New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: [Exalted 2nd Ed] - Extraordinary Wanderings

Sliding backwards in surprise at the appearance of one of the dealthlord's soldiers, Jade's eyes widen as Syan parries the arrow with a flicker of essence. Grinning widely, he prepares to engage their foes.

Join Battle: 2 Successes

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry, been awhile since I ST'ed a game. The Abyssal is 20 yards away (still atop the Battle Snake), while the undead are about 10 or less yards, in a tight half circle in front of the Abyssal. There are 8 such soldiers total. They are decently equipped, with medium armor and spears or swords.

Order:

1.EvilDMMk3
    2.The Demented One
    3.Akimbo
    4.Abyssal
    5.Syan
    6.Malek
    7.SeraphKast
    8.Rockbird
    9.Undead

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Alabaster plunges towards the skeletons, seemingly leaving after images. When he reaches the line of skeletons (I move 4 (My Dexterity) yards per tick so this is 2 or 3 ticks of movement) he jumps straight up in the air with his after images flowing around him to form thin sheath of light, he seems to hang in mid air for a second before his claws shoot out. He comes straight down on the lead skeleton, striking at it. As his blow lands rings of light, like ripples in a pond, flow out to 10ft.

Use RIPPLES ON A GOLDEN POND combo.
    3x1ST MARTIAL ARTS EXELENCY
    RIPPLING WATER STRIKE
    FLOWING WATER DEFENSE

6 motes total.

Attack result:13 successes. (Before any stunt dice) Speed:4 ticks, now on tick 5 (attacked after reflexive move 2).

Flowing water defense come on last. My attacks for 3 actions are at -1, all attacks against me are at -3.

P 7/16 Pp 32/32 (38) WP 6/7
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-04 at 02:51 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Griffon

The fat man aims his bow at the enemies. Behind him a giant Blue Bear of Essence rears up and points claws that made of crossbows at the advancing creatures.

As he fires his bow so too does the Bear behind him, the arrows glowing brightly as the leap to his foes.

(Uses Wall of Arrows Combo, base damage of each arrow is 19 Aggravated, 12 successes. Attack is applied to all targets. Spending 1wp and 21 Peripheral Essence, displaying Anima behind him, Obvious Charm.)
    Last edited by Akimbo; 2008-09-03 at 03:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

With perfect calmness, Fei Long begins to walk towards the nearest zombie - but walking faster than most mortals could run, his calm stride rapidly covering the space between them. As he comes up on the shambling undead, and wheels around, twisting his daiklave in a widening gyre of starmetal sharpness, the blade moving with speed not to be expected of a humble diplomat, the blows landing in a perfect harmony.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Moving towards the nearest zombie that no one else has engaged. Fei Long can move 4 yards a round, so should take two or three ticks.

Attack with a reaper daiklave, using the Harmony of Blows to make three attacks without taking multiple action penalties.

Attack 1: 8 successes
    Attack 2: 9 successes
    Attack 3: 8 successes

Rolls, no stunt die.

8 motes spent.

-1 DV, Speed 4
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilDMMk3: That attack hits, it also hits for four others with Rippling Water Strike's effect. With the extra success from the Stunt, you have 11 extra successes for raw damage. Primary target is soak 7L, soak for the other 4 ignores armor, so 1L.

Akimbo: That attack hits all the undead (including the Battle Snake), the Abyssal has dodged it (description of the NPC reactions will have to wait until we've sorted everything else out.) With the two extra successes from the Stunt Die, 11 extra successes on the undead, 10 for the Battle Snake. Soak minus the natural soak is 8L for the snake, 6L for the undead.

The Demented One: All attacks hit. With the Stunt Die added in, first exceeds by 6 successes, second by 7 successes, third by 7 successes (onslaught penalties, eh?). Lethal soak is 7L again.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

OK 11+8-7=12 (12d10)[5][5][10][3][8][2][7][10][9][4][7][7](77)
    GNU Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

7 damage -1 soak = 6 damage.

Skelly 1 (6d10)[4][2][2][7][10][8](33) 3 successes
    Skelly 2 (6d10)[6][7][5][10][2][8](38) 3 successes
    Skelly 3 (6d10)[8][7][6][4][4][2](31) 2 successes
    Skelly 4 (6d10)[1][8][10][4][2][7](32) 3 successes

7 levels of lethal damage on the lead skeleton.
    3 levels of bashing damage on 3 of the other skeletons.
    2 levels of bashing damage on 1 of the other skeletons.
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2008-09-04 at 03:20 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1 Raw Damage: 13 successes
    Attack 2 Raw Damage: 7 successes
    Attack 3 Raw Damage: 7 successes

Dice rolls
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-09-04 at 04:16 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Griffon

Spoiler
    Show
    Raw damage of 21 for the Snake, 24 each undead. Rolled in rolling thread:

9 damage levels of aggravated for the Battle snake. 10 for each undead. (Surely that kills them all right? I didn't burn my essence and Willpower for nothing here did I?).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

The attack catches the enemy group completely off guard. Alabaster's attack hits the middle of the formation at the same time as Fei Long attacks a separate target. It disintegrates the center zombie in a golden flash, and the golden waves of essence knock the other's off guard before they are destroyed by a hail of well aimed arrows to their skulls. Fei Long's first attack rips open the armor of his target as if it was paper, and the second attack halves it diagonally. A single arrow pierces deeply into the Battle Snake, bone fracturing and crumbling, chains snapping, but it continues on. The Abyssal is hit squarely in the torso, with such force that it goes neatly through her body. She takes a step back, faltering for a moment, and then the wound closes instantly as if time had reversed.

She jumps off the snake, letting it sink into the ground using whatever sorcery let it do so in the first place. While in mid-air, she draws back her bow and fires one arrow. In mid air, the arrow turns transparent, almost invisible. As it flies, you can hear a faint sound, as if someone sighed or exhaled lightly. It reappears just as it is about to hit Alabaster's chest.

Spoiler
    Show

This attack is a perfect, and it ignores all armor (natural soak applies). If you don't have any perfect defenses, it deals 4 health levels of damage. Additionally, it will deal 4L damage each time you act on your tick (again ignoring soak).

Oh, and the Abyssal has gone from 20 to 27 yards away from the starting point of everyone, and is also 6 yards in the air. This puts her 17 yards away from EvilDMMk3 and The Demented One as they moved 10 yards forward to hit the zombies.

Syan is nowhere to be found, apparently having gone off to one of the wagons.

Tick Count:
    4: Malek, Rockbird, Seraphkast
    5:EvilDMMk3, The Demented One
    6:Syan
    8: Abyssal

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

- I wonder if they'll leave anything for me... - Cynis started to close on the abyssal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will take an guard action and move on ticks 4, 5, 6 and again guard and move on tick 7. Then guard will be aorted on tick 8 so I will act again then (should be 11 yards away from her on that tick if I count right)

Tick Count:
    4: Rockbird, Seraphkast
    5: EvilDMMk3, The Demented One, Akimbo
    6: Syan
    8: Abyssal, Malek
    Last edited by Malek; 2008-09-16 at 06:49 PM.
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How long 'til i get back from getting me armor?

We surpass the impossible and kick reason in the curb, because that's the way of the Dai Gurren-Dan!
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?