New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Songs of Lothlorien IC

ALL

Smelkie goes outside and quickly returns with a handful of berries. Nothing else happens in the meantime, the place is quiet.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Seeing Smelkie return from foraging, Tathar quickly gathers up the berries and casts Goodberry on them.

"Stockard needs more healing, I'll give him the majority of the berries." Tathar says giving 4 berries to Stockard and 1 to Tori.

"This should help you out a little."

[OOC - Spell Roll] 2d4=5
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-21 at 07:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

RedWizardGuy

All

Stockard and Tori both eat the berries given to them. Within seconds both look much better, Stockard's wound has even closed up mostly, and they look well-rested.
    Everyone now standing the party continues on downwards. After taking the corner to the left the stairs continue down, gradually growing even wider until they are wide enough for all five of you to walk next to each other, should you wish to do so.

After going down another 40 steps like that, the stairs end at a large gate. At the center of the arch, looming over you heads, four words from an unknown language are engraved in the stone.
    Immediately behind the gate, is a T-section hallway, if you glimpse around the corners, both corridors look identical.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Finally down, and no traps spotted, the little halfer finds himself getting more and more excited as the smell of old and undiscovered reaches his nostrils. Looking up he spots a text which he tries to decipher.

Hmm i think there's a center room down here, surrounded by a hallway. Entrance must be around here somewhere. I'd better keep watching for traps, if Amd was correct. Perhaps i'll find a hidden door somewhere in the proces..

"Shall we make a right turn and see if the wall we see is a center room? I'll take the lead checking for traps and hidden doors. Perhaps you can detect if there's any more magic down here Amd"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"Thank you Tathar, you've come to my aid once more. Before we barge in, I think we should discuss walking order again. I feel we were unlucky to have been snuck up on last time, and Tori should still be in the front. Once he engages the enemy I can try to go in and help bring them down. As far as picking a direction. I have absolutely no idea. It might help if we could read these words. My good Wizard, can you make any sense of this?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Following behind the Halfling, Tori trusts his companions sense enough not to walk them into danger.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Siding behind Tori Tathar motions for Amd to walk along side him leaving Stockard at the rear.

"We need someone strong at the back, and this way I can keep an eye on Stockard, make sure he is healing ok." Also, lets just follow the path Smelkie suggest, I think it best to stick together, at least or now until these two are back to full health."

"Were you able to decipher those symbols at all Smelkie? It just looks like a bunch of jibberish to me."
    Tathar trails off as his attention is diverted to Apricot.

I'm glad to have Apricot along, such loyalty is hard to find these days, I hardly think this group will remain loyal the whole time. I guess we are all in it for the money though not each other...
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-22 at 09:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

RedWizardGuy

Smelkie

You study the words for a few minutes, trying to figure out patterns and such that might give away their lost meaning. You think they might say something along the lines of "Here lie the 'eldest'", but you're not sure, in particular about the last word.

All

Having decided to go right, Smelkie leads the way searching for traps wherever he goes. Unfortunately after walking twenty feet, Tathar's Light spell suddenly ends and everything goes dark...

9. - Top - End - #69

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

"Well Tathar the sign said something like: 'Here lies the 'eldest'. I thought those skeletons were very old already, but aparantly theres something older down here. I wonder if he had anything to do with missing livestock, but who knows. Might be someone offering...."

As the party makes a turn right, the lightspell suddenly stops.

"Shhh, Hold still and dont move while i try to make some light here", Smelkie whispers. "Dont make any sound, so we can hear something approaching."

He reaches for his backpack and gets out his lantern, oil, flint and steel. He tries pouring the oil in the lantern and lighting it up.

Dexterity check (1d20+4=5)
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-09-22 at 10:06 AM. Reason: TYPO

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

Smelkie

Standing in pitch-black darkness, Smelkie starts fumbling in his backpack, trying to get out his lantern, oil and flint and steel. After some strange postures, he finally manages to get it all out. Quickly he tries to pour the oil into the lantern, his flint and steel clamped down under his arms, only to notice a wetness touching his feet a few moments later. Cursing he adjusts his aim, getting the remainder into the lantern, then tries to put the flask away, but as he does, the steel drops down on the floor, causing a minute spark...

All

You stand stumbling in the dark for a moment, when Smelkie calls out saying he will create light this time. You hear him fumbling around, followed by some cursing a few moments later and the smell of oil fills the corridor.
    Then there is a soft whooshing sound and the room is filled with light. Unfortunately the light doesn't come from any lantern or torch, instead Smelkie's feet and front legs seem to be burning.

[OOC:
    1 Fire damage to Smelkie. Damage will continue until fire is put out or Smelkie dies, whichever comes first :P]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

"Amd Minyatur

Shouting to Smelkie a little amused

"Stop , drop and roll"

Amd throws his wool shirt around Smelkie's feet and extinguishes the fire .
    A little ironic :

"You owe me shirt"
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-09-22 at 12:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"Wow, that was quite the event. I am sorry that had to happen to you Smelkie, seems my luck has become yours. Hopefully this luck leaves our party as soon as possible, or else I should think we will be unable to survive day one. "

"I would also like to discuss the words Smelkie deciphered from the gate. It may seem straight forward to you all, but I would think it has cause for discussion. "Here lie the 'eldest," to my first thought would mean a place for the eldest to lie, most likely of some royal tomb. However, with eldest being a word we aren't positive about, what else could it mean? Possibilities may be just someone who is old living here, maybe the undead, maybe even someone eternal, I don't know. What do you guys think? Will we be accompanied by many more skeletons down here? Also if we all think it may mean more skeletons, we should discuss what the most effective way to kill them might be. "

Stockard also takes extra note to remember the right turn they made, in case they need to get back up in a hurry.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"I think I'll take care of the light from now on if you don't mind Smelkie." Tathar says chuckling to himself.

"I'd agree Stockard that the words would mean a tomb, let's just not touch anything this time.
    Also, from what I saw from Tori, the best way to defeat those skeletons was to just cut of their heads. I guess the magic worked as well but it definitely tired Amd out.
    Come on everyone, let's keep going anyway."
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-23 at 12:23 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Myniatur

"Ok , what ever the eldest is reffering to , we where payed to do this job and we will do it . Let's press on .Let's get into formation . Smelike and Tori first then me and Tathar then Stockard . Agreed ?"
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-09-23 at 12:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

"AAAAARGHH, SOMEONE HELP!" Smelkie jumps up and down trying to extinguish the fire. Luckily Amd is quick to wrap his shirt around Smelkies feet. And after everything is calmed down, with a little smile on his face he says "My feet were killing me.. they still hurt though. I did manage to lit my lantern however, so mission succesfull I'd say"

After listening to what Stockard has to say Smelkie realises that the only effective way to kill those undead was by slashing them to bits. Using a piercing weapon on bones isn't the way to slay the undead.

"It seems i can't be of any real help may we encounter more undead creatures, since i only posses piercing weapons. I dont know if any of you can lend me another type of weapon?"

After things are talked over Smelkie follows Amds proposal and takes the lead further down the hallway, holding his lantern up and checking for traps and hidden doors as well.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Turning at the abrupt commotion Tori sees hes compatriots shouting at the halfing who has managed to singe his feet quite badly. All in all we have light and hopefully the ruckus does not attract more of those skeletons or what ever brought the from the grave.

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

All

After all the commotion has died down, the group continues on their epic quest. Upon taking the corner to the left you see a rotting old wooden door ahead of you. Looking closer you notice what's left of the door is barely hanging from its hinges. After searching for any traps, Smelkie notices the door has been opened recently, he doesn't find any traps though.

Now assured it is safe, Smelkie carefully pushes the door open outwards, just enough for him to squeeze through first. Holding his lantern up, he sees he is in a medium-sized room that appears to be completely empty except for 3 sepulchres on each side, with a large coffin inside each of them. Above the entrances to these sepulchres is a small golden plate on the wall, with something inscribed in it. Your first guess would be the name of the person buried there.

The coffins are made of granite stone and appear to all be intact upon first glance. There are no doors in this room.

Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-09-24 at 05:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

upon entering into the room 6 coffins carry out their eternal slumber. Nothing moves, all that is heard is the breathing that is friends make. with his voice barely audible he whispers to the party. "we need to check out each tomb carefully, look closely and dont set off any traps. somebody opened that door and it would be detrimental to think they have left". Tori waits for smelkie to check for traps.
    Last edited by shads; 2008-09-24 at 06:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

"Agreed ... Let's inspect the coffins"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"Come back here Apricot!" Tathar shouts noticing Apricot make a dash for the corner of the room.
    "It's probably just a stinking rat. Leave the poor thing be."

Tathar runs off to the corner after Apricot.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-25 at 03:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Leading the group safely down the hallway the party stumbles upon a door. After a decent inspection, Smelkie decides to open it up and take a step inside.
    The room radiates dead with those six coffins carefully placed for someone's final resting place... well final is still to be determined on according to Smelkie.

Before he could do a decent search for trap in the room and asking if Amd could detect if there's any magic present, Tathar's pet runs for a corner.

Last time he was scared, he also made a warning... I wonder if we're in trouble again.

"Stay close Tathar, I didn't check for traps there yet. Be alert all, last time Apricot was in the picture he also warned up for danger."
    Smelkie follows after Tathar to see whats up with his pet.
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-09-25 at 04:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"You're right Smelkie. I'd advise we stick together right now. Having that animal around may prove to be more useful than I thought"

Though Stockard was feeling a little better than he did after the last encounter with the skeletons, he was still quite nervous about doing battle with anything soon. I really hope there are no undead in this room. I know I am not at full health, and I am not really sure how to engage in combat without getting hurt much. Hopefully I can go in after Tori and they will be focused on him.

23. - Top - End - #83

RedWizardGuy

All

Smelkie stands in the room when suddenly apricot dashes between his legs and runs to the far right corner, disappearing behind the coffin. Tathar, worried for the safety of his friend, rushes after her with Smelkie on his tails. Fortunately neither of them seem to set off any traps and they make it safely there.

Standing close to the coffin now, Smelkie notices a sculpture of an old man is engraved on the lid of the coffin, a large sword (also engraved, not an actual sword) rests in his hands. Suddenly tathar sees something and gestures for Smelkie to move his light higher. Both men peering intently into the sepulcher suddenly notice part of the wall at the deep end of the sepulcher seems to be missing, creating a hole. It would appear Apricot went through it. Unfortunately because the coffin blocks most of the entrance, only something as small as Apricot or Smelkie could squeeze through.

24. - Top - End - #84

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

As both notice Apricot disappeared, Smelkie calls the whole gang together to see if they can move the coffin. But as it is not very likely he'll wait for the others to make a light of their own, before squeezing through the gap following Apricot into the unknown.
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-09-26 at 02:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"Drat! Apricot! Get back here at once!" Tathar calls into the hole but all to no avail, Apricot does not return.

"Quickly, Go in after her, we will continue to explore around this room and try and find another way in, there has to be some sort of switch. If you get into trouble get back here as fast as you can. wishing him a safe return.
    Oh, before you go Smelkie can you light my lamp? I have forgotton to bring my flint along with me. Either that or someone stole it."
    Tathar gets out his lamp and attempts to pour oil in it.

Tathar gets looking for magical enscriptions on the tombstones while waiting for the others to get ready to attempt to move the tombstones.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-09-26 at 09:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Amd calls to the others
    "Let's try to moove the coffin . Smelkie ,don't leave yet because we need all the help we can get ..."
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-09-27 at 09:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"I do not think it would be a good idea to move a coffin. Call me superstitious, but the last time we disturbed the undead, they did not take very kindly to us, me specifically. I think we should send in Smelkie with a lantern to look around. "

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd

"And let him face whatever is in there alone . I disagree ..."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

"I agree we need to help our allies"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"How exactly do you propose we do that Tori? Care to expand slightly on your answer? There has to be another way in besides that hole, Smelkie needs to go in quickly or he risks losing sight of Apricot. Whatever she's found I don't think Smelkie will be able to find it on his own."