New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Songs of Lothlorien IC

Stockard

With the burden of holding the goblin gone, Stockard perks his head in the exact same direction as Apricot is growling. He holds an open hand back at the rest of the party and squints down the tunnel, as if trying to concentrate. After a few moments he turns back to everyone and speaks.

"I can hear someone or something speaking down this tunnel and to the left. I am not sure of the exact distance, but I do know that it is not common. If Smelkie's vision is better than mine in the dark, I wouldn't have a problem with him peering around the corner to see what he can see. Otherwise we could wait a bit and see if it is coming this way. If not I feel we may have to go encounter it. "

Stockard stays with the goblin for the time being, as Layla has asked, though he does not really understand his purpose. She has already healed the creature, I don't now what more she wants out of it. I was unsure what to do with it, since I still don't know for sure if it might wake up and attack.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Tathar continues to keep watch glancing occaisionally towards Layla and the goblin to see how to process is coming along.
    Suddenly he hears Apricot growling and begin to walk away, eyes fixed firmly on the darkness.
    "Apricot stop!" Tathar commands, putting his hand on Apricots head. "I think we should just wait here for the moment girl. Might be best this time" Tathar says reassuringly to Apricot, stroking her fur while she still growls deeply.

"Everyone, I think we might have another battle on our hands, let's get ready to fight."

Seems that goblin was just a pawn in someone's master plan, I wonder who is his commander, and what he was even doing here. If only one of us could understand what he was saying.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Amd does nothing of consequence . He thinks about the new adition to the group and how she managed to complicate things

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Not quite to sure how to deal with the events unfolding in front of him, Tori wishes he brought his pipe along with him.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

The moment Apricot started growling, Smelkie knows things are not good, he turns his bow around into the darkness where danger is lurking. "Apricot warned us several times before of danger ahead and I don't believe this time it is gonna be any different. Stockard, Tori can best take a peek around the corner, since he has the best vision of us all in the darkness, but Tori please be carefull."

Damn that Layla, if she just had remained calm we wouldn't be in this mess. I hope this is all over soon, so we can go our seperate ways...

Waiting anxiously on what is about to come, the already nervous Smelkie starts having an even more accelerated heartrhytym. His eyes grow bigger as they are fully concentrated on the direction of danger.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

With a large sigh Tori realizes the merit behind his little companions request, gripping this axe firmly and holding his shield firmly to protect his side. Only a slight nod and a wink show that Tori will undertake the task at hand. Tathar please be ready to heal me I might need some medical attention depending on what I discover or it discovers me. quietly moving Tori makes his way to the corner focusing his eyes with hopes of identifying the racket and warning the party.

As he moves forward few sounds reach his ears; his breathing, the soft clunk of his boots and the flowing sound of mail armor moving with his body. Upon reaching the corner Tori.....
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-18 at 09:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tori

Tori moves slowly forwards and after a few moments, even before he reaches the corner, he too can hear the noise of 2 creatures talking to each other, their voices sound slightly high-pitched and throaty to him and an old memory of one of the stories his grandpa used to tell him when he was little flashes through his mind, but it is gone again before he can grasp it.

Suddenly the voices stop, as does the sound of their footsteps. Then one of them makes a loud snarling sound, almost like an animal, and Tori hears footsteps again, only this time they are loud and fast and he can already see light shining around the corner...

All except Tori

As Tori walks away, most of you have no problem hearing him and when a sudden loud snarl comes from around the corner, it is not hard to figure out what happened.

[OOC:
    You all have ONE round before the creatures are around the corner and you see them. Tori can rush back to the group, or the group can rush to Tori. The goblin is still unconscious as far as Stockard and Layla can tell.
    Tori: you are basically 15 ft away from the corner and 50 ft from the group. Keep in mind Tori can only move 40 ft in one round max!
    Lastly, all of you please remember this is a natural cave, meaning ground is rocky, slightly uneven, might have small puddles of water, etc.
    Good luck.
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-10-18 at 02:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

"Tori ! come twards us and we will come twards you . Let's regroup"

Amd starts heading for Tori , trying to join him half way
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-19 at 10:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

The noise Tori makes going toward the darkness makes Tathar wince.

Silly great fool, how is he suppose to hear anything above his great clattering about, he's making enough noise to wake the dead. (if they weren't already awake from the fuss Layla caused.)
    Tathar is about to say something more to Layla about the goblin when he hears a loud snarl coming from beyond Tori.
    "Hold on Tori." Tathar yells dashing off towards him. "We'll be right there."

"Leave that rotten creature and follow me Stockard. It's time to make yourself useful." Tathar says, half scoffing at the fact that Layla so easily persuaded Stockard to hold the goblin in the first place.

As Tathar rushes to Tori's aid, he notices Apricot in front of him.
    Either she really hates what is down there or she quite fancys Tori. Tathar says to himself, chuckling slightly at the thought of a badger and a dwarf being companions.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-19 at 03:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Without thinking twice, Tori turns and makes his best effort to get to the group. Little legs pumping hard he is able to cover a considerable distance between the corner + whatever and the rest of the party. What in the nine hells have we gotten into

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Uppon hearing the snarl from around the corner, Layla swirls back towards Stockard and the goblin
    "On second thought, common stockard! We better reach Tori before whatever just made that noise reaches us."

Before turning around and running towards Tori Laylamurmers some words, and suddenly a large amout of water appears out of nowhere just over the goblin. The water crashes down on the small uncontious creature and soaks it to the skin.

As Layla runs for Tori, cloak lying forgotten on the ground besides the wet goblin those near enough can hear her mumble to herself "I do hope that that was enough to wake it, so it can get itself to savety should we not make it.."

Doesnt that damned dwarf have brains? He's making enough noise to wake the dead, and he behaves like a barbarian!
    Layla does not look verry happy as she runs, still holding her sword.

[OOC] Layla casts Create Water over the goblin, standard action. And Ian, layla hasnt screamt :P [/OOC]
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-19 at 03:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"I am coming. I am not going to sit with this goblin all day long, as I think it will be fine now."

With the call for battle upon him, Stockard gets up and runs with the others to meet up with Tori. Finally a chance to prove myself. I know I am not at full health, so I must be careful. I might wait one moment before entering combat to see if the attackers can focus on someone else.

Stockard places himself a few feet back from the others, and off to the side a little. He hopes this will be his best chance to not attract attention immedietly.

13. - Top - End - #163

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Seeing the others move towards Tori and Tori rushing back, Smelkie doesnt hold back and heads towards the foes as well, but not staying in the middle of the path. He takes a route more to the edge of the cave, looking for a place out of the light so he can hide and possibly flank whatever comes from the darkness.

14. - Top - End - #164

RedWizardGuy

All

As Tori rushes back to his group, everyone else hurries towards him. Only the unconscious goblin remains behind. Within second you meet and Tori turns around again, ready to face whatever is following him...

Two large creatures come hurrying around the corner, but stop dead when they see you. Standing around 7 feet tall they appear to be a cross between a human and a hyena. They have gray skin and patches of matted fur cover their bodies. Their legs are hyena-like, but their arms look more human, with hands instead of claws on the end, including the opposable thumbs needed to handle the battleaxes they carry.
    Their heads look more like a hyena again, but the snout isn't as pronounced and their eyes gleam an intelligence generally not found in actual hyenas. Besides those battleaxes the one standing on the left carries a small lantern in his off-hand, while the other has a large shield.

Upon noticing you all, they sniff the air for a moment, then the one on the right says something to the other in an awful-sounding language none of you understand. The other one seems nod, then both raise their head and make a loud barking noise.
    Then they charge...

Situation:

[OOC:
    1. INITIATIVE please :) Plus the action you want to take, as before try to discuss on irc as much as possible to speed things up.
    2. For those who want to try, you can all do an Intelligence check to see if you know anything about these creatures, roll it in your post and I will tell you in PM what you know about them.
    3. As before, the square with the colour of your speech = you. 1 and 2 are the enemy creatures.
    4. Obviously the floor of the cave is not checkered black and white tiles, I did that only to make clear where the squares are and such for strategic purposes. Remember one square = 5 by 5 feet.
    5. Good luck, I will tell right now these things are tougher than those skeletons, so be warned! :)
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-10-21 at 05:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Seeing the horrible creatures charging her, Layla looses all thoughts of how they might be innocent Surely these being come from hell...
    Getting ready to fight, Layla takes 3 steps to her right and front, trying to get into a possible flanking position. I hope our little halfler notices that I am leavind enough room for him to sneak by behind my back, or shoot at them between me or stockard.

Crouching just a little, Layla lowers herself in the so familiar fighting stance. She hold her longsword in both hands, and after kissing the cold iron blade, she moves the sword into a vertical position, just offcenter of her body.

When the creatures reach the party, Layla will ofcaurs try to dodge or deflect the first blow. After that she simply goes into fighting move, using the sword for what it made for. Cutting her opponents flesh.
    She will keep in mind that in a ideal world the six partymembers should have no problem flanking them weird creatures, and as such Layla will keep her and her opponent close to the rest. Slowly however she will try and move herself around the creature, hopefully forcing it to move with her, exposing its back to the more agile and less sturdy members of the party.

[OOC] Initiative: 13+5=18 initiative (1d20=13)
    Int: int (1d20=20)
    Layla moves to the black square to her right and front, l2.
    [/OOC]
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-22 at 11:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Tathar moves forward making sure to stand a little behind the others incase his minor healing skills are needed.

"Let's hit these things where it hurts Apricot" Tathar says to his companion.

Tathar will still attack given a clear opportunity.

[OOC
    1d20 3=10 Initiation
    1d20 6=24 Nature: Knowledge
    1d20 2=10 Hit Roll (looks to low so I won't bother with a damage one. If I do just tell me in pm.)
    OOC]
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-23 at 03:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

This is it, its happening again. I have to stay string this time. We have gained a member since last time, so it should be a whole new experience. Let us hope so at least.

Stockard tries his best to move a few steps behind and to the left of Layla [l3], with hopes that he will not be seen. If this works he plans to run around one of these monsters and begin attacking it from the back, so as not to be attacked by it. When one of these things makes its way up to the party, Stockard will be sure to attempt to avoid attacks [dodge declared] from whatever opponent is closest to him. He takes a moment to finish preparing himself mentally, and decides that he is ready to do battle again.

[OOC
    Initiative roll = 15(I forgot to add in ability modifier, so it only says 13) stockard initiative (1d20=13)
    int check (1d20 1=16)
    ]

18. - Top - End - #168

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

The moment the group rushes forward Smelkie notices a faint light coming from around the corner. Smelkie goes into stealth mode and sneaks forward raising the tip of his crossbow. Once the two figures turn around the corner Smelkie is relieved to see that they are not undead. Holding his sigh of relieve, since he is in stealthmode, Smelkie moves further forward. Waiting for the two uglyfaces to make their move Smelkie will decide to attack if he is positive that he hasnt been spotted and that he flanked them. If he is spotted though he will fire his arrow at the hyena with the lantern.

[OOC]
    Initiative (1d20+4=23)
    Int check (1d20+3=14)
    [/OOC]
    Last edited by Phyzor; 2008-10-22 at 04:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Amd casts mage's armour on himself after getting the piece of cured leather from his spellpouch

[OOC : init roll 1d20+2=16]
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-10-23 at 12:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

With a small sigh he focuses on the task ahead of him. Crouching low Tori waits for the attack to begin. Nothing moves fast, life turns surreal, the soft sound of breathing and hearts beating are the only thing that breaks the uncomfortable silence.Could this have all be avoided if we just killed the goblin, its a real shame if somebody dies all because of a goblin.

[OCC] 1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19)
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-23 at 03:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

RedWizardGuy

All

The two monsters run towards the group, lifting their battle axes high above their heads while a merrow-piercing shrieking laughter escapes their throats. Their yellow eyes gleam with bloodlust and large drops of saliva mark their path towards you.

Layla and Stockard both take a few steps to the right and slightly forward, trying to create a sort of circle formation to properly surround the monsters. In the meantime Tathar and Tori both stand still, preparing yourselves for the impact of the charge, as the monsters come running towards you. Amd stands behind you casting a spell and as you finish others might see a slight shimmer in the air directly in front of your chest.
    Lastly little Smelkie dives into the shadows as much as you can, using your size and considerable skill you press yourself into the wall while slowly moving forward, trying to gain a flanking position on the monsters. Already you are paralel to them and sofar you have had no indication they may have noticed you...

Updated Situation start of round 2:

[OOC:
    Initiative Order:
    Smelkie - 23
    Tori - 19
    Layla - 18
    Amd - 16
    Stockard - 15
    Gnoll 2
    Tathar - 10
    Gnoll 1
    As always, be detailed, discuss on irc and try to follow initiative order as much as possible.]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-10-27 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Seeing Tori and the Gnolls charging for each other Tathar doesn't want to miss out.

"Let's go Apricot, Get them!"

Tathar moves down following Tori. He draws his scimitar and leaping into the air slashes at the Gnoll's throat.

[OOC - What happened to my knowledge check?
    Attack + Damage Rolls 1d20+2=6, 1d6+2=8]
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-10-29 at 02:45 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

As the Gnolls rush forward, Smelkie holds his breath for a moment just as the pass him. Their movement doesnt go silent, but the idea of an axe cleaving him isnt quite appealing either. Although he has an open shot at the Gnolls, Smelkie doesnt shoot yet. That would only make him visible and probably make him the easy target to kill first, with that set he sneaks forward avoiding any pools of water. Looking forward to see where he is heading, but constantly turning his head to see if he has been spotted. Perhaps his movement isnt quite as fast as he or the party hopes for, but it is better not to be seen at this point.

[OOC: I'll move straight down to e1 then head to e4, im unsure if i need to jump over that pool or not and if it costs a move. Else i will hold on e1 and move again next turn.]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Layla

Layla moves forwards towards the screaming creatures that come running towards them. She still holds her blade at ready, pointing straight up, just a little to the side of her body.Get ready my girl..
    When reaching the gnoll on the right she moves to its side, leaving the rest of the party a direct line to it. Now dont get in Smelkie's way, and dont look at him...
    Standing ready, Layla uses the momentum of her movement to swing her sword at the gnoll.

[OOC]
    Move to i1, and attack number 2
    attack+dmg (1d20+3=16, 1d8+2=5) [/OOC]
    Last edited by Airborn; 2008-10-28 at 04:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Seeing the two gnolls round the corner with axes held high, Tori gets a wicked gleam in his eyes. With out hesitation Tori takes off toward the gnoll that is charging down the left side. Shield upfront, barrel chested covered in mail coming second followed by the notched battle axe. Moments before impact Tori dives for its knees.

[ooc: i charge
    1d20+5 → [17,5] = (22)
    attacking Gnoll 1]
    Last edited by shads; 2008-10-28 at 05:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Stockard is invigorated by the combat, and decides that he feels good enough to begin the offensive with him fellow combatants. Keeping an eye out, he moves down to the gnoll on his right with Layla, and makes sure to watch out for any of its swings. He gathers himself up and attempts to throw a mighty punch that would stun the beats.

[OOC move to J4
    declare dodge on gnoll 2
    use stunning fist on gnoll 2 (if I can use stunning fist on a charge, I'll do that.)
    (1d20 2=22)
    stockard's second attack roll (1d20 4=15) <--charge modifier added
    1d6 2=5, 1d6 2=6]
    Last edited by kunker83; 2008-10-29 at 12:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Amd mooves a little forward and to his left to get a clear line of sight to the first gnoll and starts casting ray of frost . After a few hand gestures and arcane words a ray of freezing air and ice projects from Amd's fingertips twards the first gnoll .

[ooc : moove to L4 attacking gnoll1
    ranged touch attack hit roll :1d20+2=14
    damage roll if needed :1d3=2 ]
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-11-02 at 09:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

RedWizardGuy

All

As sudden as it all begun, the end is even faster. While Smelkie strategically moves himself behind the enemy, the remaining five of you strike almost simultaneously and equally deadly.

First Tori strikes, he charges the gnoll on the left head on as it charges him. At the last moment, Tori dives low, aiming for the beast's knee. He doesn't score a direct hit, but still gives it a deep gash in its thigh. The gnoll howls in pain and frantically tries to kick Tori away, to no avail.

Next is Layla, who makes a circling movement to strike the other gnoll from the side. The gnoll, having to watch several opponents at once, isn't able to fully block Layla's blow and gets a long cut along his chest in reward.

Then Amd makes his move, having already started casting his spell while the others moved, he now finishes it with one last loud word and freezing air and ice particles stream from his hands towards the gnoll facing Tori, who gets hit full on by it. The beast again screams, this time out of frustration as much as pain.

Stockard now makes his move, and he finally gets the chance to release all the pent up fear and rage that has been building up inside of him. He charges straight at the gnoll on the right, dodging its swing as he closes the gap, he feints a blow to the head, the gnoll trying to block with its shield, leaving its chest exposed for a moment. Faster than a snake Stockard's right foot strikes forward, aiming for the central nerve point in the chest that will allow him to stun the monster. Unfortunately for the monster, Stockard strikes with even more force than he intended to, hitting it so hard in the chest it's ribcage shatters. Bone fragments pierce through it's heart and the monster dies instantly.

Lastly comes Tathar, who moves towards the only gnoll left, jumping in the air as he strikes. Unfortunately his aim is off and the blow doesn't even come close.

The lone gnoll, seeing itself outnumbered five to one, takes a feint swing at Tori, who lifts his shield preparing to block, then it suddenly turns around and sprints away at top speed, disappearing around the corner before any of you can even act...

[OOC:
    If you guys decide to chase the gnoll, the same initiative order still counts.
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-11-02 at 06:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Oh gosh, what a rush. I go from being manhandled to taking control of the combat situation. That gnoll who ran is not likely to be as quiet as our little goblin is right now. It didn't look like any of us got hurt there, but I'm guessing we could use some kind of a rest soon.

"Lets go get him. Tathar, bring that lantern if you still have it, that gnoll ran off with his. I think it might be best to try shooting at it first if any of you can, but after that I'm going to chase it down....we can't have it yelling and bleeding all over down here. Whose coming with me?"

Stockard begins to run after the gnoll, assuming at least someone with a source of light is following him. He is careful turning the corner because he knows his darkvision is not that good. He checks to see if he can see any sign of the running gnoll's lantern anywhere.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

With his eyes red from the heat of a skirmish, Tori makes a dash after the wounded gnoll

[OCC: Int role 1d20+3 → [16,3] = (19)]