New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Watak's years of street-sharpened senses detect something amiss in the milling crowd of humanity in the tavern. Her brow twitches as she sees from the corner of her eyes a group of men who look like they might be planning either an ambuscade or the beginning of some stalking...

...and then she notices that one of the men is possessed of some grace reminding her of a prince of old. Her keen eyes sight clearly that he is counting some coppers with which he is likely to pay their bar tab.

"Gah" she mutters as she slaps her forehead and stomps over to them.

Reaching the soon-to-be debacle, she levels her grim gaze at the men and feels her body tense, her hands readying themselves for a fight... and then she reins in, and sighs heavily. Just apologize for her, goddamnit. She don't know wots good fer her...

Visibly relaxing, she tries to smile allayingly but only manages a lopsided half-sneer-half-grin. "Yo fellas. Ya gots ta 'scuse me friend here. New in town, just come in from th' monastery. Y'all were just paying yer bar tab like the good an' righteous citizens o' blessed Breland, weren't ya?"

Spoiler
    Show

Ready an action to hurl the dagger at the first sign of actual hostility

Hmm... and does this need a Diplomacy roll? Methinks it does...
    Um... 8 Cha... bar-brawl upcoming?

(1d20-1)[16]
    Yeah, yeah, lemme guess, if it goes wrong, they'll be gunning for the "good an' righteous citizens o' blessed Breland" line...
    Scratch that! Whoohoo! Guess she needs a new honourific now, like... "Peacekeeper"?
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-09-06 at 01:22 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

smile Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Watak makes good on a diplomacy check, Ingrid passes a Spot and Sense Motive... At least, I think it was successful. Maybe it wasn't, that would funny.

"What? I've been here for two weeks!" Ingrid snaps back indignantly, completely missing the tension in her new friend's voice, "These 'good and righteous citizens' should explain their intentions! To leer at us so malevolently..."
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock wheels about in an instant, distracted from his sudden and all-too-fascinating discovery of an unusually discoloured brick by Ingrid's demand of the heretofore unnoticed aggressive looking men.

Taking advantage of his current hooded appearance, he draws aside his coat slightly, pointedly revealing the polished hilt of his rapier.

"Shall I run them through for their insolence, m'lady?" he asks, quite loudly and unmistakably. It was times like these appearing to be the lapdog of someone who looked like they were in authority was an excellent way of making a point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pfft, Diplomacy?

Intimidate - (1d20+9)[16]

EDIT: Aaand I roll low. As usual.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-06 at 02:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, well, I been in Sharn fer two months and on the streets me whole life..." she mutters in retort.

Watak rolls her eyes at Ingrid's reaction. Gah. I thought I was bluffing there but, apparently, I was right... Having at least the decency to pretend she is coughing into the collar of her coat, the rogue sniggers and snorts.

Oh Flame grant that I get this right...Locking gazes with the priestess so pure, Watak says with a sigh, "Ingrid... it's just tha' these 'ere men are so enamerred with yer beauty that they cannae but help but stare at yer unfath'mable grace and charm. Ah, um, pray ye fergive their vulgaritis as they've never seen a lady more fair than ye"

Turning back to the men, she says, "Look, here, bubs. She's hot, yeah, but she don't like the way yer starin' at her... if y'all indeed were. Twould be much 'ppreciated if'n y'all don't stare s'much"

Leaning in close to them, she slams her dagger into the wood of their table and snarls, "Ya know what else is hot, bozos? This 'ere shiv'd be when I lops off yer ***** if y'all keeps a-starin', that's wot!"

Standing back, she turns to Ingrid and shoots her a heavy wide wink that says Just play along with it, PLEASE! Facing the men again, she yanks off the dagger and begins flipping it through her fingers nonchalantly.

Suddenly, her left hand slaps a galifar down on the table, covering the stab in the wood. Her dread gaze doesn't leave their eyes as she hollers, "A bottle o' fine wine or whatever else they'll have! These oh-so-fine gentlemen's next round o' drinks is on me!"

Looking smugly at them now, she says, "Sooo... as I said, we don't want no trouble. Aaand since my friend the priestess is new in town, why don't y'all have some words wid us? She's afeart o'th' security o' this new place, not like the prim an' proper temples an' all... Have y'all seen o' heard o' some oh-so-dangerous vagabonds hereabouts? Like mebbe near Ivory Towers or Ivy Towers or there somewhere?"

((EDIT!))

Suddenly, Murdock steps in, hand on hilt and delivers his threat. Watak sighs. "Yeah, well, y'all know how 'tis on the streets, dontcher? We was uh, wonderin' if'n y'all'd seen o' heard o' some hoodlums hereabouts... some dastardly rogues who ain't afraid o' big bad bodyguard here..."
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-09-06 at 02:22 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Murdock Teguan
    "Funny you should mention that. Why, I most certainly do know a few likely lads. But m'lady has a thing for ropes, and she has been looking for a few volunteers as of late." replies Murdock, unable to resist taking a little jab at Ingrid while he was at it.

"Who knows? Maybe these fellows share the same love of ropes as m'lady, and wouldn't mind volunteering themselves. I myself am not fond of ropes, but that is why I am but a bodyguard."

6. - Top - End - #66

eek Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus-R.C._Mina View Post
    Locking gazes with the priestess so pure, Watak says with a sigh, "Ingrid... it's just tha' these 'ere men are so enamerred with yer beauty that they cannae but help but stare at yer unfath'mable grace and charm. Ah, um, pray ye fergive their vulgaritis as they've never seen a lady more fair than ye"
    "What?! That's not it..." Ingrid stammers, growing flustered, "It was nothing like that! They were..."

Turning back to the men, she says, "Look, here, bubs. She's hot, yeah, but she don't like the way yer starin' at her... if y'all indeed were. Twould be much 'ppreciated if'n y'all don't stare s'much"
    "No! They most certainly were not... What are you saying!" Ingrid struggles to interrupt, growing more flustered as she fails to cut off the stream of words.

Leaning in close to them, she slams her dagger into the wood of their table and snarls, "Ya know what else is hot, bozos? This 'ere shiv'd be when I lops off yer ***** if y'all keeps a-starin', that's wot!"

Standing back, she turns to Ingrid and shoots her a heavy wide wink that says. Facing the men again, she yanks off the dagger and begins flipping it through her fingers nonchalantly.
    Catching the rather obvious wink, Ingrid goes silent, staring at Watak dully, an expression of dumb appall written across her features.

Suddenly, her left hand slaps a galifar down on the table, covering the stab in the wood. Her dread gaze doesn't leave their eyes as she hollers, "A bottle o' fine wine or whatever else they'll have! These oh-so-fine gentlemen's next round o' drinks is on me!"

Looking smugly at them now, she says, "Sooo... as I said, we don't want no trouble. Aaand since my friend the priestess is new in town, why don't y'all have some words wid us? She's afeart o'th' security o' this new place, not like the prim an' proper temples an' all... Have y'all seen o' heard o' some oh-so-dangerous vagabonds hereabouts? Like mebbe near Ivory Towers or Ivy Towers or there somewhere?"
    Ingrid twitches. She looks down at the floor, blinks a few times and shakes her head, as if struggling to make sense of this...strange turn of events.

Watak sighs. "Yeah, well, y'all know how 'tis on the streets, dontcher? We was uh, wonderin' if'n y'all'd seen o' heard o' some hoodlums hereabouts... some dastardly rogues who ain't afraid o' big bad bodyguard here..."
    Ingrid covers her eyes, letting out a sigh, "What are you talking..."

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post
    Murdock Teguan
    "Funny you should mention that. Why, I most certainly do know a few likely lads. But m'lady has a thing for ropes, and she has been looking for a few volunteers as of late." replies Murdock, unable to resist taking a little jab at Ingrid while he was at it.

"Who knows? Maybe these fellows share the same love of ropes as m'lady, and wouldn't mind volunteering themselves. I myself am not fond of ropes, but that is why I am but a bodyguard."
    Then...then Murdock speaks again... "WHAT?! What nonsense are you talking about?!" Ingrid exclaims, looking at him as if he utterly mad, "I...what? Ropes? What the devil are you going on about?!"

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Andromeda watches the goings-on with quiet amusement, that amusement growing as poor Ingrid gets more and more flustered...to the point where she's having a fair bit of trouble keeping a straight face...
    Poor girl, so pretty but not a lick of street-sense...
    Clearing her throat, the white-haired woman shifts a little, her hand going to the hilt of her own rapier, letting her smile come to her lips...with the intention of the hombres at the other table misinterperting why she's smiling.

Spoiler
    Show

Readying an action to draw her rapier at the first sign of trouble...
    Intimidate: (1d20+1)[9]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"State why you're here, or you'll face the consequnces"
    Spoiler
    Show
    intimadate: (1d20+2)[20], and readying an action attack an adjacent hostile, if any are revield. Oh, and drawing greatsword, out of combat to aid the intimadation.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-09-06 at 09:33 AM.
    trill in da playground

9. - Top - End - #69

The biggest of the men, a tough and thick-set man with a roughly trimmed beard calmly waits as you all try to talk over each other. The two smaller, though tough looking men glare at Ingrid for a moment before going back to their respective drinking and coin counting.

When Murdock threatens to run them through, all activity in the tavern stops. Every single person stares at the man as if he were a complete idiot.

As Watak slams her dagger into the table, Gell draws his greatsword and the others in the party put hands on their weapon the goggled looks break and suddenly two men in each of the corner of the room stand and push their cloaks back to reveal swords, clubs, and in a few cases crossbows.

Four of the men who stood walk slowly towards the table until they are framing the three still sitting at it and two others move to cut your group off from the door. The two remaining men let crossbows drop to their sides and stay in the corners of the room. All of them move not with hostility, but with slow steps aimed to not provoke the group that just threatened their leader.

Even with the four men backing them up the two smaller men at the table pale at the huge orc's threat but the big one in the middle spit on the floor between Gell's feet.

"Y'see," the man stands carefully, "If y'had just let the girl 'ere talk," he jerks his head at Watak, "Y'all woulda been fine, girl talks like a'one born ina gutter an' I can respect some harsh talk from 'er. But y'had to start mouthin' off," he glares at Gell and Murdock, "An' 'ere me boys just wanted ta ask how much they'd haveta pay ta get tha uppity wench 'ere," he grins at Ingrid before spitting at her feet, "inta one o' tha back rooms. I told 'em ta sit down an' they did, but ya'll had ta start this sh*t wit' us."

"Consequences? Bwahahaha! Just like all orcs ya got plenty o' muscles but none where it count. Ya'll walk into my turf, my bar, threaten me an' my boys here, and y'talk about consequences? Well 'ere are mine. Y'all had best apologize an' 'and over some o' that coin that the half-elf there were givin' out earlier, say a hundred galifers. If ya do that, y'all can leave with yer blood in ya. If ya don't, then th'Keeper gets fed a little extra tonight."

Angry mutters sound out around the room from the people still sitting in their chairs.

"Damn right, who the hell they think they are?"
    "She is pretty comely, I'd like a roll in the back with her too..."
    "This oughta be fun to watch..."
    "This ain't their place, if'n I had my way..."

The barmaid leans against the bar with a hard look on her face and her club-like tray in one hand. Aelton pales and tries to hide behind Gell. The whole room is waiting to see what this strange group will do.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-06 at 11:07 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Oh...crap. This is a fine Charlie Foxtrot if I ever saw one...

Rommie's hand tightens just a little on the hilt of her rapier, but she stands in position, not moving, hoping the fast-talkers can get them out of this mess...and wishing she'd passed on the Thud!...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Leaping up and crouching on top of the table right in front of that of the boss, she loosens her trenchcoat's belt and fishes about for her money-pouch. Finding it, she holds it in her left hand.

Deliberately moving slowly as she loosens the drawtring, she looks within, contemplating her reflection in the myriad minted pieces of gold. She sees there not herself but Yalenne, Beth and her other sisters. She sees her family's hopes for at least a month not spent whoring away in the streets. She sees at least a fortnight of decent meals...

Her brows come together as her gaze darkens and she bows her head, looking at the boss through a grim glare. Smiling ever so slightly, she says, "Yer a decent man, thanks fer tryna hold yer men back..."

"And I'll be honest with ye..." she continues as she replaces her pouch in her belt. "...I'd much rather cut yer balls off after stabbing ye in the back than sit here talkin'. But ye know wot I druther do more'n that? Just leave y'all in peace that's wot"

"Didn't want any of this to happen, so I swears by rogues' honour... by the Flame and the Wanderer I swear" she spits... sincerely. "But as 'twas, couldn't let tha pure li'l priestess go uncheck'd like that. She'd'a got herself some mighty trouble as ye'd said"

"Let know yer name that I may know whom I owe"
    Watak says...

...as her hand dips into a pocket, rips free a flask of alchemic acid and hurls it hard, aiming straight for the boss' face.

Even as the foul flask leaves her hand, she flips her hold on her shiv, making ready to hurl it in the next pass... Her father's blade flashes through the air, the stylized flame on its flat burning brightly, singing for heretic blood...

She stands tall on the table, the Scrapper of Thrane. Knowing that now is no longer a time to be the proud lone wolf, she belts out orders, knowing how best to survive such a situation... "Gell, Murdock! Hold them off! Rommie, Ingrid! Get Aelton outta here NOW! Xaen, take out the archers!"

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[18] Initiative
    (1d20+6)[16] Flask-hurling, BAB+Dex+height+PBS
    (1d6)[5] Acid damage, with 1 point on everything around impact

Man, this house is goin' down...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Calm, that's what Gell looks like. Then a little agitated. Then flat out insane.
    (Gell rages)

Gell roars threats, insults, curses and random words as a rage suppresed takes hold and he violently hacks at the attackers.

Spoiler
    Show
    iniatve: [roll]d20+3[/roll] Attack roll against the boss [roll]d20+7[/roll] Damage if it hits [roll]2d6+5[/roll]. EDIT: It's not working for some reason...

OOC: Samne order
    [roll]d20+3[/roll]
    [roll]d20+7[/roll]
    [roll]d20+5[/roll]

EDIT: Same order, another try...
    [roll]d20[/roll]+3
    [roll]d20[/roll]+7
    [roll]2d6[/roll]+5
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-09-06 at 09:51 PM.
    trill in da playground

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Needless to say what's been going on has sobered Andromeda up pretty quickly. :P She goes to grab Aelton with one hand, while with her other hand going not for the rapier, but for her whip, which lashes out at the nearest thug.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grab Alton, attack...
    Initative: (1d20+2)[18]
    Disarm the nearest thug! (1d20+6)[26] There's a +2 to disarming with a whip, correct? If not it's just a +4...
    Damage: (1d3+1)[3] nonlethal
    ...and make a five-foot step torwards the door.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-07 at 08:22 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74

biggrin Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

"WHAT?!" Ingrid exclaims, utterly confused by the half of what's going on that she manages to follow...then everything goes to hell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[17] + 0

At a loss, the priestess stumbles back towards the professor, the orders of Watak ringing in her ears.

((Move to protect Aelton, avoiding AoOs if possible.))
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-06 at 09:15 PM.

~Kahlil Gibran

15. - Top - End - #75

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock shook his head with annoyance, and draws his rapier.

"Remind me never to piss you off, Watak." he says, as he moves for the door, drawing his sword.

"That being said, you wouldn't happen to have a flask of alchemist's fire in there, would you? I'd say this place is worth... maybe 70 galifars? You've gone and added about 10 galifars to the ugly one's face, so if we gave them a little fire to add to the ambience, maybe they'll have enough to sell for what they're asking, no?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=Initiative]1d20+6[roll]

EDIT: Action changed. Gimme a moment.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-07 at 01:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock headed for the door, rapier in hand, and promptly attempted to convert one lower city thug into one lower city meat-based delicacy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+4)[18] Burning Inspiration Point
    Damage - (1d6+2)[4] Also burning inspiration point (but doesn't get spent on a miss, thanks to it only needing to be spent before rolling damage)

17. - Top - End - #77

Thumbs up Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Ingrid

As violence ensues, Ingrid brings her buckler up defensively, almost as an afterthought as she watches wide-eyed.

((Going Defensive, yay AC.
    Traveling tomorrow, I'll post when I can.))

~Kahlil Gibran

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

(No new roleplaying, bu I need to make rolls)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22] (1d20+7)[9] (2d6+5)[12]
    trill in da playground

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

Xaen watches his new allies, and cringes a little when Murdock throws down his harsh words. "This's how people get killed..." he mutters. He continues to idly play with the boomerang, keeping it ready and subtly reaching for his other one, putting it within easy reach.

Then Watak yells at him to take out the archers, and Xaen simply reacts, moving towards the closest archer and launching his boomerang. "Thrak X'nashi krex'thi'k n'zashi x'k'rens'ht..." Xaen's string of what sounds a lot like curses continues on for a few minutes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Those familiar with Drow will recognize that Xaen is essentially using every swaer in the language and even inventing a few new ones...

Ok, now that I know where everything is, Xan moves from H12 to K12 and launches his boomerang at the archer in N12. Because he moved more than 10 ft, he gets skirmish damage, yay!

Attack - (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage - (2d6)[2]
    (1d20+2)[13] <---To catch vs. DC 10

Here we go again...
    Last edited by Leon Stormchild; 2008-09-07 at 10:57 AM.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Two hands hurl their projectiles at the same moment. Spinning flask and whooshing dart pass each other in midair by a mere hairsbreadth. Both strike home, the former shattering and splashing deadly acid over the once-handsome gangland boss; the latter grazing her left cheek.

Spoiler
    Show

The flask hit him, right? If it didn't, please feel free to overwrite me, I'll just edit afterwards.

The dagger falls to the table and sticks there, quivering. She hisses and then shakes off both dart and pain. Should I go for the fire or just stick him? People's lives depend on this establishment, and them's the folk who the Watch don't care about... This 'ere boss seemed like a decent chap... for a man... but I... we... Another flask of fluid flashes forth, this time bursting into flames as it strikes and shatters...

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[7]
    (1d6)[6]

Her hand creeps into her coat pockets once more and she yells to the boss over the din of the burning. "Hey Scarface! Pack it in, put out the fires and let us go... or ya want me ta keep chuckin' stuff at ye?"

21. - Top - End - #81

The thug boss holds up a hand to keep his men from drawing their weapons as Watak jumps up on the table. The man listens intently, a hand never far from his side, and when Watak's hand begins to throw a flask of acid instead of gold his hand whips up and he flicks a dart from his belt loop out at Watak. The two object pass each other in the air, and the acid flask smashes into the Bosses shoulder sending a splatter onto the other two men at the table while the dart cuts a nasty wound across Watak's cheek.

Cursing in pain from the acid eating away at him the Thug Boss draws another dart in a blindingly fast throwing motion and whips it deep into Gell's leg. He then mimics Watak, jumping up onto his own table.

"I'll have yer guts for that, girl! Get 'em boys!"

Before the bosses comrades can react Gell gives a roar and sends a wild strike at the big man with his greatsword, which he narrowly jumps over. At the same time that Gell begins to yell almost incoherently, Murdock breezes by his companions and in a feat that's almost nonchalant stabs one of the thugs through the eye and gives his rapier a little twist. Watak retaliates with a flask full of alchemical flame which the boss twists out of the way to avoid. However, the flask smashes right into the face of one of the thugs behind him and with a scream of pure agony then man crumples to the floor, flesh melting from his face before he lays still. Droplets of fire splash the other men around him and catch small fires on the ground of the bar and the table.

Rommie takes a few steps towards the remaining thug at the door and with a crack that resounds through the bar takes the sword right out from his hand. With a little flourish the sword lands at her feet, leaving the man gaping. In true form to her confused state Ingrid holds up her shield and peers from behind it like she was trying to look over a window sill.

The thugs finally begin to react to the situation and the two men in the corner quickly load their crossbows and fire at their best targets, Xaen and Rommie. The one aiming at Xaen doesn't seem to really know how to opperate a crossbow and with his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth somehow manages to shoot a rat that was crawling across a rafter ten feet above the Drow. Rommie though, is expertly pegged in the back of her leg by a bolt.

Having lost his weapon and watched his companion get expertly skewered the lone thug by the door throws himself at Murdock in a desperation move and tries to grab the factotum's weapon arm (Murdock gets an AoO before the grapple checks).

The other thugs howl with rage at their two friends dying, and split their attacks against several members of the party. Watak nimbly dodges a club swing and a sword thrust from two of the thugs, while Ingrid parries a blow on her shield and Gell takes a thump on his chest from a club while smacking away a sword slash with his own weapon.

Xaen lobs his boomerang at the crossbow wielder but he doesn't throw it hard enough and it grazes the man's head for a minor wound before clattering onto the table in front of him. Aelton meanwhile, is agape at the scene until he finally grasps the seriousness of the situation. While the rest of you are fighting he begins digging into his cloak and mumbling.

"I'm sure that I bought it, and I'm reasonably sure that I took it with me today but where did I... Aha!"

The professor flourishes a wand in his hand and holding it at arms length spits out a word. "Masi!" A single burst of light flicks out and whacks the thug in the corner.

"That trader swore it fired three! I was ripped off!"

The people around the bar watch the combat with interest but don't do anything but drink. The barmaid gives a curse that would make a dockhand blush as fire spills all over her floor and rushes behind the bar for something.

As he takes in the carnage around him the thug boss looks at Watak with an expression of rage that, despite no surge of strength, is as pure as Gell's.

"Yeh good as kill me mates an' yeh expect me ta back down?!" he looks at Watak and in a tone that's deadly in it's seriousness says, "I've marked ya, and now yer mine ta kill, girl. I swear by the Keeper's hungry stomach that I will gut yeh and give yeh ta his alter! But first..."

He rolls off the table and with another expert flick slides a previously hidden shortsword deep into Gell's exposed side, all the while staring directly at Watak.

Terrain
    Fire at H6. Due to the fact that the wood in the bar is fairly soaked with old alcohol the fire will grow in 1 random space per turn unless combated.

Battle Map

Initiative, HP, Placement and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    22 (on a Nat 20)- Thug Boss 15/21
    22- Gell 16/32 F9 Raging
    22- Murdock 20/20 G14
    18- Watak 13/16 G10
    18- Rommie 12/16 F13
    17- Ingrid 16/16 F10
    14- Thug Crossbow Wielders 2/4 N12, 2/4 B2
    13- Thug Bruisers 5/5 F15 moving into G14, 5/5 E10, 5/5 E8, 4/5 H9
    12- Thug Lieutenants 7/8 F7, 6/8 G9
    10- Xaen 18/18 K12
    10- Aelton 22/22 G12
    1- Civilians

OOC: The boss went just at the end there so it's Round Two for the PCs. If everyone could copy their current HP and Ac into future battle posts that would help me a lot.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-08 at 01:50 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie (HP 12/16, AC 14 (Touch 12))

Rommie lets out a war whoop at her suceess with the whip - which is cut off with a yelp as she gets crossbow'd in the leg. But she's had enough liquid courage that...
    'Tis merely a flesh wound! And I'll take that, thanks!
    She scoops up the thug's sword as Alton fires off his wand.
    Don't complain just shoot off all you've got!
    With a flick of her wrist, she aims to trip the nearest standing thug...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five-foot step to E12
    Attacking thug at E10 - Trip Attempt!
    Attack: (1d20+3)[13] plus Action Point rolled in the OOC thread for 4 = 17
    Damage: (1d3+1)[4] nl
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-08 at 03:30 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #83

Murdock Teguan
    Now including 20/20 HP and AC 16 (Touch 12)

Murdock shook his head, as he drew his rapier back out of the thug's torso, ducking as he thrust the elegant blade at the chest of the advancing thug.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+4)[8] (May as well use the IP. Not like they're a rare commodity or anything.)
    Damage - (1d6-1)[3]

Grapple
    - (1d20)[19]

The weapon slid neatly under an armpit, the desperation of the move throwing off Murdock's aim. The thug tumbled over onto the inquisitive, prompting a brief moment where it looked like the brick was going to bury the comparatively smaller Murdock, before a yelp signified a knee positioning itself in a somewhat sensitive area, sending the thug reeling backwards.

"Aha, no. You see, my friend, I'm afraid I wasn't kidding when asked the young lady whether she wanted your friends run through."

He drew back the rapier and thrust again, but a little head-work by the thug was enough to put a nasty, life-threatening wound in the floor, instead.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-08 at 02:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

hp 16-32

Gell roars and moves towards the thug brusiers and sings at one

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[19] (2d6+6)[14] Attack then damage. Wait rage increases my strength... So that's why +8/+6 instead of +7/+5
    trill in da playground

25. - Top - End - #85

Question Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Ingrid
    Ingrid looks around at the ensuing chaos piteously, then she notes the wounds mounting on her friends, fighting on her behalf so nobly...right...and she moves to aid them.

((5ft step SE, down/right, step out of AoO land. Then heal Watak.))
    (CLW(Watak): (1d8)[8] + 2 + 2)
    (Concentration(if needed): (1d20)[1] + 9)
    ((Sorry, Rommie definitely needs help but Watak looked in worse straits.))
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-08 at 09:59 AM.

~Kahlil Gibran

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Watak
    16/16 HP
    AC total 16 touch/flat 13

(1d20+5)[10] Shortsword
    (1d6+3)[6] Damage, two-handed
    Sneak Attack, if applicable (1d6)[2]

Suddenly, a feeling of cleanliness and purity comes upon the embattled rogue. She feels the dirt and grime of the ever-raining slums slough off, the depression and despair of poverty burn away to be replaced by a feeling of warmth and security.

In that moment that Ingrid's blessed hand touched her foot, Watak feels like she is bathing in the golden sunlight, the wind whispering gently, her hands amongst the heads of grain of a field ripe for harvest. Just like her father's dreams of just having a good farm with no overlord to pay with just you and the earth and the sun...

The vision passes and so does the pain. Her brows come together in surprise and she feels her cheek in awe. There is not even the slightest sign of a scar where there should have been a ghastly wound of flesh torn by a barbed dart hurled with deadly skill... only skin more smooth than it ever had been.

A burly, bearded man's club comes crashing down in an overhead blow. Watak spins, her trenchcoat's hems flying wide like the pinions of a great bird of prey and then punches the club away with her gauntleted fist. Carried by momentum, the club-toting lieutenant stumbles, his weapon cracking against the floor but still his grip holds true.

Watak, not wasting her own momentum, carries through with the spin. A sword's blade passes through her flying coat right under her right armpit. Her right arm, ironclad, sweeps away the blow and then she lunges for the rat-faced thug's chest, her shortsword flashing forward in a silver streak. Both hands grip the hilt tight then twist as she turns and steps nimbly back, taking once more the centre of the table, flashing a thankful grin at Ingrid.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground

Xaen mumbles a few more curses, then draws his scimitar from his bag, and closes in on the archer, slashing at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, moving from K12 to M12, again allowing for skirmish damage.

Attack - (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage - (2d6+1)[11]

Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Howling in pain and anger Gell swings his sword in an overhand arc that catches the club wielder beside him right at the juncture of neck and shoulder. The blade cuts directly through the man, from neck to waist and the two halves fall to the floor with a gush of blood.

Murdock shoves the thug back from him ripostes, only to have his blade slip by his foe's shoulder. Watak shows an incredible display of dexterity in spinning atop the table but her strike is less dashing, as the club wielder just smashes the sword aside. Rommie has a bit luck with her attack, her whip snaps out again and sends one of the thugs crashing to the ground with a curse. Seeing Watak beset by thugs Ingrid carefully steps out of danger and sets a hand on the rogue's leg to send a burst of healing energy into her.

The crossbow wielders load yet again and fire at their respective targets. The one close to Xaen sticks his tongue out again and somehow manages to peg Xaen in the hip. The other one takes aim at Rommie again, and despite his leering at her manages to bury the bolt into the floor next to her.

The bruisers burst into motion again. The one that had tried to grab Murdock's arm sees Rommie step away from his weapon and dives for it (Eliciting another Attack of Opportunity from Murdock). The thug that had been tripped eyes Rommie with anger and after standing back up steps up to challenge her.

"I'll get ya for that!"

The last one steps around the table and smacks his club into Watak's knee.

The lieutenant thugs eye the pool of blood that used to be their friend with disbelief before moving around to flank Gell between them. Their fear makes them sloppy though, and neither manages to pierce his chain shirt.

After taking the bolt in the hip Xaen rolls forwards and slashes at the tongue-out thug but the man is unexpectedly nimble and dodges the blow. Aelton fires another burst out of his wand that sends the crossbowmen in the corner crashing into his table. Aelton nods to himself and steps back towards Murdock.

"Hmph, at least it works consistently."

The regular people around the bar start edging to the exits as the fires grow. As three of them hop over the bar for the back exit the barmaid yells at them.

"Get a slop bucket ya idiots! I ain't gonna deal wit' that meself and ye've got tabe you bastards!"

With an open space for him the boss steps up to the table and cuts a wound across Watak's thigh.

"Just wait girl, the more friends o' mine that get killed the more pain you're gonna feel!"

Terrain
    Fire at H6 and I7. Due to the fact that the wood in the bar is fairly soaked with old alcohol the fire will grow in 1 random space per turn unless combated.

E8 is a pool of blood and meat, anyone stepping through E8 must succeed on a DC 8 balance check or fall prone.

Battle Map

Initiative, HP, Placement and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    22 (on a Nat 20)- Thug Boss 15/21 H9
    22- Gell 16/32 F9 Raging
    22- Murdock 20/20 G14
    18- Watak 7/16 G10
    18- Rommie 12/16 E12
    17- Ingrid 16/16 F10
    14- Thug Crossbow Wielders 2/4 N12
    13- Thug Bruisers 5/5 F13, 5/5 E11, 4/5 H10
    12- Thug Lieutenants 7/8 F7, 6/8 F9
    10- Xaen 18/18 M12
    10- Aelton 22/22 H13
    1- Civilians
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-11 at 01:16 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock raises his rapier, and stabs the disarmed thug through the chest before he can get at his sword again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+1)[6]
    Damage - (1d6-1)[1]

Attack - (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage - (1d6-1)[1]

EDIT: ...
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-11 at 05:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Should I try for non-lethal? or should I hack more to bits in an insane frenzy?)
    trill in da playground