New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Songs of Lothlorien IC

Stockard

Before having left the initial conversation, Stockard lets Layla know that he prefers to focus on hand to hand combat, though so far, he has not had a chance to test himself against a worthy foe. He also states that he would prefer to walk third or fourth in the line, as he has no way of dealing ranged damage.

"Smelkie, let me know how you feel about this, as I trust you can be stealthy, and I can too. I could sneak up with you and we could be sure to kill him instantly, though I realize that with two of us, his chance of waking up is greater. However, if he wakes up before you get there or if you somehow fail to kill him in one attack, you might be in trouble."

I don't know how everyone will feel about this, but I want to help in some way other than being another person to take a blow from our enemies. I would hate for something bad to happen to Smelkie while I think I can help him.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

[OOC] my post dissapeared :@ [/OOC]

Layla

Frowning rather oddly at Tori's question about her past while all hell is about to break lose... Layla decides to ignore him for now, and focus on the problem ahead.

Responding to Stockard in a low wisper she adds: "Well, if you are sure you are good enough in sneaking softly? I for one didnt even know Smelkie was here untill he warned us of the trap at the stream, so i know he is good at sneaking softly and unseen. And besides that, he is so small and light waight, he might not trip any traps overthere that are based on pressure. I believe he has best chance of pulling this off. Maybe you can just sneak along till about half way? That way, low risk of tripping traps or waking the gnome, but you will be closeby incase anything happends."

While wispering, Layla peeks around the corner between sentences to check the sleeping goblin. As long as i dun have to do the sneaking... I could wake the dead...
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-09 at 05:03 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Whispering to Smelkie

" Be shure to kill it , because if you don't you might end up on the wrong end of a goblin's sword . Now make haste"
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-09 at 07:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Seeing Smelkie stop suddenly at the edge of the water Tathar is surprised when he doesn't jump over it but decides to wade through it instead.
    He is about to yell out when Smelkie points at the moss on the other side which covers a pit of spikes.

As they round the corner Tathar is informed of a goblin that is sleeping nearby and says in a hushed voice "That reminds me everyone, I did notice goblin tracks earlier, they were at least a month or so old and then we met this, this Layla person Scoffing Tathar continues and it must have slipped my mind. I also noticed a few other tracks, however I was unable to Identify them. They were of a creature much bigger than a goblin though."

"Now that you know about these tracks" Tathar says, continuing his hushed voice. "Think it best if Stockard or someone go with you smelkie, who knows what you might encounter closeby that sleeping goblin. Apricot and I will gladly go with you if that's what the group decides as best."
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-09 at 08:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Hearing the others about his plan, still whispering he proposes the following.
    "Listen, i'm very well trained in moving silently and since the ground is full of moss its very unlikely that goblin will hear me. The only thing that im worried about are possible friend that are around. Hence i prefer to go alone, sneak up right next to him and give him a fatal shot with my bow from close-by. In the process of sneaking upon him i can check for traps and other possible goblins around. You guys just keep your eyen and ears open."

Finishing his sentence, Smelkie readies his bow and arrow and starts moving slowly towards the site where the goblin is sleeping watching his every step.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Hearing Smelkies preply before he walks off, Layla nods once and pushes her cloak back from her shoulders, as to have all the space needed for fight or flight. Steady.... steady... Man i so hope this isnt the trap i think it is...
    Then she stands ready, sword in hand, but keeping it behind the wall to keep its glow from spreading, praying to her goddes.

As she watches Smelkie walk off, and takes another good look at the soundly sleeping goblin Layla suddenly blink and stands up straight. Wispering urgently she says: " Smelkie! Smelkie come back! Guys, wait, what if this sleepign goblin is innocent? It's not doing anything dangerous now... Its just sleeping. What if its just trapped here somehow? Maybe we should capture it insted of kill it! Smelkie!

Quickly Layla mentaly goes trough the spells she knows, trying to think of a way to get Smelkie to come back if he doesnt hear her. Not able to think up anything usefull she looks around for a small peddle. If she sees one, she will pick it up, and aim it at smelkie's back if she's not stopped by the rest. Gods, i do hope this last idea i had is right... Or the rest will kick me out of the party before i'm actially in it... Why cant things ever be easy?
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-10 at 05:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"Layla! What are you doing?!" Tathar hisses at Layla.
    "What if the goblin isn't innocent? then we let it live and soon we have a whole pack of them on us. You should know as well the rest of us that goblins never travel alone, there is always 2 or 3 at least."

With that Tathar takes another quick glance around the room and seeing no movement he kneels down and strokes Apricot's fur.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

"What if it is though... I do not want to kill a innocent.. This goblin sofar is completly harmless, if we catch it without killing, we might just be able to question it.... Oh i dont know... But i just cannot stand the thought of killing a innocent for no better reason then that it MIGHT not be... that is just wrong, and would in fact make us the evil ones...

All of this is still said in a wisper, but Layla looks and sounds confused. She seems honestly concerned with killing a innocent.

9. - Top - End - #129

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

There seems so hassle going on at the party, but Smelkie just ignores it. Keeping focussed on his surroundings. As long as they dont make too much noise and wake the goblin up.

Thinking that he searches for places to hide
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-10-10 at 02:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

In a ferm but whispered tone

"ENOUGH !!!!You silly girl ! you could get us all killed . WHERE DID YOU GROW UP ? IN AN IVORY TOWER ?!? Goblins are never INNOCENT ! If you try to tell me otherwise , i invite you to come see what the goblins and orcs have done to my family ! THEY SLAUGHTERED THEM ALL ! Every man , woman and CHILD ! BAH ! Silly humans , so young , yet so arrogant . They presume to know it all ! It"s the order of the world , good versus evil . They are evil , brought on this world only for destruction and chaos . If you think they are innocent , try telling that to my father , my mother and my brother who where killed and eaten by those savage beasts ! Now Smelkie , go kill it or I will ! ..."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Stockard, too, does his very best to keep his voice down, "I cant help but agree with Amd. What type of creature would find rest out in the open of a mysterious mausoleum such as this. I know it is an assumption, but I just wouldn't think that someone could find rest like that if they were in the home of their enemy."

I do hope that assumption is correct. Killing when it isn't necessary is not something that would sit well with me, but I fear if we don't dispose of our foes now, it may end up worse for us in the end.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Layla shrugs helplessly "Guys, dont get mad... I know very well goblins are usially not the most friendly creatures... But i do feel it is mostly. Amd, it is awfull that your femelie was killed, it really is. But just like not all humand and elves are good, not all goblins are nesseseraly evil. Though, i do admit most probebly are. "

Who does he think i am? Some little child? him beeing older doesnt make him right damnit! I have seen more then my fair share of horrors... Every healer has.

Taking a deep breath, and standing up a little straighter again Layla goes in still, in a wisper;"As Smelkie seems to go on there is not much i can do about this without endangering more then just myself. But do know, i swore to protect the weak, the innocent, women and children, and i will! From anyone or anything! Beeing in mortal danger will not change that!"

Layla looks now rather flushed and insulted, but she is keeping her ground, and even trough her speech, she keeps checking on Smelkie and the gnome.

"Oh, and Amd? In the monstary where i was trained, one of the best healers we had was a Orc, and she worked herself into exhaustion to save children from plague just like we all did. She died trying to get 2 elven children from a burning house. The children lived, she did not."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

After staying quite for a few minutes Tori decides to speak up. Torture, we need information on why a goblin is down here. He will not talk and most like run the other way or to our waiting blades. Id be willing to do it, with the help of one other. If you are weak at heart I will suggest that you try to cover your ears his screams will reach the heavens. back in me ole home in thee mountains we tortured all the time, its a part of life.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Smelkie

Ignoring all the hassle behind, Smelkie tries to sneak towards the goblin, when suddenly he misplaces his foot and puts it down on some very small pieces of stone on the ground, grinding them across the cave floor. The sound, while probably not being all the loud really, sounds to Smelkie like an explosion went off.

Then the goblin makes some grunting noises and opens it's eyes. First it blinks, looking confused for a moment, then the eyes focus on you, then on the bow in your hands. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH", it screams, then cowers against the wall, holding its hands over its face to protect itself while mumbling in a language you can't understand, terror radiating from it's eyes.

Everybody else

While you all stand around the corner, arguing about what to do with the goblin, the argument is suddenly broken off by a loud scream of terror, followed by unintelligible mumbling.

[OOC:
    Smelkie, if you wish to attack the Goblin anyways, make the attack roll in your post, as well as the damage roll, I will then tell you if it was succesful in my post (lets face it, its 99% likely to be succesful, but lets be thorough here please).
    Tori/Shads: Since torture is apparently a common practice and pasttime amongst your dwarf clan and something that you are quite experienced with, please change your allignment on your sheet to either Lawful Neutral, True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral.
    ]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

On hearing the terrified scream, Layla doesnt hesitate for a moment. In a flash she is around the corner shielding them from the vieuw of the sleeping goblin. Argument forgotten she runs as hard as she can, trying to reach the goblin before Smelkie takes the chance to kill it anyway. If she reaches the goblin in time, she will stand in front of it, and shield it with her body, sword at ready, and keeping a close eye on both Tori and Amd.
    If she's not in time, she will kneel down at the goblins side to see if she still has a chance at saving the small creatures life.
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-12 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Listening to the disputes taking place the whispering is suddenly broken by a loud wail coming from the direction of the Goblin and Smelkie.

"The goblin!" Tathar shouts. "It must have woken up."

Tathar spins around to look for Smelkie when he sees Layla rush off in that direction.
    "Layla! Where are you going?! Stop!" Tathar yells.

What on earth is that human doing now? She has seemed to be nothing but trouble since coming here. First she doesn't want to kill the goblin and now she's running to it presumably to attack it. Make up your mind lass.

Turning to Apricot Tathar says "Come Apricot, we may be needed shortly" and hurries after Layla.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

"Amd Minyatur"

Seing the events unfold before him , amd pauses and thninks to himself Of course it went wrong . This is one giant mess from the day it started .... After seing the human rush in twards the goblin Amd shrugs hoplessly and sighs . I should probably avoid trying to kill her ,the others will probably not aproove . But i swear , that girl gets my blood boiling. We're in for a loooooong journey ...
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-12 at 11:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

The moment the goblin awakes Smelkie is so pissed at himself, for not paying attention enough to the path but more to possible traps around him, he is able to turn the bow around and just shoot himself. That would be a silly thing to do though and the goblin is more of a threat now, along with possible others that very well may have heard his scree in these caves.

Looking at the goblin as it squeezes its body hard to the wall trying to protect himself Smelkie aims his bow and prepares to shoot. He tries to sense to what motives the goblin is down here, but the look in its eyes doesnt seem much promising... for the goblin that is.

Hearing Tathar yell, Smelkie looks over his shoulder seeing Layla rushing his way.
    Great.... so much for sneaking and making our way through these caves silently. I bet the whole goblingang knows we're down here now. I would have had more chance being in these caves alone or with one more, rather than a group of 6. Turning his head again glaring at the goblin Smelkie raises his bow and puts the arrow close to his eyes, so that the arrow and the goblins head form a straight line.

[OOC: If Smelkie feels the goblin is evil, he will shoot. If Layla is in time to protect the goblin i will hold my fire;
    after those rolls my thoughts are more like Smelkie has been scared by Layla actions that the bolt is way off target and barely hits, well something ]

Hit roll (1d20+6=18)
    Damage roll (1d8+1=2)
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-10-13 at 05:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Well this is all very interesting. At this point, I have no idea how the group feels about this goblin. How was it that we seem so indecisive and unprepared?

Knowing Smelkie might be in trouble, and being unaware of the Layla's exact intentions, Stockard follows her toward the goblin with plans of attack. the fact that he deals melee damage means that he must wait for her action before his can happen.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Gently rubbing his beard, Tori wearly looks at his companion Amd. Its okay my friend, shall we go see whats playing out? Tori notice the situation has intensified drastically, the small halfing has his bow out and is prepping to take aim and the new comer is running towards the goblin in a non aggressive stance. "is she really planning on stopping that bolt"? Tori moves over to smelkie with his shield and axe firmly gripped in case of more goblins appearing out of hidden side tunnels.
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-13 at 11:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

RedWizardGuy

All

Confusion is all around as things suddenly happen very fast. Smelkie, having his bow aimed at the whimpering goblin, gets distracted by Layla rushing in and lets his finger slip for one moment, releasing the string of his bow and shooting the arrow at the goblin. Fortunately for the goblin, the distraction also caused his aim to be off slightly and the arrow flies into it's right shoulder. It screams in pain and lies writhing in agony on the ground, clutching it's wounded soldier.

Layla is first to the goblin, rushing to it's side, soon followed by Stockard and then the others. With a lot of noise the whole group is standing around the wounded goblin, but there is no sign of traps or enemies anywhere.

[OOC:
    The only thing Smelkie gets from the goblin is fear.
    ]

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Layla bends over the wounded goblin, and talking quite nonsense to it, she takes a quick look at its wound. As she needs to hands for that, she lays down the sword by her side for now.
    "He needs care, keep a lookout for other goblins while i tend his wounds please."

As she noticed the light coming from the one lantarn she adds "Can i have the lantarn please? I need to heat my dagger."

Quickly she tears appart the goblins shirt to have full acces to the wound, and to use it as bandages. That done, as she prepares so break the arrow so she can remove it from the goblins shoulder she looks up. "Stockard, can you please hold the poor thing while i remove the arrow? I dont want to hurt it more then absoluutly nessisary."
    Layla tries to explain in movements and words to the goblin what she is about to do, trying to calm it down as she goes.

When and if Stockard holds the goblin, she will remove the arrow, and burn out the wound with her heated dagger. That done she binds the wound for now.

If someone tries to stop her, she pick her sword back up, and make ready to defend the poor goblin.

[OOC] healing +5 [/OOC]
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-13 at 02:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Unable to see the goblin because of Layla's positioning Tathar sees Smelkie fire an arrow. When he reaches the goblin Tathar notices that either Smelkie missed or was only trying to injure the creature.

"Did you mean to hit it in the shoulder Smelkie?" Tathar questions.

"Tori, Help me keep an eye out for anything else coming our way. That goblin is making a terrible noise. We may have company sooner than expected now." Tathar says to Tori pointing at the way in which he should keep watch. "Apricot and I will cover this side."

That foolish human. Tathar mutters, frowning at Layla. She's been nothing but trouble since arriving. Even before arriving she was shouting out in the tunnels. Does she just expect them to be empty? I wouldn't mind one bit if Smelkie put a bolt into her shoulder.
    I still wonder about that goblin, is it really evil? What are it's real motives for being down here?

[ooc - Sense Motive check - goblin]
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-15 at 05:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Complete shocked by the turn of events Tori is momentarily left speechless. Shaking the transpired events from his head he acknowledges Tathar with a wink and moves over to cover the other side of the groups parameter. Upon reaching this lookout area Tori lets a small whistle or a sign who knows. The events weigh heavily on his shoulders. At home in the mountain a goblin would be killed on sight or taken for questioning, but we are not at home and some may find that course of action offensive. I hope that nobody in the party gets hurt, we must stay together as one!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Boiling on the inside to Layla:

"Shut that goblin up or i will ... BOTH OF YOU !!!"
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-14 at 10:44 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

"Great, just great!" Smelkie says, getting more and more nervous by the minute. A small drop of sweat is already showing on his forehead caused by the whole situation.
    "What happened to the deal, where i would sneak and kill the goblin? So no Tathar, I did not mean to shoot it in the shoulder, I sneaked all the way to KILL it." He pauses for a second..
    "We could just as well send a horde of elephants through these caves to show our presence. If we plan on continuing this way im out of here, I do want to complete our quest, but I don't want to be killed in the proces. Shut that goblins mouth and find out what it's intentions are down here. Especially if there are any others around that can possibly help him. Tori, Tathar let us know as quickly as possible if we need to get rid of unwanted guests and someone, Lalya, stay with the goblin to make sure it wont backstab us."

Smelkie readies another bolt and makes his way closer to the goblin, aiming his crossbow at him to make sure the goblin shuts up.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

As Smelkie aims the crossbow back on the goblin, Layla turns so that she is in the way of a clear shot. She still talks softly to the goblin, of nothing inparticulair. While talking she indicates to it, she would like it to be quite, by cupping her ear with one hand, then covering it and holding one finger over her mouth.

Common guys, its not making much noise now, and it doesnt seem to be any threat. Not as much as we are in any case.

[OOC] we need to know if it shuts up and if my healing works before i can think up what els to say or do eli. [/OOC]
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-16 at 04:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Without even thinking, Stockard obliges to Layla's request, kneeling down beside the goblin and holding it. He has always been best at taking orders, after so many years as a young monk in the monastery.

Stockard has decided to try only as hard as he needs to hold the thing, so if the goblin is not trying to fight either he or Layla, he will not have to do much at all. He is, however, prepared to fully grapple with it so Layla can do what she needs.

I am nervous about this goblin yet. I almost regret following Layla's order so quickly, but I hope she knows what she is doing enough to give an order like that. The only reason I don't regret this is if I wasn't down here with the goblin, I would be standing with the others, awaiting whatever comes to find out what is making this racket.

29. - Top - End - #149

RedWizardGuy

All

The goblin goes mostly quiet after Layla finishes tending to it's wounds [OOC: Heal check of 21]. Layla also notices the goblin is a 'he' while treating him. When Stockard moves to hold it, it flinches at first, but does not resist except to look really frightened at Stockard.

Things are finally quiet again, Tori and Tathar standing watch while the others are just watching Layla and Stockard deal with the goblin. When suddenly and simultaneously Apricot starts growling softly in the direction further down the cave and the goblin starts shaking even more and lets out a soft squeaking sound, only to faint in Stockards arms a few moments later...

[OOC:
    Tathar discovers no evil or malevolent intentions from the goblin, it really is just scared and nothing more.
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-10-16 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

As the goblin faints, Layla takes off her cloak, and, taking it over from stockard, lays down the goblin on top of part of it, folding the rest over its little body.
    Then she gets up, sword in hand, and faces the direction the badger is growling in.

Without turning back to face Stockard she says "Stockard, i suggest you stay close to this little creature whatever happends, so you can calm it down or defend it, wichever is nessesary. I will try and keep danger at bay."

Adressing the rest "The goblin seemed scared of what is coming... Non the less, i suggest we dont just charge in, but wait and see if whatever is coming is actially a threat. If we stay put, we atleast know that there are no traps around, and we know the way back should we need to run."
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-16 at 04:50 PM.