New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default City of Broken Dreams: Life's Bazaar

Chapter 1: Life's Bazaar

1 week ago...

As you were going about your day, unaware of anything special in the wind, the town crier started up

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Terseon Skellerang, the Captain of the Guard, has called a meeting for all the citizenry tonight, outside the town hall. Be there for the good of Cauldron!

Nodding to the message, you made a mental note of this, and continued on with your day. That night however, you attended the meeting, as did the rest of the town. The air was electric with anticipation, and rumours. You caught bits and pieces flying back and forth, rumours of war, famine, taxes, and even rumours of a coup d'etat. After about 15 minutes, Captain Skellerang takes the stage, and motions for silence.

Good people of Cauldron, thank you for coming out tonight to hear me. There has been... an incident. You are all aware of the unfortunate taxes that we must pay to the brotherhood, for the safety of our roads.

The crowd riles up at this, expecting the worst. He motions for quiet again, and after a few moments, he speaks again.

Now, late last month we sent off our "taxes", and we were assured of their safety. However, we have received word from the brotherhood that they never received it. Upon investigation, we have been unable to find any clues as to what happened.

The reason for this meeting is to advise you all to be cautious, to keep your eyes and ears open, and to prepare to defend yourselves. This may be the start of a campaign by the brotherhood against our fair city. We have already caught one group of brotherhood spies within the city walls since this incident, and fear more may be found. Also, if the taxes are found to have returned to Cauldron, they must be returned to the brotherhood. If anyone harbours them, they will be declared a traitor to the city and will face punishment. This is for the benefit of us all.

I am also calling for those who are able bodied, and willing, to band together and be prepared to be called upon to aid the city. If you are willing, please stay behind afterwards, and form into groups.

If we cannot recover the taxes, we may need to pay it again. Of course, we will do everything we can to avoid this, but if the choice is between war and the loss of two individuals, we would chose that loss.

That is all.

He steps down from the stage, and the crowd clears slowly. At the end, there are 5 individuals left standing there, asides from you. With a shrug, you wander over and start to introduce yourself to the others.

Three days ago…

You and your fellow “hunters” as you have been called, have been asking around about the missing “taxes”, as they are known. Their families know nothing about it, but there has been something of more concern that you have noted.

Citizens are going missing.

Every day, the list grows, as you look further and further into the disappearances. It seems that the “taxes” aren’t the only ones that have gone without a trace. Unfortunately, there seems to be little to go on. No real clues so far, no common links between the victims that stands up and shows itself, no motive, nothing. You’ve got a few names, and some citizens seem to be worried that the Vanishing has returned, or that maybe the Brotherhood aren’t going to wait to collect what they’re owed. Whatever the cause is, you’ve got to find the source and stop it before panic sets in.

You may not have much time though.

Earlier today…

You discovered that children have been going missing from the local orphanage. The citizens are incensed at this, and are threatening to riot if something isn’t done. As such, you haven’t been able to get near the orphanage to investigate today, but maybe tomorrow. The Captain of the Guard has doubled patrols for the moment, and this seems to have calmed the populace down, for now.

Now…

A wretched drizzle falls from the ash-grey sky. The crowded, rain-slicked buildings seem especially bleak and frightful this evening, hunched together beneath the gloomy sky. A few lights burn in their windows, but mostly the shutters have been closed against the darkness and rain. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and the din of water trundles from the rooftops, splashing into dark alleys and turning street gutters into rivulets.

But, you have a duty to keep for the moment, which is why you’re out. The Town Guard have asked that you report nightly on your findings, and on the general feel of the people at the moment. Things are balanced as if on a knife’s edge, just waiting for a push either way. You’re headed back to the Town Hall to give your report, and you’re not looking forward to it, although the 10 gold each will help keep you warm and well fed for another day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: City of Broken Dreams: Life's Bazaar

Carelessly soaked, a rather fair-looking young man sits against a wall. His legs sprawling lazily into the street, a passerby might assume that he just collapsed against the wall and fell into unconsciousness. Or just melted with the rain. Into the wall, into Cauldron.

A small coughing fit shakes the consuming dew that cover his body. He's been there a while. Watching.

His fellow "hunters"...probably out trying to find things to report on. He doesn't care about that tonight. He's had his fill of dead ends. He's watched the desperateness and anger glow in the people's eyes and traced that same light back to his own.

He knows better then they do.

Slowly pushing himself to his feet, he trods toward the town hall. Keeping an eye out for the other "hunters." Doesn't want to talk to them alone.
    sign by egobuttz

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Four ghostly lanterns float up the street towards the town hall, preceding the woman walking behind them by some thirty or fourty paces. Tall, blonde and interestingly scarred, she has the appearance of a regimental officer: well oiled chain, a longsword at her hip and a polearm resting on her shoulder. A glint of silver and gold on one gloved finger, a signet ring, suggest that any commission might be the product more of accident of birth than any skill, though the floating lights might say otherwise.

When the lanterns' light reaches the fair young man, they stop in mid-air, allowing their mistress to catch up. She gives him a weary nod.
    "An ill evening, Sodi," Lady Ydresse sighs, "and far too little accomplished since this morning. Have you done any better?"
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

From an alleyway near the townhall a young man steps out of the shadows. The grey cloak he wears is torn and frayed, as are the leggings he has on. His leather are scuffed, and the hilt of the blade at his side is dull and unpolished. Everything about him looks to be worn and aged save for the boy himself, leading one to believe that he had worn them for quite some time, or that they may have been secondhand. His hair, the color of chestnuts, rests unkempt around his head, dripping down over his ears and down the back of his neck. There is a hollow look in his green eyes, the look of one who has seen disappointment and tragedy, far, far too many times. He slouches when he stands and avoids the direct gaze of others, looking as if he doesn't consider himself worthy of their attention. Perhaps that's why he had always found it easy to be ignored.

Stepping out of the shadows he looked around and then fell into place walking along the other two. "I-I haven't found out anything new either... perhaps the others have fared better?"
    Last edited by Taren; 2008-08-28 at 06:24 PM.
    Eventually I'll return. Eventually.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Simply put, she seemed... out of place. As though the city hadn't quite managed to reach her. Even tonight, even in the rain, amidst the crowded and looming buildings, she seems to glow, just a little bit. Her chainmail is pristine, and the shield and large sword slung over her back seem as out of place on the chipper girl as they seem unused. The smaller sword at her hip, or at least it's scabbard, likewise looks brand new.

Around her neck hangs a pendant of beautifully cut purple crystal that glints in the little bits of light the streets have to spare. And on her left arm, a golden bracelet, inset with numerous sapphires. The signet ring on her finger seems ordinary by comparision Her long brown hair is soaked, and clings to her back and neck.

With a soft smile that belies the opulence and, all things considered, arrogance, of her attire, Erica approaches the group.

"No luck? Anyone? Thought not..." She pauses to shake her head and shrug. "They're hurt, you know? The people, I mean. Even the orphanage is being targeted... I'm sure we'll have better luck tomorrow, if we can just get there to ask around. The uproar should have died down a little bit by sunrise, don't you think?"

6. - Top - End - #6

Angelo

Angelo is one of the last to approach the group. Rain streaming off of his cloak, Angelo steps out of the darkness. In the light, it is easier to make out his appearance. His equipment is, by all accounts, simple. Simple chain, a simple mace, a simple shield with the symbol of Pelor painted on, and a simple holy symbol made out of wood. It all comes together in a sort of balance, neither shabby and worn like so many Cauldronites, nor rich and ostentatious. He looks around at the others, telling from their faces that the news wasn't good.

I tried to track down the missing children, but no luck. I'm afraid if we don't find anything soon that the Brotherhood's gonna get tired of waiting around.

Angelo pulls his cloak tighter around him, shivering against the cold.

So has anybody seen Kate? Hope she shows up soon. Too much longer in this rain and we're all like to turn into fish.
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2008-08-28 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Katherine

As the group nears the Town Hall, what appears to be a slim cloaked figure can barely be seen in the darkness ahead; the figure seems to be pacing back and forth. Upon further approach, the figure stops pacing and faces toward the group. As the lights begin to drive the darkness away from the cloaked figure, a familiar voice can be heard - melodious as usual, but ever so slightly subdued.

"Good evening, friends...any new leads?"

Now fully in the light, it is readily apparent that the cloaked figure is indeed Kate. She has her hood up, and her cloak is wrapped loosely around her, its usual bright blue hue darkened by the persistent drizzle. "I take it that's a no?", she adds.

After a brief moment, she continues. "Well, I've heard only a handful of things...might be something, might not. Rumor has it that two of the missing persons used to meet up for drunken all-nighters at the Tipped Tankard; name of Gryffon Malek and Kylscar Endercott. Not sure if that's where they were last seen or not, though. A woman by the name of Jeneer Everdawn...did volunteer work at the orphanage...she's gone..."

Kate pauses again for a moment to keep her composure, and then adds, "Hmm...no apparent connection between those that I can make, other than both places being right across the street from the lake. Then there's this rumor about a magical 'vanishing' disease. I'm not too sure about that one, but maybe the Tankard might be something worth checking out further...at least until we can get to the orphanage."

"Well...any thoughts before we go inside?" She asks as she gestures toward the Hall.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Grunting softly at Ydresse with a shake of his head, Sodi shrugs as he walks besides her, heading toward the Town Hall.

"Watched a failed mugging. Nothing more."

A pause, as everyone begins to approach.

"It's getting dark.", briefly glancing at the ground.

Staying silent as everyone speaks their findings or lack thereof, until Katherine finishes, Sodi watches and listens to each "hunter" as they speak. Respectfully, if nothing else.

Shaking his head once more, Sodi starts toward the doors.

"Maybe we should make something up. They need some good news as much as we do."
    sign by egobuttz

9. - Top - End - #9

Just as you are about to head across the way to the townhall, you hear a dull thud in the night, the sound of a body landing hard on cobblestones, and a muffled cry of pain.

It seems you aren't the only ones out tonight on business.

The sounds seem to have come from the northeast, maybe a street or two from where you are. As you move towards it to try and work out what's happening, you can see two shadowy figures standing over someone lying on the ground. The flicker of a torch light from a nearby window reflects off something in one of the seeming assailants hands, a short metal blade perhaps?

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC) You're all about 60 feet from the fight, and it doesn't seem like the attackers have noticed you. We won't be using battlemats as fights already go long enough in PbP, so roll up initiative and post your actions, along with any relevant rolls. It's raining pretty hard at the moment, so the cobblestones are a little treacherous and ranged weapons are harder to use than in ideal conditions. This means you can't run, a double move or charge will require a balance check (DC 5), and ranged weaponry suffers a -1 penalty to attack.
    You sir, are my hero.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sighing as his hand pauses in mid-air, reaching toward the door, Sodi turns slowly toward the noises, his hand dropping to his side.

"Darker."

Observing the scene with a quick eye, Sodi takes a few steps forward. Keeping his eyes on the figures, he reaches behind him, unholstering the mahogany crossbow that hangs on his pack, and silently loads it.

Sniffing in the air, he waits. Watching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like mythweavers is down right now and I don't have my sheet memorized. Could you just fill in the bonuses? I really need to head off to bed... Init: (1d20)[16]. Load crossbow. Hold action.
    sign by egobuttz

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Ydresse

Her Ladyship swings the glaive off her shoulder and into a ready grip, and the four lanterns speed over to the shadowed figures. She walks quickly towards the now-illuminated assailants and their victim, sketching a glowing pattern in the air with her finger, muttering a few arcane syllables and sending the now blazing rune off towards its target before taking hold of the glaive with her ready hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+6)[13]
    Not an action, as far as I can tell: move dancing lights over to the people fighting.
    Standard action: cast kelgore's firebolt, (1d6)[5] fire damage, Reflex DC 14 for half.
    Move action: move towards the fight.
    Attack of Opportunity, just in case: attack: (1d20+4)[22], damage: (1d10+4)[9]

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The boy looked up at the scene. Just another day in the Cauldron. Nothing worth risking another life over.

Except, at the back of his mind, a voice cried out. This was important, it said. This could be connected. This could be part of why people are disappearing. Looking around, he noticed that the other hunters seemed to have already come to the same conclusion. Removing a short bow from his shoulder, Rilian knocked an arrow, and let it fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoo! First fight of the game! Ok, let's see how lucky I get.
    Initiative Roll: (1d20+3)[18]
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+3)[9]
    Damage: (Assuming I hit) (1d6)[2]

13. - Top - End - #13

Angelo Rinaldi

Let's help this poor soul out before another Cauldron family has to worry about a missing loved one.

Angelo hustles up to the fight, drawing his crossbow. Squinting through the rain, he unleashes a bolt at the assailant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 30' closer to the action.
    Attack: (1d20)[2] minus another 4 if it counts as shooting into CC.
    Damage: (1d8)[4]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

With the others intent on starting a battle already, Erica's choice is clear. She walks forward behind the volley of spells and arrows of her comrades, taking up a protective position in the alleyway in front of them.

The shield comes off her back, and the sword at her hip glints in a bit of spare light as she brings it to her right hand. Steeling herself for battle, her voice rings clearly into the dark streets:

"This is your chance to surrender, now..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 30 ft forward, drawing longsword and shield. End of turn.

Initiative: (1d20)[14]

15. - Top - End - #15

Default Katherine

Katherine opts for a slightly different approach. Keeping her longspear held low for the moment, she moves generally toward the assailants, but slightly off toward the side to stay out of the others' way.

Once Lady Ydresse's ghostly lights make it readily apparent that the scene truly is a mugging in progress, Kate stops for a brief moment to scan the area. She focuses her vision away from the lights as much as possible so that her inborn nightvision can be effective.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[7]

1. Move action - Katherine moves 30', mostly forward and slightly off to either side so she can stay out of way.
    2. Move action - Katherine makes a Spot check to look for any more possible guests to this 'party', focusing on the dark areas (should be plenty of those still...) so that she can use her Darkvision.

Spot: (1d20+8)[25] (that includes 1 virtual Spot rank from Bardic Knack)

16. - Top - End - #16

As you all begin to take action, you see one of the assailants clearly. He has his face made up in the manner of a harlequin, Rilian and Angelo recognise it as the mask of Olidamarra. He then lifts up the head of their victim, and growls at him in common.

Stay away from the orphanage, you got that priest?

Springing into action, Sodi draws a crossbow, training it on one of the assailants and stepping to the side to keep a clear shot. Angelo and Rilian both shoot at the assailants without success, whilst Erica moves forward under their cover fire with her shield and sword at the ready. Angelo, seeing the danger, moves forward with her to lend support. Ydresse fires off a bolt of fire, burning one of the assailants and causing him to cry out in pain, before moving forward to back up Erica. Katherine steps into the shadows and moves forward, taking a moment to search for other dangers before she spots two more on the roof. One of them is dressed like the other thugs in the alley, the other is wearing far better clothing and has a more trained look in the way that they watch the goings on.

Once it becomes obvious that they're under attack, the thug with the harlequin face throws the victim's face down onto the cobblestones, and stands up to his full height, an imposing man. His ally on the street is beating his clothing, trying to put the fire out. The harlequin man points his sword at you all, and almost grunts

You lot should bugger off. This aint none of your business, 'less you want me to dirty my blade...

At this point the thug on the roof jumps down, landing behind them and drawing a sword himself. The other watcher simply continues to observe, and looks towards Katherine, putting a finger to their lips within a cowled hood.

Spoiler
    Show

Sodi - Initiative 27 - 60ft from victim, loaded crossbow ready to go
    Angelo - Initiative 20 - 30ft from victim, unloaded crossbow
    Rilian - Initiative 18 - 60ft from victim, shortbow in hand
    Erica - Initiative 14 - 30ft from victim, longsword and shield ready
    Ydresse - Initiative 13 - 30ft from victim, brandishing her glaive
    Katherine - Initiative 7 - 30ft from victim, in the shadows watching
    Street Thugs 1, 2 and 3 - Initiative 4 - 0ft from victim, ready to attack, Street Thug 2 has taken 5 damage
    Watcher - Initiative 0 - 20ft back from victim on the roof, observing
    Last edited by Rei_Jin; 2008-08-30 at 10:09 PM.
    You sir, are my hero.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sodi's eyes drift upwards, watching the man who seems content to observe, his glare glittering with disdain.

Ugly.

Smirking as the masked man makes his threat, Sodi glides his view back to the ground. Commenting to mostly himself, he aims.

"A man with a sense of irony. I like him."

And fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aiming at the man in the harlequin mask, 5 foot step if needed to get a clear shot.

Attack: (1d20+3)[16]
    Dmg: (1d8)[7]
    Last edited by Amotis; 2008-08-31 at 12:59 AM.
    sign by egobuttz

18. - Top - End - #18

Angelo Rinaldi

Looks like our pal here wasn't alone.

Seeing that the fight has expanded, Angelo prays to Pelor to bless himself and his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting bless. +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saves against fear. 10 rounds remaining.

19. - Top - End - #19

Default Katherine

Upon seeing the finger-to-the-lips gesture, Kate stares intensely at the watcher and shakes her head deliberately. ...No. I am so not taking requests right now...

Katherine whistles back toward Sodi and Rilian while she points her longspear up toward the watcher. Then she moves up to just behind the front line, looking for pportunities to jab at the thugs' legs. While she does so, she also warns the others on the front line. "There's someone else on the roof yet."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move up to 30 feet, staying safely (relatively) behind the front line.
    Standard action: Jab at any thugs within reach of her longspear.

Attack: (1d20+2)[16] (assuming that Angelo's Bless spell goes off)
    Damage: (1d8+1)[4]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Ydresse

If no-one is in melee with the harlequin

Lady Ydresse frees a hand and sketches another pattern in the air, whispering. She finishes the spell by clenching the pattern in the fist and clicking her tongue, sending a dull grey line lancing towards the harlequin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move 10 feet towards the halequin, enough to bring her in range.
    Standard action: Cast ray of enfeeblement, Attack (1d20+4)[15], Penalty (1d6)[3]

If the harlequin is in melee

Lady Ydresse steps forward, lunging out at the harlequin with her glaive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: move to within 10 feet of the harlequin.
    Standard action: attack the harlequin with glaive, Attack (1d20+5)[13], Damage (1d10+4)[5]

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Erica takes a deep breath to steal herself. This is it. Real combat... she can't afford to make a mistake, or be nervous. People now are counting on her to keep her promise, to make everything hurt just a little less.

Her legs tense as she rushes towards the thug who dropped off of the roof, slashing at him with her longsword in a wide arc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging thug... I believe that's 3.

Attack: (+1 Bless, +2 Charge) (1d20+8)[15]

Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

AC drops to 15 for one round.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Rilian sighed. He knew he could aim better than that! Narrowing his eyes, he knocked another arrow and let it fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking the same guy I shot at last time.
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage (Assuming I hit) [roll1]
    Sorry to keep it so short, but I'm exhausted right now[/roll]
    Last edited by Taren; 2008-09-01 at 11:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Sodi fires at the harlequin, hitting him in the chest causing him to cry out in pain, whilst Angelo calls down the blessings of Pelor upon the warriors. Rilian fires and misses again, cursing the rain for his poor aim. Erica runs forward, slicing at the newcomer and catching him off-guard with his blood flowing now from an open wound at the wrist, his left hand near useless. Ydresse takes the opportunity to try and take down the supposed leader, piercing his chest a second time and obviously dealing him a great wound, his chest making sucking noises as he struggles to breathe. Katherine moves forward and finishes him off, her spear piercing his side under the arm as he slashes at her, going down in a pool of his own blood.

The two remaining thugs go pale, drop their swords and run. The thug from the roof cries back "This wasn't supposed to be part of the deal" as he hotfoots it down the alley.

The watcher stands up, and throws back her cloak in a showy fashion, revealing another harlequin mask. She salutes the hunters, and calls out to them.

Well done! But know this, the priest lives because we will it, not because of your meddling. We will meet again!

With that she turns and runs across the roof, disappearing from sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sodi - Initiative 27 - Blessed, 60ft from victim, loaded crossbow ready to go (I'm going to assume you reload it)
    Angelo - Initiative 20 - Blessed, 30ft from victim, loaded crossbow ready to go (I'm going to assume you reload it)
    Rilian - Initiative 18 - Blessed, 60ft from victim, shortbow in hand
    Erica - Initiative 14 - Blessed, 0ft from victim, longsword and shield ready, adjacant to Street Thug 1
    Ydresse - Initiative 13 - Blessed, 5ft from victim, brandishing her glaive, adjacant to Street Thug 1
    Katherine - Initiative 7 - Blessed, 5ft from victim, adjacant to Street Thug 1
    Street Thug 1 - Initiative 4 - 0ft from victim, Street Thug 1 has taken 16 damage and is lying on the ground unconscious
    Street Thugs 2 and 3 - Initiative 4 - 60ft from victim, Street Thug 2 has taken 5 damage, Street Thug 3 has taken 4 damage, full withdrawal action from combat
    Watcher - Initiative 0 - Has disappeared from the battle
    Last edited by Rei_Jin; 2008-09-02 at 08:24 PM.
    You sir, are my hero.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Sodi moves forward, hooking his crossbow unto his pack as he does, and giving a quick glance toward the running thugs, kneels next to the man in the mask.

Taking a deep breath, he looks at the priest. Calmly. His mouth a thin concentrated line. Blinking, Sodi gives a slow nod and turns back to the body before him.

He reaches down slowly, pulling the mask off the man.

"Evenin'.", he says to unconscious figure.

Checking the pulse, he looks toward the other hunters.

"Angelo. Come here please. And rope. Someone bring rope."
    sign by egobuttz

25. - Top - End - #25

The priest is alive, but pretty badly beaten up. No open wounds, but he'll be sore tomorrow. He has a holy symbol around his neck, marking him as a priest of St Cuthbert.

The thug seems to be still alive, although barely, the wound on his chest sucking in and out, and a dribble of blood on his lips. The mask itself is made of papier mache and waterproofed with wax. Not exactly high quality, but designed to be used and discarded when necessary.

The rain continues to pour, helping to wash away the evidence of the fight.
    You sir, are my hero.

26. - Top - End - #26

Angelo Rinaldi

Angelo hustles over to the thug, grabbing a coil of rope out of his pack as he goes and tossing it to Rilian.

Rilian, be ready with that rope. We don't need this guy running away as soon as he comes to.

The cleric kneels down beside the thug and, laying hands on him, begins to incant a short prayer of healing. Golden light flows from his hands, mending the thug's wounds and stabilizing his condition.

Okay Rilian, secure the prisoner. Looks like we've finally got something to report tonight.

Moving over to the priest, Angelo repeats the ritual.

It's okay holy man, you're safe now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting cure light wounds on the thug and priest.
    Thug: (1d8+4)[10]
    Priest: (1d8+4)[7]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

As Angelo motions over the masked man, Sodi positions himself just over his head, looking into his eyes. So his inverted face gazing down at him would be the first thing he saw when he came to.

A small smirk. Clears his throat.

"So what does Olidamarra have his hands in tonight?"

Sodi's necklace, a pendent of Wee Jas, dangles closer to the man's face that probably is comfortable.
    Last edited by Amotis; 2008-09-03 at 12:17 AM.
    sign by egobuttz

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Ydresse

Her Ladyship murmurs a spell, circling a hand over the blade of her glaive. The harlequin's blood disappears, leaving the weapon as clean and fresh as the day she first held it. She moves to stand near the fallen harlequin with Sodi and Angelo, her glaive at the ready. She twitches a finger casually, and the harlequin's black-white mask turns a uniform, dull grey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using prestidigitation, if it wasn't obvious.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Default Katherine

At the moment her spear strikes, an ill feeling washes over Katherine, and does not completely subside until she knows that the thug is likely to live. Though the man probably had it coming to him, this was nevertheless the first time for the young woman to inflict bodily harm on anyone. That her spear struck in a much more lethal area than for which she was aiming made it a bit more difficult to deal with.

Kate hides her momentary discomfort by hastily gathering the dropped blades. Seeing that the priest is being tended to by Angelo, Kate takes a few moments to see if anyone else might be approaching before finally settling down next to the priest.
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2008-09-03 at 06:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Rilian dutifully takes the rope and ties the thug up without a word. Once this is done, Angelo touches him and with a burst of energy, his wounds close up, leaving bruising and a few scratches. He breathes in sharply, and coughs, opening his eyes to see a Holy Symbol of Wee Jas in front of him before panicking and screaming at the top of his lungs.

Once Angelo heals the priest, he opens his eyes with a groan, and looks around.

You... you came to my rescue. St Cuthbert bless you...

He goes to sit up, but slumps back again suddenly, overwhelmed by the ordeal.

I think I need to rest. I... hate to ask, but can you take me to the temple? Jenya will be worried about me...
    You sir, are my hero.