New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: End of Ages

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: End of Ages

"I'm terribly sorry, if sounded really arrogant, it was not supposed to be so, but please, it is very important for me to at least know if there has been any news about this village." Avit said, apologetically, and prayerfully.
    Last edited by bue52; 2008-09-30 at 09:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

6/10
    Knocking the wind out of your opponent, he falls to the ground (losing his stance and held action), standing back up defiantly and striking for your jaw.

Hit:
    (d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (d2)[1]

and assumes the same stance

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Wow...err...fun!

Obviously on a crit I am not going to have the defensive stance proc, I would if a PC had up the stance, but not NPC...and don't worry bout perc or insight now, you made your rolls for this stance and succeeded, especially with a second chance to see it :)

The crowd goes wild, seeing a fight of this magnitude has drawn more people, all clapping and raising their fists.
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-30 at 09:05 AM.
    Fox
    25 years of tabletops and cheetos
    Avid Roleplayer/Loquacious Dungeonmaster

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thonas 6/10

Reeling from the hit, Thonas aims his blow to the man's side, but the staggering blow makes him less accurate.

Spoiler
    Show

Ouch, and you crit right back.

Basic (1d20+7)[5](12)
    Damage (1d2)[1](1)

perception (1d20+6)[10]
    insight (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-09-30 at 09:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

6/10
    As your swing comes in, your competitor swats your hand out of the way, punching you in your now exposed ribs
    Hit:
    (d20+7)[21]
    Damage:
    (d2)[1]

and you learn "Counterstance", a missed attack against you yields an immediate attack of opportunity.

and then strikes at your legs, attempting to trip you.
    Hit:
    (d20+7)[9] versus an acrobatics or athletics check, you chose and you flavor it.
    Damage:
    you are prone at his feet and (d2)[2]

As he assumes a stance that appears to leave him wide open. (his AC is now 12)
    Fox

5. - Top - End - #155

Thonas 5/10

As his competitor attempts to trip him, Thonas leaps to the side, dodging the blow. He then aims his fist at the fighters jaw.

Spoiler
    Show

acrobatics: (1d20+12)[31]. just don't roll a one...

Move action to stand, if necessary.

Sure strike (1d20+9)[5](14)
    damage (1d2)[1](1)

per- (1d20+6)[9]
    ins (1d20+6)[16]
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-09-30 at 09:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

5/10
    Taking the hit directly to the jaw, he grabs your wrist and locks your arm, dislocating it. As you hear the pop he lets go pushing you out. The shoulder heals almost immediately, but just as the pain ends there, your competitor kicks at your face.

2 damage

You learn: Bait and Twist, lowers your AC but allows you to use a special ability if you are hit

Hit:
    (d20+7)[26]

Attack:
    (d2)[1]

Spoiler
    Show

notice we arnt missing much? kinda nice, cept now i jinxed it

The crowd are waving their fists in the air, and a few disappear inside the wall ask if retrieving something.
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-30 at 09:54 AM.
    Fox

7. - Top - End - #157

Thonas

As the blow knocks Thonas off his feet, he has a vague recollection of his youth, and time spent in fighting pits similar to this one. Even before he falls to the ground, there is a smile on his face.

As the stars disappear from his eyes, he rises from the ground and waves at the cheering crowd. He congratulates his opponent, slapping him on the shoulder. "Boy, that was some fight, I like those moves, maybe you could show me them again some time."

Spoiler
    Show
    Man, three crits in a fight, not bad
    What would have been-
    Sure Strike (1d20+9)[6](15)
    damage (1d2)[1](1)
    Last edited by Jokes; 2008-09-30 at 10:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The man bows respectfully and walks to one of the priests. You see them whispering back and forth. One of the other combatants comes from the wall with a pair of gloves. They are soft to the touch and a tad worn out.

Spoiler
    Show

Others offer to spar with you on the side, teaching you "Highguard", a stance that raises your AC/REF by your CON modifier, and "Lethal Blow" which lowers your AC/REF by your STR modifer but your next hit deals an extra [W]+STR damage.

Permit me to make a nice homebrew item. They are "Gloves of Agile Fists" granting a +2 to "unarmed strikes", +2 to AC/REF when "unarmed", and you are considered "armed" for the sake of attacks of opportunity. Downside is any exploit that requires a blade can not be used with these gloves. With these equipped you can use the below stances:
    Counterstance
    Bait and Twist
    Highguard
    Lethal Blow

There will be more "gloves" like this as you go along, I am attempting to make you a bit of a weapons master LOL. By the way if someone else wants the gloves you have to teach them the stances.

Hands are always +0 proficency, i didnt say these would make you a monk :-p
    Last edited by ixious; 2008-09-30 at 10:39 AM.
    Fox

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The priest walks up to you and touches your forehead. A soft mumbling is heard as you see a vision (which I will let you describe) and you can up by 1 point one of your physical stats.

Your combatant leads you inside the wall, where a temple to Kord is set up. He then gets dressed in ornate armor and a 2 handed sword bigger than he is.

It is obvious from the respect everyone in the temple is giving him this is both holy armor and that he is a man of high respect. He offers you a knight's salute and pulls from his belt 3 small flasks of perfectly clear liquid that glow faintly.

In a rhaspy quiet voice you hear "Don't lose when it counts, man of legend"

You have aquired 3 cure moderate wounds potions.
    Fox

10. - Top - End - #160

Avit sighs, no matter how hard he tried, that barmaiden kept rambling on about dried meat.... definitely not the best of help, hopefully he had better luck with someone who has more information about the world, walking towards the library, Avit checks out the Maps ad texts relating to the region and country which his village belonged to, using maps of the past ages to cross refer, Avit, after many hours managed to have a rough idea on what books he could check to find out about what happened to his village, and possibly the whole in general.

11. - Top - End - #161

Thonas

Thonas salutes the man, then takes the potions. I think Blooddrinker would have enjoyed that. He suddenly realises he left his weapons at the castle. He hurries back to the castle to reclaim them.

Spoiler
    Show
    The article on intelligent weapons in Dragon said you can use the transfer enchantment ritual to transfer the intelligence into another weapon. I'd like to try that, putting blooddrinker into a greatsword or fullblade.

12. - Top - End - #162

Lotho, once over his alcohol-induced headache, will stagger up and wander through Avandra Square. Leaving the area, he will stroll around in no particular direction looking for something interesting.

The world is currently utterly bewildering, and he is no mood to give himself another headache trying to make any sense out of it.

"So why's everyone so mean?" he asks himself out loud. "Where've the happy people gone?"
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

An elderly man walks up next to you. Laying his hand on you your hangover dissapears.

"That is what you are for son, you and your companions are to end the rein of the pseudogod and his minions. But that is all heavy matters, arguments, and interpretation. The number of you varies from text to text, but on a related note...you seem lost. This is the square of Melora. Honestly with the sea the way it has been, there is little left to be praised, but we have a few trinkets in our shops and of course some of the best fish in the world!" The man walks you past "ponds" that seem football fields deep though only 3-5 feet long. "Same magic used for black holes and those bags you adventurers used to have, oh the treasures that used to scatter the globe!"

Looking down at your waist, seeing the Bag of Holding, then looking closer at all of your gear, "Oh great Melora..the treasures you have! This must be what magical items used to be like! If I can give you a word of advice son, head to the Three Fae Court. They have some of the best magic shops around! You could also go to Ioun's square, but they are always a bit stuffy, with the slaves and all it can get a bit..awkward..." The old man breaks eye contact with you, as if he just said something he has a great shame for.
    Fox

14. - Top - End - #164

"Thank you for your advice, kind sir. I'll head to Three Fae immediately... I wasn't aware that this society used slaves. And, if you don't mind, I can't help but wonder who you are? Perhaps you'd care to join me and help me understand what has become of the old world?"

Can we truly live up to the expectations that these people have of us?
    Currently Playing:
    Lotho Vendara, Halfling Rogue, in End of Ages IC/
    OOC