New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

Rommie (HP 12/16, AC 14 (Touch 12))

To Alton:
    Nice shot!
    Rommie brandishes her whip at the challenging thug.
    You want a piece of me, punk? Do ya?
    The whip lashes out once more...

Spoiler
    Show

See the OOC thread, I think something got missed with regard to the door-thug's sword...
    Actions:
    Attack - Trip attempt! (1d20+3)[9] + Action Point for 6 = 15
    (And I think she might get a flanking bonus on that too?)
    Damage: (1d3+1)[3] nl whoops, trips don't do damage - stupid Wizards...
    Five-foot step to D12

Slannesh: By all means, do your best Cusinart impression!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-11 at 02:09 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[23] Boss
    (1d20+5)[12] Clubster
    (1d20+5)[21] Bruiser (H10)
    (1d20+5)[10] Bruiser (E11)

(1d20+6)[11] Shortsword, flanking (11+2=13)
    (1d6+3)[9] damage
    (1d6)[2] Sneak Attack

Or, if she doesn't make it due to too many AoOs, she hurls a dagger at Lieutenant Clubster

(1d20+5)[22]
    (1d4+2)[4]

(1d6)[2] Action point
    ---intended position is at E10---

The hard haft of polished driftwood smashes into Watak's right knee, bringing her crashing down. Fortunately, she falls flat on her back just as the boss' blade slashes across, a stroke that should have gutted her merely passing through the meat of her thigh.

Gritting her teeth against the pain, Watak props herself on her elbows then spits viciously at the boss. "I've taken worse ye bloody slime! Bring it!"

With that, she shoves at the wood with her right elbow and sends herself carooming off the table, dodging several attacks as best she can. Landing on her uninjured left leg, she ducks and tumbles (or tries to) through the gauntlet and then lunges to the right, stabbing at the back of Rommie's assailant...
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-09-12 at 10:59 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Who's (or what's) cusinart? >.< I'll assume you want me to kill 'em then.

Against a thug captin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20++9[/roll] (2d6+6)[11]
    trill in da playground

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

(I hate to double post but I messed up the attack roll. [roll0]
    (DAMNIT!)
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-09-11 at 03:25 PM.
    trill in da playground

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

eek Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

((Ingrid HP 16/16 | AC 15))

"You...you..." Ingrid mumbles in horror; awed and disgusted by the gory mess wrought by the rampaging barbarian.

((I could put out the fire...but I guess I'll heal Watak again instead so her fire isn't put out.))

The priestess swallows dryly as her face grows pallid, but she recovers her composure enough to take a few steps forward and chant out a prayer channeling healing energy into Watak once more.

Five Foot Step: F10
    Concentration(Defensive): (1d20+9)[13]
    CLW(Watak): (1d8+4)[9]
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-12 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Tis was royablue not royalblue.
    Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: *seethes* Okay, so attack roll, take three. (1d20+9)[16]
    trill in da playground

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

"Stop moving you smarmy thrask'a!" Xaen takes another swing at the archer.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+2)[9]
    Damage - (1d6+1)[5]
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seeing Watak beginning to move, one of the thugs starts to turn towards her, bringing his sword around for a slash at her legs, but Gell siezes on the moment and his greatsword shears through the man's unprotected back, clipping the spine and causing the thug to simply crumble from where he stood.

Murdock again tries to stab at the ducking and swearing thug but two separate strikes fails to hit the man a single time, causing the thug to laugh with relief. Capitalizing on the confusion created by Gell, Watak rolls off of the table, her head coming disturbingly close to a club strike that put a crack in the table. She slips behind the man facing Rommie and drives her shortsword up through his ribs to puncture a lung. His challenge left unanswered, he slumps to the floor with blood bubbles frothing from his mouth.

Suddenly deprived of her foe, Rommie simply steps up to the table and cracks her whip at the thug who just frantically dodged Murdock's attacks. As he straightens from the second stab attempt and begins to laugh the whip wraps around his forearm, but in a quick move he digs his feet in and resists Rommie's pull.

"Nice try sweetheart," he grabs the whip with his other hand and hauls on it, looking to bring Rommie down. (I need Dex or Str check from Rommie DC 15 or be pulled prone, OR Rommie can just let go of the whip). With the field now mostly cleared of enemies Ingrid steps up close to Watak, delivering another wave of fresh energy to heal the rogue's wounds.

The lone crossbow thug, still with his tongue sticking out sets his weapon down on the table and draws a club. He swats at Xaen, but ends up biting his own tongue as the club rebounds off the wall as the drow easily ducks under the blow. The club wielder deprived of his regular target, squints at the blasting Aelton and after a short job catches the professor under the ribs with his club, driving the breath out of him. The Thug lieutenant swallows at the sight of Gell destroying the body of another one of his friend's but takes another hack at the Orc as he calls out, "Boss? I think we oughta get outta here! This ain't lookin' good!" His strike skitters off of Gell's chain and the thug takes a step back, visibly shaken.

At last confronting his tongue-focused nemesis, Xaen sees the perfect moment to strike as the thug drops his club and cradles his bitten tongue, and slides his scimitar across the man's stomach. Now cradling two body parts, the man falls over a seat with a groan.

"Hwuuufff!" Aelton's whole body seems to mold over the club for a moment before it is retracted, "Ohh, I shouldn't have drank that ale..." he croaks, clutching his stomach. Aelton stumbles back and tries to activate his wand, but with his breath gone he can't properly activate it's magic and just waves it uselessly.

The barmaid's demand for help gets two of the men who vaulted the bar to start scrambling for buckets but the third gives her a sneer and a flick of a finger.

"Sod your bar," he spits as he runs out the back door, and is quickly followed by a another man who simply shrugs at her as he flees.

The other regulars run out of the door as quickly as they can, hoping to get the hell away from the fire and the insane butchering orc. The only exception is a stocky man with a great bushy beard, who after rounding the corner table suddenly takes in the whole room of unfinished drinks. Giving a look to the fire, the fighting, and then to the beer he nods slowly and starts drinking the abandoned cups.

"Y'ARSEH*LES, I'LL BE GETTIN' ME BRUTHER TA GET THA' MONEY OUTTA YER HIDES!" with a roar that would do any dockside wench proud the barmaid hurls an insult at the fleeing patrons before lobbing a bucket of unidentifiable muck at the still spreading fire.

In all of the quickly spreading drama though, the thug leader still has his eyes on Watak and gives an growl as Ingrid closes her wounds again.

"No dammit!" he yells back at the other thug, "We ain't leaving 'till I got that girl's head you hear me? Run on me now an' I track you down an' gut you meself!"

Despite his bluster the man takes a quick look around the tavern and seeing his losses just reaches into his cloak to whip another dart at Watak, which just barely misses her shoulder. He then walks quickly around the fire.

"Keep at it boys, I got a plan, just get over here to me."

Terrain
    Fire at H6 and I6. Due to the fact that the wood in the bar is fairly soaked with old alcohol the fire will grow in 1 random space per turn unless combated. I7 is a patch of hot muck, requiring a DC 10 balance check to move through or fall prone.

E8 is a pool of blood and meat, anyone stepping through E8 must succeed on a DC 8 balance check or fall prone.

Battle Map

Initiative, HP, Placement and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    22 (on a Nat 20)- Thug Boss 15/21 J4
    22- Gell 16/32 F9 Raging
    22- Murdock 20/20 G14
    18- Watak 16/16 E10
    18- Rommie 12/16 D12
    17- Ingrid 16/16 E11
    13- Thug Bruisers 5/5 F13 (Waiting on Rommie's check or drop), 4/5 H12
    12- Thug Lieutenants 7/8 F6
    10- Xaen 11/18 M12
    10- Aelton 17/22 H14
    1- Civilians

OOC: Sorry Leon, I forgot to include Xaen's damage last round, he took 7 from the crossbow quarrel.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-14 at 12:13 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie (HP 12/16, AC 14 (touch 12) - but charging - so it's 12/10...)

Rommie lets go of the whip.
    (see events lower down in the thread, then timewarp yourself back up here. )
    Nice try yourself, bozo!
    She then lunges forwards, bringing her newly-acquired short sword around in a two-handed grip...

Spoiler
    Show

CHARGE!
    Attack thug at G12: (1d20+3)[12]+2 from the charge = 14
    Damage: (1d6+1)[4]
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-14 at 08:17 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

In his berzerk rage, Gell roars and charges toward the thug leader, swinging at the man with his gore coverd greatsword.

(If I have this right, Attacking the thug boss. If I can't reach him, then I'am attacking the closest thug.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[13] Attack roll. Damage roll. (2d6+6)[14]

EDIT: Probly my first miss >.<
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-09-14 at 12:21 PM.
    trill in da playground

11. - Top - End - #101

*This is just a partial update so that I can conclude the one thug's actions. This happens during the thugs turn of the last round, I just needed Rommie's drop whip action before doing this.*

When Rommie just lets go of the whip the thug hurridly uncoils it from his arm and grasping the unfamiliar weapon sends it whipping at Rommie to wrap around her knee. The thug let's out a guffaw and yanks on the corded leather, hoping to bring her down.

Rommie must make a Dex roll and beat a DC of 12 or be tripped and fall prone.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

((Ah. Sorry I jumped ahead.))

DEX check: (1d20+2)[17]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103

*Partial Update*

The thugs footing isn't as good as he thought it was and Rommie easily stops him from pulling her down. With a grunt of displeasure the thug drops the whip and carefully moves towards his comrade to defend his back.

The thug takes a five foot step, so now the Thug Bruiser who was at F13 is at G12 instead. I'll update the map in a bit.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-14 at 07:57 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Slipping the shortsword out of the wheezing, dying man, Watak wheels around, taking in the scene unfolding around her. She nods approvingly as Xaen dispatches his quarry and whistles appreciatively when Gell roars across the room in a mad rage towards the boss, the barbarian's massive sword screaming towards him.

And then she hears Aelton get bamboozled with the bludgeon and cry out in pain. She sees the two thugs preparing to make a last stand and then spins to see the boss' second-man waver between the larger fray and going to help out his commander. "Sir Forsworth! Are ye alright?! Geddouttahere afore ye get banged up more!"

The fact that her barbaric comrade might soon get backstabbed decides the issue for her. She dashes towards the hesitating hooligan, yelling over her shoulder as she goes, "Good work guys! Le'z finish 'em!" Leaping onto the boss' now-abandoned table, she lunges with her shortsword as her heavy boots slam onto the oaken board, her right hand outstretched behind her for balance. "Not so fast, bugger!"

Spoiler
    Show

Position: G7

(1d20+4)[21]
    (1d6+2)[8]

Hmm. Question: Both the Boss and the Lt can't move without incurring AoOs now, right?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Wwith my action point, I belie my attack roll is now 19, just as a reminder.
    trill in da playground

16. - Top - End - #106

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock says nothing as he continues to try and ventilate the thug.

Attack - (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage - (1d6-1)[2]

EDIT: Oh joy.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-15 at 10:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

eek Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

((Sorry about the delay.))

Ingrid
    The priestess hesitates uncertainly, then waves a hand in the direction of the dancing flames while chanting a prayer.

[Create Water: 4 Gallons "downpour" over the squares on fire]

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
    ~Kahlil Gibran

18. - Top - End - #108
    Halfling in the Playground

Xaen, satisfied about finally gutting that annoying "mrask'aa", turns and sees another thug, and rushes him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, moving from M12 to I12 and attacking thug at H12.

Attack - (1d20+2)[21]
    Damage - (1d6+1)[2]
    Skirmish - (1d6)[4]

Ps- sorry 'bout the delay guys.
    Please clicky:

Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:
    Aryil in Islands of Destiny
    Kirik the Traveller in The Dark Roots of True Evil
    Rune, Warforged Cleric in Crime and Punishment

Knight of Jerusalem by Nevitan

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Just as the words come out of the thug leader's mouth that he has a plan Gell bound towards him and spits the man through the side with his greatsword. As the barbarian pulls the sword away the boss' eyes glaze over and he looks like he's about to drop when he catches himself with a steadying step and coughs blood onto the floor.

Murdock again takes a tentative stab at his indomitable foe but the lithe thug is used to the inquisitive's attack pattern and dodges it easily. With a quick bound Watak leaps onto the table and hacks her shortsword into the adjacent thug's neck. The man grasps feebly at the wound, trying to stop the arterial spray as his legs slowly buckle.

Rommie dashes forwards and cuts open the long-lasting thug's shoulder with his own weapon, causing him to yell in pain. Utilizing a useful but not often used spell Ingrid creates a gush of water over the fire that manages to almost put it out.

The thug who wounded Aelton before also utilizes a not often used tactic and flings his club right back into Aelton's stomach from where he's standing, sending the half-elf sprawling and gasping for air on the ground.

The thug that had been giving Murdock such a hard time clamps his free hand on his bleeding shoulder and turns around quickly with a look of panic on his face.

"I surrender! By the Host I give up, don't kill me!"

Just as the club leaves the one thug's hands, Xaen bounds forwards and cuts deep into his back, dropping the man like a felled tree. Aelton tries to get up but is so winded by the combat that he can barely do that, and when he tries to activate his wand nothing comes out but a wheeze.

With the help of the two men with her the barmaid gets enough slop on the fire to finally put it out while the lone entrepreneur in the corner moves off to harvest another table of free drinks.

Though Gell's blow looked like it should have been a mortal one, somehow the leader is still standing. Using his stumble to his advantage, he rolls over the side of the bar and stumbles to the door, pausing just long enough to stare at you all.

"All me crew, dead or deserted," he looks at the surrendering thug with murder clear in his eyes, "I told ya what would happen Jeph, but ya turned on me anyway! As soon as I heal up I'm gonna kill you nice an' slow, Brunt's a man o' 'is word. An' you," he shoots a look at Watak, "We ain't done girl. Someday these friends of yours won't be around, and on that day you won't even see me comin', you'll just feel me blade in your back."

He shoulders open the door and after jerking himself into the alley it swings shut behind him. The lone thug standing left in the room pales at Brunt's promise. He looks at you all and slumps a little.

"Aw cr*p, I've done it now."

Terrain
    E8 is a pool of blood and meat, anyone stepping through E8 must succeed on a DC 8 balance check or fall prone.

Battle Map

Initiative, HP, Placement and Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    22 (on a Nat 20)- Thug Boss 1/21 Excited through the back door.
    22- Gell 16/32 J5 Raging
    22- Murdock 20/20 G14
    18- Watak 16/16 G7
    18- Rommie 12/16 E13
    17- Ingrid 16/16 E11
    13- Thug Bruiser 1/5 G12 Surrendering
    10- Xaen 11/18 I12
    10- Aelton 10/22 H14
    1- Civilians

Any of you can go after the thug if you want, the bar will require a DC 10 Tumble or Jump check to get over though. So, unless you all want to go thundering after the boss or kill the helpless lone thug (who has a name now ), the combat is effectively over.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-17 at 11:21 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Question Re: Eberron: The Secrets of War Group B IC

((Skipping ahead, I doubt this action will change.))

Ingrid
    The priestess steps over to the professor and lays a hand on his shoulder while praying for his well-being.

[Lesser Vigor: Aelton gains Fast Healing 1 for 12 Rounds and +2 HP(?)]

((Augment Healing technically affects that spell. I'm sure it isn't +2 HP per round but is +2 HP on the first round appropriate? ))
    Last edited by Kaihaku; 2008-09-18 at 03:17 AM.

~Kahlil Gibran

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Rommie glares at the surrendering thug, her sword poised to go for his throat.
    Mercy is the mark of a great woman.
    Dropping the sword, she brings her fist around to connect with his face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Nonlethal Damage: (1d3+1)[2]
    Guess I'm just a good woman.
    She picks up the sword and goes to retrieve her whip, then sets to work rifling his pockets, checking his coat and boots for whatever might be found in them.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-18 at 07:25 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock produced a cloth from his pocket and wiped his rapier before resheathing it.

He walked over to Aelton, and helped him up to his feet while Ingrid worked her magic.

"You handled yourself well there, Dr Forsworth. Not a lot of people have what it takes to fight back against a group of ruffians like you did back there."

As the professor's wounds heal, he helps him to the door.

"You go on ahead to the skycoach - we'll handle the cleanup."

He allowed Aelton to leave, then tore a strip of cloth from one of the fallen thugs and bandaged the thug's wound.

"Gee, awful nice of you. Now I'm going to have to haul this guy all the way back to the Golden Horn."
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-09-18 at 07:39 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie looks up from her pillaging and smirks at the jack-of-all-trades. There's a slight sparkle in her eyes, the combination of the earlier drinks and the adrenalin of the fight has made her a bit giddy...
    Better that then him deciding he isn't surrendering after all and wanting to get back in good with his boss.
    And she resumes her searching, moving on to the other door-guard...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Watak jumps back as the blood spurts and the boss' chief henchman falls. As he lies there, gurgling, she turns sharply when Brunt yells his parting words and flees the death-carpeted tavern. Having left before she could retort, she glances down at the dying henchman, leaps down from the table and puts him out of his misery with a jab straight through the heart.

She pulls out her sword and wipes its blade clean using the thug's cloak and says to the corpse, almost apologetically, "Ye shoulda run while ye coulda. Haunt yer boss for me, will ya, tell 'im that next time he's faced wid fools like my friends and I, he should just lettem go" Watak then gazes solemnly at her fallen foe's face along the etched Silver Flame of her sword and the taps the thug's forehead, closes his eyes and says, "Rest, you damned fool. May the Flame have mercy on you"

Sighing, she sheathes her weapon and swiftly searches through the clothing, pockets, boots and other accoutrements of the fallen, putting anything at all of value into her trusty burlap sack. Like a vulturous Valkyrie, she stops by the dead and dying, administering those selfsame last rites that she learned from the enigmatic Lady Gedram's teachings and also from some of her father's war-stories from the few times he was sober... and proceeds with the looting shortly after seeing to the eternal rest of the fallen... Reaching the corners of the room, she takes especial note to take at least one of the crossbows, if not both, and all of the bolts that she could find, seeing now that she might have avoided almost getting killed earlier if she had kept at range...

Her burglar's sack now bulging, she punches Gell's shoulder and grunts in the tongue of the Marguul goblins, "Okk dvel ghuul" in praise of his battle-prowess. Realizing that being an orc does not necessarily mean that he knows the language of his smaller kin, she quickly amends, "Ye fought well, Gell"

Passing by the bar, Watak sighs and tries to smile soothingly. Winking at the waitress, she drops a pouch containing twenty golden galifars... practically all that is left of Aelton's downpayment. "Hey... sorreh fer the mess. Really, we really didn't mean fer it ta get so outta hand..."

Stepping lightly over to the others, she goes about clapping backs and offering various congratulations. "Good fighting, yo... I guess ye ain't so bad fer men after all..."

Watak stops by Ingrid and puts her arm around the priestess' shoulder. Pulling her close, she says, "Thanks fer patchin' me up there, Ingrid. That were mighty c'rageous, with that whole damn pack o' dirty men batt'rin' in, methinks." Blushing slightly, she adds, "Felt damn good, too..."

The rogue's arm lets go but her eyes do not. Watak's mouth is a thin grim line as she bows ever so slightly as she says, "When we get some quiet, we need to have a ratha serious talk... 'bout how ye acted t'wards those men earlier... we mightha gotten away without a fight, ya know... but not know, we gots some burglars ta bag..."

Zipping, or rather, clunking over to Aelton because of her heavy-laden sack and the unusual wobbliness she feels in her healed knees, she stares at him in wonderment as his obviously bruised flesh is healed and he stands hale as ever, all within just a minute. Looking at the professor awkwardly and scratching her head, Watak stammers, "Ah, a-er... are ye alright now, Sir Forsworth? Yep, he's right ya know, ye are made o' tough stuff even though yer a... um... scholar... Well, I'm, we're sorry ye had ta go through that. If ye feel that the damage done to ye was... well, um... bad..."

Here she shrugs and continues with a sigh. "...Well, ye could um... I offer that my price goes back down to yer one-fifty or mebbe lower if ye feel that bad about this all..."

25. - Top - End - #115

Murdock Teguan
    Murdock quickly moves to block Watak from stabbing the now unconscious henchman, blocking her aim with his sword if necessary. Somewhat annoyed by Rommie and Watak's behaviour, he bats away Rommie as well.

"Damn it, Watak, you've got a keeper cultist out for your blood and you're going to stab the guy who surrendered?"

He hoists the man up on his shoulders, deciding that it was better to not let anyone of his other 'colleagues' decide to take a stab at him to vent their anger at allowing the boss to escape.

"If you run, you could probably catch up to Brunt. If not, I'm going to have to have some words with this fellow. Unless you'd prefer that Brunt find you first."

26. - Top - End - #116

Jeph the thug grins and let's out the breath he was holding as Rommie agrees to his surrender, and he is so relieved that he doesn't even see her fist until it crashes into his jaw, knocking him out.

With Ingrid's spell healing him as seconds go by Aelton is quickly back on his feet.

"Ah, thank you my dear," he stands up and winces from some residual pain, "Umm, if you don't mind I think that I'll stick around until we can all leave together," he looks around the carnage that used to be a bar, "I feel just a tad vulnerable tonight. Well Murdock," his eyes twinkle a bit in remembrance, "You should have seen me at the Dolgroth dig ten years ago if you thought that this was good," he looks at the inquisitive's burden, "In any case, the skycoach is rather big so I guess that taking that poor fellow with us shouldn't be a problem."

After Watak finishes off the first thug in front of her the three remaining men in the bar blanch and make warding signs. The barmaid steps out around the bar and blocks Watak from drawing her sword across the next man's throat with her tray.

"Boldrei's mercy girl, a fight's a fight but this' butchery," her piggish face looks at Watak in amazement, and some fear, "I ain't gonna let ya slaughter a bunch o' men in my bar who only fought ya cause ya attacked them first!"

The barmaid rips off a large strip of her apron and begins binding the wound of the man she's protecting.

"Take their gold and whatever takes yer fancy, th'fools lost the fight so ya got rights to that, but Lonny there," she jerks her thumb at the man in the corner who gave Xaen so much trouble, who somehow still has his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth even as he's sprawled across a chair, "Is just too dumb to do anythin' but what others tell'im. Think that makes it okay to slit 'is damn throat? Or anyone else here?"

Despite the rag now holding his split arm in place the thug gives a shuddering breath and expires.

"Dammit, guess it don't matter for 'im now," she looks at you all with resignation in her eyes, "I shouldn't 'ave to say this, but until ya'll 'ave dealt with Bront one way or another, I don't want ya showing yer faces in me bar. Ya've brought too much trouble already and 'e'll kill me if he finds out that I've let ya'll in again."

The barmaid moves on to each of the thugs and tries to dress their wounds with only partial success.

Loot and XP
    Spoiler
    Show
    After doing a thorough rifle through the bodies of the fallen thugs you come across a fairly standard assortment of weapons and good amount of gold. Additionally, Rommie finds an interesting bag on Lonny's body and Watak finds a thin wand of pear-wood tucked into the belt of the thug that she finished off.

The bag appears to be a bag of caltrops, but when Rommie picks it up she can hear a tiny noise coming from it. Putting her ear closer she can hear tiny voices going, "Weee! Weee!". Upon opening the bag she sees caltrops, but they're making little hops into air as if excited.

The wand is thin with blue runes on it's surface which all taper to a point. It also has an inscription etched in goblin that reads "Tegaar", or in common "Shiver".

In total, you all find 15 gold, 38 silver and 77 copper.

The crossbow wielders (including Lonny) each have a light crossbow and 18 bolts between them. After Rommie's liberation of Jeph's sword, there's one shortsword left from the lone thug that was guarding the door. All of the other thugs just had clubs, while the two lieutenants each had a longsword. All of the gang wore simple leather armor.

You all gain 500 xp for the fight! *fanfare*
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-09-19 at 12:56 AM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Rommie grins at her find. Jumping caltrops. I've heard of them but never seen them before. Wonder where he got 'em from...
    She tucks the bag away carefully, and puts what gold she found on a nearby table as the barmaid speaks. She tries to catch her eye and give her an apologetic-and-understanding nod before turning to the others.
    I presume we're going to split the coin equally? Oh, and if anybody wants this sword, they can have it.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-19 at 07:11 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

(I was away, with little chance to get onto the forum, but I am back! I would guess I can't chase the boss and kill him, then? if I could, then I may)

As the torrent of fury and murder that is Gell slows down, the barbarian stops swinging and begins to pant heavily.

With no breath left to speak, he mumbles something about not wanting to go that far.
    trill in da playground

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Puttin' em outta their misery. I'd want the same done to me if I was down... then again, with healing like Ingrid's, I don't think I'll be lyin' around in dumpsters anymore... The sack of plunder falls to the floor. Watak drops into an empty chair and buries her face in her bloodied hands. At length she leans back and stares, seemingly aghast at the gore staining her gauntlets. In a hollow, choked voice, she mutters and sobs, clutching at her gut, "The War is over... no need for the Iron Cure... why... WHY am I becoming him...?!"

Standing, she stares about into empty space. Slowly, her face contorts into a rictus of pain as she clutches still at her abdomen. She picks up her plunder and tosses it unceremoniously over to near Rommie's feet.

Snarling, she thrusts a rigid arm at Ingrid and growls at the barmaid, "I. Was. Protecting! Her. Yeah, and I couldna afford ta lose me money, got a family to feed... not that it means anything now. Take the gold I gave ye. I can't live with meself if'n I didn't make ye recompense fer the trouble. Take it or leave it"

Spoiler
    Show

Yo chief. Should I have to roll Fort saves against menstrual bleeding?
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-09-19 at 02:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Rommie

Rommie looks up as the bag skids into her boots, and gets a concerned expression as she hears the rogue's ranting. Straightening up, she steps over and goes to gently put a hand on her...well, they just met so not really friend's yet, but fighting together forges bonds not easily broken...shoulder, offering a quiet reassurance.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew