New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ancient Campaign

Dorin

Dorin grumbles about the food as he glances at the others. "Now we have to go forward. Let's get this over with then."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Den

"its obvious that this jungle is inhospitable." said den "however their may be some shelter out of the rain on the moutons if we can find a cave out of the jungle proper we may have a chance, after that we will have a base of operations to return to"
    Spoiler
    Show
    are we up stream or down stream from the tribe because if we are up stream they should be getting water
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-09-13 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

You trudge into the dense jungle, the ground so thickly matted with roots that it takes up most of the floor. The going is slow, impeded by constant tripping and stumbling over the irregular terrain, and aided by the blackness. You can barely see anything in the dark there, fifteen feet at best, but usually not even that far what with all the trees, and hearing is even worse- it has started to hail, and that along with the rain and wind nothing can be heard, except for the occasional animalistic screaming that peirces the darkness. Time becomes illegible, as does direction- you have no idea whether you are going in a straight line or in circles. As you travel, you are constantly pelted by rain and falling branches, and sometimes you are hit by a thrown stone or stick, but not even the most diligent search can turn up an aggressor in this blackness. Finally, exhausted, you find a 5 by 5 foot clearing, created by the merging of the roots of several large trees- barely enough to fit all of you and it definitely won't be comfortable, but it will have to do- you can barely stand, and you all collapse into a heap, quickly falling asleep, even through being pelted by rain, and hail, and thrown stones by whatever you still cannot tell.
    You wake up sore, and feeling like you've barely slept. Mercifully, the rain has slowed to a drizzle, even though there is still heavy cloud cover that you can see through a small crack in the canopy. However, with the rain stopping, you can now hear, and don't like it- you realize that the screaming you heard last night was only the loudest, or closest, or whatever, and now the rain cannot impede your hearing, you realize that there is a constant, horrible, blasphemous screaming, from innumerable sources, surrounding you. Suddenly, a noise pierces the screaming- the rumble of thunder, and the crack of lighting. The screaming slows for a bit, as if perturbed by the noise, and then rises back again to its previous volume- then is cut off all together. You can hear a rustling from every direction, quickly cut off though- and then in the distance, ahead of you, you hear a rumbling, a rushing, a rustling, a crashing- all very distant. You cannot be certain whether it has been happening all along, and was just cut off by the screaming.

Spoiler
    Show
    Whoo! I kind of got carried away there. sorry bout the wall of text. Anyhow, you're anywhere between 2- 10 miles into an unknown jungle, you have no idea which way is north, you can barely see anything, and the sky is all but invisible. Have fun boys. Oh, a few more things- if you want to have gone back halfway through the trip into the jungle, thinking it was futile, say so- I don't want to cut anybody off here. As for Kopout's question, and it was a very apt one- the river runs from the mountain through the jungle, east down to the tribe and into the sea. The river is covered with trees, the same as all the rest of the forest. You're probably thinking this is what dried the river up, but if that's the case these trees grow very quickly- many of them in the river are over 50 feet tall. Presumably it's just been flowing through the trees. A description on these trees I've been talking about so much- the forest is uniform, with rough, thick tress that have roots running along the ground next to them, about 5 feet out on the biggest trees. They have lots of vines drooping down, and have a very wide top. the average tree is about 40 feet tall. OK, getting carried away again. Any questions, feel free ask.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Desert Fox

Desert Fox woke up, alert. All this screaming was maddening.

"What is wrong with this jungle?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Dorin

Dorin gets up, stretching slowly as if sore. He glances around, then over at Desert Fox. "Another beautiful morning. Shall we continue? No use going back; we'd never make it."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Desert Fox

"What is wrong with this jungle?"
    A lot of things. If ya'll don't post to actually do something more than go ahead in a day or so, you'll find out. Oh, by the way, the rumbling is very significant.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-09-20 at 11:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

EvilClericGuy

Den
    "I don't like that crashing sound . Something big may be coming our way, we should probably avoid it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm so happy. i thought this tread was in danger. although seeing as i am new i don't know it may be normal to have this long between updates. Also is the crashing thing a lost stile monster? is making it to the river bed and going up stream an option?
    Last edited by kopout; 2008-09-20 at 07:42 PM.
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

As Den gives his warning, the rumbling steadily increases, and you can hear cracking off in the distance, a kind of crumbling sound. Suddenly, you hear a sound that sounds like sand is falling on the jungle canopy, and a veil of dust falls amongst you.

9. - Top - End - #39

EvilClericGuy

Den
    "What the hell is going on!?" cried den "a sand storm in the jungle?"
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Dorin

Dorin frowns and looks around. He glances in the what he believes to be the direction of the mountain, then at the others. "Well its heading this way, so I say we go that way." He points in a direction that would take them at a right angle to the apparent path of the...whatever it is.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

As you begin to travel to the right angle, the rumbling steadily increases. A wave of dust rushes over you, and you fall to the ground, coughing violently. Then you see the source of the rumbling- a landslide, and before you can even cry out, it smashes right into you, and your world grows black.

You poke your head out of the dirt, beaten and abused, squinting at the light. You feel like you couldn't walk. In the distance, you see the mountain, and a bleak lanscape coming from it in a triangle of dirt and rocks and broken trees sticking out. You would be assuredly dead if you were caught anywhere else- you see standing trees right behind you. At the base of the mountain you can see grey rocks all over, and a river of water running along its base.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, here are the damages. Den is at -3 hp and has several broken ribs and his limbs are shattered. Okh'Tahr and Naine did pretty well; Okh'Tahr's left arm is broken, and he's at 5 hp, and Naine has no fractures, but he does have a twisted left ankle, and is at 7 hp. Dorin took only 1 HP of damage, miraculously. Desert fox broke both his arms and is at 4 HP. Assume a broken limb cannot be used. Naine's twisted ankle reduces his speed by 10'. Den will have to be carried on a stretcher, and is stable. You have 1 day of food left, and cannot possibly make it back to the village.

12. - Top - End - #42

EvilClericGuy

i look around (can still turn my head right?) to find anything that can be made into a stretcher (i need tree branches and some clothe). do i find any thing?
    Spoiler
    Show
    do i need to make a spot check?
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There are plenty of sticks and vines in the area, and a stretcher should be a relatively easy task.

14. - Top - End - #44

EvilClericGuy

Den
    "is every one else alright "shoats den "because i don't think i a'm"
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Dorin

Dorin stands up and brushes himself off. He looks over at the others, a grimace on his face. "Who all is still alive?"

16. - Top - End - #46

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    every one hear? good lets get started am i awake? are all my limbs shattered?
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think that there has been a loss of interest.

18. - Top - End - #48

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    oh no i liked this
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I did too.