New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Dota anyone?

1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dota anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Slash_712 View Post
    Alright, I'm not pro by any means, but THANK GOD FINALLY HIT SILENCER WITH THE NERF BAT! His curse used to be insane harass early game, especially on people like balanar and sniper that don't use abilities all to often. Also the debuff on TC is great, and better yet, he's still playable. Lastly though, I can't wait to see the crits with the new crit-stick.
    Uh... what? Silencer was not nerfed. In fact, he was buffed. He doesn't see much play because he's still so killable. People like Balanar eat him for food mid game. The curse has always been a mediocre skill. It just does the exact same damage now, just much faster. So it's actually slightly better, as it gives less time for someone to fix the issue of not casting a spell. The reworking of the int drain from being under the affect of his aura rather then his glaives is amazing, as now he just passively steals int if he's in the area when a hero dies. Not only that, but they increased the range of it to 900.

Also, I feel TC still needs some nerfs. Sure his str. gain and base damage isn't as good, and they rebalanced natural order, but my issue with him remains extremely powerful initiating (with very little overall risk) and a team wrecking ult that's quite spammable at later levels and more useful then Earthshaker's ult(who he's compared to quite often for disabling/damaging a team) as echoslam scales while earth splitter is consistent.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2009-07-08 at 11:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Dear lord, now I feel foolish. Looking back at the changelog, I see what you mean. I was too hasty and read the change as halving the curse damage, instead it was just laying out the health drain THEN the mana. Yeah, he was buffed, my apologies. Like I said, not pro by a long shot. As for TC, I haven't played him, but seeing how he plays, alot of what needs to be nerfed is more in how he plays not in his stats. Also, why did they buff ursa's attack speed skill in 6.60?
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

I played a few games of DotA until I just got too sick of how hostile most players are to players unfamiliar with the game and gave up on it. I was just playing in random games, not a tournament or league or whatever they have, but the atmosphere was still very hostile, so I said "screw it" and quit playing DotA games. Which kinda sucked for a while because DotA makes up 99% of the custom WC3 games on battle.net anymore.
    Last edited by Shpadoinkle; 2009-07-08 at 01:23 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkle View Post
    I played a few games of DotA until I just got too sick of how hostile most players are to players unfamiliar with the game and gave up on it. I was just playing in random games, not a tournament or league or whatever they have, but the atmosphere was still very hostile, so I said "screw it" and quit playing DotA games. Which kinda sucked for a while because DotA makes up 99% of the custom WC3 games on battle.net anymore.
    I agree, almost all the DotA players online devote their entire life to the game and are prepared to cut down and insult any player who is just not as good at it as they are. To make matters worse, one of my friends who is pretty darn good at the game decided he would pretend he was completely new to the game. Within two seconds, people where telling him to leave and how he was not as along the evolutionary chain as the rest of them. It was pretty disturbing. Needless to say, online games are not for anyone who wants to learn the game, or is only mediocre at it. DotA is, in my opinion, one of the best games to sit down and play with friends. Especially since you can all get together and have mutual agreements on which heroes to ban, without using cm.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Poison_Fish View Post
    The curse has always been a mediocre skill.
    Not when back in the day when every normal attack would have an effect :P

And I agree for people new to the game, there is a steep learning curve. Practice makes perfect, but you have to play a hell of a lot to get any good (notably because there are so many heroes/spells/items combinations to remember).
    Last edited by mathieumg; 2009-07-08 at 02:56 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground

TC was not nerfed, at all. Reducing his strength gain by .4 and damage by 10 doesn't change the fact that his outrageous combo is still impossible to dodge, at 1500 range, or that he can initiate out of the fog, or that he has pointlessly high MS, or his frankly ridiculously tiny mana costs and cooldowns. My suggestion is to make his ulti cooldown 120, MS about 290, reduce the AoE on the stomp, and nerf his mana costs to make you actually notice him being a Strength hero. Alternatively, make him an INT hero and give him some fragility instead of 9001 HP naked

I mean, 175 mana for his ultimate? That can do something like 1500 damage to a tank? Unreduced thanks to his Aura of Lulz? While Laguna Blade costs 620? Go to jail. Right now it's pretty much impossible to lose with a decent TC on your team.

EDIT: Also, Silencer's most biggest buff is his new aura, which makes racking up the Intelligence and thereby damage quite a lot easier. Probably not easy enough that he'll be LOLIMBA, but you can still count on 20-40 free Intelligence, depending on how much you participate in team fights. That's 115 pure damage at level 25, given 20 kills within 950 AoE and no items.

EDIT EDIT: And while we were on the topics of Silencer and mana costs and CDs ... buff plz. Right now TC can use his ult two or three times before Silencer can use his.
    Last edited by Arang; 2009-07-08 at 06:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkle View Post
    This is true in my cafe as well. People challenge you no matter how bad or good you play. I played Nightstalker in one game and it was humorous to hear people screaming "SLOW! SLOW!" in the middle of the day... while I said, "erm... I can't, duh?"

8. - Top - End - #458

Is it just me, or is Alchemist absolutely screaming for a stat buff? I mean, come on. 41 Agility at level 25? 11 starting? 1 fricking armor? I know his concept is to make up for his weaknesses through a farmfest of epic proportions, but this is ridiculous. DotA is no longer 90-minute farmfests and 2 team battles at the end.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arang View Post
    Is it just me, or is Alchemist absolutely screaming for a stat buff? I mean, come on. 41 Agility at level 25? 11 starting? 1 fricking armor? I know his concept is to make up for his weaknesses through a farmfest of epic proportions, but this is ridiculous. DotA is no longer 90-minute farmfests and 2 team battles at the end.
    What's that? The ability to counter nearly any solo in the game? Save for warlock, maybe necro, and shadow priest.

I honestly don't see his low agility and agility growth as a huge problem. Or rather, I see there are a few things that are in more dire need of fixing then that.

10. - Top - End - #460

Hmm, did Tauren Chieftain get nerfed? Because for some strange reason no one uses him anymore.

Also yesterday I played a game with my friend who used Lone Druid. And he was literally the Lone Druid because he didn't even bother to use his bear.
    Even so he proceeded to dominate the other team, then switched over to pwn us.

11. - Top - End - #461

You know who could really stand to have a stat buff? Spectre. As a matter of fact, do something to Haunt, because there's no reason to get it at 11 and 16. Same cooldown, same mana cost, the only improvement is the images lasting 1 second more which is useless because you want to Reality in as soon as possible.

And no, TC is still wtfbbqroflmao2kkthxbai broken. My guess is the pubs got sick of him and went back to Mirana.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

You know who could really stand to have a stat buff? Spectre. As a matter of fact, do something to Haunt, because there's no reason to get it at 11 and 16. Same cooldown, same mana cost, the only improvement is the images lasting 1 second more which is useless because you want to Reality in as soon as possible.

And no, TC is still wtfbbqroflmao2kkthxbai broken. My guess is the pubs got sick of him and went back to Mirana.
    You mean bat rider, right? Bat Rider is also AMAZING and I see him the same way I see NA.

Side note, new carry hero until he gets nerfed. Blood Seeker. Seriously. Get the agility shield early game, some regen, a few clarity potions, get the quelling blade in the side shop, and make sure your friends ward your jungle/bottom rune spot so you can avoid ganks. It takes some serious effort to knock you out of a lane early game and you can just keep farming.

Get raid, always have health.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2009-08-21 at 05:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463

Yeah, BS has great starting damage and decent AGI gain, and Bloodrage is only bad against those damnable semi-carries. It's just a shame he has strictly average STR and spells, particularly no reliable source of stun before the MKB.

14. - Top - End - #464

Bloodlust totally screws up castor heroes, since 20 seconds is probably the longest silence in the game...
    If you want to gank instead of farm, lust+rupture will almost always net you a kill.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, BS has great starting damage and decent AGI gain, and Bloodrage is only bad against those damnable semi-carries. It's just a shame he has strictly average STR and spells, particularly no reliable source of stun before the MKB.
    Why do you need a stun with him? That's what other team mates are for. Also, while MKB isn't bad, raidience first. I can usually get one fairly quickly avoiding full ganks unless the majority of the enemy team comes to try and shut down my farming. But that's what always carrying port scrolls are for.

After that, going some hit points on him to survive team fights is good. Heart or Manta are both great ideas. Manta ups his damage and gives some survival, heart his survivability a bit more so.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

I used to avoid DotA like the plague, since it's Warcraft for people who can't play Warcraft, but I found it's really fun to piss off the community that plays it, since they are all jerk-tards who take it way too seriously.

Seriously, losing is more fun than winning.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmex View Post
    I used to avoid DotA like the plague, since it's Warcraft for people who can't play Warcraft, but I found it's really fun to piss off the community that plays it, since they are all jerk-tards who take it way too seriously.

Seriously, losing is more fun than winning.
    I have a problem with your statement. I Play warcraft regular games and Dota. I used to have a level 17 account. and a pretty good win/loss record. 5/3 i would say.

I also am not sure about the second part. I'm not very competitive, but losing to piss off people is just trolling. And around these parts we don't feed trolls. I don't really care about losing so long as it was a good game, not a slaughterfest where people spend the whole time upping their stats.

-------------
    Also I found a league that I've been playing in for some time. unfortunately its driving me nuts because my stats interchange between rubbish and great constantly. >.< I think its just the day and my luck. Clan thr hosts free dota games and records your data.

Only a few problems: Lots of people play it, but if no one joins the game turns public. 99% of the games that turn public are ruined by leavers and expect to have switch... Thr doesn't allow switch. I never liked switch anyways, it ruined lots of games. The other con is people are more competitive about their score, so while creeps are taking down the throne they'll be baiting heroes out of the well so they can be 28/2 instead of 25/2. More competitive people, means more challenging games for me. and I do love a challenge. Plus i like to see what heros i need to improve with.

-----------------------------------
    Anyone liking the new artwork or is that just me >.<
    -----------------------------------
    I found my favorite zeus build. and now easily accessible! or easier...
    Scepter, Bloodstone, BoTs, Refresher, Sheepstick, Orchids/heart/shivas. I've gotten all 3 and haven't found one i didn't like on him.

Double new ult is just nice, And sheepstick is always good. Scepter being easier to get now makes it easier to farm for me.

Also, and I just being stupid... or is this a good build for zeus. doing zeus's skill build as such
    Spoiler
    Show
    1.Arc Lightning
    2. Static Field
    3. Static Field
    4. Lightning Bolt
    5. Static Field
    6. Thundergods Wrath
    7. Static Field
    8. Lightning Bolt
    9. Lightning Bolt
    10.Lightning Bolt
    11. Thundergod's Wrath
    12. Arc Lightning
    13. Arc Lightning
    14. Arc Lightning
    15. Stats
    16. Thundergods Wrath
    17. Stats all the way down

I think this is a great strat, spamming arc lightning is easier then Lightning bolt, considering bolt is a ton more mana. Lightning jumps targets and only costs 65 mana. Additionally can cast 3 before 2 lightning bolts. 5 almost 6 before 3 lightning bolts. With static field harassing others, I feel this is a great strat. Every zeus I've been on a team with however has gone lightning, arc, and stats early. Static is a phenomenal move. Thoughts?
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

18. - Top - End - #468
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    I have a problem with your statement. I Play warcraft regular games and Dota. I used to have a level 17 account. and a pretty good win/loss record. 5/3 i would say.
    Sorry to offend with that blanket statement. In my experience, though, DotA players are a totally different, ah, breed, than the typical RT player. I'm sure you've ran into a few jerks in DotA games? Like everyone?

I also am not sure about the second part. I'm not very competitive, but losing to piss off people is just trolling. And around these parts we don't feed trolls. I don't really care about losing so long as it was a good game, not a slaughterfest where people spend the whole time upping their stats.
    I like to call it making lemonade out out of lemons. Or jerky out of jerks.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Like everyone?
    I play Dota with a bunch of really cool guys. Sure its over LAN, but its not that bad.

Of course there are jerks in the game. Anyone who gets angry over Dota (seriously Angry. I've screaming and shouted my fair share but its never true anger) needs to find a new hobby. One that doesn't make them angry.

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmex View Post
    Sorry to offend with that blanket statement. In my experience, though, DotA players are a totally different, ah, breed, than the typical RT player. I'm sure you've ran into a few jerks in DotA games? Like everyone?

I like to call it making lemonade out out of lemons. Or jerky out of jerks.
    I know what you mean. Today we had a game with a wonderful player, who not only fed 0/4. but claimed we all sucked. Then after pointing out he shouldn't run in, he followed me for 10 minutes, last hitting all my neutrals (he was Phantom Assassin, I was Sand King. No way i can compete with that kind of ias.) I made a small joke like "need me to weaken the neutrals for you because I'm the big tough hero? I'll try feeding you a bit more food then". He then did all chat and told the other team I was in their woods creeping. I'm pretty good at escape so it wasn't a big problem but I'm pretty sure that was just jerkish.
    After that he joined the same game as me right after that one. He then soloed bot as troll, gave up multiple deaths, and still claimed to be the carry and our already 8/2/6 TC was ksing the carry. I worry about people like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

21. - Top - End - #471
    Bugbear in the Playground

I worry about people like that.
    Why? These are the self-absorbed losers lashing out at anonymous Internet users because of their impotence in the real world. Sure, it's probably cathartic for them, but it's sad as hell and worse is that they know it but don't care. Don't waste any pity on those fools. They've got the power to turn it around, they just don't for some reason. Just move onto a new game and wait for the next one to pop up.

And Myrmex, griefing the DotA community just isn't cool. It's hard enough finding operational games (read: games at approx. 4v5 with one feeder at most), don't go sullying the ones manage to form. Sure, it's probably funny, but you're no better than the people you're railing against: you're playing a game you dislike just to make others dislike it (more). There's no part of that sentence anyone should want to be a part of.
    Homebrew Directory
    Best summation of Internet arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander Forums
    And now I leave you to rant and rave over how I just don't get it with a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I leave with a smug sense of self-satisfaction over having made a pointless reply to a pointless rant on the internet

22. - Top - End - #472

Quote Originally Posted by thegurullamen View Post
    Why? These are the self-absorbed losers lashing out at anonymous Internet users because of their impotence in the real world. Sure, it's probably cathartic for them, but it's sad as hell and worse is that they know it but don't care. Don't waste any pity on those fools. They've got the power to turn it around, they just don't for some reason. Just move onto a new game and wait for the next one to pop up.

And Myrmex, griefing the DotA community just isn't cool. It's hard enough finding operational games (read: games at approx. 4v5 with one feeder at most), don't go sullying the ones manage to form. Sure, it's probably funny, but you're no better than the people you're railing against: you're playing a game you dislike just to make others dislike it (more). There's no part of that sentence anyone should want to be a part of.
    Thank you very much for that good point. I had been trying to say that just couldn't make it work.

I have been liking the THR dota community. Unless a game turns public your more than likely to keep a full house, or have 1 leaver at the most. this is about 90% of the games I've played.
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Yar, I occasionally play THR.

Anyway, the issue with your Zeus build is that zeus is typically a solo. He starts leaving his lane to help with ganks at 5-7 in top or bottom lane(This is why bottle is wonderful on him). You need much more direct burst damage from lightning then the harassing potential of static field while in a lane. A level 3 or 4 lightning can really just eat someone's hit points. That being said, I still tend to favor a classic zeus build with one level of arc lightning, maxing lightning and throwing in some static field, even though there is no limit on arc lightning anymore.

Anyhow, Item wise, I tend to go a wee crazy by getting both bottle and arcane ring. This ensures I have unlimited harassing potential and mana regen(and great ganking ability) so I never have to leave a lane, I am much harder to push out as well. As well, it only sets you back about roughly 2000K, and with a spell spammer like zeus, I'm fine with paying roughly 2K for nearly unlimited mana + mana for your team mates.

Following that, I usually build up dependent on what we need. Not enough disables, sheep stick(even when you have enough disables, still a good idea). Need better mobility, port boots (Though I typically go phase boots because I'm a very ganky zeus and I like not being impeded) or a blink dagger. I usually finish off one of those major items at that point with either an ult stick or a blood stone, because having more HP to throw two more spells in the middle of a battle is fairly important.

Anyway, Shiva's is also a good choice, but not a great first choice. Heart's been nerfed, so it's not worth the cost, and orchids, eh, your base attack sucks, sure the silence is nice and doing extra damage during it amazingly so, but usually most other int heroes can use an orchids more effectively.

Oh, the other reason I'm not getting huge items so fast, though it's usually a minor set back unless I'm in a bad game. I'm buying wards constantly. Map awareness, at least of the rune spots, especially if you have a bottle, is worth 200 gold every so often.

24. - Top - End - #474

Anyway, Shiva's is also a good choice, but not a great first choice. Heart's been nerfed, so it's not worth the cost, and orchids, eh, your base attack sucks, sure the silence is nice and doing extra damage during it amazingly so, but usually most other int heroes can use an orchids more effectively.

Oh, the other reason I'm not getting huge items so fast, though it's usually a minor set back unless I'm in a bad game. I'm buying wards constantly. Map awareness, at least of the rune spots, especially if you have a bottle, is worth 200 gold every so often.

Orchids is for massive mana regen (best or 2nd best in the game at 225% and rather cheap item to build IMO. Sure the cost may be higher than say..arcane ring. or other lower items... But the components are relatively cheap. ias and damage are nice. but regen and silence are nicer. Thats just how i prefer it. However to be honest...guinsoo/bots/scepter/refresher..by the time i finish those the game is usually gg. even before bloodstone.

EDIT: PS! I'm getting on about now to play a game on azeroth if anyone wants to join.

-Wrath
    Last edited by EndlessWrath; 2009-10-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but you see, the problem with orchid is it doesn't give you that much in the way of living other then a silence. Sure it's got great mana regen, I don't doubt that. But an arcane ring/bottle is just the same, with the added benefit of helping your team and giving you runes to gank and giving you health. On top of that, a sheep stick will take care of your mana needs for the most part, and help you net kills easier. It also gives you health and a true disable to deal with those pesky carries who can 3 shot you.

Your right though, it certainly is easy to build, and I admit I usually build it on shadow priest(after a mech).

26. - Top - End - #476

Yes, but you see, the problem with orchid is it doesn't give you that much in the way of living other then a silence. Sure it's got great mana regen, I don't doubt that. But an arcane ring/bottle is just the same, with the added benefit of helping your team and giving you runes to gank and giving you health. On top of that, a sheep stick will take care of your mana needs for the most part, and help you net kills easier. It also gives you health and a true disable to deal with those pesky carries who can 3 shot you.

Your right though, it certainly is easy to build, and I admit I usually build it on shadow priest(after a mech).
    Really I usually build mek then skadi and guinsoo. i see a lot of deso on him but i think its really just added fluff to his already good weave. -armor is good, but i'd prefer the team lose armor then you slow one and guinsoo another. eulsing if you have to, but remembering that its all chasing and support. Poison touch + guinsoo + skadi + euls + add on additional item if need be. and since farming is relatively easy with his ridiculous pushing skills, its hard not to get skadi/guinsoo and mek within 20-30 minutes. add on treads to that. or whatever you like really.

-----
    honestly not a fan of new treads. new stat bonus is nice for half the cost... but i miss ias . I've never liked phase boots but now I'm considering for certain heroes . Although new picture for dota is just... awesome
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

On boots, check Here. Currently treads suck, don't ever get them in 6.63. On the other hand, you never tried out phase boots? They are seriously some of the most amazing boots on caster heroes if you can't get ports. I love it on Zeus or other gankers as it allows excellent chasing and darting in and out of time fights.

Honestly I usually go mek and sheep on shadow priest. The reason though I've built a silence stick on him though is it's easy to build up while staying in combat, and he can use the mana regen, but doesn't need health regen like a bottle such as zeus. Nor do I use him as a primary ganker.

Frankly, on shadow priest, I'm also buying wards so much and helping with baby sitting that I tend not to really "farm" on him per say unless a last hit presents itself and the carry that's with me isn't going to take it.

28. - Top - End - #478

On boots, check Here. Currently treads suck, don't ever get them in 6.63. On the other hand, you never tried out phase boots? They are seriously some of the most amazing boots on caster heroes if you can't get ports. I love it on Zeus or other gankers as it allows excellent chasing and darting in and out of time fights.

Honestly I usually go mek and sheep on shadow priest. The reason though I've built a silence stick on him though is it's easy to build up while staying in combat, and he can use the mana regen, but doesn't need health regen like a bottle such as zeus. Nor do I use him as a primary ganker.

Frankly, on shadow priest, I'm also buying wards so much and helping with baby sitting that I tend not to really "farm" on him per say unless a last hit presents itself and the carry that's with me isn't going to take it.
    This is another "to each his own" concept. I like the new treads a teeney bit. but only for Intel heroes. like.. i got it on casters and visage cause +16 int for 900 gold . +70 ms is also pretty nice. I don't like them better than old stuff, and I'm glad icefrog is putting back the ias into treads again.
    -------
    on another note. Its been a while since i've really played bristleback and Admiral. I need pretty solid builds for both if no one minds. Partly cause I'd love to learn to play them better, and partly because i keep randoming them and when i finally learn how to play them I stop randoming them. XD.

in all seriousness though... I used to build Bristleback pretty beefy. Big tanky thug with lots of armor. 2 hearts, vanguard, power treads strength, and 2 bracers. (thats on good games). I know he can dps a lot more than tank though, so suggestions?

With admiral, I have the same problem i do with pudge and potm. Accuracy. So i'll never be great with him, but I do love his cleave and I've done well fighting with him. (accuracy with him is more 50/50. ) anyways... I've seen battlefury and satanic on him. Battlefury to cleave the pure damage, and satanic just because its good.

please and thank you.
    -Wrath
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

This is another "to each his own" concept. I like the new treads a teeney bit. but only for Intel heroes. like.. i got it on casters and visage cause +16 int for 900 gold . +70 ms is also pretty nice. I don't like them better than old stuff, and I'm glad icefrog is putting back the ias into treads again.
    -------
    on another note. Its been a while since i've really played bristleback and Admiral. I need pretty solid builds for both if no one minds. Partly cause I'd love to learn to play them better, and partly because i keep randoming them and when i finally learn how to play them I stop randoming them. XD.

in all seriousness though... I used to build Bristleback pretty beefy. Big tanky thug with lots of armor. 2 hearts, vanguard, power treads strength, and 2 bracers. (thats on good games). I know he can dps a lot more than tank though, so suggestions?

With admiral, I have the same problem i do with pudge and potm. Accuracy. So i'll never be great with him, but I do love his cleave and I've done well fighting with him. (accuracy with him is more 50/50. ) anyways... I've seen battlefury and satanic on him. Battlefury to cleave the pure damage, and satanic just because its good.

please and thank you.
    -Wrath
    Int treads... on Visage. No, no, no, no, no no!. You get your damage from your passive. Get strength so you can tank more and heal the damage in an AoE. The big thing to remember with Visage is she should be built like a tank, which used to be strength treads, building a heart, and then a deso. Heart sucking right now though, a satanic isn't a bad choice. The key though is you want to be targeted, but to survive. So if they ignore you they take tons of damage, but you also have the HP to survive what they are throwing at you, in which case, your heal is doing it's job. Honestly the current treads just suck, not even a matter to each their own here. Visage needs the attack speed more then the stats anyway.

Anyhow, in bristlebacks case, get a hood of defiance in almost all cases. Unless there is literally no magic damage, hood becomes a great and easy item to build in the side shop. You don't really need a vanguard and it's frankly a waste of time. Following that, get port boots on him. It's the fastest move speed around and gets you where you need to go. The key to bristleback is being frustratingly annoying to chase. A lot of your damage can just come from turning your back and shooting more quills. To add on top of that, radiance. Be sure to have a bracer or two in there for basic health, and then finally go for, at this point, a satanic or maybe a heart. A heart might be ok considering he can usually get away for a few seconds so the out of combat regen may help.

For Pirate, that's the usual thing. Battlefury to give you mana regen, then start going satanic. Build him like a typical strength carry. Also, practice using X/torrent, as that you can just count out.

30. - Top - End - #480

Int treads... on Visage. No, no, no, no, no no!. You get your damage from your passive. Get strength so you can tank more and heal the damage in an AoE. The big thing to remember with Visage is she should be built like a tank, which used to be strength treads, building a heart, and then a deso. Heart sucking right now though, a satanic isn't a bad choice. The key though is you want to be targeted, but to survive. So if they ignore you they take tons of damage, but you also have the HP to survive what they are throwing at you, in which case, your heal is doing it's job. Honestly the current treads just suck, not even a matter to each their own here. Visage needs the attack speed more then the stats anyway.

Anyhow, in bristlebacks case, get a hood of defiance in almost all cases. Unless there is literally no magic damage, hood becomes a great and easy item to build in the side shop. You don't really need a vanguard and it's frankly a waste of time. Following that, get port boots on him. It's the fastest move speed around and gets you where you need to go. The key to bristleback is being frustratingly annoying to chase. A lot of your damage can just come from turning your back and shooting more quills. To add on top of that, radiance. Be sure to have a bracer or two in there for basic health, and then finally go for, at this point, a satanic or maybe a heart. A heart might be ok considering he can usually get away for a few seconds so the out of combat regen may help.

For Pirate, that's the usual thing. Battlefury to give you mana regen, then start going satanic. Build him like a typical strength carry. Also, practice using X/torrent, as that you can just count out.
    On visage: I've only played visage once. As i had two bracers on him, I needed a bit more mana. Int treads was only one i've seen. I would never be a pro on visage >.< but I do love deso on him, Deso, MKB, Guinsoo, and treads. that plus lifeleachy item like satanic. I'll keep the tanking in mind. thanks

Bristle: not sure i'll ever do well. When I run I always get away, I'll never kill anyone T.T XD. Jk, in all seriousness I'll have to try the build! thanks.

-------
    I've done X/tide. I always time wrong =/. So i really just use x to bring the enemy back into the clutches of my team. My biggest problem is targeting the ship. I never can land the stun right..partly because it doesn't go to the spot you direct. it goes past it. Help? Any suggestions?
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir