New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranoia!! 2

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Paranoia!! 2

Well you were all on your way too your new rooms when you were paged to go to Briefing room C in the IRS sector.

You get there at the same time and see a desk in an otherwise empty room. Suddenly from one of the walls a female's voice echo's around the room.

"Help! Ryan-U has locked me in the wall, it only opens from the outside!" she says, and you indeed see a handle on the wall.

"I need to give a mission briefing" she says in desperation.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Paranoia!! 2

*slowly steps towards the wall, surveying the handle with suspicion.*

How do we know this isn't a trap? How do we know the Commies didn't sneak in here, rig the handle to explosives, and plant a radio so we think somebody is in the wall and needs help?

*arches an eyebrow*

What's your clearance level?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Those are valid questions. Another question is are you hidden in the wall because you are a mutant? Give us the mission briefing. If it is legitimate, we will open the wall."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Fearless Leader, don't mission briefings often require visual presentation?"

<<Opens the wall.>>

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

*scribbles something in his notebook*

Hm... If the team leader wanted the person to stay behind the wall, it is probably for a good reason...

6. - Top - End - #6

"Yes, but her first order was to give the presentation."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yes, but she also said for us not to open the wall unless we knew it was legitimate. And as of this point in time, we don't know if it is or isn't. Its like Schrodinger's Cat, only instead of a dead or living cat, we have a bomb or a living woman behind the wall. So, even though she told the person to give their presentation - behind the wall, I would assume - she also said that the wall should remain closed until we know for sure that the briefing was legit.

Ergo, you violated an indirect order, and obeyed an order directed at somebody else entirely.

*scribbles voraciously in his notebook*

8. - Top - End - #8

"Fearless Leader? Would you care to clarify?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"The door is open now. If the person in there is a woman and not a mutant or a commie, then we will shoot the loyalty officer for questioning my orders. If she is a mutant or a commie and not a woman, then we will shoot first her and then the hygiene officer for disobeying orders. If she is of a higher clearance and therefore not a mutant nor a commie, then we will listen to the mission briefing and carry out the orders of our friend, The Computer."

10. - Top - End - #10

"Yes, Fearless Leader!"

<<Prepares to shoot the Loyalty Officer.>>

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Without question, Ma'am! I will not argue my fate, and I support your decision.

*snaps a quick salute, and then prepares to execute the traitorous hygiene officer*

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of the wall a figure of a tall woman slowly comes into sight. She walks out and smiles "Thanks"

With that a green energy builds around her fists and with most of the party focused on each other nobody can stop her from throwing two balls of glowing energy...

vs Hygiene Officer (1d20)[6]
    vs Loyalty Officer (1d20)[6]

Both the Hygiene officer and the Loyalty officer fall to ground, and the stench of burning meat fill your nostrils.

She lifts her glowing hand in front of the Team leaders face "Before any of you move, I am a registered mutant"

You realize two things simultaneously, a arm patch denominating her as one of the computer sanctioned mutants and her unnaturally green skin.

"My name is Sheila-G-OOO, and I am Ryan-U's bodyguard slash assistant" she gestures the glowing hand at the two smoking corpses "Dary-R I killed because I am a mutant so he disobeyed orders and Lya-R was terminated because he did question your orders and that is unacceptable!"

She walks over to the desk and sits behind, pressing two buttons both dead men drop from high on the ceiling landing painfully.

"So are you now ready for your mission briefing" Sheila inquires with a arched ebony eyebrow.
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-02 at 08:47 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Okay, that was more unfair than funny. In fact, even in a silly game, that made no sense. 1... That is not fair that she attacked all three of us, and then you removed the attack against McSherrie. 2... When did I question her orders? If anything, I argued in her favor. 3... Why would the dude have locked his own assistant in the wall? I know I probably sound like a crybaby, but even in a goofy game like this, I don't see an ounce of fairness...)

*staggers to his feet, trying to get use to his new body*

Wow...

*walks over and grabs his notebook from its previous owner*

Ahem... Oh, and as per our agreement...

*shoots the Hygiene Officer in the face*

(1d20)[4]

Just following orders, Ma'am...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditto-R-ISO!

"That is decidedly not an authorized use for that wall-mounted energy outlet. All energy distribution should be initiated via a Computer-approved power cord, not female extremeties. This is highly irregular and will have to be reported to the chief logistics office." That being said, Ditto doesn't go out of his way to alert anyone until the lady stands down. He's certain that this due chastisement will end her inappropriate fireballing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Hygiene officers body once again crumbles to the floor (sorry he did it) Sheila rolls her eyes and stands up and points at the Hygiene officer "I admire your loyalty Lya-R" she shakes her head "but enough."

At the look of disgust at the utter unfairness thrown at her she sighs "Before you act do not blame me, blame Ryan-U" her hand glows briefly as she holds up her hand once again to stop any comments "He felt you needed a test and gave me orders to follow whatever your team leader said...so I did"

At lya's disbelieving glare she smirks and shows him the inside of the wall, there indeed is another handle "It was a test, I was never locked in there" she points at Sherrie "The only reason I didn't fry you was because I had orders against it...You in my opinion were disobeying Ryan-U's orders to keep me "locked" in the wall"

(I actually had that written down, the scene, You all can attack as much as you want in a post, just once per target and the more targets it gets much harder...but she rolled two sixes and you have to roll low...)

"The briefing" the Hygiene officer is delivered once again, this time though the door "Your mission is to protect a hallway in the IRS sector. Hallway 67 to be exact. There is a big press conference with some ultraviolets in a Communications center there and ya'll need to make sure noting happens to it."

She gestures to the door "Just follow the markings on the wall until you reach hallway 67."

(If I am being too harsh remeber it works both ways, kill anyone you want just be ready for repercussions. I just have to remeber I am not RPing with my home group who do this already...)
    Last edited by Greystone; 2008-09-02 at 09:22 PM.

- SurlySeraph

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Oooooh, okay. That paints everything in more detail now. Okay, I'm not upset anymore. And I got to kill the other dude! )

*nods a thank you towards his previous killer*

Thank you, Ma'am. I suppose we shall be on our way, then...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Is everybody happy? Anybody need some happy shots?

*smiles broadly*
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Nah, I'm fine and dandy. Everything makes sense now, and I had fun following my previous orders. The Hygiene Officer probably needs to buck up a bit, though. Maybe you should cheer him up?

*smirks as he flips through his notebook and makes a few small additions to a few pages*

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Please provide us with our mission so that we can happily, cleanly, and loyally carry out Friend Computer's orders."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, for Friend Computer

*nods, smiling, pulls out syringe and walks over to hygiene officer*

Do you need a happy shot? You should always be happy!
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

If I'm not mistaken, our orders are...

*flips back through his notebook, and reads aloud*

"Your mission is to protect a hallway in the IRS sector. Hallway 67 to be exact. There is a big press conference with some ultraviolets in a Communications center there and ya'll need to make sure noting happens to it."

"Just follow the markings on the wall until you reach hallway 67."
    How should we go about doing this, Ma'am? In what ways may I best serve you and Friend Computer to the fullest of my abilities?

22. - Top - End - #22

Having absolutely no memory of the previous five minutes, the Hygiene Officer replies, "Of course I'm perfectly happy. There are three bodies to clean up, so I have Purpose! I imagine since we're all happy, and you lack Purpose, you might need that shot yourself..."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

"Very much so. Do you have any further instructions for us, Ma'am, or shall we proceed with our mission?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheila-G looks up from th paper work she had been pretending to work with "What? Yes I have further instructions, make sure nothing happens to that communication room! Now you may proceed"

With that you all seem shunted out of the room by a convier belt, leaving you in the hall. The door slams behind you now green clearence.

A sign that reads "hallway 66->" is on the nearby wall.

- SurlySeraph

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

So if Hallway 66 is that way...

*points at the arrow*

What is in the opposite direction? Is it Hallway 65, or 67?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

"Unknown - I'm in maintenance, not construction. That is a decision more properly left up to our Team Leader - right, Team Leader?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Let us go in the direction of the arrow. 67 is clearly higher than 67. After you, Happiness Officer."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

*ponders how 67 can be higher than 67*

Hm...

*shrugs and decides to follow behind the Team Leader*

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditto pulls out a small red square, the size of a sugar cube, and sets it on the ground. After a moment, it rapidly expands into the shape of a one-man hoverscooter. "Friend Computer has allocated this conveyance to me, that I might more speedily defend His interests and our common good. I shall move ahead and examine the communications building and adjacent corridor; our fellow citizens will have to clear the area." He situates himself on the perch and presses the throttle button - an odd configuration for a hovering device, but it nonetheless carries him off down the corridor toward his destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

30. - Top - End - #30

The Hygiene Officer stares expectantly at the Loyalty Officer as not one, but TWO of his team mates blatantly disregard orders.