New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground: Verse 2

The Abyss

All these people being swayed by Dalam? Amusing how many seem to trust those who are least deserving of it. It hopes that pattern continues.

"Mighty Khakom! Mommy wants to speak to you. Wait. That identifier is meaningless to you. A destroyer of things welcomes you to existence. And what an existence it is! So full of life! So much color! Clearly you will do wonderful things!"
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-08 at 07:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dalam simply roles her eyes. No time for such idiotic practices. She continues to the very heart of the senate, breaking down the doors with a simple kick

"You will not brush me aside. You have attacked me without provocation, only on order of your god. Now, the god of those whom you harmed seeks to speak with you. You disrespect that which you dislike, hold your selves above that which you view lesser. You do not even attempt diplomacy, assuming we are simply monsters to fight. But that "monster" is here now. Angry and worried for her children."
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

One of the Theocratic civil servants who was busy cleaning up papers from the empty Chamber of Congress says

"Ma'am, its the middle of the night! I'm sorry Ma'am, but we have procedures here. Gods aren't above regulations you know.The Theocratic Congress will not convene again until after tomorrow, since tomorrow they shall be visiting a local orphanage to read books to children, unless of course there is an emergency, in which case you should file form #401 petitioning for an emergency session of Congress, and give it at the Lord Speaker's secretary on floor #3 room 13A who will then review the petition to ensure that the case warrens an emergency session. However it would seem to me Ma'am that you wish to lodge a complaint about recent actions on behalf of the Theocratic government. For those complaints please fill complaint form #513 and go down to the Complaints Commissions where you will be required to submit another form in which you will be given the rights to submit a suggestion for the correction of your complaint, which will then be submitted to a sub-committee of lawyers and scribes before being sent on to the Home Ministry."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:05 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

4. - Top - End - #34

Dalam once again rolls her eyes, mutering under her breath as she disappears

"See, I told you Gliss. They do not wish peace. They simply want to play games."
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

To Dalam
    "That was hilarious to watch. When people fail to cave in immediately to whatever your demand is, you start throwing a tantrum. You know I for one find that the Bureaucracy is no problem what so ever, but maybe I'm just so much more vast of mind than you are. If you would like, I could fill out the forms for you."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-08 at 08:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

All of a sudden another civil servant starts shouting out

"Nononono you idiot! You sound just like that mentally retarded janitor we've hired out of pity, who gives people wrong information! Everyone knows that the Lord Speaker's secretary was moved to floor #18 room #16R under Article 341, Section 14, Sub-Section 84K due to the fact that he did not have a view of the sea!"

"Are you stupid? Article 341, Section 14, Sub-Section 84K refers to the law that it is illegal for man woman or child to casually stroll within the royal gardens while wearing chain mail!"

"Say that again you idiot! You are thinking to Constitutional amendment #734 to Article 34G which states that it is illegal for Dwarven farmers to marry their goats!"

"Who are you calling idiot? That amendment was created to repel city ordinance #4814R which states that it is against the law to lean on a public building at risk of a fine!"

Another civil servant joins the argument

"And since when did you meddle with city ordinances! Abyss take you, its morons like you that give the Theocratic civil service a bad name!"

"Come here and say it in front of my face Demon-kisser!"

"What did you call me? Come over here!"

And for the 8th time that day, a fight erupted between Theocratic civil servants in what was just another normal day within the complex system of the Theocracy.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Dalam sighs, the flicking little light

“A tantrum? Yes, I call leaving until another time a tantrum, with no bodies or even structural damage save a set of doors to show for it, as opposed to a battle and my sea defiled. Fill out whatever you want. I am a patiant person."
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm having a bit of trouble understanding you. Maybe it's because I'm not from this dimension. Or maybe you just aren't very good at words. I'm going to assume you want me to file the correct papers."

Mysteriously, several sheets land in all their appropriate places.

"And if all goes well they'll see you shortly. Understandably they're very busy people."
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

9. - Top - End - #39

"Oh, I understand you loud and clear. And while your particular brand of evil is amusing, it is hardly long lasting. The whole "random" aspect really works for you. But I have my own plans.

Of course, you have yours as well. I do not know what deal you had with Isul, but he and I are far different in our ideology. All I desire, at the moment, is to strengthen my people, and make those rocky islands a place they can call home. I understand if you stand against that. But if so, we of course are at odds"
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was pretty random of yourself! I'm impressed! I file the forms for peace and you make these accusations at me! Granted they're well founded, but it doesn't seem like a natural flow of conversation.

But you know what? Sure. I'll leave you people alone. In fact I'll tell you what, I'll help protect your people. You've shown me how wrong I am Dalam! You're a magnificent god and your people truly are greater than any other! All hail Dalam!

Oh by the way, their government will speak to you now. Remember to be as courteous and respectful as you always are."
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2008-09-08 at 08:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Godforge, Playground

After much talk, an official Smith document was formed. A pedestal was erected in front of the metallic wall sealing off Coberal's chambers, a large book on top. This book was the Smith's Codebook. The front page of which read:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The workers of the Godforge do hereby declare autonomy from the Iron Maiden, the Forge, Coberal. Members of this organization, The Smiths of the Godforge, shall fall under the following rulings:

The text goes on for several pages, concluding with signatures.

(Organization Info for the Game)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Smiths of the Godforge
    Purpose: The Smiths of the Godforge ('The Smiths') provides the building resources and crafts needed for the Playground.

Philosophy: The Smiths are craftsmen, they build for all. They do not choose sides or worry about how their crafts are used. By providing the tools to those who ask, the correct path will be found.

Goals

* Construct both utilities and weapons
    * Find new ways magic and craft to be used
    * Remain neutral in affairs
    * Never deny service unless already committed
    * Do not make war with your craft, let others decide its use

Leadership: The Smiths are lead by a collection of leaders known as the Forge and Flame. These leaders, lead by the Forge-Flame, vote on affairs and changes to the Smith's Codebook. Forges are heads of construction aspects of the Smiths, while Flames are heads for R&D.

Symbol: An anvil atop a cone-like shape (the cone represents the volcano the Godforge resides in)

Associated Classes: Artificer, Expert, Wizard,

General Benefits: Smiths are generally regarded as neutral in foreign affairs, allowing easier travel past nation's borders. As members advance, they are given greater access to materials and magic items.

Associated Skills: Craft, Appraise, Use Magic Device, Spellcraft, (anything else?)

Thus the Godforge left the rule of Coberal, and entered the rule of its people. To no surprise, things remained as they always were.

Coberal's Chambers, Playground
    Coberal continued to wait for her father's judgment to rain onto the world. Time is nothing to a god, but a sizable amount of mortal time had passed. There were events happening out there, conflicts arising and weapons clashing, but these were nothing new.

Had Xiua'Hi been stopped before his plans could unfold? Are the material gods still remaining on the world, preventing the races from guiding themselves?

"You should make weapons that allow mortals to slay deities. That way, the ones that Xiua'Hi wishes to leave the Material Plane will have to comply."

Coberal was broken out of her thoughts. There was another voice in her mind, but it was different. She couldn't tell if it was something deep within her or from an outside source. It had an excellent point, something needed to be done.

Undisclosed Forest, Playground
    Soon, it would be time to head to the village again. To kill. Long had he lived, and so many had it killed for a thing with no name. Ind, the first to spread The Destroyer's message of hope and fear. But there was something strange. A dagger stuck to a tree trunk. Why would such a thing be here? It was not aware of any having been foolish enough to travel in his woods. It seems he had discovered a mystery.

(I think Coberal has 12 ap stored)
    5ap= 7-2(create artifact: Hesserx)
    EDIT: Nope, it was 7

Spoiler
    Show
    Hesserx: +3 Vicious Vorpal Outsider-Bane (all kinds) Dagger
    Hesserx is similar to daggers of masterwork quality, the only exceptions being the square blade and replica of the Material Plane at the bottom of the hilt. Identify and other spells reveal the dagger's enchantments, but never its artifact abilities.
    -Hesserx's artifact abilities can only be used by non-outsiders/non-elementals from the Material Plane.
    -Hesserx's Vorpal enchantment affects all types of creatures, as it severs more than the victim's head.
    -The wielder of Hesserx counts as a DR 0 deity for purposes of LoC combat, no modifiers except the .5 from Hesserx apply to the wielder.
    -Deities fighting the wielder of Hesserx count as DR 0 for purposes of LoC combat, no modifiers are applied at all.
    -Deities that lose to the wielder of Hesserx do not suffer normal LoC Divine Injury.
    -Deities that lose to the wielder of Hesserx are banished from the Material Plane, unable to return until 7 days (In Real Life) have passed. They may still influence the Material Plane.

The following abilities are active no matter who or what wields Hesserx:
    -Hesserx planeshifts to the Playground's Material Plane when taken to any other plane of existence. It then teleports to a random location on the Material Plane.
    -Hesserx may be broken by a deity that wins divine combat against its weilder, allowing for a 1ap gain, but a new Hesserx will form at a random location on the Material Plane.
    -Hesserx is a LoC combat artifact, it grants a .5 bonus in Divine Combat
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2008-09-11 at 07:13 PM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

12. - Top - End - #42

*Storm Peak.*

Crikkeshh was struck silent as he attempted to decide how best to respond, when the God Queen dissapeared. For another moment, the Herald was still, as fury raged within, before the mightiest lightning bolt he had ever created coursed from his body, striking the middle of the summit scorching the symbol of Khakom into the rock. The thunder echoed throughout the island, rattling trees and flinging small children to the ground.

KHAKOM

With that, the Herald took off for new lands to spread Khakom's words to. The Storm God could decide how best to deal with Dalam.

--

*Void*

Khakom was startled slightly at the sand insect, but he kept his composure. Eying Klik'chak warily, he spoke.

"I come at the suggestion of Lossethir. I would seek your counsel. I wish to fully embrace my nature, my essence of the Storm, but not lose myself to it. My father fears me falling to madness. He bid me seek out and ask the wisdom of yourself, Gliss and Xiua'hi. In this way, I seek both Wisdom and Power." Even as Khakom spoke these words, he could feel Crikkeshh's interaction with Dalam, and his fury grew. He managed to control himself by venting his anger and indignation into a Windstorm that rocked through the deserts of Ramua.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vadin View Post
    "Well, I suppose that could have gone worse. I just hope she doesn't do anything too rash...an immortal army isn't a force to tangle with..."

Gliss put the matter out of his mind, though not entirely. Perhaps he should pay the storm god a visit. How had the passing thunder spoken his name? Krakoh? Kahkow? Ah, that was it. KAHKOM. It was time he and Kahkom meet.

First, though, he sensed another god who he ought to visit. Another child of...the Destroyer? Truly? He would most assuredly be one to talk to. And so Gliss stepped forth and warped to Yam's side.

"Hello, there, sir. I see you're trying to awaken this beast. No offense, but I most certainly wouldn't recommend disturbing it. Bothering a creation of the Earth Lord is rarely a good idea."
    Gliss shifted his form to mirror the mighty beast in size and appearance.

He sat for awhile, confusing the people of the deep, while Yam tried to wake the terrasque.

"Yes," the shifted Gliss began, "I can see the appeal of such a form. It's...strong. But...more than that. Such magnitude...it's...intoxicating. I'll have to remember this in the future."

He shifted back, relieving the worshippers of their momentary confusion.

"Anyways, Yam of the Sunken Ships, tell me about yourself. From where do you come? To where do you go? Why? And, most importantly, how?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Blaspheme, Akkade

Formality runs deep in me, I can't help it, and I would rather not.

As for the title, it is no indicator of rank. It's merely the order in which the dark one made and named us.

And. You mentioned our... Brother. Dirije, did you not? A dark thought given shape, the one glimpse of creativity Eul ever had. He must hate him to no end. But I am afraid he cannot join us, not in this place.

He means the material plane.

---

Eul, the Dark Home

Stop now. I care little for your flatterings. Go and lord over the shadow, but remember son, I am watching, you, each shadow where an assassin hides is but another of my eyes.

Now go and do as you will.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Klik'chak, the Void

"N'nk ralkyor, Ke cha ker. Kyor'kosdul se n'nak, tak si'ral noa tak-hoz. Lak kyor dar'al. Tak la-dachu n'id-luk, dra-trin thok. Chak'sariis tekra n'dre. Tekra cho'a n'chtik-n'se kcha-trin, tekra la'nak kyor'kosdul n'dre. Cha'dul dra-trin kil tekra-dachu.

Tsu da-g'tok chik-dul tak noa ral'ak, ka tak hozik. Chtika'ti tekra tak la tak. La tak tra chak dachu tak ka. Ka ker ral-tak a'ti ral-tak-chi'ok si'noa. A'ti kyor'kosdul se n'dre nk n'se ker. A'ti-tsu ralker chak'sariis."

((Yes, Fury, I know it well. If the fury of the storm gives you no peace, then you must grow until you are its master. Find the anger and conquer it with meditation and tranquility. You will find wisdom in the least significant place, the mortals of this world. Watch them as they live their lives. They lie, steal, and kill, but there are those who find peace in the storms of life. Speak to them and learn their wisdom.

Create followers to pray to you in times of strife and seek your guidance. Care for them, and you will find yourself. Finding yourself will open your mind to the wisdom you seek. Find something more important to you than yourself, and do everything in your power to preserve it. Use your storms to give life, not to take it. In this act of creation, all will be made clear.))

Asherah, the City of Akkade

"I sent to him a messenger, yes. He may not enter this plane, true, but that does not stop him from contacting me or from sending a message back.

Regardless, you have heard my proposal and know my will. Accept or not, I do grow weary of this. I desire to expand my territories and powers, and this keeps me from it. Speak to the others if you must, but I will not forever await a response."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

16. - Top - End - #46

*Void*
    Khakom mulled on this, and as though a floodgate had opened, let his anger with Dalam subside. The windstorm in the desert blew out, and all was still again. Khakom looked up at the God before him, and nodded. "Thank you...I will think on this, and try to find the wisdom in the mortals. I must go now, but I thank you, Klik'chak." The Storm God summoned his cloud again, and it bore him on towards Icedrift once more.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

I am just using one and name him anyway so why bother.

Blaspheme hovers closer to Asherah and lowers himself to the level of her face.

Large sized yugoloth is large.

I spoke to the others already. Bane was weary, his pride was wounded, and pride is something we care much for. But in the end, we accepted the idea of allying with you, for as long as it is suitable, of course.

Let's hope our partnership to be long and profitable shall we not?

Blaspheme smirks to Asherah.

Anyway. I am not trying to offen you but something smells odd here. There is something... Virtuous, in the air... What is it? I think I recognize this smell, from somewhere else...

Osric, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Evil has its uses, yes, but Good makes such wonderful pawns. Why waste valuable resources when we can bend them to our will instead?"

Should Blaspheme lean any closer, he'll discover that Asherah is standing within an "inverted" summoning circle, which 'binds' Blaspheme outside of it, a wall of force between Asherah and himself. Sure, she needs allies to gain more power, but she doesn't trust him.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yam, With the Fishmen, Gliss, and the Big Monster

"Hey! Now there's an idea".
    Yam stops his tapping and turns to the fishmen. "Behold the powers of a god! So strong am I that not only am I able to be the monster" He says, shifting his form to that like the Terrasque.
    Sending a message directly to the minds of the fishmen, he continues "But surpass it in power!". And as he says that, his form grows, caring not to harm any of the fishmen or their dwellings (Imagine it as a huge monster above the fishmen).

"If this works" He sends a message directly to Gliss's mind. "I owe you one".
    "Now, as for your questions.
    Where I come from, I do not know. Mommy says she created me, but I can't be sure of that. No reason not to believe her, though.
    Where I go? Nowhere.
    Why? Because I don't have anywhere to go.
    How? Well, once I go somewhere, I'll be sure to tell you.
    Oh, but I do plan on killing those damn half-elves, and this Dalam, their queen, if that's what you're asking
    ".
    Moving his huge tail from side to side, Yam appears to be reminiscing, although with his current form, one can't be sure.
    "So there I was, traveling my oceans for the first time, when I spot a dying Elf on the shore. I took him to my waters, and tried to give him his life back. When I open my eyes, I suddenly see that he gained a new form. And now there were thousands of him, not just one.
    So I told them to live their lives, and always remain by the shore, close to me, and then I left.
    Then, not a few hours go by, and I hear their voices in my head, crying for help, saying that Half-Elves are killing them, driving them back into the waters.
    Tell me, am I suppose to take that quietly? I think not
    ".
    "Oh, but where are my manners. Why, I have not even asked you for your name.
    Tell me, sir, who are you? And why have you come here?
    "
    Last edited by Goglas; 2008-09-08 at 11:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh he knows. What kind of stupid fiend with quasi-divine power couldn't notice a miserable magic circle of protection?

Of course they are. Let's just hope your boytoy doesn't outlive his use won't we?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #51

Dirije, Eul's Dark Home

Dirije smirked under his mask.
    Ahhh father. Flattery are naught but compliments formed by lies. But I speak the simple truth. I know that you are probably anxious to return to your operations, so for now I shall return to the Shadow. But worry not, father. I shall come to visit you often."
    With a mock bow, Dirije teleported himself back to the Shadow of the Playground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dirije gains rented ownership of the Shadow.

[b]Dirije, Shadow of the Playground[/i]
    When he returned to the Shadow, he was more...aware. Where before he could only feel where his followers gathered, now he can send his will to every corner of the plane. He felt the steady march of the Shadar-Kai, still guarding the Xiua's former territories.
    Dirije became aware of another power in the Shadow...One that he has not detected before.

Dirije's trial of his newfound powers was interrupted by a genie.
    He quietly listened to its message before sending it on its way.
    A meeting...in the Playground? Surely they are mocking me. No matter, I shall simply send a representative.
    With a few murmured words Dirije sent a magic message to Asherah.
    "I have heard your message. I will dispatch some representatives to hear what you have to say."
    Dirije called forth five of the biggest shadow dragons that inhabits his realm.
    "I have a mission for you. Go to the mortal citadel of Akkade. There you shall meet with Asherah and her acquaintances. Fear not, for I will be with you the whole way."
    As soon as he was finished, the dragons let out gleeful roars and left to seek out an Shadow Portal.
    After they left Dirije sent a message to the Destroyer.
    He relayed the message sent by the genie before adding:
    "My friend, I have already sent my representative to attend the meeting. Feel free to join me there."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Horn of Amalthea

As it was night, many slept across the Playground. But there was one particular soul whose dreams reached the innermost depths of the impassioned plane. He saw into the morphic core of the swirling vortex and came to know the presence of the god that dwelled all around him. In the Horn of Amalthea, he had had a momentary seat in the council but now he slept in the streets.

"This one... will carry out the message. Dalam Tashal? Tyranny. And the Destroyer?"

"Who are you talking about... my lord... Elimanishon?"

"You are a chosen one now. Go now and pass along the message. Your heart is now one of these that burn forever in Eternity. It seems that tyranny wishes to strangle out anarchy."

Thirteen flaming snakes ensnared the politician and entered his very soul. In the streets, his body glowed and it flew across the roads under its own will. First his body smashed out one window and then another. He flew up high and then slammed into the stone below. All the while the grin of Elimanishon dominated his countenance and he bled from the mouth as he tried to contain it. His lungs screamed the passion of the Eternity out into the night. Runes of blasphemy and prayers to the end of civilization ran along his skin like veins.

From his private plane, Elimanishon piled on slaad essence through the Rift which fueled the once-mortal's intensity to something the god could be proud of.

The creature blinked and in its eyes burned a single vortex of chaos. Its steps turned cobblestone to ruin and its touch erased geometries. In its shadows crawled the images of monsters born of true anarchy. "Atrocity."

"If you're quick enough, they'll never build a prison of stone around your body. But fear the work of paper, bastard bureaucrats, because it will enslave your soul. But at least it burns so nicely. You'll see. The council? When it's in session. Then you show them our might. Burn it all down and we'll be free."

Spoiler
    Show

Atrocity is Elimanishon's 1st god-ish.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Horn of Amalthea, Chamber of Congress Davorin

Davorin lets out a sigh as the Theocratic Congress prepares to convene. Inside the chamber the other 12 members of the congress take their seat for an emergency session. He thinks to himself that he has gotten too old for this. Each time Congress has gathered it always ends up in just more and more political arguments. 90% of the time the only way that any decision was made was through direct intervention of the sacred goddess herself.

The herald opens the session.

"All rise! The Holy Theocratic Congress, in these chamber of Congress, the Mother of Parliaments, under the divine law passed by the sacred goddess, Amalthea, Mistress of Mercy, the Ever-Bleeding, Our Lady in Chains is now in session! May her will bless this session for the greater good of Cornu Copiae, and every living creature in the world!"

... and now it starts... Davorin thinks to himself.

"I call upon the first institution, the crown, to present himself!"

Davorin gives a sigh as he stands up and announces

"Davorin, sovereign of Cornu Copiae and High Priest of the Holy Theocracy...present..."

"I now commence the roll call of the 12 members of Congress!"

...here we go again... Davorin says to himself as the Herald calls out the 12 names of the members of the Congress who then proceed to stand up and confirm their names and position. Being satisfied with the roll call the herald continues

"And now the roll call for the 100 elected scribes who shall be monitoring the session today!"

With that Davorin slumps into his seat defeated. He always hated this part. In all these years that he has been the Priest-King of the Theocracy he has wanted his legacy to be the completion of this grand city. However it would seem that his darker legacy would be this monster known as the Theocratic Bureaucracy. Granted, these laws and procedures were made with good intentions since everyone who wishes to approach the Theocracy should be freely able to do so without discrimination, which is why the rules were made. However, somewhere along the way, they must have shown just a bit too much zeal for creating procedures, which has led to the situation in which the Theocracy is today. Oh sure, he had on several occasions tried to deal with the bureaucracy, however each time he was either thwarted by the members of Congress, or he was forced to water-down the regulation so much that it helped little. How Davorin wished for divine intervention from the sacred goddess, but as of late, she seemed to be busy with her own affairs. No matter! The Theocracy should be able to act even without her help.

"... and so ends the roll call of all members of the Holy Theocratic Congress! Now all rise as we praise the Lady Amalthea and pray for her guidance."

The entire Congress stands up as they start singing praises and say prayers which last well over half an hour.

"Members of Congress please be seated!"

Everyone sits down

"Now then, the Congress shall address the emergency issues at once. The Theocratic Congress hereby summons Emergency Case #1! Representatives of the Thief's guild and their concerns about the proposed location of the royal prisons next to guild premises!"

Davorin groans as the representative walks in to make his case.

*Several hours later*

The herald announces the next issue to be presented in front of Congress

"The Theocratic Congress hereby summons Emergency Case #5! Representing the Va'Tari Empire, the erm.... god of Drama, Dalam Arwa Tashal, who wishes to address the Holy Congress!"

The herald looks into the waiting lounge and calls out while looking at the form which was unknown to him filled out by the Destroyer.

"May a Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal please make herself known? That is Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal the god of Drama of the Va'Tari! Please show up now or risk losing your turn. Ms. Dalam Arwa Tashal!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Dalam Tasha and the Conclave of Twilight: The Senate

Dalam muttered to herself, fading from her council chambers

“The little light actually did it. Lets go”

A small portal opens, five figures step forward, robed in thick dark red robes over heavy armor.

Dalam bows, as do the other four

“I am Dalam Arwa Tashal. God Queen of the nation of Va’Tari. And my attendants are my council, the Conclave of Twilight. We are here to negotiate more peaceful terms between your nation, and my own.

If you have kept your eyes and ears to the sea’s you inhabit, you will note that all slaves owned by the Va’Tari are now free men and women. Their fates, are unknown. We offered your…Vincent, to take them to safety but the request was not only declined but met with condescension.

We are a free nation, we have let you be, and we ask the same. We do not agree with your ways, but we have left you sovereign. Grave threats arise from the waves our lands call home. Creatures of the deep raise to attack us, take our land, and kill our people. Hate us if you will, know we feel little more for you, but that does not mean that we must stand against one another in times of trouble.

We may be enemies, we may hate one another. But if there is none left to hate and carry war, we both have lost.”
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

To Dirjie
    "Meeting? What meeting? Huh? Hmm. It's been awhile since I've absorbed knowledge. Is there something I should have blasted that I did not?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Millenium Earl by Shmee

26. - Top - End - #56

Sombirus: Sleeping in Coraie
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Once again, I have permission-payback when she returns)

Deep the God of Knowledge slumbered, and in her dreams, she felt the power of the planes untie on one single point, a tree of power and energy. And in her fitful slumber, her divine spark flew far and fast through the series of portals, landing upon the vast game board of Xiua’hi
    (Transfer AP-9=0)

Xiua’Hi: Atop the Rice Fields that Stretch Across the Horizon

A new piece clattered to the game board with a loud pop. Xiua’hi frowned, picking the piece up and feeling his form infused with the knowledge of Sombirus.

“Yes…I see now. The Judgment is over…Mercy…Mercy can begin."

Xiua then picks up a handful of the pieces, whispering soflty
    (A sending to all clerics of the world)

"Begin mercy"
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2008-09-09 at 04:03 PM.
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enigma; The Surface of the Sun

Enigma groaned, this was something he had been bane to do. "Son, Light, Passion." Enigma spoke with a emotion in his voice that all knew was exactly a feeling Eul's Dread Six could create. Enigma had something awful in his mind, if one dared to look.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Chamber of Congress, Davorin

Davorin stands up from his seat and acknowledges Dalam but does not bow in return, only giving a slight nod. Sitting back down a bit clumsily due to age, he addresses the Congress

"Very well, we have received the word from the Va'Tari. I hereby put in motion for a Congressional vote on the issue of the immediate cessation of hostilities with the nation known as Va'Tari, and the normalization of relations between the state of Cornu Copiae and the Va'Tari."

The herald shouts out

"The motion is now open for debate! First to speak, representing the Red Rose Conservative Movement, and the majority within Congress, the Prime-Minister, Lord Caelan!"

...here we go... Davorin thinks to himself

With that Lord Caelan stands up to make his speech

"Esteemed members of Congress, I would like to ask his holiness whether this so called... 'peace agreement' with the Va'Tari would signify as a serious breech with the Amalthean verses on the serious accusations that they make dealings with unholy devils?"

"Hear! Hear! Hear!" Yell the members of the Red Rose Conservative Movement

Grunting Davorin responds to Caelan as the lord sits down in his seat,

"The right honorable gentleman is right in saying that the Va'Tari deal with devils, and that the crown retains its stance that no long term peace solutions can be achieved while the Va'Tari continue to do so."

Caelan stands up again and says

"Might I remind the House, of Amalthean verse Chapter 54:65... and I quote... *ahem*... 'Be warned! If you do presume to flirt with devils, then you will join them!' Now then, does the House not recognize that this verse alone warns us about dealing with these devil-lovers?"

Once again "Hear! Hear!" is heard from the members of the Red Rose Conservative Movement as they wave their notes in the air.

The herald calls out

"Now responding, the leader of the opposition within Congress, Lord Xavier representing the Liberal Charity Party!"

There is a mixture of "Boooo" coming from the Conservatives and "Yeaaaaahh!" from the Liberal party as Lord Xavier stands up to make his rebuttal.

"I am sure that the House is aware that the, right honorable Prime-Minister knows well his Amalthean verses. However, I would entice him to open his book, and look under Chapter 35:02 which states 'The Lady shall bless those who seek peace, and who acts the peacemaker to be an example for others.' Now then... would the right honorable Prime-Minister not agree, that the verses themselves say that accepting the Va'Tari peace treaty would bring prosperity to the region?"

There are shouts everywhere ranging from "Shame! Rubbish!" From the Conservative party to "Hooray!" From the Liberals

"Order! Order!" Yells Davorin wearily, he knew full well what was to follow.

"No, I think that is entirely untrue, and I would think that I have the support of the House on this issue!" Comes Caelan's answer. Once again both sides start either cheering or booing depending on which party they supported.

The herald cries out

"Now speaking, Lord Ryker of the Vengeance Party!"

Boos and jeers are heard all over the chamber, as Ryker stands to speak.

Davorin looks at the man and cursing under his breath. The last thing he needed now was the sole representing member of the Vengeance party, a religiously fanatic movement even by the standards of a country run by priests, to speak.

"I say that we have the Va'Tari quaking in their boots! Look at them! They are pathetic! All this time they practice their disgusting rituals! They sell souls to devils and plan on corrupting the world! Listen to me! This so called... peace treaty... is but a ruse to ensure that we are not a threat while they get stronger! No! Listen to me! We should wipe them all out! Give them over to the divine judgment of the Lady Amalthea for their vile practices, and my right honorable gentlemen for even thinking of negotiating peace with these creatures! To the Abyss with all of you!"

The chamber erupts into more jeering as several members of the Congress proceed to crumple up their papers and throw it at Ryker as he goes to sit.

"Order! Order! I will have order!" Yells Davorin.

Lord Xavier stands up and says

"I would like the House to join me in condemning in the strongest possible way, the words of the right honorable gentleman in the corner!"

"Hear! Hear! Hear!"

Lord Caelan stands up and says

"The Conservative movement would like to agree with the right honorable gentleman in the opposition, and would also like to join him in condemning the words of our deranged honorable gentleman sitting in the corner!"

"Hear! Hear! Hear!"

Lord Ryker stands up and says

"Lord Davorin! I must be dreaming! The Abyss must be covered in a field of flowers! The honorable Prime-Minister agreeing with the right honorable friend from the opposition? That proves my claims that the Conservative movement has secret liberal agendas!"

The chamber erupts into jeers as more paper balls are thrown towards Ryker.

"ORDER! ORDER!"

An amused Lord Caelan gets up and looking at Lord Ryker says

"I find it rather amusing that esteemed colleague would see such conspiracy theories just because the Conservative movement selected to provide free health care for everyone within Cornu Copiae, regardless of nationality!"

"Yeeeeaaaaahhh!" Comes the shout from the Conservative movement.

"Lord Davorin, what I find it amusing, is that the honorable Prime-Minister forgets that during his days as the opposition, his movement was supportive of raising taxes on all alcohol related beverages, something that the Liberal party had, is still and will always oppose!"

"Shame! Shame!" Jeers the members of the other parties

"It is apparent that the right honorable gentleman in the opposition is needed to be reminded that the Liberal Party lost the past elections by a significant margin because of such failing policies which the people themselves have condemned!..."

"Boooooo" yell the members of the opposition, as Caelan continues his attack on the opposition

"...and as the House can understand, the right honorable gentleman may be a cretinous buffoon however he is just the right sort of drooling vegetable that this country needs in opposition!"

Once again the chamber erupts into a cacophony of cheers and boos as more paper balls fly here and there

"May the House know that it is comments like those of the esteemed Prime-Minister which have resulted in a growing concern that the standard of debate in Congress is in decline!" Replies Xavier

"May the right honorable gentlemen do us all a favor, and rot in the Abyss!" yells out Ryker as books and papers start flying here and there.

"I would dare the right honorable gentleman in the opposition to either say it in front of my face or to kindly sit down and shut up!"

"The right honorable gentleman would be pleased to know that I have no problem sending him to the Abyss right in his face!"

And with that Ryker gets up and runs towards the Prime-Minister trying to land a punch. Moments later a massive fight erupts within Congress

"...oh no, not again! Guards! Guards!" Yells Davorin, it was the 3rd time this week...

And with that the royal guards storm into the Chamber trying to restor order.

*A couple of hours later*

Davorin finishes his speech and reprimands the members of Congress for fighting, it is not a proper way of behaving within the chamber of Congress, yet sometimes when passion flairs when sensitive issues are discussed, and in these chambers its quite often, which means that chaos always follows. Yet another reason why its difficult for the Theocracy to do much without divine intervention.

"Now then, since all of you esteemed gentlemen have now calmed down we can finally cast our vote on the issue of the immediate cessation of hostilities with the nation known as Va'Tari, and the normalization of relations between the state of Cornu Copiae and the Va'Tari Empire."

The herald cries out

"All members voting Yay! Raise their hands up!"

Davorin raises his hand, and so do the 5 members of the Liberal Charity Party.

"All members voting Nay! Raise their hands up!"

All 6 members of the Red Rose Conservative Movement raise their hands up.

Wait a minute... normally there should be a total of 13 votes... but now there are only 12! This could only mean one thing and Davorin starts saying to himself

"no....no........no...nononononono!" as he looks at Lord Ryker

"All members abstaining from voting raise their hand!"

Up goes Ryker's hand.

"Very well! The vote is 6 Yay, 6 Nay and 1 Abstained! I hereby extend the emergency session of Congress for another round of debate before allowing another vote on the issue to be casted!"

Once again a cacophony of cheers, boos and other noised are heard in the chamber as more books and papers are thrown to each other.

Davorin slumps into his chair, with a defeated look on his face he looks at Dalam and tells her wearily

"....just...go home... we'll send you a letter if we make a decision..."

I'm really getting too old for this, he thinks to himself.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2008-09-10 at 06:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Dalam Tashal: The Senate

Dalam sighs. Maybe control of the entire world wasn't the cruelest evil after all. This Bureaucracy surely was far more sinister then she herself.

"Very well. We the Va'Tari shall await your...letter. Untill then. Do keep safe"

And with that, the five simply fade into the air
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

*The Void: Icedrift*

Lossethir rises from his feinting couch (carved of ice) and waves to Khakom as he approaches. He had been in the middle of devising a new game of chance that would employ a greater degree of strategy, say...simply bouncing dice off a wall and wagering on the result. There were fifty two cards, each with a rank from one to thirteen (for nor rhyme or reason than he thought it a nice prime number) and divided between four suits, one for each seasons - each bore the symbol of a snowflake, a clover, an eight pointed sun and an autumn leaf.

Four of the Valkyries sat nearby with small piles of gold at hand...each concentrating very hard and trying to figure out the new game. After all, employing deceit to win at a simple game was a very new concept; it's not like someone can lie about the position of their stones when playing Go. Of course, Lossethir thought his creation far superior to all the grids and stones and figurines and dice in the world.

"You've spoken with Klik'chak." he says simply and matter-of-factly as Khakom comes within range.