New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Dota anyone?

1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Dota anyone?

The error comes from you having a different subversion of patch 1.24 than the one the replay was made under. If you have a completely different patch (1.22 for example), it will fail to load entirely. However, with just a different subversion, the game will load, but nothing will actually happen in the replay aside from creeps fighting. Most of the replays on gosugamers are under 1.24c, which is what you'll most likely want to upgrade to. Some of the replays of various Chinese teams, as well as those from the recent ADL tournament, are 1.24b, so if you're trying to watch those, you might want to temporarily patch just to 1.24b, then upgrade to 1.24c after.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

In the immortal words of Dr. Cox, "I mega-loathe you all."
    Why? Because I really want to play DotA now and can't because I don't have a good computer and don't have WC III FT.
    How long have I been playing dates back to about 5.44 I think, which is really old. That's when Clinks was way too imba, and Silencer was feared because of his healing wave, his infernal meteor, and his ult silencing you every time he hit you. I have been playing every now and again when I can to try and stay current, but it's really hard to with so many heros.
    So with that in mind, I have some questions,
    1) What does CM stand for and what is it?
    2) What happened to the weather codes? I liked making it rain in my games.
    3) Is there help out there for a guy like me to get better at DotA? I know some stuff but could definitely use some help.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

1) CM = Crystal Maiden. Int-based hero with an AoE damage/slow nuke, a single target freeze/DoT combo, a map-wide brilliance aura, and a channeling ult that does a bunch of random AoE damage/slow nukes nearby over 4 seconds. Frost themed.

2) DotA does currently have some weather codes. I don't know what they are and I've never used them myself, but I know they exist.

3) Head on over to the official forums for the map. The strategy forum and the guides posted in it should be particularly helpful.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2010-01-05 at 12:45 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #544

Thanks, doug! I very much appreciate the help.
    Also, is Bloodseeker a viable hero anymore? I really liked playing him and even owned a couple of games with him when I played more.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    Thanks, doug! I very much appreciate the help.
    Also, is Bloodseeker a viable hero anymore? I really liked playing him and even owned a couple of games with him when I played more.
    In my experience he is a useful, if not completely amazing hero. In a really competitive game I wouldn't play him because he seems to be really good at hitting just one hero and one hero only, something rather ineffective in team battles.

Having said that his ulti is amazing and he himself can easily kill intel-heroes with low damage quite easily (silence thingie, attack, attack, ulti, attack, attack, run away) its quite fun.

And, fyi, CM also stands for "Captain's Mode" a mode of DotA where two 'captains' take turn banning 4 heroes then take turns picking 5 heroes (a total of 8 heroes banned, 10 heroes picked). I've started playing in more the last few weeks and I've found it to be more balanced than SD or AR but more restrictive than AP (really, unless I'm playing with friends or people who are there to have a bit of fun, AP can easily turn into a bunch of players picking boring carries )

Edit: Oh... regarding the replays thing... I checked my version and realized I have actually accessed BattleNet in the last 6 months, my version is 1.24 but with a bunch of numbers after that... which is weird. I'll patch later when I get the chance.

Edit #2: I patched my game. The replays work fine now. I haven't watched one all the way through but wow... these guys are... good. Also, apparently that magic stick thingie is a good item... and more people should be getting bottle.
    Last edited by toasty; 2010-01-05 at 10:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546

BarbarianGuy

Magic Wand is an incredibly good item that should be gotten on almost any hero. Stats wise it's not much worse than a bracer/null/wraith and roughly the same cost, but it also can give you a heal/mana restore for up to 225 which can be lifesaving.

Also a bottle is generally a must on any hero that will be soloing mid, as well as most gankers that will be spending a good amount of time roaming. It's an amazingly versatile item that can solve early game mana issues entirely.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I think in one game I watched 5 people had bottle... which seemed a lot imo.

But yes, the whole "wards + runes" thing we really need to work on better. That and pwning people early game...

8. - Top - End - #548

BarbarianGuy

Generally the more people that have a bottle, the weaker it becomes. If your team is just getting used to warding, I'd recommend splitting ward duties up a bit. Take the following lineup for example: WL+Ursa/BM/ES+WD. Both WL and WD are support oriented heroes that don't really need many items or much farm (and WL's primary item, necrobook, will be bought by BM), so they can both buy wards for the team, helping to relieve the burden of ward duty a bit. You also have BM's hawk, and later necrobook summons, which should be enough to easily win the ward war (since rank 3 of the necrobook comes with true sight). Once your team gets a bit more used to warding, you can start shifting it over to a single supporter with the occasional pack bought by a ganker.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    2) What happened to the weather codes? I liked making it rain in my games.
    They're the rather simple "-weather rain" or "-weather moonlight" and so on.
    trill in da playground

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suedars View Post
    Generally the more people that have a bottle, the weaker it becomes. If your team is just getting used to warding, I'd recommend splitting ward duties up a bit. Take the following lineup for example: WL+Ursa/BM/ES+WD. Both WL and WD are support oriented heroes that don't really need many items or much farm (and WL's primary item, necrobook, will be bought by BM), so they can both buy wards for the team, helping to relieve the burden of ward duty a bit. You also have BM's hawk, and later necrobook summons, which should be enough to easily win the ward war (since rank 3 of the necrobook comes with true sight). Once your team gets a bit more used to warding, you can start shifting it over to a single supporter with the occasional pack bought by a ganker.
    Don't forget often buying a chicken and crowing it. On top of that, dust for when you need it.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Hey, thanks a lot for the information, assuming I can get my team to actually play this make up this will be really useful, actually. I just have one question... umm... who is WL and WD? Warlock and... I have no clue who to even guess. I don't do good with those kind of abbreviations, as I don't frequent DotA forums all that much (I do however, refer to Rootfellen as Tree. :p). It took me a good long while to figure out who ES was.

Another thing, I watched 2 replays yesterday and I was actually very surprised how differently they played. First of all (and this isn't so surprising) everyone gets wards and fights over the runes, as expected. But I think what really surprised me is how little people farmed and how they didn't get that many items. In one game, Lich (on the losing team, though) only got like 45 creep kills in a hour game. In the game's we play most people can get to 70+ creep kills pretty easily, a farmer or carry will get over 200 sometimes. Lich had no build beyond magic wand, treads and maybe 2 bracers... that's it. A lot of the other heroes were like that too, actually.

What surprised me so much about this is... I dunno, I always expected people to buy lots of items. I expected people to be better farmers than me and my friends, when it appears, watching these two replays, people are more concerned about killing heroes than pushing or farming. Is that true? I mean... I know killing heroes is important, but it would see that this is all that these players did. They would willing get less XP (by this I mean players sat and waited at ganking positions) just to get a kill, which I'm not sure seems like such a good tactic. I mean, it must be a good tactic since people do it, but... I dunno.

12. - Top - End - #552

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Hey, thanks a lot for the information, assuming I can get my team to actually play this make up this will be really useful, actually. I just have one question... umm... who is WL and WD? Warlock and... I have no clue who to even guess. I don't do good with those kind of abbreviations, as I don't frequent DotA forums all that much (I do however, refer to Rootfellen as Tree. :p). It took me a good long while to figure out who ES was.
    WD is Witch Doctor who has recently become a popular pick for a gank/support role due to his buffs in 6.65.

Another thing, I watched 2 replays yesterday and I was actually very surprised how differently they played. First of all (and this isn't so surprising) everyone gets wards and fights over the runes, as expected. But I think what really surprised me is how little people farmed and how they didn't get that many items. In one game, Lich (on the losing team, though) only got like 45 creep kills in a hour game. In the game's we play most people can get to 70+ creep kills pretty easily, a farmer or carry will get over 200 sometimes. Lich had no build beyond magic wand, treads and maybe 2 bracers... that's it. A lot of the other heroes were like that too, actually.
    There's a few reasons for this. First, Lich was probably buying a number of wards over the course of the game, which adds up to a couple thousand gold, or another item. I didn't watch the replay, but support heroes like that will often also buy a chicken and crow for the team, tangoes and flasks for the carry, and dust if it's needed. They'll also buy a number of TPs, since it generally falls on support heroes to teleport to towers to defend a carry from a gank.

Also, Lich is a support hero that doesn't get much use from items. Aghanim's and Mek are really the only items he gains a lot of benefit from. Things like Shiva's and Guinsoo can be nice luxury items, but they're very expensive and take large items like Mystic Staff which would require Lich to spend most of his time farming. Lich isn't very good at farming, since he has a bad attack animation, and is slow and doesn't have any real disables, making him gank bait. Also, all that time he spends farming, he isn't ganking, which means his team is basically playing down a man. That's ok when your team is down one person because Ursa is farming so that he'll be able to blink in and instagib two members of the enemy team. However, it's not worth it to play down a man for 20 minutes so that Lich can hex an enemy hero for three seconds.

Also, there's a limited amount of farm available. If lich is farming a big creepwave bottom, then that means that your team's SF (Shadowfiend) can't farm that, which will delay his potentially game winning items. This doesn't matter as much in lower level play where a lot of farm goes unused, but in top tier games, the best carries are generally able to use most of the farm available to them (with a semi-carry getting the rest), and most fights over map control are done in order to get a team's carry more things to farm.

What surprised me so much about this is... I dunno, I always expected people to buy lots of items. I expected people to be better farmers than me and my friends, when it appears, watching these two replays, people are more concerned about killing heroes than pushing or farming. Is that true? I mean... I know killing heroes is important, but it would see that this is all that these players did. They would willing get less XP (by this I mean players sat and waited at ganking positions) just to get a kill, which I'm not sure seems like such a good tactic. I mean, it must be a good tactic since people do it, but... I dunno.
    They are much better farmers, it just isn't readily apparent. I'm not sure whether you and your friends play pubs or inhouse, or what, but generally in pubs and low level inhouses and clan matches, lanes are fairly passive, with both sides farming and neither denying or harassing or ganking each other too much. Even though you're laning against someone, each side basically has free farm. Most players tend to average 4-5 creep kills (cs) a minute under these conditions. Top players are playing against other top players, who are actively trying to control their lane. They're harassing each other heavily, calling in ganks from roaming heroes starting at level one, and denying all the creeps they can. Despite all this interference, they manage to also get 4-5 cs a minute. When the best farmers get free farm they can often get up to 8-10 cs a minute (out of 10 available creeps for the early game). So basically, while they're being harassed and ganked by other top players (and harassing and ganking back), top farmers can farm roughly as well as you can while you're free to sit back and farm safely.

As far as people losing exp and income to gank, look at what heroes they're doing it on. You'll rarely see a carry doing this, since they need to be farming constantly. Instead, it's usually a support hero or ganker. VS (Vengeful Spirit) is the perfect example of this, since most teams will have her roam from lane to lane ganking people starting at level one. She's incredibly item independent, since she can't carry at all despite being an agi hero, and her mana pool is too small to support clicky items, but large enough that she can generally spam her spells. She doesn't need exp very badly because she can do just fine with a few ranks of stun, terror and one rank of her ultimate. More range on her ultimate, and a damage boost from command aura are nice, but they aren't essential to her. She really doesn't give up a whole lot by roaming and ganking instead of laning.

The gains of having her roam however, are massive. First, your team gets an extra solo, which means more farm and experience for a character who actually can use it (this does constrain your picks a bit since you now need to pick two good solos, but that's usually not an issue). By roaming, she gains you all sorts of map control. She can be around to gank the enemy carry and slow down his farming, basically a strategy of taking a small loss to your team to inflict a big loss on theirs. Your VS and their carry both get items and exp slower, however since your hero doesn't really need items and exp it's not that big of a deal. Theirs needs them very badly though, so they get hurt much more. Alternatively, you can have her help gank enemy heroes in a lane with your carries, granting them more freedom to farm faster. You always have a hero on hand to tp to a tower to either save it from a push, or save a carry from a gank. The unpredictability of a roaming hero also helps map control. I'm assuming in your games with friends you call missing heroes, and play more conservatively when one or two are missing. With a roamer, there's always a missing hero, forcing enemies to either limit their pushes, or risk getting ganked.

The basic idea behind ganking is that you can take a minor exp/gold penalty on heroes who don't really need exp and gold to inflict a major exp/gold penalty on enemy heroes that do. Of course, if you can't pull it off and fail to many ganks, you end up putting that penalty on yourself without actually hindering the enemy.

*EDIT* Sorry about the length, my desktop is currently broken so I'm stuck with nothing to do and a laptop that can barely run Firefox, let alone games.
    Last edited by Suedars; 2010-01-07 at 05:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553

So I'm going to end up playing tomorrow probably (if things work out according to plan) Anyone who wants to join is welcome to. If you have vent even better! if you have an available channel, best yet. You don't have to be good, or super awesome, you don't need to have ever gotten godlike or anything. I'm not super competitive, I just like playing the game. So if anyone wants to... I'll be on hopefully between 10am->12pm Eastern Standard Time and the Username is EndlessWrath. Just whisper me, tell me your from the playground and we'll go on from there.

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, Suedars. Very well put. I wish you luck with restoring your gaming.

On other news in 6.65, putting aside the OP'ness of murloc and the generally good qualities of app, I have really been enjoying chaos knights new blink. At it's worse, it's the old blink + all your images go to the location. At it's best, it's an even greater ganking tool.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

WD is Witch Doctor who has recently become a popular pick for a gank/support role due to his buffs in 6.65.
    Oh, cool. My brother really likes Witch Doctor.

There's a few reasons for this. First, Lich was probably buying a number of wards over the course of the game, which adds up to a couple thousand gold, or another item. I didn't watch the replay, but support heroes like that will often also buy a chicken and crow for the team, tangoes and flasks for the carry, and dust if it's needed. They'll also buy a number of TPs, since it generally falls on support heroes to teleport to towers to defend a carry from a gank.
    Yes, I realize buying wards is expesnive. I fooled with buying wards today... its not as easy as it looks.

Okay, good point. I know nothing about how Lich is played except his ulti is very good in team battles.

They are much better farmers, it just isn't readily apparent. I'm not sure whether you and your friends play pubs or inhouse, or what, but generally in pubs and low level inhouses and clan matches, lanes are fairly passive, with both sides farming and neither denying or harassing or ganking each other too much.
    Okay, to explain this in a bit of a long method, once a week me and my friends go to a LAN center and play 4v4 or 5v5 amongst ourselves. Depending on who shows up we'll play AP, AR, SD, CM or what. I guess its a "pub" game but you've described our playstyle pretty well, basically.

The basic idea behind ganking is that you can take a minor exp/gold penalty on heroes who don't really need exp and gold to inflict a major exp/gold penalty on enemy heroes that do. Of course, if you can't pull it off and fail to many ganks, you end up putting that penalty on yourself without actually hindering the enemy.
    Okay, thanks for the stuff. I wish I had time to practice more! School sucks up all my time.

And don't worry about the length, really, I enjoy reading this. In recent weeks I've realized that I really want to get good at DotA -- practice and learn new strategies instead of just messing around with different heroes.

And today I played 3 games, all of which were sorta busts. Not everyone I was expecting showed up and we had two unfair matches (because a guy who never plays came... and well... he never playss ) and then three other guys who we don't play with that often joined in. I was on their team, but, they did a very bad job of communicating to me how to play and what to do (I played Tide and, honestly, I think I did well, but I know I could have done much better). Plus they stank at hero selection. Troll, Murlock, Huskar, Tide, and then Moon Rider. We're playing AP and somehow this did not strike me as a very good team. The game lasted over 60 minutes because they couldn't be bothered to properly push mid in the last 20 minutes. From the beginning our victory was apparent, but, I think it was rather obvious that we won because Murlock went totally imba. Our enemies (Dragon Knight, ES, Puck, PotM, Chimera) had MUCH better team work and did a very good job of keeping us back.

@Chaos Knight's blink... hmm... yes I noticed they changed it but Haven't paid much attention to it. When I get the chance I'll fool around with AIs and see what its like, exactly.

Edit: Actually, out of curosity, what time do you guys play? I just tried a game of Wacraft Vanilla on the Europe Server and while there was a noticeable delay I wouldn't mind trying...
    Last edited by toasty; 2010-01-08 at 12:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556

The new hero.. is quite ridiculous. I've not played the Ice one, but the murloc is crazy good. I'm surprised how good he is. Imba at this point. new item build, MoM, sny, treads, butterfly, mkb and heart. It was surprisingly.. really good o.o.

-Wrath
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Son of a whore, Icefrog nerfed the Dark Seer again? I understand double shelling was too good, but this update cuts Vacuum's damage by a third and reduces the cast range by a third. Grrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor the Fallen
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow
    It'd be like shooting a baby in the head with a .44, would you give experience for that? Theres no threat, theres not even a challenge beyond hitting the baby.
    Roleplaying experience?

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    The new hero.. is quite ridiculous. I've not played the Ice one, but the murloc is crazy good. I'm surprised how good he is. Imba at this point. new item build, MoM, sny, treads, butterfly, mkb and heart. It was surprisingly.. really good o.o.

-Wrath
    SnY is almost always a bad item still. I'd go vlads, yasha, and then the rest could be ok. I've actually walked around with him using armlet, which makes it amazing. You want the vlads because you get a basi-ring to keep up your mana to keep pouncing and wrecking/ganking.

19. - Top - End - #559

BarbarianGuy

I wouldn't call Slark imba. He's a great pubstomper, but he's also complete paper with his bad starting Str and pathetic Str growth (1.0/lvl). Any team with a couple nukes and dust or sentries shouldn't have too many problems with him. Of couse, since most pubs have neither, he generally has free reign to wreck multiple heroes in pubs.

Although this just popped into my head. Does his ae nuke remove the dust debuff from himself? That'd make him significantly stronger.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Pixie in the Playground

So where do you guys play?

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't call Slark imba. He's a great pubstomper, but he's also complete paper with his bad starting Str and pathetic Str growth (1.0/lvl). Any team with a couple nukes and dust or sentries shouldn't have too many problems with him. Of couse, since most pubs have neither, he generally has free reign to wreck multiple heroes in pubs.

Although this just popped into my head. Does his ae nuke remove the dust debuff from himself? That'd make him significantly stronger.

Slark can't solo the entire team, but even with just, say, Pudge to soak up hits, then he can dart in, slaughter a person or two, and leave before the other team has any idea of what happend.

For the second part, yes, I beleive it does. That, or the dust just happend to wear off when he cast that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Son of a whore, Icefrog nerfed the Dark Seer again? I understand double shelling was too good, but this update cuts Vacuum's damage by a third and reduces the cast range by a third. Grrr.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2010-01-09 at 01:51 PM.
    trill in da playground

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

His thing does get rid of dust. The thing that bothers me most is when people get pounced, the reaction still is "oh god, I must run away". But really, it's not a disable. You can still just turn and fight him. Often the better choice just until the leash stops.

The way I see it, he fills a role much like Ursa does. One of those heroes who just build up after a few hits. A couple of nukes and he turns to easily killed hero.

He needs some adjusting, but he's not imba. Nerf maybe the movespeed bonus he gets a little, instead of making his pounce a flat 3.5 seconds leash, make it scale, and more importantly, not have his passive last 60 seconds. It only really matters in the middle of a team fight, so 20 seconds is good enough. This'll most likely just put him in the scale of decent to good heroes.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2010-01-09 at 03:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anatharon View Post
    Slark can't solo the entire team, but even with just, say, Pudge to soak up hits, then he can dart in, slaughter a person or two, and leave before the other team has any idea of what happend.
    If he's farmed a bit, he can usually take out a pair of heroes by himself with his ulti up if they're lacking in nukes and truesight, which late game can be enough to win the game by setting your team up for an easy push.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Fish
    His thing does get rid of dust. The thing that bothers me most is when people get pounced, the reaction still is "oh god, I must run away". But really, it's not a disable. You can still just turn and fight him. Often the better choice just until the leash stops.

The way I see it, he fills a role much like Ursa does. One of those heroes who just build up after a few hits. A couple of nukes and he turns to easily killed hero.
    Ah, I've normally immediately followed dust up with a stun so haven't noticed. And yes, I've played against too many bad Slarks that treat Pounce like a full disable and his ultimate like an invulnerability spell. I've probably gotten a half dozen kills as Lina by dusting as soon as I get pounced, stunning, then following up with my two other nukes.
    Last edited by Suedars; 2010-01-09 at 03:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I've normally immediately followed dust up with a stun so haven't noticed. And yes, I've played against too many bad Slarks that treat Pounce like a full disable and his ultimate like an invulnerability spell. I've probably gotten a half dozen kills as Lina by dusting as soon as I get pounced, stunning, then following up with my two other nukes.
    I've often had the same experience as lion. Granted, I happen to love both lion and lina for just blowing up annoying agility heroes that people love to play.

Also, a blink dagger takes care of his massive move speed and running away just as well. So as long as you keep him in sight, you can catch up to him(If he uses his ult to run away, follow the cloud, blink to where he will be, once the ult is over, he's back to being semi-slow). Blink daggers are the clutchiest of clutches, so they are worth it on many heroes.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2010-01-09 at 04:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565

On the subject of Slark, I haven't played much against him, but from what I've seen he does seems to be the pubstomper. Didn't know about the buff removal working for dust, so in itself it does seem quite good. I didn't find out ancient apparition much more powerful so far, but that's maybe only because I'm not used to his spell animations yet and I don't know which does what and stuff.

So I've started again playing quite some DotA, mainly on the new iccup server dedicated to it. Anyone else tried it? At lower ranks some players are quite bad but now I'm at C- and games are good enough. It's a change from playing on TDA. Language/latency is sometime an issue, but there is going to have US Bots set next week or so, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
    Cynan

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by Sindriss View Post
    So where do you guys play?
    U.S east right now. I might play tonight too! Not sure. I got a skype account since my vent is being weird. Team chat is a big thing for dota and me, I usually only play with a friend.

I was so mad yesterday . I played Sven and was 8/3/12 and then the game timed out. I was at the point of having the power to wipe out their team easily as long as I didn't 1v5... so what happens? The game times out. what makes it worse is sven is one of my top 5 heros. So I ended up playing him again in an SDEM and got crushed. 3/11/8

I was sooooo mad.

I'm going to try again tonight.
    -Wrath
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

tongue Re: Dota anyone?

U.S east right now. I might play tonight too! Not sure. I got a skype account since my vent is being weird. Team chat is a big thing for dota and me, I usually only play with a friend.

I was so mad yesterday . I played Sven and was 8/3/12 and then the game timed out. I was at the point of having the power to wipe out their team easily as long as I didn't 1v5... so what happens? The game times out. what makes it worse is sven is one of my top 5 heros. So I ended up playing him again in an SDEM and got crushed. 3/11/8

I was sooooo mad.

-Wrath
    Part of the problem there is the "EM".

On that note, we decided to do a silly game. We had both chen and enchantress on our team. So we decided to have chen in their jungle, and enchantress in our jungle, and then three solo's. It was fully of silly.
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2010-01-11 at 02:20 AM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Poison_Fish View Post
    Part of the problem there is the "EM".

On that note, we decided to do a silly game. We had both chen and enchantress on our team. So we decided to have chen in their jungle, and enchantress in our jungle, and then three solo's. It was fully of silly.
    The real question is: did you win?

And EM is annoying... I played an EM game because there were no other games and I had fun, but by the end of the game it was stupid how much gold we had.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

We won. But that's because somehow the mashing of silly and the fact that we played against a meh team won us the day. I mean, our solo's were slardar, PA, and Terrorblade. (Which makes for amusing times). Our terror blade went with a blink dagger + dagon for silly swap kills. A bunch of us had push staffs that we'd launch our Sladar at the team at rapid speeds. Overall, it was meant to be goofy. Also at level 2, huge armies of neutral creeps to push towers is amusing.

Good strategy? No, our team line up was quite made of fail(there's was a good pick, but bad players). Amusing? Oh yes.

30. - Top - End - #570

I was sooooo mad.

-Wrath
    Dude, I totally feel your pain. I can't go through one day of playing this that something like the above happens.