New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coronations

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coronations

Johan

'Jinthar' mumbles some arcane-sounding words and waves his arm around mystically, summoning a Phantom Steed, so he can get a better view. He doesn't particularly care if this pushes nearby people away or not.

((20/21 Inspiration Points remaining))
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

In a quiet , somewhat croaky voice that somehow carries to your ears regardless of where around the great square you are standing the priest begins .

"On this day we shall confirm that Carlina daughter of Morton V , is the rightful heir to the throne of Makebele , all other claimants will be put aside and the true queen will rule , she will take responsability for all law for the benfit of all the people of the realm .
    We gather here today to ask the Gods to guide her in all that she does in the name of each of us. To lead this land to a fertile and protective future and to watch over all of our children .
    May she lead us to prosperity and may we all be blessed to be lead by her . "

"Please bring forth the heir "

With this the huge temple doors swing open , standing in the entrance is Princess Carlina,,she wears a simple gown of gold and purple and her long black hair is worn high upon her head, she is elegantly beutiful and looks to be in her late twenties .Behind her stands her husband Gregan and her young son Marix .

She steps forward and some memembers of the crowd cheer , but others are less enthusiastic , there are even a few shouts of "Morton the Sixth" and "Shame"

Then with little warning all hell breaks lose .

Suddenly from 3 seperate tents in the square 3 huge beasts errupt into the square , each is a huge Elephant like creature clad in gleaming black metal with furious red eyes and long razorsharp golden tusks . They storm into the square crushing the crowd as they go .
    Almost simultaneously a crossbow bolt flies through the air towards the princess , somehow Gregan reacts quickly enough to push the would be queen out of the way . Finally the fat gentleman and his equally fat wife undergo a somewhat unexpected change , there body quickly growing to the size of a large ogre and their skin tinting heavily to red , horns sprout from there fat extended heads as they laugh gleefully ,huge wings spring from their backs and they leap forward towards the would be queen .

Inititives (mods to be added )

(1d20)[20]elephant things
    (1d20)[9]assasin
    (1d20)[2]devil/demon?
    (1d20)[20]various NPCs
    (1d20)[8]denn
    (1d20)[20]sreth
    (1d20)[12]johan
    (1d20)[18]gor
    (1d20)[8]serena
    (1d20)[9]kharas

Ill put a map up later when i have a real computer .

the square is about 500ft by 500ft dimension wise , 2 of you are at the front and the rest near the back
    Last edited by tophat; 2008-09-12 at 08:10 AM.
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sreth

Sreth quickly shouts to the men "Squad 1, to the princess! Squad 2 and three get these people out of here! He steps into the throng chanting andpointing four times with his staff. A pillar of flames seems to form in the sky for a moment before breaking apart into four separate blocks of flame. Sreth walks quickly toward the center of the square, shouldering panicking people out of his way.

Spoiler
    Show

AC:22/27 for ranged
    HP: 78

Casting Defensively = auto success with base +22 modifier

Casting a Sculpted Flame Strike (6th level slot) using the Sudden Empower to boost it. Ref DC:25 for half damage. 1/2 is fire, the other 1/2 is holy. Damage (13d6)[48] x1.5 = 72 total damage (36 fire/36 holy) per target.

Targetting the 3 elephants each with 1 10x10 cube of pain, centered 6 feet above the ground so as to not hit any civilians.

Move 30ft toward the center of the podium.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-09-12 at 09:45 AM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Johan

((Before I start, I just checked the cast time of Phantom Steed, it is 10 mins, so I wouldn't of summoned it before the fight broke out.))

Jinthar curses and casts Fly, propelling himself swiftly to the skies. He moves rapidly toward the entrance to the temple. "Peasants, merchants, soldiers! Rally to the princess, or flee like the craven dogs you may be! FOR THE CROWN!"

(Apparently Jinthar is a patriot.)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Gor

Taking advantage of his position, Gor bounds towards the princess, drawing his greatsword and taking a defiant stand in between the nobles and the oncoming foes. He says nothing to Carlina or her family, nor to the encroaching guards. He simply lifts his sword and smiles somewhat sardonically.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gor assumes the Stonefoot stance, giving him a +2 AC and +2 to Strength Checks vs anything larger than he is. He casts Divine Power on himself and prepares to do battle.

AC: 26 (28 vs large creatures)
    HP: 94 +10 temporary HP
    Buffs: Divine Insight, Bestow Curse (charged to unarmed strike), Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon (unarmed)
    Buffed BaB +13/+8/+2
    Buffed STR: 24
    Attack Bonus: Greatsword: +24/+19/+14
    Unarmed Strike: +22/+17/+12

Standing on the steps of the temple, his body resembles the unmovable might of a mountain. His face is resolute and unafraid. Should the guards approaching the princess try to forcibly remove him from his charge (the royals), he will most likely end them. If they try to lead them back into the temple away from the fight Gor will remain to ensure that none follow. He mutters quietly to himself a prayer to the Ruby Sorceress and recalls the promise he made to his wife-- that he would return home alive.
    Last edited by ocato; 2008-09-12 at 01:48 PM.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

6. - Top - End - #36

PirateCaptain

Serena (and Kharas)

"It appears our debate will need to be tabled until another time, for the Seer of Istus' visions were true." She turns to Kharas and says, "Make sure he (pointing at Denn) is safe." She then says a quick word of prayer and a shimmering glow surrounds her. She then leaps into the air and her cloak billows out as she is born aloft - flying towards the elephants on her way to help with the princess. Her pack then leaves her back and strangely seems to hover near her side as if waiting for something.

Kharas nods and draws his scimitar and takes a defensive stance next to Denn. He looks ready for action if something unwanted comes near.

ooc:

Spoiler
    Show

Serena casts shield of faith on herself and takes wing as her animated shield then begins to protect her. Her club (scepter) is in her hands and she is focusing on the elephants right now.

Illusion bypass save if needed: (1d20+26)[45].

Otherwise, she should know if there are invisible riders or magical auras about them.

Kharas is readying an action to move to intercept and strike at anyone who would pose a threat to Denn.

Attacks if needed:
    attack1 - (1d20+17)[28] for damage1 - (1d6+4)[8]
    attack1 - (1d20+12)[28] for damage1 - (1d6+4)[7]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Serena
    +2 INIT
    38 AC; 109 HP (126 w/Temp. HP)
    Fort +18, Ref +15, Will +26 (Immune to enchantment (charms) + Will save to pierce illusions)
    Listen/Spot: +7/+19

Current Spells

contingency: heal
    disguise self: noble appearance with no discernable equipment
    arcane sight
    see invisibility
    tongues
    holy star = spell turning
    divine power = +6 STR (enhance), BAB +13/+8/+5, +17 temp. hit points
    L. holy transformation = +2 STR/CON (sacred), +2 saves (sacred), fly 60' (good), darkvision, speak/understand celestial
    delay poison
    Greater Magic Weapon (club) = +4 attack/damage (enhance)
    Magic Vestment (clothing) = +4 AC (armor)
    Magic Vestment (shield) = +4 AC (armor on shield)
    Energy Immunity: Fire
    Energy Immunity: Electricity
    Energy Immunity: Acid
    Energy Immunity: Cold
    Recitation = +3 (luck) bonus to AC, attacks, and saves
    Gr. Resistance = +3 (resist) to saves
    Shield of Faith = +4 (deflection) to AC; 13 minutes

Kharas
    +8 INIT
    37 AC; 45 HP; 6 mirror images
    DR 10/cold or evil
    immune to electricity and petrification
    resistance to cold 10
    resistance to fire 10

SR 17
    Fort +14, Ref +15, Will +13
    Listen/Spot +13
    darkvision and low-light vision

Current Spells

delay poison
    tongues
    Magic Vestment (chain shirt) = +4 AC (armor)
    blur: 20% miss chance
    mirror image: 1d4+2 images

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Completely changed my action after seeing the map. It would take 7 or 8 rounds of full out running for Denn to reach the temple steps,and the devils are way out of range. He'll have to leave that to someone else.

Denn nods at Kharas as Serena takes to the air. "Thank you, let us go deal with that metal beast," he says somewhat sadly, pointing at the elephant to his right."But first, let me try to contain this other one..."

Denn faces the elephant directly to his south and makes a circular gesture in the air while chanting. A wall of whirling blades 20' high and with a 15' radius centered on the elephant materializes. Denn says a quick prayer for the unfortunate souls that were trapped within the barrier with the elephant. He then turns an runs toward the nearer elephant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blade Barrier cast circling the middle (north to south) elephant. Hopefully it will stay contained; if not, it will take 13d6 slashing damage passing through the barrier. Then 20' move towards the top elephant. Farther if you'll let me have it, since I'm not moving tactically at that point, but as far as I can tell from the PHB, I can only move my speed if I did anything else in the round. I assume Kharas will manage to stay with me when I move since he didn't actually move on his turn and no doubt moves faster than me.
    Last edited by lukfugl; 2008-09-13 at 11:20 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Elephants plow on forwards , trampling and smashing as they go , people attempt to jump out of the way , some manage to jump clear only to be trampled by the crowd as people flee in panic others are hurled through the crowd , a few faster or luckier types manage to get away unscathed but its getting messy fast . Huge flaming cubes try to smite the mammoth beasts , and scorch marks run over there bodies but all continue moving on

On the temple plateux Gregan scoops up his son and turns his back to the direction of where the crossbow bolt came from and shepards his wife back towards the temple .

Serval nobles draw weapons and swing at the demon beasts , although the nobles mainly go unharmed . Other nobles run up the stairs or disperse in all directions trying to get to safety and a few of the better paid bodyguards spring into action to protect there employers . The temple guard begin to shut the temple doors .

The aged priest steps back and begins an incantation .

Another crossbow bolt wizzes through the air , this one smacks into the back of Gregan , who stumbles forward and nearly collapses .

The demon beasts jump forward and smack head first into some kind of invisible barricade at the top of the temple stairs , they both howl in anger and try desperatly to push forward to no avail .

The aged priest completes his incantation and a well muscled dog headed humanoid appears . The priest points at the queen and says a word in the celestial tongue and the Archon moves to protect the Queen .
    Last edited by tophat; 2008-09-15 at 06:08 AM.
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

9. - Top - End - #39

Sreth

Sreth still moves toward the center muttering and chanting as he goes.
    Again four flaming cubes decend from a single pillar of flame that breaks apart smiting the enemy. He ducks through the crowds moving to stay clear of innocents shouting Clear the area!

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Sculpted Flame Strike again, utilizing the Residual magic Feat to carry over the Sudden Empower. Targetting two of the elephants and one cube each on the demons. (13d6)[39] + (x1.5) +2 (forgot my edge last time) = 60 points (30 fire/30 untyped, DC is the same as before)

SR Checks
    Elephant (1d20+13)[32]
    Elephant (1d20+13)[24]
    Demon 1 (1d20+13)[33]
    Demon 2 (1d20+13)[18]
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-09-15 at 06:13 AM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

10. - Top - End - #40

PirateCaptain

Serena (and Kharas)

Kharas seven blurry desert knights mirror Denn's movements, staying in a guarding position of the Holy Seer. They keeps their shields up and scimitars at the ready.

ooc: same actions as before

Serena chants another divine song and enhants her club with holy might to better face the pachidemons. She then flies into their path shouting above the din of panic and battle, "Continue to drop your spells upon this area, for the elements will not harm me."

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

cast align weapon on club and fly into path mammoths are taking for an attack of opportunity. Serena wants to be above them just enough to not be trampled.

AoO - (1d20+25)[40]
    Damage - (1d6+12)[13]

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show

Serena
    +2 INIT
    38 AC; 109 HP (126 w/Temp. HP)
    Fort +18, Ref +15, Will +26 (Immune to enchantment (charms) + Will save to pierce illusions)
    Listen/Spot: +7/+19

Current Spells

contingency: heal
    align weapon: 13 minutes (good)
    disguise self: noble appearance with no discernable equipment
    arcane sight
    see invisibility
    tongues
    holy star = spell turning
    divine power = +6 STR (enhance), BAB +13/+8/+5, +17 temp. hit points
    L. holy transformation = +2 STR/CON (sacred), +2 saves (sacred), fly 60' (good), darkvision, speak/understand celestial
    delay poison
    Greater Magic Weapon (club) = +4 attack/damage (enhance)
    Magic Vestment (clothing) = +4 AC (armor)
    Energy Immunity: Fire
    Energy Immunity: Electricity
    Energy Immunity: Acid
    Energy Immunity: Cold
    Shield of Faith = +4 (deflection) to AC; 13 minutes

Kharas
    +8 INIT
    37 AC; 45 HP; 6 mirror images
    DR 10/cold or evil
    immune to electricity and petrification
    resistance to cold 10
    resistance to fire 10

SR 17
    Fort +14, Ref +15, Will +13
    Listen/Spot +13
    darkvision and low-light vision

Current Spells

delay poison
    tongues
    Magic Vestment (chain shirt) = +4 AC (armor)
    blur: 20% miss chance
    mirror image: 1d4+2 images

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Gor

Gor smiles as the priest blocks the approach of the demons and turns to follow the princess and her family. If he isn't allowed passage he will show his holy symbol and declare

"This woman is in the protection of the Ruby Sorceress, failure to admit me to accompany her will result in bloodshed, as the Witch Goddess has foretold. I am Gor Gravoniak, and I have sworn to protect her. Let me pass!"
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Johan

'Jinthar' continues flying towards the temple (60ft), while casting the Fox's Cunning spell on himself.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Denn continues to run as fast as he can towards the nearest pachidemon.

OOC: That's a great word. :) If Denn can get within 55' of the north mammoth and still have a standard action... (otherwise he just runs as fast as he can for the full round)

Once within range, Denn halts and begins the chant and gesture at the mammoth, calling on the power of Istus. The holy symbol on his belt begins to glow and then a flash of light bursts forth and envelops the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dismissal, DC 34 - the mammoth's HD. Success forces the mammoth off our plane; 80% chance of sending it to its own plane, 20% chance it goes to some other random plane.

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateCaptain

Kharas

Kharas keeps pace with Denn, and stands firm in front of the cleric - providing a level of protection that would prevent any to get close to him without feeling the slice of his scimitar.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw