New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The end of the world, d20 Modern/Future

Ken stops once he gets close enough, and kneels down to assess the damage to the bike.

He lets out a relieved sigh after a second, "Just a ding... no actual damage. Jerks."

Getting up he made his way to his apartment, but waited for whoever was coming before he went in.
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-09-15 at 02:46 PM.

Signature by Sneak.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"See ya soon." he says, as he gives an sarcastic little wave. With his other hand, he starts jotting down exactly what they'll need to grab once they reach the Walmart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    General:
    -Dry & canned foods
    -Hot plate
    -Sterno
    -Pots
    -Plastic utensils
    -Water, lots of water
    -Trash bags
    -Diapers
    -Flashlights
    -Batteries
    -Scissors
    -Tool kits
    -Blankets
    -Method of entertainment, possibly cards.

Drugs:
    If you can find the drugs behind the counter, don't bother with the ones off of it. The boxes are too big and waste space.
    -Aspirin/Acetylsalicylic acid/Buffered anaesthetic
    -Tylenol/Acetaminophen
    -Advil/Ibuprofen
    -Penicillin
    -Antibiotics
    -Antihistamines

First Aid / Medical Kit stuff:
    -Bandages, lots of them
    -Splints
    -Gauze
    -Tweezers
    -Peroxide
    -Antibiotic soap, preferably liquid
    -Disposable gloves, non-latex preferred
    -Sterile instruments, especially scalpels
    -Sterile needles

Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-09-15 at 11:05 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When Kendrick gets our of the Humvee to help Ken load up, he just looks around at the deserted city, gun at his side. Ok is it just me or is this kinda cool. I mean really, the entire place is deserted. Thats kinda cool right?", he can't help but to smile at the situation.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Ken looks over his shoulder at Kendrick, he keeps his voice a little low, but with out an ambient noise of the world... it's just as loud as normal, "A little... but honestly? It creeps me out... it just feels, wrong. Then again... the other way around always felt wrong also."

He shrugs.

Signature by Sneak.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick continues to chuckle lightly to him self. "Right, well I'll stay here with Ken and help him load up while you guys hit the Wal-Mart. Hey, Ben was it?, can I see that list I have a few suggestions.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gunner walked with the others to help get the ammo. He seemed lost, he'd never been to college and, honestly, never really been on any type of dorm, so he was rightly confused. Nearly taking wrong turns several times, and finally catching himself.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin scoots over to one side of the car since now he's not squished in and has room. "Unless you need a forth person, I'll stick with the others to go to Wal-mart. I guess we can hit the clinic on our way back to the shelter."
    Last edited by Foolster41; 2008-10-06 at 05:52 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"I heard that after Chernobyl, they had to play recordings of wildlife because the silence was too unnerving for the hazmat teams to stand." Greg then passes his notebook over to Kendrick. "Knock yourself out, Kenny. Anyone know what happened to the bums, by the way? It doesn't seem right to waste time evacuating people who f*** up their lives even outside of a crisis."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-09-15 at 11:07 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick takes the list from Ben "My name is Kendrick, not Kenny." he goes and adds things to the list, like tents, generators, gas, lamps, wood and the like. "I don't think we should split up, it leaves us to open to ambush. Also I think we should also stop by a police station, see what we can grab as far as arming ourselves. I don't like what Thompson said about the bunker being defenseless."
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

10. - Top - End - #70

Thompson gestures to the front seat when Ken gets ready to leave, there are a pair of Walkie talkies.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Tim looks at the walkie talkies, then looks at Thompson and asks
    "Any idea what type of signal strength those things have? And on top of that do we have any idea just how close the nearest Wal-Mart is?"

He sits there contemplating but just for a minute.

"It's up to you guys what you want to do. We can split up, group one can gather anything useful from the apartment, and group two can swing by Wal-Mart grab some stuff and come on back. But whatever we do we need to make sure to keep in touch."
    Last edited by FascistKarp; 2008-09-15 at 08:37 PM.
    90% of all statistics are made up. Put this in your sig if you make up statistics

12. - Top - End - #72

I reckon we can get a couple miles outta these. I don't know this area though.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"Let's just go. They're raiding an apartment. Only the owner knows where everything is, and it's small enough that too many people would just muck it up. We're not soldiers, we're supposed to be helping people, not shooting bugs. Supplies are way more important than ammo when half of us don't know how to shoot and all of the evacuees need food."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-09-15 at 11:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

14. - Top - End - #74

Sounds good to me. Radio us when your done here, we'll be somewhere in or around the store.

Wal-mart raiders, Team A:
    - Tim
    - Greg
    - Robert
    - Thompson

Campus looters, Team B:
    - Gunnar
    - Ken
    - Kendrick
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-09-17 at 04:38 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Ken half-salutes to Thompson as he takes one of the Walkie-Talkies, and then with Gunnar and Kendrick he makes his way into the dorm complex. Hitting down the transmitter on the walkie-talkie he says, "Thompson... the Wal-Mart is about two miles down the road. Just leave the campus down the road we came in and take a left. You won't be able to miss it."

He swipes his ID card on the scanner to the complex and lets the two others in. Slowly they make their way up to the fourth floor. He pulls out a ring of keys, and after taking one, unlocks his door. 4B.

As the door open, the interior of the room is dark. Flicking a switch... the two others are introduced to a rather... odd sight. The inside of the apartment appears to be... a 9th Century Viking Ale Hall. A large half-log-like table, with stools and benches. Furs and tapestries run across the walls. In one corner of the room sits what appears to be a suit of Knights Armor on an armor rack... surrounded by what appears to be... padded weapons?

As they walk in, they can see the place is rather big, and further down the room, is a complete polar switch to the old-world feeling. Instead, it seems like some strange sci-fi setup. The walls are covered in drawings of schematics and formula's, a desk housing a docking station and a huge array of electrical tools and some what appear to be chemical stations. Another table making the work station into a U-Formation, houses a variety of weaponary, guns mostly, but a police baton rests off to the side also.

Ken smiles as he looks around, "Home sweet home." He looks over to the two others, "Have a seat guys... I'll pull the ammo-boxes out of the bedroom, and then assemble to guns back up. I was cleaning them last night..." With that he makes his way through a doorway into a dark room. He doesn't flick on the light... merely seems to guide himself around with the memory of where he must keep things.

As they guys look around the room they are in... they notice a large lump of furs, which upon closer inspection is actually a futon-couch just layered with a variety of soft furs. Hanging above the couch, oddly enough (and extremely out of place among every other element of the room) is a painted portrait of Michael Richards.
    Last edited by Forgotten T.S.; 2008-09-16 at 11:36 AM.

Signature by Sneak.

16. - Top - End - #76

Gunner takes a seat on his fur-ton (hur, hur) and begans looking around at the area.

quite a...nice place you got here. his words crack on 'nice.' Better than mine, anyhow.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kendrick moves to the wall with the electronics and schematics. He notices a pen lieing around and makes a correction on one of the formulas he see's, not know what its far and not really caring. He locates a computer terminal and hops on searching the net for any more info on these things.

((research check 1d20+5=18))
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

As Tim watches the other group walk into the building, he then pops the Humvee into drive once more and turns to drive out of the parking lot. As he pulls the Humvee into the Wal-Mart parking lot he shutters, realizing just how creepy a giant store like Wal-Mart is when there isn't the hustle and bustle of hundreds of people running in and out with last minute purchases or dinner for tonight.

He pulls into one of the spots he can find nearest the store. Just in case they need to get out of there in a hurry.

"Well, here we are gentlemen"

He turns the Humvee off and steps out, closing the door behind himself. He grabs his bag figuring they could throw some stuff in there.

"So where to first?"
    90% of all statistics are made up. Put this in your sig if you make up statistics

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

OOC Note: There is no computer on the desk. There is merely a docking station for a Notebook Computer to hook up to.

------------

Ken walks out of the room, carrying several ammo-boxes in metal containers into the living room. He sets it on the log-table, and then walks back into his room and returns with another arm-load, and a dufflebag. He looks over to Kendrick, at the desk, but shrugs and loads up the two dufflebags with the ammo containers.

"Alright... just need to assemble the guns and we will be good."

He walks over to where Kendrick is and smiles, "Mind if I borrow the chair?"

Signature by Sneak.

20. - Top - End - #80

A:

The Walmart looks much like it ever did, but the almost empty parking lot, with carts at random intervals. As you get closer, you see a couple more dirty looking people, probably bums, making their way to the store. It looks like they wanted to jump you or something as they glare while you drive by, but the machine gun is probably a good deterrent.

The doors of the Walmart are open.

B:

All seems quiet at the Dorms.

It's been aprox. 30 mins since you left the hanger.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-09-17 at 12:20 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Hey Ken, are your parking spaces assigned?" Kendrick looks out the window paying particular attention to the vehicles left behind.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Ken reaches down to a small metal case and sets it down on the desk. Slowly he unlatches it and opens it up to reveal an unassembled rifle. Methodically he begins putting to the large rifle together, snapping the butt into place as he aligns the stock with the barrel, "Assigned parking? Wish I could get that lucky. Nah, it's pretty much a joy-luck f*** out there for parking."

Signature by Sneak.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

"So that's where the bums went. Comedic timing at its finest."

Greg looks at his notebook after Kenny's revisions and frowns. "Tents? Wood? We're helping civilians, not going camping." He quickly makes a few copies and hands them out. "Meet me at the pharmacy when you're done. I know what to look for."

OOC: This is an IC vs OOC decision. As a player, I should be trying to acquire weapons and equipment for personal survival. As a character, I'm assuming everything will end up all right and getting what I think other people need.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-09-18 at 08:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #84

A
    Greg and Robert climb past the counter and spend a few minutes ransacking the Pharmacy, and find many supplies. They will be able to fill their pockets and bags with Medicine, Syringes, and other supplies.
    ((If you were looking for something specific for your character, let me know and Ill tell you if you have it.))

Tim, while looking through he store, sees the hunting section and the guns. As he approaches, he hears a scratching noise from behind the counter...

B

The guns will take a little while to assemble, but you can be done in about 10 mins with help.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-09-19 at 01:24 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Martin looks for medicines that might be needed in special cases, antiseptic (bottles of medical alcohol), pain killers, allergen blockers, inhalers, insulin, blood thinners and medicine for those with heart disease. Also he looks for vitamin C tablets and bandages.

((I don't think any of these will come up in game, but being a doctor, I think he'd look for this stuff.))
    Last edited by Foolster41; 2008-10-06 at 05:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

Nearby the Pharmacy, Roberts can find first-aid supplies, enough to gather 2 First Aid Kits and a Medical Kit if he'd like.

This place looks like some people have already looted some of the supplies, but you haven't seen anyone since you came in, and other parts of the store look worse off, either from panic during evac, or something else. However, the aisles are still pretty well in-tact.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

When Tim hears this scratching he can't help but wonder what it is. He immediately stops what he is doing and moves as quietly as possible to the source of the noise.

Well this might be exciting

Move Silently Check:
    (1d20+3)[16]

28. - Top - End - #88

As Tim approaches the counter, he finds that the noise is coming from behind it, the part where it isn't glass. As he gets even closer, the noise stops... and a sound of a bottle rolling along the ground can be heard. A second later, it comes into view around the side of the counter, it is a whiskey bottle.

A low groan comes from behind the counter.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Greg

Greg is stuffing anything he needs into four shopping carts, with two for important items and two for slightly less important items. He figures that the group has time to make a few trips. "Don't forget the blood sugar test kits and nebulizers. Also those stabbing things you use for blood tests." he says to the overdressed physician. Whenever he finds anything that's particularly useful, like gauze and medical tape, he stuffs it in his bag.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

After hearing the groan from the other side of the counter Tim leans forward trying to get a glimpse of what is on the other side.

Hide Check:
    (1d20+3)[16]