New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Great Game [3.5 D&D][Group 2 IC]

Leroy

The man seems somewhat relieved that the conversation with the unbelievably attractive woman ended and that they were able to get what they needed without paying for it. Silently sighing, he shouts to everyone:

"Then onward to the marketplace, and then to Lavertorf! The quicker we can resolve the maze that this curse is, the more time we can spend with more pleasuring things"

Leroy is unsure whether his secretive and very stimulating thoughts are his or just caused by the atmosphere in this place.
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-05 at 01:19 PM.
    Dominant Avatar by Bisected 8

Another cool avvie by Thecrimsonmage
    Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

Leroy, NG Human Factotum, the Great Game
    Rashad, TN Half-Elf Bard, Adventurer Fedex
    Kristen, TN Human Factotum, recruiting for STAP

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Osoend listens to the conversation thoughtfully, considering the offer and the task at hand. As Leroy finishes his exclamation, Osoend looks down into the untouched small glass he had been given, with some sort of syrupy liquid inside.

Yes! We have big adventure for big reward!

Raising his glass briefly in the air, then throws his head back and drains it in one swift movement. He looks thoughtful as he considers it. Abruptly, his eyes widen and he shakes his head vigorously.

RRRRRrrr. Hmm. Is good fire-water, yes. mnumpurple.

With that, he gets to his feet, rather unsteadily.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-06 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

3. - Top - End - #63

Helvén

The happy atmosphere of the place lifted Helvén's spirit gradually, and even after some drinking he didn't look depressed as usual. He helps Osoend not to fall back down. Being a heavy drinker for some years now, he can manage it just fine, he doesn't even look drunk right now.

We're heading to the market right now? Or you take the supplies, and Oso and I wait here to talk with Inco later, she'll have something interesting to say...
    Last edited by amanodel; 2008-10-06 at 02:12 PM.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

4. - Top - End - #64

Osoend mumbles some general affirmations to whatever Helvén was saying, distracted as he was by the rhythmic movements of one of the Half-Elven barmaids as she moved throughout the establishment.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy nods to Helvén in agreement

"I agree, we don't have to run around together all the time while we are in town. Let us meet in one hour at the south gate"

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Helvén

The boy is satisfied that he got the job to remain at the inn, so he sits back to the table, orders another round, and wonders if Inwo will return with the promised extra information.

So, Oso, are you allright? You seem a little... disoriented. Where are you looking? Oh... Really pretty halfie, for sure.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2008-10-08 at 01:12 PM.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

7. - Top - End - #67

Osoend looks momentarily surprised as his name is called.

Z? Oh, ah, yes. Very. Hmm.

The tall Elf taps his fingers idly on the tabletop. He hoped that they could get on their way to adventure soon... But he wouldn't mind staying here a little while longer.

8. - Top - End - #68

Cyral Fallowfeather

"We'll be back soon enough Osoend, don't worry. You'll have enough time to ah, palaver with the ladies here on our return."
    the paladin slides off his stool and shrugs his pack back onto his shoulders, "I'm going to grab a pony if everyone else is getting a mount for the journey."

If everyone else agrees on getting transport, Cyral will lead them to a good hostler in town.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy follows the halfling knight, pointing to random things in the city from time to time and explaining them in detail.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((Sorry for my absense, new PC and still setting things up... forgot how long this crap takes... If I'm still in this than great, if not than please regard this as Null and Void.))

Rurik stumbles back over to the group, he had been distracted by a man who had challenged him to a friendly drinking contest, which he won, if only barely. He catches up with them and apologizes for missing their conversation with Inco. "I'm... Sorry for not being there, I had to show up some kid who didn't know the difference between a Mug and a Shot glass..." Rurik stumbles to the ground, "That, was very unfortunate..." Rurik clambers back to his feet and looks back at everyone, "What'd I miss?"
    Obliviousness and Sanity go hand-in-hand.

11. - Top - End - #71

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering if everyone is done. So I can describe the gates and get ya all moving along, if you would like that.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler
    Show

Osoend is fine to wait until the others return with their various mounts.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

((sorry for mine as well))
    "eh wha? sorry I was busy thinking about something else, my mind wandered off in boredom" Will said

14. - Top - End - #74

After reuniting himself with Ramsey, Cyral stops by a local hostler and comes out with a chesnut coloured poney. The little horse keeps eying Ramsey with what seems to be fear while the Brixashulty won't even look at Cyral.

"Ramsey, it's only for this trip."

Ramsey's silence is palpable as he trots ahead of Cyral with his head held high, seeming to ignore his rider.

"Oh sweet Yondalla not the sulking..."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm ready to head on out
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Adam's had a light warhorse since I bought his initial equipment...

After collecting his horse from the stable at the inn where he had been staying, Adam meets up with the others near the gate, eager to be off to the town.

"Off we go, then?" he asks, once everyone has gathered.

16. - Top - End - #76

Osoend spends the remaining time until the allotted meeting watching the same Half-Elf as she weaves throughout the establishment on her duties, becoming embarrassed and taking a drink to disguise his actions whenever she looks his way.

Before he becomes more than comfortably drunk, the time to leave for the gate arrives. He gets up and starts making his way towards the stables to get Natul-Lad. After some difficulties making his way through the streets to the gate, Osoend arrives at the meeting place.

I am ready.
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2008-10-17 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

17. - Top - End - #77

Helvén

Dissappointed that Inco didn't visit them again, he kept drinking with Osoend, until even his motions became slower and a little less graceful. He kept Osoend busy with remarks on the halfelf barmaid's various body parts. Well, not so various parts, as it turned out.

Didya find good -hik!- horsies? - he asked, while trying to keep a serious profile.

18. - Top - End - #78

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik wanders over to the nearest stable and purchases a light bay, then rejoins the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    Light Horse -- 75gp
    Saddle, Riding -- 10gp
    Feed, 4 days -- 2gp

Total -- 87gp

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Before Leroy enters the hostler, he digs through his pockets to find the rest of coins, but realizes that it isn't enough. He sighs:

"I really don't like to do it, but seems that it's the only choice now"

He taps his hat, and disappears between some alleys. Some moments later, a man clad in slightly altered clothes, dark skin and some inches smaller than Leroy enters the hostler, wearing the symbol of Pelor visible on his chain shirt. The man looks panically at the hostler, and begins to explain.

"Excuse me, dear sir, I am servant of Pelor running through the land. I ought to go to the town Lavertorf because of the curse, but my horse was stolen from me. I have not enough money on me to pay for your service, so I wanted to ask you to borrow a horse. I will return the money laters, so I pledge by the sun lord"

Spoiler
    Show

Leroy's intention to return the money is true, so the bluff isn't too unreasonable. The idea is that the city's inhabitants would rather help a servant of their patron deity (and Leroy got the holy symbol).
    Disguise is rolled with a +20 modifier (staying in character)
    Last edited by Flashlight; 2008-10-17 at 04:02 PM.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Group 1.. with like one person- will be joining all yall! Sorry for the total lack of postage- I say that midterms suck the life out of ya

The hostler looks at Leroy for a few moments and thinks for a few more moments. "You know- I can't really just lend out a horse- but I think.. maybe just this once I will lend out a horse for now. On your honor and the honor of Pelor you'd better bring back that horse."

He then leads Leroy to the stables letting him pick out one of the horses. All of them are in top form and amazingly handsome horses. They neigh and whinny as the horse master walks by, however they remain poised enough to know that they are being taken out of the dull stables.

Spoiler
    Show
    As everyone now appears ready- I will describe the road out

The city gates are wide open on this side of the city, with guards standing noticeably around the premises. There are a few on top and of course in the front of the gates, with crests of Pelor emblazoned on their chests. They stand proud and strong in the heat of the day. The road leading out of the magnificent city is expansive; the first hundred feet are completely paved in some white stone that glints with the sun as it is hit. The surrounding plains give off some heat waves as the sun rises further into the sky. There is a small patch of "forest" ahead that appears to surround the road for a few hundred feet. The road appears to sprawl out forever, going over some hills and thusly disappearing.

If asked one of the guards will point in the direction of Lavertolf otherwise the signs will guide one towards that town. There is much bustling and hustling around the city gates but it is not hard to see that everyone is coming from the other cities to go to Davenport. Some have looks of fear and others of excitement as they enter the big city.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leroy

Leroy bows to the hostler as he hands him the horse

"I will"

He then hurries to meet the others at the gate. Arriving, he whispers the others his true identity, so they don't get confused, and if everyone's ready, proceeds to ride out of the gates.

Characters I play
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral was (thankfully) too busy trying to persuade Ramsey to let him get onto the saddle to notice Leroy dressed as a priest of Pelor. The pony, still skitish around the brixashulty, kept trying to shy away whenever Cyral dragged it closer to Ramsey.

"Ramsey, please, I'll only ride the pony when you aren't here, okay? I don't like it either but for the sake of the mission it must be done."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for fun, I'm rolling a diplomacy check against myself to see how accomodating Ramsey will be.

Diplomacy - (1d20+8)[26]

Huzzah, success... against myself, but success nonetheless.

Ramsey pauses, and with one hoof poised seems to be considering trotting off without Cyral before he shakes his head and turns back to the paladin.

"Breah." Ramsey gives a jerk of his head.

Cyral lets out a breath that he'd been holding and climbs up onto Ramsey's saddle, strapping himself into the military harness.

"Thank you Ramsey. Well everyone, now that I've patched things up with my companion, I suggest that we be off!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will have the pony tied to Ramsey's saddle so that it can follow the group and not run off
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2008-10-25 at 02:31 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Osoend sits atop Natul-Lad outside the city gates, smelling the clean air that emnates from the landscape, without the smells of the city. He smiles, anticipating the adventure ahead. The lean elf pats his horse on the neck softly.

Ah, Natul-Lad, it is the time for Adventure!

Eidalesi os Paer!

With that; the Wild Elf and his Horse canter away from the city, in the direction of Lavertolf... And adventure.

24. - Top - End - #84

BlueKnightGuy

Rurik mounts his newly gained companion and joins the others. He looks out to the horizon and takes a large breath of fresh air, "Ah, Well, what are we waitin' around here for? Let's get going! The sooner we get out of the city the better. Rurik obviously wants nothing to do with the hustle-and-bustle of the big city.

25. - Top - End - #85

Helvén

The young knight is saddened by leaving the beautiful tavern. After some moments of concentration, he gets atop his horse. He covers his eyes with his left hand from the bright sunshine, but other than feeling less comfortable than in the inn, he is ready to go.

Whom I owe the money for my steed? - he asks the part of the group who were at the stables.

26. - Top - End - #86

DruidGirl

There was no need for payment as the hardy adventures set out on the road, dust billowing and blowing around them. The dust was thick and rampant as continuous travelers pass through the city gates. It is a large full road and the winding trail is restless and seems to snake forever onwards.

The forest is slowly approaching with it's dark and gloomy looking trees and shades. It looms in the distance but now is growing taller and scarier. The trees loom overhead with large finger-like branches clawing at the air as the adventures pass beneath it. Each tree seems to have it's own sad story to tell if only someone would listen.

Spoiler
    Show
    IRONY: Roll a listen check

27. - Top - End - #87

Spoiler
    Show

Listen! (1d20+8)[28]
    Elf Senses Go!

Phew, I thought that this game had died like all my other ones.

The lean Elf sat back in the saddle naturally, putting no visible effort into steering or staying atop his horse. He sighed contentedly at the rhythmic gait Natul-Lad had adopted, relaxing comfortably, closing his eyes.

As the wooded forest approached, the Ranger opened one eye, and then the other. His brow furrowed worriedly. As he enters the wood, he begins to look more ill at ease than before.

Hmm. This place feel... Strange. Spirits are restless.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That's not irony... :P
    Listen check - (1d20+1)[4]

Adam makes no attempt at conversation, preferring alertness to companionship. He simply rides quietly along with the others, preferring the center of the group if possible.

29. - Top - End - #89

Helvén

Listen - (1d20-5)[9]

Yes, spirits are always restless. - answers the young knight, and to prove his point, he pulls out a bottle of spirits from his pack, and takes a sip. He seem to be kinda dazed, for ridign in the sun after drinking a tad bit too much. He's not visibly drunk, though.

Then he realizes from Osoend's look on his face that he was talking about another kind of spirits. He gazes ahead of himself, and tries to focus his thoughts for a second.

(detect magic)

30. - Top - End - #90

Cyral Lightningfoot

Having just woken up from napping in the saddle, Cyral looks around with bleary eyes.

"Oh, what a dreadful landscape. Restless spirits?" he looks over at Osoend, "Well, no problem with being careful..."

Ramsey looks over his shoulder at his rider and the two share a nod. The two concentrate and start swiveling their ears around like antennae in a bizarre, asynchronous fashion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haha, intelligent animal means extra checks! It's also good to see the game still going, I wouldn't want to shelve Ramsey .

Cyral Listen - (1d20+3)[9]
    Ramsey Listen - (1d20+5)[9]
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show