New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Ebberon DnD 3.5e 8 man party

Arriving in the capital of the Lhazaar Principalities, Regalport, you find yourselves submerged into the life of an everyday being here. Depending on what you want to do you will find it.
    What do you guys do?

(ooc) do ooc in here and put ooc in front of it, no spoilers that is for dice rolls. i dont care if you type pretty here ( punctuation, spelling,capitals) but do it in ic. also choose a color.start talking to random people and try to meet the other party members. always end your ooc too so i know when its ic and ooc
    ALSO i will have you all find each other some how (ooc)

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Ebberon DnD 3.5e 8 man party

Selling fruit was a hard, but honest job. Alaric has been scraping a living for the last week, renting a room in the inn by his fruit stall. All of his money went into the room's rent since his pay was low, Alaric sold little fruit. His main job was as a paladin, not a vendor.

Alaric loudly advertised his goods to the crowd on the street. After a few minutes he gave up and sat down, his thoughts strayed back to his dream of exploring the world.

(OOC)
    Hoping a PC will notice me either when walking past or going to the inn.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jamben strolled down the waterfront, completely oblivious to the bustle of merchants and dockhands all around him. He was focused.

Somewhere around here there was an inn. He had friends there... well, acquaintances, rather. He'd met them once. That counted, didn't it? But despite his best efforts he just could not find it. Everything around him stunk of stale fish and sea, and all the buildings on the waterfront looked the same. How is anyone supposed to find anything in this blasted place? he thought to himself.

He considered turning back to the ship he'd arrived on, asking them if they knew where the Shoreburn inn was. He got so far as to turn and begin to holler...

"Captain? Captain!"

But his meek and tinny voice could hardly compete with the boisterous activity around him. He definitely didn't want to deal with those crowds again, and he'd be happy if he never set foot on the deck of a sea ship again. His delicate stomach was still doing somersaults. Give me an airship any day, but keep me off the water!

He continued to make his way down the waterfront, keeping an eye out for the Shoreburn Inn. There'd be nothing like good halfling company -- and food -- to soothe him.

(ooc)

What better color for an evoker than purple? Mine!

Jamben is rather flamboyantly dressed; not like a wealthy fool, but more like someone *trying* to look wealthy, but having no fashion sense nor money to accomplish the task. I figure he'll stick out like a sore thumb among the dockhands, making it easy for PCs or NPCs to spot him.

I'm also taking the liberty of injecting a little flavor from one of my other characters in a different campaign (Breithen Shoreburn); the Shoreburn Inn is a branch of the family establishment Breithen's grandfather founded, currently under the proprietorship of Breithen's uncle.

Don't worry, I don't intend to try and make my characters interact, even indirectly. Just some flavor. :)

(/ooc)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jamben continues his meander, eyes glossing over the shop signs but not really absorbing anything. His stomach twinges a little bit and he decides he better abandon his search for the inn for now and focus on something to eat.

He quickly spies a fruit cart set up in the mouth of one of the numerous alleys spawning from the waterfront into the city proper. He approaches the vendor eagerly.

"It looks like you sell fruit, good man. Tell me, what do you have, and how much. You won't believe the voyage I've just had..."

The animated halfling launches into a ramble, hardly letting the vendor get a word in edgewise, let alone answer his question. After a few moments the monologue ends nearly abruptly as it began as Jamben trails off in a mutter, eyes off to the side. Another moment and he blinks and turns back to his captive and stares expectantly...

5. - Top - End - #5

Alaric smiles and nod's over and over again as the strangely clothed halfling continues to rant about his trip. Alaric suddenly began to wonder where his soon to be companions are. Suddenly the halfling stops talking and Alaric's focus comes back.

"Ummm.... We sell wild cherries, grapes, and plums. We also sell cooked apples and pears. We had, and maybe still do, have some exotic fruit called dates. There a copper piece for two apples, 2 pounds of grapes is 2 coppers and it seems we......(after a small list)...If you want some real food i suggest you go to the inn,"Alaric points at the inn ", you can also rent a room there. Tell me, what are you here for?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jamben claps his hands in delight at the mention of cooked apples.

"That'll hit the spot, most certainly. Warm and soft, should calm my... Did you say inn?"

He looks around intensely until his eyes land on the fairly large and obvious sign hanging above the door of the building he's standing next to.

"Well I'll be, there's an inn right there. And goodness yes, it's the Shoreburn. That's just what I've come for. Now how about some apples?"

He turns back to Alaric and pays him a copper for the fruit. After a couple bites from the first apple, he speaks again.

"You asked my business, I guess I can divulge. I'm here to renew an old acquaintance. We met several years ago in Sharn; I just hope he remembers me. He's actually the proprietor of this here inn.

"Hey, do you stay here? Perhaps you could tell me if he's in a good mood... you see, he's not really expecting me."

Jamben leans in conspiratorially for a moment.

"Truth is, I'm not here just to see an old mate. I've heard tales about adventure in these Principalities, and I'd frankly grown bored over on the mainland. I'm just calling in on this friend to try and get a free room while I'm here.

"So what's your story, fruit man?"

He stands back up and begins to lay in to the other half of his first apple hungrily.

(ooc)

Rayzin, you gonna claim a color for Alaric's "speech bubbles"? Also, I'm not 100% familiar with the lesser aasimar; does Alaric have wings, and if so, are they obvious? (They wouldn't be obvious to Jamben in any case.)

(/ooc)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"This job sucks; how creative can you get making a sword for some kid out to avenge his dad? I need more!"

Lucy's work was not one that she happily picked. The life of a blacksmith, although familiar to her, was also a very uneventful one. None of the clients around here really wanted anything that grand, and the moment she suggested something a little bit fancier they scoffed her as 'unexperienced'. "Unexperienced, hah! I'm more experienced than any of those dwarves around here!"

Lucy sighed to herself as she continued grumbling, completely oblivious to the fact that she was doing it out loud and was attracting a few stares, particularly from some unhappy dwarfs that she'd crossed. As she approached the Shoreburn for the after work drink, she noticed a fruit vendor having a conversation with a gaudily clad halfling. As her mind drifted into filling in their lips with noise from her head, she spotted the fruit vendors wares:
    Let's see: apples, blegh, cherries, ick; pips, some wierd brown thing? Ah, grapes. GRAPES?!

Lucy burst forward with speed and without thought stole a handful of grapes from the basket which she proceeded to shove into her mouth. Then, between fruits, she realised what she'd just done, reached in to her pocket and unwittingly threw a gold piece into the fruit basket before heading into the inn for her drink to go with her favourite fruit; not realising the vast overpayment she'd just made.

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

Anju d'Deneith

The warmage stood at the bar, staring around the inn as he surveyed the scene. His military uniform looked out of place in Lhazaar, and not just because it was Aundairian. It was pristine and new, yet the war had been over for many years, and he there was no official Aundairian presence in Lhazaar.

He adjusted his belt as he waited to catch the barmaid's eye.

"Pint of Wrogarian Black please. Oh, you don't have that. What about a glass of old Storm Tossed? No! Well, a glass of your local ale then please."

Anju was a long way from home, and starting to feel a little homesick. He'd caught a ride out to the ends of the earth in search of glory and adventure, but so far he hadn't found it. Maybe it would find him?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter ir'Lanan

Walter sighed, as he poured the man a drink. This wasn't what he'd set out for; he'd wanted to keep working somewhere exciting, actually doing something with all his strength.

But his last several ruins raids had been a bust, and now nobody would work with him. It was hardly his fault that the ruins had been excavated before! He couldn't find any sponsored work either: nobody seemed to have a kidnapped son, or even a missing pig.

To pay for expenses, he'd eventually had to get a regular job. He couldn't even ply his ancestral trade, as there were already more tailors than the town could support. If it weren't for Miss Molly, the woman Captain Pinstripes seemed to regard as a bar wench, why, then he'd have...

It was at that moment that Walter realized that the beer was overflowing the cup, and spilling onto his shoes. He hastily turned off the tap, handed the man his beer, and set to cleaning up the mess.

"Here's your ale, sir. Sorry about the mess; just means you get more for your money, hey?"

If my father could see me now, no doubt he'd laugh his arse off.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-08-27 at 09:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As Jamben stood listening to the fruit man's story, he was nearly bowled over by a human female with nothing but fruit on her mind.

"Now, really!" he exclaimed, but more out of curiosity than anger. He watched the crazed fiend devour a few handfuls of grapes, then in surprise as she flipped a gold into the vendor's cart.

"Looks like your lucky day, mate," he laughed. "I guess I'll get on in and see how old Marto is doing and see if I can get me that room."

He took his leave and made his way into the inn. Upon entering he noticed the grape woman enjoying her spoils at a table and a crisp military man at the bar. He also noted with some disappointment that both the bartender and the barmaid appeared human. You'd hardly realize this was a halfling establishment. Where are your standards, Marto? he thought to himself as he took a corner booth.

(ooc)

Well, I'm ready!

dnb, when Jamben finally gets a chance to talk to Marto, I completely expect Marto to *not* recognize him -- they've only met once and Jamben's opinion of their friendship is highly overrated.

And I apologize if I've taken too much liberty in naming the inn and innkeep where we're apparently meeting. Who knows, if it's too much problem, you can just say Marto retired a few years back and the bar's under new ownership. :)

(/ooc)
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-08-27 at 09:25 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

"Hmmm... let me see. We'll, my names Alaric. I came here from a small fishing village from somewhere along the shores of the island. I came to the city to live the big life, which is still a work in progress."

Alaric stopped speaking when he saw the gold coin. He grabbed it and rejoiced, it was 4 days of rent and food!

"Hey halfling, i think i'll be closing early and going to the inn and grabbing a drink."

Alaric went inside. First thing he did was walk to the opposite side of the room from where the strangely clothed man stood. He went up to a table and ordered a drink.

(OOC)
    Aasimar dont have wings, nor do lesser aasimar. They fit in with normal humans, they only look a bit better and have a strange grace.

It says somewhere that a lvl 20 aasimar gets wings.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-08-27 at 10:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    (OOC)
    Aasimar dont have wings, nor do lesser aasimar. They fit in with normal humans, they only look a bit better and have a strange grace.

(ooc)

Oh, ok then. I got the misconception from the artwork on page 99 of Player's Guide to Eberron. It shows Prince Lorrister (a male aasimar, leader of the Heavenly Fleet) with wings. Just artistic liberty by the illustrator, I guess. Thanks for the clarification.

(/ooc)

13. - Top - End - #13

Default Delano d'Vadalis

Up on stage, the mandolin player started a new tune. It wasn't the best performance, but bearable. The song is slow and repetitive, and from one of the tables in the inn, a heckler tears in to the bard.

"Oh, yeah, that's wonderful. How about you speed that up to get it over with quicker?"

After a brief spurt of laughter, the bard on stage looks muderously at the heckler and then begins a new song, this one upbeat and peppy. The bard starts singing along in a falsetto, and the heckler speaks up again.

"No, really, you don't have to sing. Your playing is beautiful enough!"

After another burst of laughter, the heckler quiets down, absorbed in his food. A closer look under the light would have revealed a strange form of dress. The man was wearing a bicolor outfit, seemingly cut into four squares in the front, of alternating green and blue. He has one puffy sleeve, on his left shoulder, while on his right there is some embroidery where a hole is cut out. A slim tworl of lines, like a magical tattoo, resides on the skin uncovered there. As he toys with his last bites, he cracks jokes to the people around his table as he takes long sips of his drink.

"You ever heard the one about the changeling who led a decent, hard-working life? Huh. Neither did I. Hahahaha!"
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-27 at 10:54 AM.
    Look! It's me!
    The Fey Archer (made for my fiance, many years ago.)
    Savannah gets the awesome credit for my John Locke avatar.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Applauding the bard's solemn performance, even if she had only been present for a short time, Lucy started to become irritated with the heckler's arrogance.

"Hey! Maybe you should get up on their and try showing off some of your musical talent. That is, if you actually have any!"

In fact, she was so annoyed she couldn't stop herself moving over to his table and putting her face up into his.

"You know, if there's something I hate it's someone being a jerk! Maybe I should teach you a lesson about respects!

Lucy stares daggers at the cocky man, waiting for his response.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-27 at 07:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

(ooc)

I'm a little confused about whether the colonel's character is the bard on stage or the heckler (and apparently Slamexo is, too). I think it's the latter now, but started reading believing it was the former, since his character is a bard as well...

(/ooc)

16. - Top - End - #16

(ooc) sorry, I was making fun of the cliche of how bards introduce themselves.
    My character actually has ranks in perform(sarcasm) and is the heckler, the red texted one, not the silent one.
    Sorry for any confusion, guys. I thought I was clear, but I guess describing someone as being in an entertainer's outfit does lead you to think that they're the one on stage.
    It'll work great once i'm assissting a pick locks check, though. "No, really. If you just keep doing that, we'll get in the room really soon. Oh wait. You've been doing it for 20 minutes already. Nevermind."
    (/ooc)
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-27 at 07:36 PM.
    Look! It's me!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

(ooc) Ish, confusion . Well, edited my last post now to fit more accurately. (ooc)

18. - Top - End - #18

Default Delano d'Vadalis

The man smiles serenly into the huffy womans' face and throws the contents of his mug into it.
    Luckily, it's only a few drops of water.

Still, it gains a reaction from the audience, and he steps up onto the stage and starts doing the deadpan humor that made him famous in the Foalswood estate.

(ooc)
    the proof is in the pudding! er, perform check!
    perform(sarcasm) check: (1d20+7)[25]

That means... Oh, wow. "Memorable performance"! 1d6gp is thrown to me! Awesome! It's been way too long since I played a bard....
    (/ooc)

"Hey, and House Medani was just in the gazettes. Apparently, they've been investigating why they're so god-awful at their jobs. Haven't uncovered any leads so far, though...."

He did admirably, cutting into many patrons but healing the wound with quick laughter, and ignoring any who tried to beat him at his own game. He only wished that his old friend the Fool Orc was here so that he could do his old 'the difference between elves and half-elves' routine... oh well. They seemed to like him well enough, which is more than he could say about most of his close family.
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-27 at 07:55 PM.
    Look! It's me!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Now fuming with at the man and his incredible rudeness, Lucy starts yelling at the top of her voice:

"Hey you bastard! Why don't you stand up for yourself like a man instead of throwing things in my face and trying to draw attention to yourself! What sort of coward are you!?"

Barely holding herself back from jumping on top of the man, Lucy looks at him with fire in her eyes as she waits for his reply.
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-08-27 at 07:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Default Delano d'Vadalis

(ooc)
    Oh, we have a temper now, do we? Let's see how much gold I got... (1d6)[2]
    (/ooc)

Sighing at the impetuos woman's demeanor, he retreats into the civility of his noble life.
    "I'm ever so sorry, madam. If you could just forgive me enough to let me buy you a drink, I'm sure we could find many reasons that we should be friends instead of enemies."
    Delano takes the silver pieces on stage that were tossed to him and goes up to the barkeeper, and then comes back to the table with a good meal for the woman.

(ooc)(pocketing the remaining 15 sp)(/ooc)
    Last edited by ColonelFuster; 2008-08-27 at 08:06 PM.
    Look! It's me!

21. - Top - End - #21

A little halfling about 3 feet tall, and about as round, comes running, more waddling, into the bar panting and wiping sweat from his forehead. The bartender says to him What is it Marto? What happened?
    Can....can....can someone please help me. Its the most awful thing that's ever happened to me. Quickly I need help.

22. - Top - End - #22

The paladin spots the halfling. Alaric stands up and moves towards him.
    "What happened?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It takes Jamben a moment to recognize Marto from across the room, nor can he hear the fellow's exclamations over the renewed singing from the first bard and accompanying heckling. But once he catches sight of him, he quickly gets up and begins to cross over to the bar with a boisterous "Marto! Old friend!" But as he's about halfway across the room he notices the distressed look on the innkeep's face and pauses for a moment.

Now we can't have that! He is an acquaintance, even if I meant only to use him, and I can't stand to see a friend in distress. Jamben resumes the crossing, now at a quicker pace. "Marto? What is it, what's wrong?"

[edit: added some flavor text I meant to on the first pass, but somehow missed]
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-08-27 at 08:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Delano Looks over from the table with an interested glance. This is why he stayed, isn't it? To find adventure?
    But no. This was an attractive woman and he wasn't about to go ruining his chance at a meal with someone.
    He restrained the urge to inquire towards them, instead, asking her, "so what do you think that's all about?"
    Look! It's me!

25. - Top - End - #25

My family has been murdered, my possessions have been stolen, everything of my life is gone. The halfling says starting to cry. Regaining his composure he says You look like adventurers if you want you can come and look at my house its just down the street.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Murdered?! Who would dare murder a halfling of House Ghallanda!" Jamben appears on the verge of tears. "You must show me at once, and point me in the direction of those responsible. They will taste the wrath of my magiks!"

(ooc) In case you didn't notice from Breithen's character sheet, he and his family, including Marto and Marto's heirs, are of House Ghallanda (/ooc)
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-08-27 at 09:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

"I'm sorry. I must take my leave of you now. Adventure calls, my lady."
    The conversation happened so fast... I have to get going with the adventurers!
    Look! It's me!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Walter

"Er, Miss Molly? I'm afraid I'll be taking a bit of a break. I promise to make it up to you!"

Walter leaps over the bar, and as he finishes speaking, he's already out the door, and catching up to the group leaving.

Slowing to a their pace, he says,
    "I'll be coming to help as well. Those who don't fear House retribution must have a pretty strong force."
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-08-27 at 10:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

(ooc) Heh, sorry, didn't mean to rush you out the door guys. Jamben just got a little worked up is all. I wasn't expecting the party to *really* leave already... (/ooc)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Lucy was pleasantly surprised when she found out what she had thought to be a cocky fool had instead just turned out to be a nice enough smartass. Whilst she was halfway through the free meal he had offered, a halfling barged into the tavern and caused up quite a commotion. Although she hadn't intended to offer assistance first without a guarentee of payment, she saw some others going to claim the mission. If they were paying, she'd have to join in now or miss out on the chance.

Quickly getting up from the table, Lucy called out to the others who had volunteered whilst following them "Hey! Wait up, I'm coming too!"