Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default In Slumber Gods have Dwelt (IC)

Prologue
    Spoiler
    Show
    [/I]“You dare to challenge me child?” The voice gurgled from the depths of the dark pool. Kahl had come here to destroy the evil, to send it away forever. But how could he stop something this powerful?

“You came here, thinking you could destroy me but you can’t can you?” the voice goaded before continuing, “I made you, and a creation won’t destroy its maker. You’d die if you did.” For the first time the voice seemed to have a form, something writhing began to appear bubbling to the surface of the black pool. It was a humanoid thing with tentacles and claws; thousands upon thousands of open maws that whispered and echoed each word. Reaching out towards Kahl it whispered, “Don’t you want to just give up? You could join me you know. We could be like father and son, ruling together.” As it delivered that revelation to Kahl to stood like a statue with fear a great eye opened within the creatures largest mouth.

“I won’t join you. I’m not like you, you didn’t make me,” Kahl stuttered, “You destroyed my life. You killed the only person who ever loved me.”

“You mean my traitorous brother? He didn’t love you, he used you,” the voice revealed, “He would have turned on you at a moments notice. He only needed you to destroy me. But you can’t do that because you’ve already failed.” A chilling laugh filled the room echoing from the thousands of maws with flailing tentacles and claws. “Come to me my child,” the monstrous beast called to him.

Kahl had been waiting for this; he knew the Forbidden One wouldn’t kill him without playing and crushing his mind first. Kahl obeyed slowly walking towards the mass of undulating flesh. But as he drew forward he saw the body of a god fallen. It was his ‘father’ the one the Forbidden One called a traitor and a betrayer. The corpse lay there broken and dead no, wait, dying. A trace of life was still in him.

Kahl let all trace of command go from him and raced to his fallen loved one. Crying over the body the Forbidden One laughed. “You ones who love are pathetic. You don’t understand that power is only for those who take it.”

But while the Forbidden One had shared that dreadful advice the Betrayer had whispered his own wisdom with his dying breath, “I loved you, don’t listen to what he says. Take your inheritance, my blade, my love will always be with you.” And he slipped away into death.

Over come with rage and anger Kahl took the blade and without thinking drove it into the Forbidden One’s great eye. The Forbidden One screamed in agony and lashed out with the full power of Greater God. Kahl fell to the ground bleeding, impaled upon a stalagmite. He lay there coughing his last breaths. Surrounded by corpses of gods who had defied or stood against the Forbidden One and had felt the brunt of his wrath. Just thinking of the gods that had been imprisoned instead was agony. For they would never be released, not one would have the power to do it by themselves. And they would slip away from the world until they were vestiges of their former selves; fragments of a forgotten age.
    He pitied them and yet he was envious for they would still live. Immortality had taught him that death was nothing, for he could never die. Yet now he lay there dying and the fear in his heart was something more then he could bear but then he remembered. “Love is strength. No one loved The Forbidden One and so he became cold and dark. That is why he craves dominion because no one will submit to him by free will, he must make them.” He did not know where the words had come from but they were special. They were something important.

An idea came to him, forming in his dying mind. If one could love someone could they not will them to die with them? If all the love was focused upon him, for Kahl would be the only one to have ever loved him, would he not be able to silence the Forbidden One with him? With that though in his mind, he let his love become focused upon the Forbidden One and as Kahl died he Forbidden One shrieked in agony and was silenced.

It was not death that had been granted, it was the slumber of eternal sleep.[/I]

You awoke; somewhere along the line at least you awoke. You feel freed as if from the constraining bonds that were fixed upon you by the world or the Forbidden One. But you aren’t, you’re still bound and still stuck. But you can reach out now; you can feel another mind that you can touch, one akin to you. All it would take is a touch, a glimmer to change them, and that is within your power.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-08-21 at 10:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: In Slumber Gods have Dwelt (IC)

Twenty Miles North of Oakbend, Fifteen years ago

A quite farm of Flamestead sat on the side of a semi-active volcano. The farm had prospered greatly from the volcano's ash fertalizer, and some of the farmers had even become accomplished blacksmiths and engineers, thanks in part to the volcano. This small, quite place full of simple people is where Fiona Ignite was born, and raised. The peak of the volcano was a nice place to get some peace and quite, away from all the boys always trying to get her to marry them. Fiona would go to the lip of the volcano and look into the lava below, feeling the waves of heat raise up and hit her. It always felt like a hug to her, it always made her feel good. If this could last forever, she would have been happy.

Things never last forever. The past always catches up with you. Enigma knows this, Enigma knows all.

Thousands of years before Flamestead

Enigma looked upon the world, the Forbidden One was entrapping the Gods, one by one. Their power joining his. Then his power was almost taken from him, but only slumber given. Enigma knew this was the only way. He looked to the world, now void of Gods. He could be the only one, the one God. He could rule them all, this was not his way. The Burning Question looked to the world, destroyed. For there to be Gods, there must be a Question. Questions lead to more question, and those question lead to Forbidden knowledge. Anything forbidden would bring back....

"Him."

Enigma looked to the world, he would have to seal his power away as well. The other Gods would find their way out and this would bring even more out. People would start to question what Gods were, and this would lead to more questioning. This was not to be. Enigma found a place, a mountain.

"Burning Prison."

Enigma placed himself in a locked cage, a place of burning chains that began to tear at his skin. He looked to the world, and the mountain erupted. His tears spreading upon the world. He would not look again, if anything way eternal. Enigma knew it was not.

Ten Years Ago at Flamestead Volcano, Fiona

Fiona was comforting herself at the Volcano's edge, weeping. She had been given a command, after five years of waiting she was given a command by her own father. It was completely unreasonable. Her tears were streaming down her cheeks and into her hands. Sorrow consumed her, pity and sorrow. She felt sorrow for the free spirit of herself that she would lose from the marriage, and pity for her future self, who would have no freedom. Fate would not make this future self hers. She had another destiny, as she wept a tear fell to the lava below, and another and another. A single question impregnated in the tears of the sorrow-filled woman.

"Why?"

Ten Years ago in the Burning Prison, Enigma

Flames licked the body of Enigma as he sat in his prison, chains rattled as they began to tighten.

"Why?"

The chains raked across his flesh, his body erupting in pain. The lava began to raise around him. He would be released in the world if he allowed the pain to continue. His blood would fill his prison and need release.

"Why?"

There it was again. The pain was not bearable, not only the raking chains, but the destruction the lava would wreck on the world. Enigma began to cry, this hastened the lava raising.

"Why?"

Enigma roared as the pain, trying to feel rage to extinguish the tears. This was in vain, he had given all his rage to create the world. He could feel nothing but pain and sorrow now. Pity was even beyond him.

"Why?"

The Burning Question could not be held back. Lava now filled the prison. It would release. Damned be the world.

Ten Years Ago at Flamestead Volcano, Fiona

Fiona was so consumed by her own self-pity that she did not notice the lava raise, and suddenly as she noticed it. It was too late. The lava started to burn her, consume her form, inch by inch. Fate had decreed her dead.

"Do not die. Be born as my speaker. Fiona Twice-Born."

Fiona didn't understand, but as the lava consumed her flesh she slowly consumed it back. She became one with the powers of fire. Her questions answered. She felt the power of a God in her body, she didn't have blood anymore, she had divine might. She then knew her patron.

"Enigma. I will be born!"

Erupting as a Giant Firebird she flew around the village saving as many of the people there as possible. She was the speaker of Enigma, Fiona Twice-Born.

Present day in the Burning Prison, Fiona and Enigma

"They are awakening. I dare not look."

"I know, father. I know they are. I will try to stop it, but there is no way I can stop it all. Please, father. Tell me now to release you so you can stop them from this self destruction!"

"No."

"Why?"

The prison rumbled and the lava rose. Enigma glared at his speaker.

"No."

Fiona left to the world. Remembering that Enigma did save her from both death and worse. She smiled to herself, Enigma's power would save them all.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

A wisp of moving air. A breeze.
    Can it be?
    A bluster. A short burst of energy. An experimental sweep of will, manifested as moving air.
    Am I back?
    A wall. A round, smooth, stone shell.
    NO! I CAN'T BE CONTAINED!! I WON'T BE TRAPPED!!
    A tornado rages, a storm flails, and a cyclone shreds against the adamant stone. But the stone will not shift or crumble or even change. It remains strong. Bloody and beaten, Kimeir slides down against the stone bowl, bloody and panting.
    I am... imprisoned...
    He falls down to the center of the bowl, sobbing. There was no victory in being imprisoned. But then... a whisper...
    Kimeir pushed with all his will, every ounce of his godly power, at the stone, though it, trying to find free air, open air. After a full minute, he felt the smallest amount of air. He embraced it, relished it, used it to feel and breathe and move. He brushed the dirt, a leaf, a blade of grass, and a stone, but he could not summon the strength to change anything, to move anything, not even the smallest grain of sand.
    What can I do? What can I change? I need to affect something, or even this freedom will be worthless... what can I...
    He paused, smiling to himself even as he bled and gasped for air. He knew what he could change. Something with no weight, no mass, but infinite power and infinite possibilities. He moved his wisp of air, barely a breath, zipping through the air and looking for what he needed.
    Too simple. No imagination. This one's bound to the earth and his farm. This one only wants to change the outfits she wears. This one is is smart, but set in his ways. Wait... here we go... agile mind, thirst for knowledge, the curiosity to try new things, eat new foods, meet new people. Yes... this will do.
    The wisp of air slid into the man's ear, carrying a few small words.
    Hey there friend. How would you like to have a new life, a life devoted to experiencing, changing, spreading the word to the whole world that it is a time for change? You'd have help, of course, as long as you were willing to be friends with a chummy god like me. Whadya say, pal?
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

A lone man walked the path along the mountainside. The wind cut at his figure, and the cold chilled his skin. But on the inside he was alive. His purpose merely to travel. Then the winds of fate changed direction...

Hey there friend. How would you like to have a new life, a life devoted to experiencing, changing, spreading the word to the whole world that it is a time for change? You'd have help, of course, as long as you were willing to be friends with a chummy god like me. Whadya say, pal?

Ardaugh was a wanderer. A traveler without purpose only the desire to see the world. He had set out not long ago it seemed, keeping everything he had to his name with him on his travels, and now, among all the wonder of his experiences it seemed he was being called by something.

"My life's been fine as it is so far, mate, but what do you recommend?"

Something was different, but it felt right. The feeling kept Ardaugh calm, even though he realized something was unusual, he just couldn't seem to find the care to place the feeling.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

5. - Top - End - #5

Irina woke as she normally did the past week. Drenched in sweat. There was no subtlety to waking - no, the second her eyes fearfully shot open, she was sitting up. Every time she slept, she dreamed - but lately, the dreams were getting worse. Things about them were warped and out of place. She checked her stomach to make sure it was still there, as in the dream world it was not, and slowly pulled herself out of bed. Somehow, she knew something was wrong. Something was out of place - but sitting around in her room above the tavern would not fix anything. She put her dress on and slowly peeled the curtains open to see what it was like outside.

Very early morning. With that, she closed the curtains, slipped out of her room and made her way out of that tavern. The streets were quiet as they should be - nobody should be awake this early. With that, Irina started out of the town - towards the forests. She needed something to do rather than dwell on the thoughts that have plagued her as of late. These little nightmares would far from ruin her life, but they did... disorient her. The days activities would remain the same.

A small lake. It had always been one of her favorite places to visit. A small peninsula was at the heart of the lake, with a large rock one could sit on. That was exactly where she would be heading. She became sidetracked as she found some frogs. As she approached, they sprung away with powerful leaps. Irina smiled and shot a glance around - nobody. Nobody was awake, nobody was with her, and nobody would laugh at her for what she would do. That made her happy. With no further wait, she got on her hands and feet and began jumping around like a frog, only traveling pathetic distances with every leap.

She sprang forward. Leap after leap, pretending to be a frog was fun. In her fun, she didn't notice that she was leaping faster than she could run. Once she aimed to jump as high as she could, she did, however, notice that she jumped as high as some of the trees. "Huh?" When she tried to stand upright, she immediately fell on her face in the grass - her legs had transformed into something inhuman. Gigantic frog legs. "What?" She began to panic. This wasn't a dream. It was very real. An impossibility. Slowly she recovered, and rather than attempting to use human functions, hopped over to the rock, where she perched atop it.

She looked in every direction. The girl figured there was only one possibility. "Who are you, and why is this happening?" she spoke to the world, demanding an explanation. She did not know what it was, who it was, or even why it was - but demanded information of it nonetheless.

A whisper trickles into her thoughts, at first quiet as distant footsteps, but quickly gaining volume. "I am awake..." The voice was sick, dark, and echoing, but after its pause its tone changes to one almost like a parent talking to a baby. "I have been sleeping for a VERY long time. I have been ALONE, just as you have, waiting for you."

Irina froze. She was petrified. Quickly she shot glances all around - she could not see it, but it was there. She could not run, but had to escape. Conquering this fear, she stood atop that rock - unconscious of the powers that be, her legs had returned to that which they should be. She ran. She turned towards the entrance of that lake and tried as hard as she could to run - but her body did not respond to her commands. She walked, twitching - and in one movement she could not comprehend, her arm had transformed into a long, bladed tentacle. In one sweep, it sliced her head from her body.

Her head tumbled from her shoulders to the ground. In the last couple seconds of her life, she looked up at her twitching body as it crumbled onto the grassy ground. Her blood had sprayed everywhere, painting the world red. Irina's eyes closed, as she accepted the truth - she was dead. She had been killed, and she would never know her attacker. Unfortunately, this was not the end. She felt her body being shredded and eaten by countless teeth. She opened her eyes, as nothing more than a severed head. Her body was stabbed through by countless bone-like spikes.

Irina's head slowly crawled towards that rock she was perched on before. As her head lay next to that stone, she could only hear her body still being shreded. Tears rolled down her cheeks and joined the bloody trail she left behind as her head had moved. Her body disappeared, as the spikes and tentacles had completed devouring her body. Only one thing was left. A large spike stabbed through her head, impaling her at her own normal height. She began to imagine. Imagine that she was whole again and that she was not killed.

She brought her hand to her head. She had a terrible headache - wait, her hands were devoured. She shot a glance down at herself - she was whole again. She was not killed. Her tears stopped - not a drop of blood was found anywhere, and she had complete control over her body. Slowly, her sniffles turned into something else - giggles. Somehow, she understood it. "I get it. I guess it's not good to daydream nightmares." She killed herself on accident - at least in an illusory sense. She crumpled onto the rock, having a seat. The girl was between laughter and crying. "We're not alone anymore. I guess that means we can be friends now." She wiped the tears from her eyes. With that, she began to walk towards the edge of the forest. As she entered the forest, she hopped all the way home using her new legs.

-------

One day later

"But why? Why me? I don't think I'm that special..." Incapable of understanding what had happened, even afraid of what had occurred, Irina had slept most of the previous night away. Now she was seated on the edge of her bed, playing with her own body. Her arm was a long tentacle that she used to grab her other arm with. The odd texture, the odd grasp - the form of it all was really strange. She slapped her other arm with that tentacle a few times while having a discussion with that she had come to know as Eithoth. "I think we can do a lot of fun things, though! What kind of fun things did you want to do today? Maybe we should go flying - or, or I could turn into a fish, or..." her creativity began to go wild. Her tentacle-arm became feathered, grew gills, had a small lobster claw at the end, and eventually just returned to being her simple human arm. It was morning. Irina wandered outside and into the town, walking around as she talked to herself. "I think we can change this world. We can change it into something very fun to exist in! I've prayed that something like this would happen since I was very small - and now we can do it!"

Perhaps their ideas were not too far away from eachother after all.
    Last edited by RJ45; 2010-08-23 at 02:07 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Silence. It was the first sound to greet the ears of Xivalence as he slowly stood up from the floor of his castle. He could not believe it- How could he have survived the attack of the Forbidden One? He had gorged on so many of his Kin that he should had been unstoppable.

Looking out the window of his chambers, a swirling miasma of rainbow colors assaulted his eyes. He was in his castle- or what appeared to be his castle.

He closed his eyes, certain now that something was amiss. With a quick flick of his mind, he found the problem.

In the cold air of the mountain, a slight stir of energy built up around the edges of the plinth that held Xivalence’ statue. It was, in fact, his body, turned to stone. He was now part of his own stonework.

He couldn’t move much more than his eyes. What little he could see through his them, though, would have brought tears to his eyes. His great work lay in ruins around him, the rock he had carved so carefully left cold under a layer of ice and snow.

Yet, if I have awakened, He thought, The Forbidden one must be gone…

His power was heavily drained as he cast his sight down to the town he could see in the far distance. There, he found Shrike; a mind ripe and full of ideas and cunning. An Artist of the stone, whose life was about to be snuffed out by a falling rock. The wall’s structure was far too weak, and it was going to collapse on him.

Maybe he will appreciate a little… help.

Xivalence cast himself down to the man.

--

The top of the cliff Kel’Thune was built on had remained undisturbed by human construction as long as the city records extended. The citizens of Thune have long denied the dark history of their nation as mere superstition and fairly tales, yet people stayed clear of the supposed site of an epic battle between gods, that took place thousand years ago. Neville had to work hard to obtain construction permit from the city officials, who were clearly torn between the prospect of receiving some ''legitimate gifts’’ traditional in such negotiations and some ill-defined sense of trouble, from allowing a construction at that place.

A middle aged man, dressed in a worn, but still presentable clothes stared at the construction. He was unshaven, but his beard went well with his face, giving an impression of wisdom, rather than senility. The man suddenly broke from his silence and spoke in a clear, powerful voice that rolled over the entire construction site: ''You shouldn’t be here. They are stirring in their sleep. I come here every morning and each time they are louder. You should stop it all and leave.''
    Neville was startled by the declaration. He stopped in midsentence to look at the strange man. The foreman he was talking to turned as well, looking annoyed: ''Should I have my men rough him up, um sir? He’s being giving us an evil eye the whole day, people get uneasy. Maybe we’ll kick some sense into him.'' Neville hesitated, but then shook his head. ''Chase him away, if he keeps pestering the workers, but there’s no need for violence. He doesn’t appear to be dangerous.''

Neville turned to approach his designs, when suddenly all his sense flared. At this moment he could see everything around him in a perfect detail, as if viewing a schematics of the world itself. His mind briefly registered a huge stone breaking off from the wall directly above his head. Yet this danger threatening his life, was a mere footnote to the grand design he saw in the same moment. His consciousness slithered outside of his body into a place, where a being of incomparable power looked back at him.

--

“Where… am I?” Shrike spoke.

You haven’t gone anywhere, came a voice.
    You are simply talking to me, your new god.

Turning around, Shrike vision fell upon the Architect, his extra arms spread wide as they stretched, his eyes delicately tracing along... his lines?

Strange... It was almost as if he could see... something. everything he could see carried some kind of lining, including the stone that had nearly fallen upon his head.

I am Xivalence, the Architect. I have existed long before you, and can help you in your goals. My only request is that you do the same for me. Why don't we draw up a contract?
    --

The voice of the god has broken whatever remained of the Neville’s composure. He stood stunned and cowed by the great presence before him. After a moment, feeling the weight of silence, he tried to say something, but no words came out. Embarrassingly , his left hand stopped short of pinching his cheek.

Then, as if something clicked in the Neville’s mind, his uncertainty and doubt were gone in an instant. "Perhaps," he muttered quietly under his breath and then bowed respectfully to the Xivalence. ''Shrike’s family signature was never stained by a broken word. I will of course read the contract before signing it, your divine grace.'' Neville’s lips curled in a slight smile and he looked a changed man. As soon as his hand began writing the signature on the contract, the gifts of Xivalence enveloped his very being, irrevocably altering the mortal body into something different.

The stone finished its fall, landing mere centimeters from Neville. If he wasn’t stopped in his tracks by this strange experience, he would have died on the spot. It seems only a couple of moments passed around him. For a moment concern over the construction overwhelmed him. People of the Kel’Thune were hardworking, non-nonsense sort, but even they could give in to a superstition and the architect almost getting killed on the site of the construction could be interpreted as a very ill omen. Neville steeled his nerve to conceal even a hint of worry and in a calm voice called for the foreman. A good yelling about the quality of construction and the safety rules he insisted the workers followed should get everybody from thinking unhealthy thoughts.

At night, in his private room Neville continued to look at the world, through his new perception. Everything was made from countless lines, organized in more complex shapes, that in turn became forms of even greater complexity. It was as if before, his mind ignored all the complexity of the world and presented a simplified construct. The new perception was thrilling, intellectually challenging, but it made going to sleep completely impossible. He just couldn’t stop looking at his own room. After five hours of adjusting the lines, so they would be arranged in a more visually pleasing pattern, he finally managed to catch his sleep. A maid, who arrived in the morning to clean the room, was disturbed to discover the all furniture facing the same direction and all round parts cut into the right angles.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Burning Prison, Enigma

"More. Prepared."

Enigma looked to the world, he would weep if it wasn't so sad. The world would soon be swamped with Gods with their petty squabbles destroying it all. He could not allow this. How to stop them? A plan would have to be set into motion.

"Prepared."

Oakbend

The day was wonderful, and business as usual. A prominent business man was counting his earnings of the day. This was a world that Gods were nothing, they were stories, parables to learn from. Not a physical thing, he however worshiped. There was some faith in his heart.

The legend said that the Volcano not to far away was home to the power of a God of Fire, the Burning Question. He was also a God of secrets, and of knowledge. The man had assumed that by worshiping such a thing he could gain more power. So, he did. It wasn't much till one night he heard a voice in his mind.

"Prepare."

He looked around, nobody was there. He would be the first of the Cult of Enigma, awaiting the speaker to show up to tell them what they must do. He would wait, and see what must be done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action 2: Establish the Cult of Enigma

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by josh13905 View Post
    A lone man walked the path along the mountainside. The wind cut at his figure, and the cold chilled his skin. But on the inside he was alive. His purpose merely to travel. Then the winds of fate changed direction...

Ardaugh was a wanderer. A traveler without purpose only the desire to see the world. He had set out not long ago it seemed, keeping everything he had to his name with him on his travels, and now, among all the wonder of his experiences it seemed he was being called by something.

"My life's been fine as it is so far, mate, but what do you recommend?"

Something was different, but it felt right. The feeling kept Ardaugh calm, even though he realized something was unusual, he just couldn't seem to find the care to place the feeling.

Well, what's the nearest town? It's been a while since I've been in these parts. You should go there and try something new. Talk to some new people. And tell them how good it feels to experience something new. Let me give you a hand getting there.

The whisper of wind summoned all the air it could and blasted it into Ardaugh, not into his body or his mind but his soul. The wind cautiously touched the man's spirit, but, finding it hospitable, simply accelerated and empowered the storm already there. Suddenly, every inch of Ardaugh is electrified, as the wind spreads though his being.
    This should put some spring in your step. And remove those silly needs you have. As long as you are moving towards something, you'll never need to eat or drink. That shouldn't stop you though. Wine and cheese, meat and bread, I miss them. Eat enough for both of us, just know you'll never starve. Also, you'll always have a little voice whispering just the right things to say, and just how to say them, even if it's in another language! Pretty good, huh?
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2010-08-23 at 07:10 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I am the evil, The evil I am
    And I wait for the blood, of an innocent man
    be he young, be he old, be his pockets full of gold
    be he happy, or rich or wise
    be the ocean, as blue as his eyes
    I'll wait for his coming, at the midnight hour
    I'll pickle his soul, and turn it sour
    For once his innocent heart I see
    That innocent man belongs... to me."

That rhyme had been echoing through Irina's thoughts since Eithoth presented himself. In her dreams it played through the halls of an ancient, flooded ruin; at the heart of this place was something she greatly desired, whether she knew it or not. During her periods of wakefulness the shadows themselves whispered the rhyme into her ears, but today their whispers were replaced by his.

"Lethargy has gained us nothing, it is time to begin our ascent..." This time the shadows coalesced into a recognizable form, that of a dog with glowing eyes and dark, slick fur. "Follow."
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-08-23 at 09:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Irina didn't sleep. She tried everything to get rid of it - asking, begging, pleading for it to stop. At first, the contents of the poem bothered her - later, the mere words made her annoyed. She tried sleeping elsewhere. She tried going outside. She tried using her new abilities to simply not have ears - none of it worked. By the time it was morning again, she was a sweaty, tired mess of a girl. She didn't bother to lay down in her bed - she was seated with her back to a wall, slumped over - perhaps her body had forced her to drift off for five minutes or so.

By the time it stopped, she looked up in a confused daze. Silence sounded foreign. It accused her of being lazy when it had invoked such terrible things upon her. In truth, Irina was so tired that she cared not if the beast was real. "Leave me alone..." she groaned, and tumbled over from her seated position. The moment her head hit the bed, she fell unconscious again - if only for a few seconds.

Not only had she done nothing that night, but it seemed as if she would be doing nothing the next morning.
    Last edited by RJ45; 2010-08-24 at 06:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Neville von Shrike, Speaker of Xivalence

Neville finished drying ink on the letter and sealed it with his signet ring. He passed it to his manservant. ''Please see it delivered to the house of the Lady Emilia Claremonte''.

Letter to Lady Claremont
    Spoiler
    Show

My dearest Lady Claremonte,

I would like to request a meeting at your house this evening to discuss a matter of charity. There are many unfortunate souls, who suffer from the ailments of mind in our city. The place, where they are currently brutally held, rather than treated, can’t be called a proper medical establishment. My dearest wish is to continue Shrike’s tradition of charity and provide the mentally ill with a proper housing and treatment. I hope, I can secure your assistance in this matter.

Your friend, Neville von Shrike.

Neville walked to the open window and petted a large raven, that was perched there. The bird didn’t even flinch at the human’s approach. The gardener working below shook his head at the unusual sight. The ravens were everywhere in the Shrike’s manor and they were becoming real pests, stealing food and startling the servants with their cries. Unfortunately there were strict orders from the master, not to harm or even chase them away.

Neville left his house and walked to already prepared carriage, where his three bodyguards waited. Their leader, Mr. Pip was practicing knife throwing, observed by his two colleagues. ''Gentlemen. Lady. I’m going for a swim. It is going to take a while, so Grahams can fetch you a book from the library, if you want to spend the waiting time with some benefit.''

Neville’s carriage took him to a remote cove near one of the fisherman villages. He ordered his bodyguards to wait for him and disappeared from view behind the rocks. There he neatly folded his clothes, concealed them behind a bush and put on heavy ballast shoes. Making sure there were no witnesses, Neville walked into the ocean, until his head completely disappeared under the water.

The experience of walking the ocean floor was quite unique. There was little wind and the water was calm. Neville specifically chose this day for this venture, so the visibility would be better. It annoyed him that he couldn’t bring writing tools for this task, but in the end it posed little obstacle. The solution was in his ability to alter his body in small measure, specifically - colour of the skin. Slowly a tattoo-like map of the underwater realm spread over his front and back. He tried to memorize the shapes of the sunken ships to be able to identify them from the historical records, after he returned to the surface. Who knew what academic and mystical knowledge could be gleamed from them? And perhaps a treasure chest or two.

Neville returned to the beach after even his enhanced stamina reached the limit. He suspected that effect was partially psychological. His mind simply wasn’t used to have such tough body. ''That was one refreshing swim'' he smiled to his bodyguards.

12. - Top - End - #12

"Then I suppose I best get moving. There's a lot to do, and not enough time to do it!"

Ardaugh had started off in the direction of the nearest town, his time had come to be a traveler. His life was starting. He felt excited, and still the strange events that led him to where he was didn't seem that strange. But he did know enough to ask:

"Why? Why are you doing this?"
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by josh13905 View Post
    "Then I suppose I best get moving. There's a lot to do, and not enough time to do it!"

Ardaugh had started off in the direction of the nearest town, his time had come to be a traveler. His life was starting. He felt excited, and still the strange events that led him to where he was didn't seem that strange. But he did know enough to ask:

"Why? Why are you doing this?"
    Because as powerful as I may seem right now, I'm actually pretty limited. I'm trapped, you see, in a place designed to be my own little slice of hell. And eventually, I'm hoping that you could help me leave this place. But we shouldn't talk about that right now. Pleasure before business, I always say.
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #14

The exhausted girl slept more peacefully that night than she had in years, and upon her waking, even though the dog remained in the same position, her room had changed. Scattered everywhere were toys, exotic candies, and there were gorgeous flowers growing from the building itself. Suddenly in a state of half-conscious excitement, he ran from her bed over to the first thing she could grab and as she did, it turned to dust, as did everything else in the room.

She was now standing in a pit of darkness and her only companion were the whispers and that horrible dog. "See? Child, you are alone! These things that you crave? I can give them to you, but you must obey. You must leave for the capital today, for we have much work to do..." The dust cleared away and once more she was in her room.
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-08-24 at 11:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Irina reached for the odd devices - after all, if she could change herself to become like other animals, there was no reason she couldn't partake in these fantastic objects and treats! When she reached for them, she was disappointed to find how the paradise around her had disappeared. Instead, she found herself alone. Alone, in a dark world, with a mysterious, unfriendly animal. Irina stood upright in a post-wake daze, trying to make sense of this all. Hearing the command of Eithoth, she... was defiant. She grumbled her way over to the bed and took a seat on the edge of it, staring at that beast. It was a terrible sight. It still bothered her, but as she stared at it, it bothered her less and less.

"You're also alone. I want these things... but, but they aren't worth destroying people's lives over. You said something about ruining a mans soul. I won't do it. That's a terrible thing. I want to make the world a better, magical place, not a worse one. Why? Why do you want to hurt that man? Why do you torture me?" She would be defiant. She rested far better than ever before, but only because of the night that passed as she was tortured. "And, why the capital?" She switched her glance to the floorboards, thinking through her position. She was afraid - but a very resilient one at that to continue to resist.

16. - Top - End - #16

It laughed. It laughed a sadistic, drawn out laugh. "This man has done the same to many people, his soul is already blackened by the deaths of many in-o-cent people." A window suddenly appeared on the wall; through it, a throne room could be viewed. An old man with a skeletal, yet vicious visage sat upon the throne as hundreds of souls cried in agony, chained to the floor in front of him, a sort of moaning carpet. "Does he not deserve the same fate he has doomed so many others to?"

A curtain flutters obscuring the window for but a moment, then reveals the same throne room, though quite changed. Sitting now on the throne was a strong, powerful woman whose golden locks of hair poured from her crown. Those who were previously chained to the floor now bowed for her, but when they lifted their heads, their faces were all blank. "A perfect world, one without hate or pain, molded however we wish is possible."

The window fades into the wall and Irina is now left in silence, the dog having disappeared while she was focused on the scene before her.
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-08-24 at 02:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Singing to the Court of Night

Sasha
    Sasha ran, the tears streaking down her face. He had spurned her love like she was nothing. Beneath him is what he called her. How could he be so mean? Elvan and she were the same age and there no other girls that even liked him. He was pompous and an idiot. But he was kind, and caring and loving. They had grown up together side by side friends and she had hoped for something more. When they had been kids she had imagined their wedding but as he got older he got cruel and mean, like the other boys. Some went off to war leaving for the military camps of Thueldan but Elvan had stayed because of his fathers failing health. Sasha had done everything she could to help him, she had stayed with him when she could have gone to Kel`thune with her brother to serve Elder Karash. Now that was just a dream.

Elvan had ruined everything and she wouldn’t stand by that. Rage filled her as she continued to run screaming and crying. Inventing words and tortures she would evict upon him. But whenever she thought about just what she would do her heart melted and she saw love, but that wouldn’t last. It could never be, it never would be.

Looking around she noticed she had been running for hours and nothing around her was familiar. She lived in Hendanis and now she was somewhere lost in the Twisted Forest. It was impossible she should have reached her clearing and been crying there hours ago. Yet she had continued to run almost as if compelled. Coming forward she saw a light ahead and approached it, brushing the branches aside. It was a massive oak tree, which was surrounded by a Faerie Ring.

Looking at the tree critically she could see it was old, older then anything in this forest and it seemed to tower almost a hundred feet high. Someone would have seen it before, so why had no one ever mentioned it? The tree almost had a face from the look of it on it. And its branches came down in places like fingers. Without thinking she fell forward upon the tree and began to sing in the voice of an angel.

No One knows who I am
    By Frank Wildhorn & Leslie Bricusse

“Look at me, and tell me who I am.
    Why I am. What I am.”
    She demanded the Oak tree she lay crying upon, it almost looked like it had a face with eyes closed, but there was nothing of it.
    She continued, “Call me a fool, and it's true I am.
    I don't know who I am.

It's such a shame, I'm such a sham.
    No one knows who I am.
    Once there were sweet possibilities I could see just for me, now all my dreams are just memories fated never to be. Time’s not a friend hurrying by, I wonder who I am.
    Am I the face of the future? Am I the face of the past? Am I the one who must finish last?
    Look at me, and tell me who I am, why I am. What I am.

Will I survive? Who will give a damn, if no one knows who I am?
    Nobody knows, not even you.”
    Her little fist pounded the side of the Oak tree she lay crying upon. Looking up she finished the song with one last line,
    “No one knows who I am...”

Lady Di Lucianta

Rage, hatred, love, betrayal, loss, powerful emotions were near. And their strength was drawing her into wakefulness. Lady Di Lucianta stepped forward, or at least she tried to, but she couldn’t move. She was bound; somewhere along the lines it seems that the Seelie Fey had bound her. She would deal with them soon enough but she let her mind wander out towards the emotions, and beckoned them to her.

Within an hour a young girl, ugly and hideous beyond compare entered the clearing, tears streaking down her cheeks. The emotions and rage within her could be used and harnessed, so Lady Di Lucianta pulled her nearer. As the girl fell upon the roots of the oak she began to sing. The song was beautiful so beautiful that the Lady Di Lucianta used that very song to change the girl, as beautiful as her voice she would then be.

The girl did not know she was changed, she probably could not even feel it. But as the song came to a close Lady Di Lucianta answered her, “I know who you are.”

Sasha

“Who’s there? Who said that? Come out here this instant, stop playing games,” she said. Terror in her eyes.
    “Sing for me, and you will know who I am; what I am,” the Lady replied from within her Oak tree.

And though unbidden the words began to flow from Sasha’s mouth and as she was about to sing the softer branches like fingers touched down upon her shoulder. Giving her the perfect beginning.

It’s a Dangerous Game

“I feel your fingers brushing on my shoulder. Your tempting touch, as it tingles my spine. Watching your eyes as they invade my soul forbidden pleasures I'm afraid to make mine.

At the touch of your hand at the sound of your voice at the moment your eyes meet mine I am out of my mind I am out of control. Full of feelings I can't define!”
    Sasha sang to the oak tree.

“It's a sin with no name, like a tiger to tame. And my senses proclaim it’s a dangerous game.
    A darker dream that has no ending something unreal that you want to be true!” Lady Di Lucianta sang.

“A strange romance; an ever blistery tale,” Sasha continued.

“The frightened princess doesn’t no what to do.
    Does she just run away? Does she risk it and stay?
    Either way, there's no way to win!” The Lady Di Lucianta stated.

“All I know is' I'm lost and I'm counting my loss, my emotions are in a spin!
    and though no ones to blame...”
    Sasha began.

“Such a crime and a shame!” Lady Di Lucianta finished.

“But it's true all the same,” Sasha stated.

And in the strangest duet to wander this world they sang together.
    “It's a dangerous game! No one speaks not one word all the words are in our eyes.

Silence speaks so loud and clear all the words you don't want to hear!

At the touch of your hand at the sound of your voice at the moment your eyes meet mine.

I am out of my mind I am out of control full of feelings I can't define!

Lady Di Lucianta broke off, “It's a sin with no name,like a tiger to tame. “

“And though no ones to blame,” Sasha sang with earnest.

“It’s a crime and a shame,” Lady di Lucianta replied.”

And then together in their duet they finished, “And the angels proclaim it's a dangerous game! It’s a dangerous game! Such a dangerous game…”

As the song came to its close Sasha asked, “Who are you?”

“I am the Lady Di Lucianta and you my dear will do just fine with my purpose. Look in the water and see what I have given you, a gift in return for your service. A gift that will let you live in splendor till the end of days,” the words rolled from the wind but seemed to come from within the Oak.

Sasha turned to the pool of water and almost screamed, the vision was of pure beauty far beyond earthly beauty. Looking back to the tree Sasha said, “What must I do milady?” a wicked note lingered in her voice, for her beauty had made her cruel.

A Few Hours Later

“I’m back,” Sasha yelled into the house incase her brother had stopped by for something. He did that from time to time to check in on her and ever since he had moved away to Kel`Thune the practice had begun to slip.

No reply answered her. So she went into her room and pulled out a hooded cloak before leaving the house. She knew what to do, her mistress was testing her and Elvan would pay the price.

Strolling along with a demure expression upon her face she came to the Tavern Elvan worked in and slipped inside. She’d sing a song for them all, looking at the stage she strolled towards it, but a hard hand grabbed her arm.

“Just what do you think you’re doing- Oh and who might you be my little beauty?” It was the tavern owner, Barush. She’d deal with him to.
    “I’m just here to sing a little song for all the patrons,” she said with her eyes cast down, innocents on her face and her dimples showing. The dress she had chosen was chosen precisely for one reason; it made her look even more tempting.

“You can’t hold a lady that beautiful Barush. She has to sing with a pretty little body like that her voice must be wonderful!” One of the tavern patrons roared drunkly. He almost fell off his chair.

“You know I could almost kiss you,” she said to the man who had almost fallen. Before continuing, “But maybe after I finish my little song. Business is business.”

“Well I could drink to that,” the man said swerving on his chair before literally falling off. Barush sneered in disgust and let her go.

Sasha surmounted the steps of the Stage and let her cloak fall back to reveal her low cut dress and perfect hourglass shaped body. All eyes were on her, but she only need one pair, she only wanted Elvan’s. And they were on her as well, ones she would use to crush him to dust.

A New Life

“A new life, what I wouldn’t to have a new life!
    One thing I have learned as I go through life, nothing is for free along the way!
    A new start, that’s the thing I need to give me new heart.
    Half a chance in life to find a new part, just a simple role I can play.
    A new hope, something to convince me to renew hope!
    A new day, bright enough to help me find my way!
    A new chance, one that maybe has a touch of romance.
    Where can it be, the chance for me?
    A new dream, I have one I know that very few dream!
    I would like to see that over due dream, even though it never may come true!
    A new love, even though I know there’s no such thing as true love.
    Even so, although I never knew love, still I feel one dream is my due!
    A new world, this one thing I want to ask of you, world.
    Once! Before it’s time to say adieu world!
    One sweet chance to prove the cynics wrong!
    A new life, more and more I’m sure as I go through life
    Just to play the game and to pursue life, just to share its pleasures and belong!
    That’s what I’ve been here for all along!
    Each day’s a brand new life!”

She had them, every single one of them would do anything for he. She slowly walked down the stairs and walked over to the bar, “How about you and I go some place?” She asked Elvan, “Of course only if you agree to it.” She aimed the question at Barush. Barush stood stalk still with his mouth agape, she smiled and took Elvan by the scruff of his shirt. Pulling him outside she began to kiss him but right before she did she said this, “You know Elvan, you had a chance to love someone this beautiful forever. And you didn’t take it now I’ll take away what makes you you.”

And with that she kissed him and drained away his soul. She walked away as Elvan stood there with a vacant expression, she had succeeded, she had passed her first test.

List of Songs I used:
    Spoiler
    Show

"It'sa Dangerous Game"
    By Frank Wildhorn and Leslie Bricusse
    "No One Knows who I am"
    "Someone Like you"

18. - Top - End - #18

She stood, moving towards the window. "Me?" she squeaked. Watching on riled her up to a certain degree. Being a queen was definitely appealing, particularly if she could help others in the process. She was no longer small, either - but a grand woman of the highest nobility, nothing short of her title. The sight left her... speechless, for a moment. Was she contemplating it, or was she lost in a reverie?

She brought herself back to the bedside. She no longer stared at the floorboards, but raised her head to speak to Eithoth. He was everywhere - in this, she was attentive to his presence. "I want a world like that. I would do anything for that - but I won't kill. To hate and bring pain to bring that perfect world... would not make it so perfect after all." She turned her head to the side for a brief moment, considering. "What about change? People can change..." she began to imagine again. The window appeared, as she stared on. The tyrant stood before the throne as all the souls bowed, and there was but a small, blonde figure in the backround.

She hadn't explained it, but her imagination had done the explaining for her.

19. - Top - End - #19

As Shrike Slept, The Architect wondered as to his first move. Through his ponderings, he came to two conclusions; In order to change the world as he wished, he would need people. For that, he had to gain their trust. Or, at least the trust of those in power.

Perhaps a small gesture of appreciation...and of my skills...

During the day, Xivalence allowed his speaker some free reign, for his purpose was different; to search out for other gods who may be awakening from the fall of the Forbidden one.

He sent his mind everywhere, feeling for their presence. There were more than he had expected.

Perhaps I should see about making an alliance...

He found one that might meet this qualifications: The one known as Septurnius.

Throwing his mind out to him, Xivalence spoke:

Septurnius, I presume? I don't believe we have met. I am Xivalence, The Architect. And, I think that we could have benefits the other would greatly appriciate. Perhaps an alliance? I assure you I won't let you down.

He holds out a paper and a pen.
    We can certainly negotiate the finer points of said contract...

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor divine act, 3 points: Form Pantheon

Edit: I think I got some things wrong in my post.. I will fix them when I get back tommorow. this pantheon deal is actually supposed to go to random person... though, Im not sure if he started his posts yet... augh... like I said, I'll check up everything when I get back tommorow.
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2010-08-24 at 06:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Once more the voice laughed, this time in a mocking tone. "Foolish child. Change is our goal in this journey. The feeble bones of the king won't last forever, we are to insure that only a competent ruler shall take his place. Those lying in wait hunger for his power. You wish for a benevolent ruler to take his place? Who can you truly trust other than yourself?" The room seemed to bring the door closer to her, shadows beckoning her toward it.

"There are steps that must be taken to insure a perfect future. I do not seek to kill, only to assimilate, but there are forces who would harm those who share your ideals. I will give you the power to realize you dreams but in return you will know me as your god, and the sole proprietor of your trust.
    Last edited by Nanoblack; 2010-08-24 at 06:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

In the mountains are many secrets. Gems and gold, answers and questions...

And books.

The surface area of a sphere is equal to four times its greatest circle. The ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything is forty-two. I have walked three billion, four hundred and ninety-five million, six hundred and seventy steps since my imprisonment. There is a contact.

In a room, sheltered from the elements by a natural cave, there are books of all sizes on all topics. A constant muttering echoes from the walls of any mind that dares enter.

My incarceration has lasted for one thousand and ninety-eight sidereal years, two hundred and sixty-five sidereal days and ten sidereal hours. An acid may be considered to be a substance which produces hydronium ions in solution in water, a net proton donor, or a net electron-pair acceptor. The contact is strengthening.

A man is stumbling across this library in the middle of a storm. The wind outside is chill, but the room reaches both down and somehow sideways, both into the depths which warm it and into another place, a mirror image of it infinitely larger.

My prison extends through a superposed polydimensional hyperbolic space of order eleven. There are three billion solids shared between my prison and my substrate of origin. The contact is prepared.

And a man steps into a library that has been unseen by mortal eye for over a thousand years.

You have discovered the prison of Sempiternus, The Archivist, The Knower, The Keeper of All Secrets. Well met, Trulon Et'nal. I have read your coming and welcome it. Will you speak?
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

22. - Top - End - #22

Irina stared at the door, frowning. She didn't want to continue forward. This entire thing sounded off to her - the suggestions Eithoth gave to her were... different. Irina moved out of that door, down the stairs of the tavern, and began on her way to the capital. "I don't know. I don't know what to believe, or what you really have in mind... but I do know one thing. We have to do something, and we have to keep moving. If we don't, then the world will remain as bland as it always has."

She was still unhappy. As she stood outside of that town, she would speak again. "I can't trust you. But I can believe in you. We will go there, and we will look to change things for the better. I won't do things because I am told to do them, but if it makes sense..." Irina soon turned around, finding herself wandering the streets. "No. That doesn't make sense. Why are we going, in finer detail? What are we to truly do?" she demanded of Eithoth. She would head back to the tavern. Something to eat would be nice, and it would allow them to discuss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Changed. There was a three-minute difference in an OOC post detailing speaker meetups.
    Last edited by RJ45; 2010-08-25 at 01:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Neville von Shrike, Speaker of Xivalence

There weren’t that many educated people in the Kel’Thune. The majority were from wealthy and noble families. There were a few exceptions, like Pohl Frederick, whose education was paid by an compassionate widow, he used to work for. Neville kept a small correspondence with some of them, mostly just to politely keep in touch. Now this contacts could turn into something more. He started to add hints and ideas in his letters and in personal meetings, preparing ground for the future. Neville’s desk was filled with half written pages and crumpled notes. The final version of the manuscript was slowly taking shape.

Neville handed another sealed letter to Grahams. After a brief calculation he added several coins as well. ''This man could be hard to find, this is for the expenses.’’

Letter to Trulon Et’nal
    Spoiler
    Show

To the distinguished scholar, Trulon Et’nal.

My name is Neville von Shrike and I am a humble pursuer of knowledge. Your name is well known in my circles, so I turn to you in this matter.

I’m pondering a possibility of salvage operations in the Bay of the Fallen. This project can lead to recovery of the ship’s cargo, lost ages ago. I was hoping I could obtain a consultation from you, about the ships, their passengers and transported goods, that has sunk in the Bay, in the course of history. Should the salvage operations be successful, your experience would be invaluable in identifying the academic importance of the recovered artefacts.

It is also my plan to sell the goods of little historical, but high monetary value to fund a construction of a small museum dedicated to the history of the Kel’Thune.

Your friend, Neville von Shrike.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2010-08-25 at 01:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Silly Girl! I offer you the power to realize your every dream and you question my motive? There are things in this world that you do not question and..." Suddenly his tone changes from his normal mocking whisper to a roaring growl. "I am one of them!" Her surroundings shift to a much darker tone, any passersby was now some awful creature of mismatched parts, the ground looked to be some fleshy substance that pulsed like it was breathing, and from the darkness strode the dog from earlier.

The dog approached and sat near your feet, then dissolved into smoke from which a pitch black figure with those same glowing eyes emerged. "I am done being coy Irina. You have held my favor until now, I will not beg for obeisance." Black tentacles writhed along the ground and thrashed when she came near. "Your defiance is admirable, and your questioning is not without grounds, but you must accept that all will be revealed in due time. The world faded back to normal and Eithoths voice disappeared with it.

25. - Top - End - #25

Irina gulped. Her fear was obvious, but she remained composed. "F-fine..." she continued towards the tavern. Was she still being defiant? "I still need to eat before we leave. And, if you're going to force me to do things, I should at least know what they are before the last moment." Irina ordered a cheap stew. She was far from rich, and the majority of her money came from odd jobs - but it allowed her to do whatever she wished, which was the greatest benefit of all.

There was silence, for a brief while. She ate her stew alone at a table to a far-off corner - after all, she was very conscious of Eithoth at the moment. It wasn't very odd for Irina to talk to herself, but she didn't want to rouse the suspicion of those around her. "Umm... I'm sorry." She broke the silence. "I don't want to upset you. I want to work together. We can make that beautiful world, and I sincerely want to..." she voiced her support. It was important for them to be close to the point that they could be defined as friends.

"I'm just afraid. Of a lot of things. That's all." She seemed a little hurt. Maybe it was Eithoth demanding things of her. Maybe it was her own seemingly defiant nature about the gift she had been given. Maybe it was merely an imbalance of her body bonding with that gift. She didn't know, but she would eat her stew and muse over the things that happened thus far.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

"Finally one of these trips has paid off."

Stumbling through the entrance of the ruins, Trulon congratulated himself on making a discovery of this magnitude. Despite the fact that these "trips" were usually concocted to get away from his tedious duties in local academia, Trulon considered himself an explorer foremost and a teacher a distant second.

Lost in his thoughts, he almost misses the realization that the temperature has risen significantly for an open chamber. "What n..."

Silence envelopes the chamber once more as Trulon attempts to comprehend what he sees. The library in front of him is massive, many times the size you would expect for ruins this old. Even more confusing is that every book, every shelf is as pristine as his personal collection.

His mind swims on the edge of wonder and comprehension. Magic is so rare, mostly dismissed as fantasies and fairy tales. "But this... This must be magic!" Determined to discover more about this refuge of power and knowledge, Trulon Et'nal reaches for the first bound tome. On contact a powerful presence makes itself known.

You have discovered the prison of Sempiternus, The Archivist, The Knower, The Keeper of All Secrets. Well met, Trulon Et'nal. I have read your coming and welcome it. Will you speak?

"Yes! Yes, I will speak. You called yourself the Archivist and Knower! And beyond that that you have read of my coming!" the words poured out like a child too excited to take a breath. "Then you know I am an explorer and teacher, and wish only to gather knowledge to help enrich the world and the people in it. Sempiternus, will you allow me to use the knowledge of this library?"

Whatever Trulon Et'nal, a paramour of exploration and knowledge, expected to find here was now dwarfed by what he had stumbled upon. A god. His god.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

What you see, what you feel, is only half here. This is my prison, or a small part of it. You may have the knowledge of this library: that I give for the asking alone. But I know more, and I can teach more, should you agree to the terms of ancient cermony from time out of mind. I offer you freely and without reservation this library. But I can give so much more...

The voice suddenly shifts, taking on an odd musical quality.

Once I ask and hope for answer
    Will you mould with mind my cause?

Twice I ask and seek your telling
    Will your body serve my cause?

Thrice I ask through charms compelling
    Will you lead with heart my cause?
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2010-08-25 at 04:40 AM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fiona Ignite, Flamestead

Fiona looked upon her homeland, soon all of this land and its people will be ready to be offered as a tribute to Lord Enigma. However, she knew that she would eventually have to look beyond this little stretch of land. She had to prepare for what is to come, and for that to happen, Fiona laid her sight on the city which her master had already began laying the foundations.

"Oakbend shall also be given as a tribute to Lord Enigma."

She says beging to make her way towards the city. Upon reaching it, she requests an audience with the city's leading authority.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oakbend;

Fiona Ignite is brought into a large study. The draped walls and gossamer curtains hide shelves of books and unwanted answers.
    A masculine voice asked from behind her, “And who might you be?” It was Bresdin Vasca; Baron of Oakbend.

Sasha

Sasha continued to drain Elvan’s soul till there was nothing left, just a husk that would live out the rest of its days completing the task before it. And she had given it a task, Elvan would go to the forest and prostate himself before Lady Di Lucianta’s Oak tree and there her lady would decide his fate.

Sasha walked back into the tavern, a cheer ran through the crowd and if Irina turned she would have seen a beautiful girl enter. She looked about 18 with skin as fair as winters snow and hair as black as the darkest cloak of night. But only to Irina would she see the floating energy that swerved and swiveled around her; the ebb and flow of a gods magic.

Sasha looked around and saw something similar around Irina. Walkign over to her and seating herself across the table she asked the innocent question, “And who might you be?” Her eyelashes brought low and her gaze smoldering but behind those eyes she was calculating and weighing her options….

30. - Top - End - #30

Irina didn't immediately notice. She was busy staring at her half-eaten bowl of stew. It was hard to describe how she felt. Part of it was sadness - she was treating the god who had offered her such fantastic powers as someone else. Part of it was feeling lost - how was she supposed to treat him, then? Was she to blindly follow, like a puppy? She broke from her thoughts enough to peek up - in that peek, she saw someone. Someone beautiful. More importantly, someone beautiful who was covered in magical energies.

She should be terrified. However, the face behind that glow seemed friendly enough. Irina was definitely younger and definitely not as... blessed. Irina lightly smiled. "Hello." she spoke, staring in awe at the person across the table. Was she not the only one with these new gifts? "I'm Irina. Umm... why did you come to me?" She was unaware of her own energy. Irina perked up a bit more. "I didn't mean it like an insult, I just, well... I don't know you. Who are you, and why do you glow while other people do not?"