have a good meal.

She lookes into the room and tries to see if there is anyone she recognise from her past, or anyone she know before she went in jail.

25. - Top - End - #115

Lumpy the hunchback bartender takes your orders, muttering oaths under his breaths the whole time, and giving Arina a creepy look.

"Bring in every oddball you want, why don't you? Not like Lumpy cares, he's just a freak who gives us all food and shelter. Let's take advantage of his hospitality. Lumpy this, Lumpy that. Have a bloody name, you know. Ooh, this one's pretty. Won't spit in her drink." he mumbles on, barely audible.

Once he goes away Vago raises an eyebrow and says, "Well, the little bastard means well, at least. The Dawn makes its headquarters here. You'll be assigned to one of our officers to help him police East Kehlam and investigate certain troubles that have come up lately.

A new thieves' guild, calling itself the Cat's Eye, has recently been taking over territory. They're vicious, cruel, and seemingly very powerful. We don't know where they came from or what they want. You'll be helping us track them down, find out what they want, and, if need be, kill them."

The grotesque innkeeper returns with your meals, which, although they mostly aren't what you ordered, really do look delicious. He smiles at Arina, "Special for you, sweety." and then hobbles off.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

26. - Top - End - #116

Arina

Winks at the innkeeper while she looks at the delicious food he brings in.
    As it is getting later and later she seems to get more happy. She eats and drinks a lot and gets a bit tipsy after a while due to the alcoholic drinks. They sit and eat. And then arina begins to sing. First very soft and fragile but then a bit louder with a clear and bright vouce. It´s a song she learned on the streat when she was young.

Oh, when the night is dark,
    And the moon is full
    Ancient spirits awake

The rain drops down
    The wind is cold
    Mist dwells on the lake

A doll lays on the stones
    A child once played
    Behind the closed door

Time beats twelve
    Eyes are closed
    Sleep my child, once more

She looks intensly to Sylis when her song is finished. You can´t imagine this girl was so furious just a coulple of hours ago. You don´t realy understand her, but you feel a sertain compassion.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sylis, listening to her song, smiles softly and continues slowly eating the stew and ale he "ended up with". It has been a strange day, and Sylis is growing tired, hoping the beds wherever they stay tonight are soft.
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

28. - Top - End - #118

Arina

She has listened ofcors to the problem the bright dawn is dealing with. But after a while her eyes close and she falls alseep with her head on the table

29. - Top - End - #119

You are eventually escorted to separate bedrooms in the hotel by Vago, who shows each of you where you are to spend the night. In a real bed sleep comes quickly to you.

The next morning Lumpy serves you a delicious breakfast of eggs and toast, and you sit at a table with Vago, a woman who looks to be exactly his age with very similar features to him, and another man with brown hair and tired eyes. An elderly man, leaving the tavern when you are coming downstairs, takes a good long look at each of you before he closes the door behind him.

"This is my sister Lana, and her husband, Mollon Gacy. Both are officers of the Dawn."

"It will be good to serve with you." says Gacy. "I trust you are ready to fight, if it comes to that? Today we go to a general store that was raided by the Cat's Eye the day before. We will find out information and see what we can do."
    Last edited by The_King_of_Durf; 2008-09-04 at 02:22 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    OOC

30. - Top - End - #120

Arina

Half sleepwalking walks down the stairs. her looks like a bom exploded in her room, end she still wears the old cloths she had when they escaped form jail.

Hello, people. Morning. She says jawing. Then when she sees the people sitting on the table with her resquer, she grabs with her hand for her throwing knife between the band of her underpants but then sees the others of her group sitting there to and let is seem another gesture. Hello, I prfer that you call me..Aileen, I'm surely ready to fight every single thief who dares to threaten a poor storekeeper! She sais a bit to agressive. Then she continues with a sweet voice But a girl needs some luxary. Can i have some new cloths, These are old and there are some bad memories linked to it. And i hope you have some other stuff to i can use?

She shows her cloths and her dagger.
    I'm good with daggers and throwing knifes. And.. She looks a bit unsertain. I did some things in the past that recuires some tools, i wonder if you have them too, maybe i have to make use of them again
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2008-09-04 at 04:05 PM.