New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: The Church of McDade

Anji, seeing the disoriented goblins, dashed out from behind the cart and fired two shots of eldritch power at the nearest goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    I move so that I can see the goblins to the south of the cart. I fire an eldritch blast at the closest one (1d20+9)[18] and quicken another one (1d20+9)[22] which does (3d6)[5] to the first goblin and (3d6)[11] to a second one, or the first one if he failed to die.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The two Goblins are blown backward into the mud by the powerful blasts that shoot from Anji's hands and add to the pile of their comrades.

The Goblin force, as a whole, rummage around themselves, hurl spears blindly into the air, and scream at the adventurers. Two Goblins are felled by blind spear stabs and another is killed when it falls backwards upon the sword of a dead comrade.

The Giant, swinging fiercely at the air in front of him, clips the ground and surrounding logs several times, but Shield's expert combat training keeps him a step ahead of every swing. The Giant's club ends the life of two unfortunate Goblins standing behind the lumbering beast, flinging them through the air like little, putrescent dolls.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-13 at 09:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They've changed their minds, they're after Korren now!", Nebraska translates as he loads and fires a crossbow at the nearest goblin, making sure to do make his hit count.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use inspiration to use cunning insight and attack with my crossbow.
    (1d20+12)[19] which, if it hits, will deal (1d8)[6] damage.

Inspiration used: 1
    Inspiration remaining:10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nebraska's bolt lodges itself firmly into the upper nasal passage of the nearest Goblin, dropping it promptly to the ground.

Snowblood takes advantage of the writhing, blinded Goblins and decides to gorge himself on yet another one. He moves back to the breach in the defenses and swarms over another Goblin, taking his time so as to draw out life as long as possible while eating non-essential body parts first.

Mathias, seeing the tide of battle change, hops off the cart and proceeds to the Southwest. He spots four Goblins behind a fallen tree, levels his blunderbuss, and smiles ever so slightly. He squeezes the trigger and what used to be four Goblins turns into a bloody heap of twitching flesh in a single cacophonous roar that issues from the blunderbuss. He yells back at the group, "Take out all you can while they are down!"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

"I'm giving this all I have left!" I cast chain missle again at the giant, bouncing onto the 3 closest goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d4+3)[11], (1d4+4)[6] (1d4+4)[7] (1d4+4)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The enraged Giant gets hit in the leg by Glyn's well-aimed missile. The arcane shrapnel created by Glyn’s magical bolt also drops the three Goblins behind the Giant, as they were already weary from battle.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Fuming at his inability to hit the reeling giant, Shield loosed another battle shout as he readied his blade to rip into the flesh of his opponent. Channeling the strength of the mountain, he brought his blade down in a downward arc, followed by a quick horizontal slash.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack (1d20+12)[28] (1d20+7)[12]

Intimidate (1d20+10)[16]

Damage (3d8+8)[18] (3d8+8)[22]

Foehammer (2d6)[6]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Shield's enormous blade bites deep into the shoulder of the screaming Giant. However, his second swing glances off the brute's armor.

Korren, unable to see any more enemies through his Stinking Cloud spell, decides that he is done with the spell. "Let’s relish in our sight while they curse their own." With this, he breaths deep, filling his lungs with cold, stinging air, and exhales a gale towards the Stinking Cloud. The strong wind completely disperses the cloud and gives everyone a clear view of the Hobgoblin commanders clawing at the air. Korren then takes a seat of the side of the cart, swinging his leg leisurely over the side while smoking his long, ebony pipe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korren casts Gust of Wind at the Stinking Cloud, dispersing it. Then sits on the side of the cart and continues smoking.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-14 at 10:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Hobgoblins continue to scream into the fray, cursing the party and swearing vengence for their lost sight. Some hurl alchemist's fire or spears, but none hit their marks.

10. - Top - End - #160

MonkGuy

Anji, now laughing at the hilarious sight of the blinded goblins, noticed one lone goblin stumbling about on his own. Smiling, Anji made the shape of a gun with his hand, imagined a trigger clicking in his mind and muttered "bang", sending an Eldritch Blast at the unsuspecting creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22] for the blast and (3d6)[16] if it hits. I'm attacking the one goblin near Snowblood.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-11-14 at 04:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Anji's blast leaves a clean hole the size of a gold piece smoking in the middle of the Goblin's forehead. It's eyes cross and it falls backward into the mud and snow.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-14 at 04:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Goblins have turned from rage to fear, and the remaining begin to crawl away from the noise of the adventurers. They stumble and fall in the snowy battlefield, crying and clawing at the earth.

The Giant looks weary from battle but doesn't give up his attempts to hit the monstrous Shield. His wild swings actually graze Shield's leg and put a slight dent in his armor, but hardly anything Shield hasn't come back from before.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Goblins try to crawl away at 1/4 speed. Shield actually gets hit for 5 damage (after damage reduction). We have them on the run.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-14 at 04:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nebraska loads his crossbow and fires at the nearest goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just moving the game along. (1d20+12)[16] and if it hits (1d8)[2]

Inspiration used: 1
    Remaining: 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nebraska's bolt lodges itself firmly into the right flank of the retreating Goblin, adding serious injury to insult.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Snowblood's swarm of squirrels quickly melts into his human form and he strides confidently towards the line of enemies. "We cannot let them return to tell of this. Every one of them must die." He stands, resolute in the snow, and begins to chant. The snow that has settled around him begins to swirl, and the snow that is falling around him swirls in a spiral back towards the sky. The party begins to feel the hair on the back of their neck stand up and taste the distinct taste of metal in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Snowblood changes back to human form and begins to cast Call Lightning.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-17 at 11:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mathias sprints past the chanting Snowblood and is emotionless as he draws his two pistols. With twin flicks of his wrists, two glinting bayonets spring out from the pistols. Mathias runs past the fleeing Goblins and heads straight towards the Hobgoblin commanders. The pistol in his right hand is thrust forward straight into a Hobgoblin's eye. The screaming Hobgoblin then begins to thrash at Mathias, but Mathias quickly and emotionlessly pulls the trigger while the bayonet still rests in the Hobgoblin’s head. Blood splashes across Mathias’ stoic face. The creature stops thrashing and falls to the ground, headless. Mathias readies his second pistol for another enemy.
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2008-11-18 at 03:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Halfling in the Playground

If only there were a stone, a sharp stone on the ground that...wait. I pull my bag of endless caltrops out and then place one in between my fingers. It immediately starts to glow orange. I take careful aim, looking at the ear/temple of a hobgoblin, using the shape of the caltrop as a makeshift cross hair. The caltrop suddenly, as if being shot out of a gun, zooms to the hobgoblin. Through my eyes, as is in slow motion, the caltrop seems to just get smaller as it unerringly propels itself at the goblin. A small drip of blood falls from my fingers and hits the snow as two cuts appear from where I held the caltrop in my fingers. they immediately heal.

Spoiler
    Show
    I spend a move action pulling out the caltrop and a standard to launch it at the closest hobgoblin. if there is any bonus to using the shape as a cross hair, cool, your choice. For sake of flavor text, I don't think it misses like an arrow would, rather the goblin would dodge it... anyways here is a ranged attack roll. (1d20+5)[20] and damage? I dunno how much damage, launch bolt does 1d8 damage, but the launch item spell seems to be made for things like alchemist fire...sooo i dunno. A caltrop does one damage alone.."You cause a Fine item in your possession
    to fly at great speed to a target or
    location you specify, out to medium
    range (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)." make your choice for damage almighty DM. oh and my spell causes me to heal 1 damage
    Last edited by Brandeath; 2008-11-18 at 07:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Sensing the strength leaving his opponent, Shield pressed the advantage. Swinging his blade twice, the Silver-man attempted to finish off the battle-weary giant, and worked to revitalize his own ailing form.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action to Martial Spirit

Full attack (1d20+13)[31] (1d20+8)[25]

Damage (3d8+8)[24] (3d8+8)[20]

Revitalizing Strike (1d6+5)[10] Healing

2 points of healing for each successful attack (To Anji)
    Last edited by ZOMGoubeaux; 2008-11-18 at 08:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Glyn's makeshift projectile darts swiftly towards the Goblin that Nebraska had already hit once in the buttocks with a bolt. The Goblin turns at the exactly wrong moment and gets Glyn's caltrop lodged firmly in the pain receptor of its brain. The Goblin screams in agony and falls writhing on the floor, only to be trampled into silence by his fleeing comrades.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love the inventiveness Glyn. Keep it up. Ingenuity will always be rewarded.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Shield, finally remembering his martial training, finds an opening in the Giant's defenses. He swings his mighty blade and slices open the throat of the Giant, letting its warm lifeblood spray all over the silvery fighter. The Giant drops to its knees and looks silently at the darkened heavens, snow softly falling on its bloody face. Shield's second attack thrusts his sword straight through the chest of the Giant, and makes his eyes grow cold and lifeless. The Giant crashes in an enormous heap of blood, sweat, and mud onto the snowy ground. The once-silvery figure of Shield now looks like a glistening statue to a long lost god of war, covered in the blood of the sacrificed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally! Good attack and damage rolls.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Korren watches as his friend finishes off the Giant. "That's the Shield I know," he thinks. "Now, let me see if I can help him with the little ones. It has been a while since I pulled out my version of this one. Now how did it go . . ." Korren closes his eyes and puffs pensively on his pipe, swinging his leg casually over the side of the cart. When he opens his eyes, they are a brilliant shade of silvery-white. He mutters under his breath, all the while keeping his long pipe in his mouth. "Let's see how you blighters like my version of the Manyjaws spell, Manyblades!" With the last command word, six daggers made of pure force spring from Korren's smoke and streak unerringly towards the fleeing Goblins. The blades lodge themselves firmly in the spines, lungs, hearts, and heads of six screaming Goblins who promptly fall silent and drop to the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korren casts Manyblades with his own thematic twist. He creates six daggers of force that hit unerringly and each deal (1d6+5)[7] damage against their respective Goblins. They do not disappear and can be redirected on Korren's next turn.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The Hobgoblins scream orders and curses into the early morning dark. They scream and then fall silent. They suddenly realize that they are alone in the dark, for not a single Goblin still draws breath. They show a sign of emotion in their silence . . .fear. They begin to claw around themselves and try to escape, their blind eyes wide with terror.

23. - Top - End - #173

MonkGuy

Anji was now laughing so hard that he almost couldn't breathe. He enjoyed watching the blind, terrified Hobgoblins milling about aimlessly. It was a savage pleasure, but he felt that they deserved it. Anji had never liked Hobgoblins or any other goblin for that matter. It certainly didn't help their case that a band of Hobgoblins had reduced his brother to a vegetative state after a raid on his village. Anji noticed on Hobgoblin in particular wandering about, arms held in front of him in an attempt to find its way out of the battle. Smiling and channeling eldritch power into his right hand, Anji shouted This is for the boulder! Choke on it! as he sent the blast of dark energy straight for the Hobgoblins neck. It may have been a trick of the light, but Anji thought he saw his blast form a hand on the end, as if to strangle his target.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I use a free action to yell. The eldritch spear (1d20+9)[19] deals (3d6)[13] to any hobgoblin, just pick one I guess. Also, if it hits could you work the hand thing into the attack, because that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-11-20 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Snowblood laughs as he finishes his spell, and and a bolt of lightning lances down from the sky, barbequeing a hobgoblin where he stands.

Spoiler
    Show
    I use call lightning on one of the hobbos, dealing (3d6)[13] damage.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Anji's blast of energy hits the Hobgoblin right in the throat, lingers for a second as it seems to coalesce around the neck of the poor beast, then rips the voice box out in a swift, bloody motion. The Hobgoblin falls motionless on the cold, muddy ground.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nebraska realized the need for a goblin left alive to interrogate. He had just the thing, or so he hoped. Charging forward, he pulled a small bag out from his haversack and hurled it at the goblin closest to shield. "Knock it out!" he cried to the statue companion.

Spoiler
    Show
    I make a move action to run 30 ft toward the closest goblin to shield, and then throw the haversack at him. (1d20+12)[29] as my ranged touch attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i meant throw tanglefoot bag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The tanglefoot bag hits the Hobgoblin squarely in the chest and explodes in a mess of sticky goo. The Hobgoblin screeches in terror and tries to desperately claw away the unknown substance.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Snowblood's lightning leaves a smoking husk where a Hobgoblin once stood. The stinking mass falls to the ground in a heap of horrid, cooked meat.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mathias sees his allies taking a prisoner, smiles and decides to finish off the remaining two enemies. He stands up straight and breaths in the cold, mountain air. He swings the rifle off of his shoulder and reaches into a small belt pouch. He grabs a musket ball and rolls it in his fingers, feeling the familiar shape. He loads, primes, and levels the musket without opening his eyes and with deft speed. He opens his right eye, breaths out the smoking air in his lungs, and squeezes the trigger. The musket ball travels poetically through the first Hobgoblin's ear canal, continuing through to hit the next Hobgoblin through its screaming maw. Both drop to the ground, ichor oozing from their respective heads.