New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Elemental Storm - Team Good

Your travels have led you to this small village set in the plains between the major cities as the sun begins to set. As you walked through the town its residents seemed particularly wary of you, as if they suspected you were up to no good. A lot of the windows are boarded up or shattered, and the streets seem particularly innocence or laughter.

Inside the inn, what you'd normally expect to be a bustling enterprise of joy and laughter is instead devoid of all life except a hairy dwarf behind the counter, standing firm with a bold expression. When you entered a short while ago, he looked at you with an approving nod, as if congratulating you. However, only five other people have entered the bar in that time, each of them looking confused as the situation would suggest.

Spoiler
    Show
    As I'm sure you've intellectually ascertained, those other five are the rest of team good. Feel free to claim a colour for talking, and enjoy the stereotypicalness!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Elemental Storm - Team Good

Celix

Normally used to the distrust of the public, Celix walks down the roads of the town in silence. This, however, was different. An unwholesome silence hung in the air. Usually at this time of day merchants were at their loudest trying to make one more sale. Children used the time to play before they were called in. Something isn't right here. He takes notice of the windows. Wouldn't just the shutters be closed if the people were just hiding? The significance eluding him, Celix shrugs and continues walking.

Arriving at the inn, the pale wind of death seems suffocate the usual atmosphere. Could the villagers be mourning someone? some thing? It doesn't really matter to him, Celix supposes. He's hungry, tired, and could possibly use a drink. Sitting down on one chair and propping up his legs on another, he decides that he could definitely use a drink.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike Williams, Human (Armadan) Scout

A young woman with short red hair walks up to the bar, shedding her backpack and leaning it against said bar before dropping onto one of the barstools and leaning forwards, a large bastard sword now showing as being strapped to her back.
    I'll take one of your strongest, she tells the dwarven bartender.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Right ye're young lass! Ye show all thaem cowards out there that there isnae anythin' to fear jist because the sun has set! One pint of the good stuff comin' right up for ya!"

Turning around and grabbing a mug from the shelf, the dwarf begins to use the keg propped up in the back to fill you up a glass of some alcoholic substance. "Ye'll have tae make this las' lass; I'm running short on me stock at the moment!"
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-26 at 01:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. She drops a few copper coins on the counter to pay for her drink and takes a deep sip from the mug before nodding appreciatively. That's the good stuff alright. So. Shrike leans forwards in a slightly-conspiratorialy manner, jerking a thumb at the door. What exactly is everyone's problem anyway.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Pocketing the copper pieces, the loud dwarf answers your question.

"Ghouls lass! Thae blasted undead ur walking! They've been scarin' aff our merchants an' attackin' our farmers! The word is that they've been comin' from the temple of Icari up north; thaem priests up there have some explainin' tae do!"

The dwarf throws his hands up in the air and gruffs heavily, clearly annoyed at the circumstances.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Seph]

The streets were quiet, unusually quiet. He expected to hear the laughter of children, the groan of the rebellious ones' after listening to their parents' rants towards them. Even the buildings themselves were not natural. Growing up on the floating island he expected to at least see some of the inner windows open, but no, all were closed.

Still, the tavern was a good place as any. It usually offered, if not a good drink, some wonderful stories to listen to, even if the crowd was as small as it was. "Give me your finest--but under oh... 50 piece?" He didn't have much to offer up, but without need for the traditional items, the man liked what he could get, and ordered as such once seated near the rest. "Oi, how about a few stories to pass the time? If not, get us all acquainted."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not completely done with fluff yet. Should finish tonight
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

8. - Top - End - #8

Celix

The sounds of ale running from a tap motivated Celix to get up from his comfortable spot and head over to buy a drink. He was happy enough to have his curiosities put to rest by overhearing the talk about the ghouls, so he did not make a point of not paying attention. He approaches the dwarf and puts two silver pieces on the counter.

"Two. Please," he says assertively. A focused look comes across his face as his cursed red eyes look intently. The sun disk of his faith hangs from his neck as he leans in on the bar and continues, "I was planning on heading to the temple in the morning. Have you heard anything from the priests since the trouble."

Once he's been answered and/or been given a drink, Celix turns to the newcomer and nods. "Yes. Like a funeral around here."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Responding to each of the requests, the dwarf repeatedly pockets the money and brings out some strong smelling but foreign alcoholic mix. He first turns his attention to Seph "Rest assured lad, ye look like the type who'd get a kick oot ae hearing whit's been going oan roon' here!" Laughing loudly at his own joke, the dwarf then turns his attention to Celix and notices the holy symbol hanging from his neck.

"A worshipper 'o Icari! Lad, ye should consider visiting the temple up north if ye get the chance: they could use a strong type like yersel' tae help wi' their problem! Everyone here's too busy holdin' aff the zombies walking oot of their crypts tae help thaem up there! The journey there and back takes a whole day, an' we need every man oan haun doon here!"

The dwarf continues to look at you all eagerly, as if expecting a response from you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Urgh, writing for this dwarf is hard!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Ghouls, you say? Easily enough dealt with, just like this.
    The young lady extends an arm, hand out, palm down, fingers slightly spread, pointed at one of the hanging lanterns.

Nothing happens.

Crappit.

Shrike drops her arm and morosely sips her ale, but looks back up when the dwarf mentions problems in the north.
    Problems up north? What sort of problems? More undead?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

The usually silent ninja/badass of the group peaked up from his ninja visor at the mention of trouble up north.
    "What is this mention of undead, I'm not exactly fond of them, my katana doesn't exactly slice into their flesh that great."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Noticing the ninja in the background, the dwarf looks at you irritably:
    "Take aff thae hood in ma pub! Ye're scaring aff the few customers ah already huv!"

Turning his attention back to Shrike, he responds once again after looking briefly confused at her hand display:
    "Pay attention lass! Thae undead ur coming FAE the north! Everyone's blaming thum priests fur necromancy; if ye ask me, there's a pillage in the near future if people doan't get tae the bottom af this!

The dwarf then pulls a dirty rag from under the bar; starting to whipe the bar with the already unclean cloth, muttering under his breath.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Laen

The elf who had been staring lazily out the front shutter of the bar, standing with his longbow slung across his back, turned to face the bar. "Then someone will have to end them." He straightened as he addressed the barkeep. "A cleric led a nasty passel of wights through my thorp when I was a child, and they turn my sisters before three paladins destroyed the aberrations."
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

I could certainly stand with slicing and dicing some bad guys. Either the ghouls or those who made 'em.
    She takes another sip of ale.
    Sounds like fun to me.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15

Celix

Celix takes a long drink in as the travelers in the taverns worked themselves up to embark on a crusade. He grins slightly as the ale pours down this throat. Just like the old days. Pushing the second mug back towards the bartender, he remarks, "Looks like you need booze more'n me. So when's the last you heard from the priests?"

Half not waiting for the bartender to answer he turns to the assembly. "I'm going up on daybreak. Anyone want to come, go ahead. Just get drunk tonight and make peace with your gods. You know, normal stuff."

His rumbling stomach brings his thoughts back into the here and now.

"Any good food around here anyway?"
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Laughing loudly at your bravery, the dwarf slams his fist on the bar.

"A right bunch ae heroes we've goat here! If it's food ye're after, ye kin a' huv a free meal oan me, jist so long as ye come back alive later!"

Continuing to laugh at his own odd humour, the dwarf turns around the bar to prepare you a freshly cooked meal from what little supplies he has before you set off the next morning.

Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone has anything they want to get done or say anything before you leave, be sure to say so, otherwise I'll assume everyone heads up north to the temple

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops, silly me. I've only gone and forgotten about Zar

Zar, post soon or I'll have to NPC you!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Right Zar I've given you way too much time, I'm going to be NPCing you until you start posting again.

Morning comes quickly to the otherwise quiet town, with no attacks from the undead occuring through the night. As planned, you all head north towards the temple of Icari.

The journey isn't hard, but it does take a large portion of the day. Eventually, you arrive at the large stone structure in a clearing surrounded by woods too thick to see through. Entering the temple, you're greeted by a poised old man with long silver hair running down from his head.

"Welcome travellers, Icari protect, if you are looking for a sanctum or spiritual advice I'm afraid we are quite busy at the moment: We currently have the dead rising from our tombs and attacking the innocent village to the south."

The priest gives you sad, apologetic eyes.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike is just a little tired from the journey, but gives the priest a jaunty grin, shifting slightly so the hilt of the bastard sword strapped to her back is visible.
    We know all about your undead problem, old man. That's why we're here, we're the exterminators.
    Her greenish-brown eyes gleam at the prospect of guilt-free slicing-and-dicing. And loot.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-02 at 10:12 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Helitia looks at the priest

Do not worry my friend, we'll have this problem rapped up in no time. Evil is my specialty. She says with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about not posting very often, never saw the game until now...
    Last edited by Zarpasphankaris; 2008-09-03 at 02:20 PM.

ooo! or candyland?? thog loves candyland!
    No, Thog! It's just an expression. We're NOT playing "Candyland".
    *sigh* Thog fears he will never again know the majesty of the gumdrop mountains.

21. - Top - End - #21

Celix

Used to travel, Celix hardly looks winded as the party reaches the Temple Of Icari. He kept his sword at the ready the entire time, expecting the undead to swarm them at any moment. Reaching the temple, he plants the blade outside of the bounds of holy ground, and gives the customary greeting of his home temple, "Light shine on you."

Celix takes a quick look over the place, still smelling the subtle, if imagined, smell of danger. In a harsh tone, he asks the priest, "Where they coming from? Not much time left to make a dent in them today."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Looking over you all, the priest continues:

"I expected a troupe such as yourself would eventually arrive wanting to take care of this problem. The undead have been rising out of the tomb of Saint Lucas, one of Icari's highest ranking allies, which is just inside the temple here. Strangely, they haven't been coming through the temple itself, as if there's another passage opened. Still, if you intend to go down there I should warn you: there are many traps to guard against grave robbers, not to mention whatever source is bringing up the dead again."

He gives you a sad look, as if trying to plead with you not to risk your lives.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Laen

"Very curious that the undead rise from so holy a site. I would think the tomb's consecration would deter their presence. If they haven't been exiting through the temple, how do you know they're coming from St. Lucas' tomb?"
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, this temple was built as a dedication to Saint Lucas' tomb you see; as such there's not another tomb with enough of the deceased inside to create attacks for as long and as heavy for a good few hundred miles. I suppose that they could be coming from various graveyards scattered around the area, but this method seems more likey. As for the consecration -"

The priest's eyes light up, as if he's remembered something:

"Father Mhenlo went down there a few weeks ago to re-sanctify the tomb as he'd done every year; he's a direct descendant of Saint Lucas you see. We haven't seen him since we sent him down there, now that you mention it. I assumed he was out on missionary work; he does that a lot."

The priest then looks down on the floor whilst resting his head on his knuckles, clearly deep in thought.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

So it seems that whoever's responsible got him when he went down there then. Hmm.
    Shrike tilts her head and chews her lip a little, thinking.
    Or perhaps it wasn't Father Mhenlo who went down there at all in the first place?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Laen

"I'd hope one of your clergy would notify someone before departing from the temple... he could have been trapped down there for any number of mundane reasons and died by now. If you think that's where they're coming from, we'd best have a look. Can you lead us or at least talk us through the safeguards Father Mhenlo put in place, so we can investigate the tomb proper?"
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

27. - Top - End - #27

Celix

Growing impatient, Celix recovers his sword and slings it over his shoulder. He knows all too well what becomes of those captured by monsters. He looks in at the priest in a piercing serious glare, interrupting any response he could make to his companions.

"The longer he's missing the worse he's off. We need to leave for the tomb. Now."

His cursed eyes glow brighter with intent as he approaches closer to the priest.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Stepping back a bit from Celix, he speaks again:

"Well you see, if I could walk you through the traps he had installed then I would, but we had a bit of a problem a few years back when one of our clergymen turned out to be a grave robber himself. Father Mhenlo's had the traps reinstalled since then, and he's not one to share his secrets you see. Quite the brash young man actually."

"However, I wouldn't give up hope that he's dead just yet. There's a room inside the tomb with a golden mural of the sun in front; it was built in case something like this happened and someone still alive was trapped inside. It's perfectly safe with plenty of rations to last several weeks: if he is still alive then it's likely he'd be in there."

"If you intend to go in now, I insist you take this with you:" The priest pulls off a ring from his finger, which is emblazaned with the sun on its tip "There are some locked doors inside the tomb, including the temple coffers. Rings like these are essentially the keys to get inside those rooms. If you intend to see these coffers yourself, please feel free to take as much as needed from there. We would consider it a reward for defeating these monsters."

Another priest, younger looking than the one before you, spots you and runs over. "Are these people intending to go down into the crypts Father Isaac?" Before Isaac can respond though, he's already talking again "If you go down there, please do us a favour and retrieve the decorative shield from Lucas' tomb; we've decided to keep it up here from now on in case something like this happens again, and it would be a time saver after you've dealt with whatever's down there to bring it back on your way up." Again, before anyone answers him, he's already ran off back to talking to the other priests and monks about.

"Forgive Roman: he's been quite a fritter since these events started. Well, if you are still going down, the entrance is just outside in the cemetery." Waiting for you to follow, Father Isaac waits by the door.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Bring back the shield. Gotcha.
    It might have been noticed that the redhead's eyes lit up even more when the priest mentioned the reward. Were there not outside observers around, Shrike would likely be doing her own version of the happy dance - being able to slice-and-dice all she wants and raid the temple coffers, with it actually being sanctioned to boot? She's feeling tempted to pinch herself to make sure she isn't dreaming...

Well then, she pulls out her bastard sword and grins. What are we waiting for?
    And she turns to follow Father Issac.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Helitia looks at Shrike with a look of disgust

Hmmph. There is no need for a reward. The reward of knowing we saved a beings life is enough. All we are doing is what is right and what should be done. There is no need for ANY *Glances at shrike with this word*reward at all.

ooo! or candyland?? thog loves candyland!
    No, Thog! It's just an expression. We're NOT playing "Candyland".
    *sigh* Thog fears he will never again know the majesty of the gumdrop mountains.