New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Vega South Campaign

Spoiler
    Show
    Does it look like I might have enough time to use Wild Empathy to keep this from becoming a situation? That's Kenner's first inclination.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Meta-game senses tend to tingle when a situation has a Druid, an Animal, and a game term like "hostile" are thrown in together. The check takes 1 minute to complete, but a single check in the first round, if high enough, is enough to "get their attention" (this also applies to diplomacy). Basically, in one round you know whether or not you will be successful. It is splitting hairs in this scenerio, but there are cases were time is a factor. Also, you can only wild empathy one animal at a time, especially if they are hostile towards each other.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Kurth's turn is still a while off, but I'll declare it now as it's pretty simple. Unless Kenner calls for us to hold off because he thinks he can defuse the situation, or the lioness is dead before my turn...

Kurth charges at the lioness and swings his mighty greataxe.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[13] to hit, (1d12+1)[4] damage if successful. If there's enough room for an actual Charge, I do so, adding +2 to the attack roll above (and taking the -2 AC penalty); if there's no room/path, I just move into position and take a normal attack.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, 'bout the delay. As for combat, you can pretty much count Aetheas out of doing most of the damage dealing, and sticking relativity near the center of a group when traveling, though out of the way during combat. Should this be a high number please disregard until next round.
    (1d20+1)[21]
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Palin pulls his whip off his belt at first sign of the lioness, observing its every movement, taking it all in. He unfurls the whip, readying it and hoping to avoid a scuffle. Seeing Kurth charge the lioness, he yells at him to stop. Failing that, he uses his whip to try to yank his axe out of his hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I'm assuming that the lioness isn't attacking, and is just wary and angry. If she is attacking, Palin uses the whip to try to trip her. Roll for disarm (1d20+3)[20](note, Palin only tries to disarm Kurth if he doesn't stop when he tells him to.)
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Palin's before Kurth anyways, so I'll take his indication to stop even if Kenner doesn't tell him to.

Kurth stops short of actually charging at the lioness when he hears Palin tell him to wait. You can tell he's itching to fight though, and he grumbles under his breath. "This is a predator, why are we standing here?"

7. - Top - End - #127

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless I am mistaken, wild empathy is level + cha for Druids. So here's Kenner's check: (1d20+3)[4]

Kenner's attempt at calming the hungry lioness down is greatly hampered by his ceremonial meat costume. The ferocious and hungry predator assumes a combat position against the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now you guys can charge into melee.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-09-17 at 12:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ugh. Sorry for my delay. Busy afternoon and evening and morning today.
    I'm guessing that failed, but it was my action to try anyway, so I guess the combat will begin in ernest and we will all be food for the pouncing lioness!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Venderholfen
    HP: 12 (Rage 14) AC: 16 (Rage 14) SP: 40ft
    Rage turn: Not Started (8/8 remain.)
    Fort: +2, Ref +3, Will +1 (+3 in Rage)
    Initiative - 21

Seeing the Lioness as the most active threat, Venderholfen lifts his axe, and bellowing his rage, he charges headlong, axe at the ready, then swinging for a powerful two handed chop!

Attack - (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage - (1d12+7)[8]

(OOC: ....that misses...)
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2008-09-17 at 02:22 PM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Palin sighs, hoping it wouldn't come to this. Oh well. He unwraps his sword and then tries to yank the lioness off balance with his whip.
    Spoiler
    Show
    trip attack: (1d20+1)[4]
    well, that didn't work.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-09-17 at 05:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler
    Show
    The dice rolling aspect of this forum trully loathes you guys. It doesn't even seem statistically possible for that many low rolls. Watch the lioness gets a natural 20 on all of her attacks...

I'm running a little late with my school work, so it may be a bit before I can reply again. Don't worry about posting your turns in order, I'll handle that later. The lioness is going to full attack the nearest combatant to her, which appears to be Venderholfen. If Kurth also runs up to the front, and actually hits her, she will target him. Otherwise, it will be a coin toss to who she attacks for all 3 of her attacks.

(1d2)[1] Bite: (1d20+6)[23] Damage:(1d6+3)[7]
    (1d2)[1] Claw1: (1d20+1)[15] Damage:(1d3+1)[3]
    (1d2)[1] Claw2: (1d20+1)[9] Damage:(1d3+1)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Lion goes before I ever do, so I assume the lion does not attack me, as I haven't attacked it yet. So I *do* attack the lion, since Palin didn't actually tell me not to after all. Do you want me to make a new roll, or just use the one from earlier? And is there a path (and distance) at this point for me to charge or not?

13. - Top - End - #133

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure. Ok. If you like the old roll, you can keep it. The lioness attacked Ven for all attacks anyway. There is enough room to charge, and the distance is less than twice your move speed.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take a new roll if it's available. :)

Kurth charges at the lioness arcing his axe in a mighty blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[18], Damage: (1d12+1)[8]. -2 to AC for the round.

15. - Top - End - #135

Spoiler
    Show
    I think there are a few who have not posted their actions. Otherwise, it is the same pattern as last for the lioness.

(1d2)[2] Bite: (1d20+6)[9] Damage:(1d6+3)[5]
    (1d2)[1] Claw1: [roll]1d20+1[/roll] Damage:(1d3+1)[4]
    (1d2)[1] Claw2: [roll]1d20+1[/roll] Damage:(1d3+1)[3]

Edit. I messed up with the last two attack rolls and did them by hand. They both miss. The bite is an attack against Kurth, who is still considered having charged.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-09-21 at 04:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Spoiler
    Show
    I seem to have lost player interest. This fight can be concluded immediately in an effort to jump-start the campaign. Just post a reply that states you are still in the campaign guys.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. Been nasty-busy! I'm around! I'll try and get an IC post this morning, but it may be the afternoon!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still here, was just waiting for my turn to come around again. Or maybe it is my turn and I just got confused... (let me know if it's the latter...)

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show
    Being noncombat oriented, I'm just waiting for someone to become fatally injured.
    I've also requested, no matter the roll I went last so I'm waiting.
    Characters:

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, been a bit preoccupied of late. Trying to pull it all together. So...did the Lioness reduce me to 4hp? or no?
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

21. - Top - End - #141

Spoiler
    Show
    In general, actions may be stated out of order, and can even be specified for several turns to come. I will always give the party the benefit of the doubt in such matters, so the worst thing that will happen to someone who specified actions without knowing what happened next is the him flanking without realizing he was doing so.

Don't worry about personal issues. I had no idea my last semester was going to be this hard, and it knocked me on my ass. So I'd be a hypocrite to wail on you guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't loosing people.

ZaneLaCoix: You're cool. If you could launch a bullet from a sling or describe the flowers every so often it would be better, but no worries.

Seff: You were indeed reduced to 4 HP by the Lioness in the beginning of the second round. Everyone still has their second action before Kurth takes the damage from the Lioness' second set of attacks.

I really apologize for dropping the ball a bit. I will be completely caught up by this weekend, and I may even have a site up and running.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry bout not posting and such.... I honestly did lose a bit of interest, due to things being a bit slow, and at the same time a slightly mundane battle...

23. - Top - End - #143

Spoiler
    Show
    This needs to take a break until the weekend. The fight was won (the lioness had very little HP and was going to flee) so there will be XP for all. The spiders continued on their path towards a large section of forest oddly without shrubbery, but covered in webs.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After the fight with the lioness, Kurth binds his wounds and continues to follow the trail of spiders. Once entering the webbed clearing, he shows noticable apprehension at the surrounding deforestation. "Something is very wrong here..."

25. - Top - End - #145

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[6](11) Survival to try and discern reasoning.

Further, as the local field medic can I have a report as to the visible conditions to each character? Being a PC, I clearly cannot tell everyone's HP, but like "unwounded", "healthy", "wounded", "near death", etc. might fulfill that little gap in accessible knowledge by character

[Aetheas]

After the rather strange, albeit, anti-climatic battle against nature herself, Aetheas went around inspecting all whom were within the battle, or near the zone itself. Then there was this open spot in the middle of the woods. "Quite true. I don't think that this is... Natural, if you excuse the pun."
    Characters:

26. - Top - End - #146

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it'd be more of a knowledge nature check than survival, but the DC would be low enough that it doesn't matter. Between the foliage of rather wide trees (which are presumably really tall) and the spider webs, very little sun light makes it's way to the forest floor. Thus no brush growth. For funsies let us say that the webs are spherical instead of planar, so the whole thing looks like a giant Black Widow's den.

The survival check was not in vain. Tracks leading towards it suggest that an enourmous oak several yards away is a main nest for the spiders. The tracks lead inside, so it is likely hollow. It is likely too dangerous to get near it, and not realizing this would have been dangerous. Or led to a comical chase scene remaniscent of a scooby doo cartoon.

I will have a real post up sometime tomorrow. Can I get links to everyone's character sheet? Some of you have it in your sig, which is much appreciated, but I lost my page with it all listed. If you guys could throw a link in your next post, I would really be greatful. Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't sure if it'd do the job, but knew it'd do something with a half-decent roll.

~points to signature~
    Click on Vega South for mine. I try to keep that updated as per the campaign I've joined with name connected to character(s).

[Aetheas]

Stopping rather abruptly from the realization, he calls out the group. "I'd suggest not getting closer. High probability of there being a nest within that tree, careful." Despite it all, he'd keep distanced from the edge of it, though just within visible range.
    Characters:

28. - Top - End - #148

The forest is quiet as the little spiderlings scurry up the trees. A light breeze howls through the webs, and something seems very odd. Without warning a massive figure comes charging out. He looks to be a strong ogre, worse for wear unfortunatly. He runs straight for the party with a look of panic that sends shivers down your spine. He makes it a few yards before strands of web surround him, and a small horde of spiders quickly cover him in sticky webs. His screams reverberate against the silence. The last sounds are his muffled cries as the spider squad returns to the tree tops with their freshly netted catch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a spot check.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2008-09-27 at 09:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[5] ...Kurth is struck blind by his fear of the teeny spiders
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-09-27 at 09:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. I don't think I was clear. The little spiders you were following that went up the tress are not the same spiders that took the ogre. Those guys were enormous. As in what you are hoping to hunt down enormous. Sorry for the confusion.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show