New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

To Illopet

"So you are? Well, you don't have to worry about me, then. I don't care at all about the souls of humanoids. I can send more sailors to their death, if that's what you want."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"Do you send birds to their death, or merely sailors?" Asked Illopet. "And no, I don't feel like I should ask you to do anything for me. If you wish to send more to their deaths feel free."

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

One of the original Ensirex, now a liche and one of the leaders of his people, responded to the summons from Auir. With him traveled his Adjutants, two powerful Ensirex necromancers, a small cadre of Undead, some of whom had limbs grafted onto their bodies, and a single Changed. This was the beetle that had gone with Gargax to see the Spire. They arrived at the gate, and the beetle spoke in a chattering voice that screeched to the guards. We are the envoy of the Scholar from the Ensirex Lands, we come from Shilliax the City of Corpses itself.

-----

Gargax, seeing the relic in the ancient earth, reached out a shadowy claw and grabbed it. Those who had died upon seeing it were turned into various intelligent undead, and Gargax brought the relic back to himself. He looked upon it, saw the power it held, and knew that he had to create a mighty artifact from it. He wanted to approach Cyrus to see if the Smith god would help him forge it, but he did not know if he would agree with what he wished to turn it into...
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

the Protoss nodded at the mentions of herbs, and labor...
    "We are nterested in new medicanl herbs, and we are always looking for new workers... we Protoss although numerous, and long lived have a very worker to Scholar ratio. the people of Auir, and Shakuras are more of a laerned people, and w use machines to do our labor when needed. So, what would you want in exchange?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A group of templar, led by the idealistic warrior Adun, the son of the high Protoss King Sargand walked out to meet the giant ant, and the other races a honor gaurd of high templar accomapning him.
    ""Greetings, and welcome to Auir I'am Adun, and will be your host while my fater is out speaking with your queen."
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-09-21 at 08:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

Hive
    Very well,m we;ll give you some samples on the way out. We would like some of your explosives and machinery in return.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The temple.
    you misunderstand, we are not part of the fractured Empire. we are enlightened. We hope that many discoveries are made of this planets history.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Beetle nodded, and the Lich, Zenzora, walked forward followed by the rest of his entourage into the city with Adun.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

"By the will of Baldier it shall be done."
    The Protoss Prince of Auir offered his apologies, and said.
    "I do apologise for the misconception, and I'am glad so many have answered the summouns of Auir to study this new temple of beings we have dubbed the Xel'nagga."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Illopet's scholar to the great temple spoke. "What can you tell us of the temple?"

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

"We have already stationed mamny scholars there, and we have learned quite abit. These beings existed here long before we ever did, and harnessed a odd form of energy the called "Kalla", and that they worshipped some sort of all power that dominated everything in their day to day lives. Nowe, the main reason we have called you here is because alhough we ar e very leanred we have found ourselves unable to proceed past the main entrance, and get past the great doors inside."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

the guide leads the king out of the Hive, and a dozen workers carrying several different types o f fungus follow him to the city.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the skeletons can go through?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

The ogre reacted angrily at Cellis's representative's words. "I am a servant of Illopet. The lord of travel. If anyone get travel past those doors it is me, an ogre of Illopet."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

"its not a matter of moving the doors; it is the matter of the lethal traps that have been placed through out the temple. Needless to say we lost a few good men befopre we discovered what was causign the deaths."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"My lord would bless us to travel through the temples unharmed by traps." Said the Ogre. "I shall to him to bless me with the diving magic that will make our journey easier."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then I suggest we get going."
    The king orders a few Protoss Zealots to bring in some crates of explosives, and a odd harvester machine is also brought out.....
    "I hoep this will suffice the blasting powder in these crates is highly unstable though, so i sugegst you handle with EXTREME care, and follow the intructions on the box."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Illopet

"The birds as well.

Is there anything else you wish to discuss, Traveler?"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

Emissaries from the Valley of Genesis, warriors, workers and scientists, also traveled to the far away temple of the Xel'nagga. Their leader, a dvergar warchief, wore a breastplate made of pulsating muscles.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"No. It ewas nice meeting with you." Said the avatar, with that it popped out of existance.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Adun looked at the peoples assembled. He was indeed plased that all of these peoples were interested in exploring the temple of the Xel'Nagga, and spoke to them telepathicly.
    Today we venture forth into the unknown. We venture forth in the pursuit of knwoldge of our great planets history, and I want you to knwo that not all of us may come out alive."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"If you do die though. I am sure that Illopet will ber here in order to guide you to your final resting place. So do not worry, for life is goof." Said Illopet's ogre.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Beetle and Zenzora merely nod, ready to proceed. Blessings of Gargax upon us all chittered The Beetle.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-21 at 11:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it seems things have moved along quite nicely, so I will continue

Ikassi

All three beings, Damek, Sixrael and Zeratul, had returned to their respective homelands. They each were blessed with strength and endurance seemingly defying reality. Their will and spirit were indominatable and any atempt by anything short of a god to subjugate it would be in vain. They were incredibly resilient to magic near the point of immunity but unable to cast it, Though Zeratul's psionic power still worked since it did not stem from the arcane. The earthbound were able to go for days without food or rest without feeling any ill effects and, of course, they had a limited mastery over the earth, incredibly aware of their immediate terrestrial surroundings almost instantly.

Ikassi did not mind if they used their new-found power for good or evil. They would be uncomprimising in the defense of their people and land.

Imbuing two Myrmici Earthbound, a Male named Set and a a female named Otako, with the starmetal, their chitinous carapaces seemed to become inlaid with the substance. It flowed through their veins and between their joints. After this, she sent them forth along with Zeratul to the temple of the Xel-Naga, for the goddess was curious about these new events.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Once again, a minor god act was spent teaching the Conjurors throughout the lands, ways of summoning. A mysterious relic was found in ruins somewhere on the island as well. Later, of course, this relic would be transformed into an artifact.
    Myrokhan, the Avatar, this time taught the people at the capital about the medical sciences.(Minor Act). Hygenics, and various things of that sort were taught. Surgery advanced, and the people were taught many things about the value of herbs.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

Adun continued talking about the innate dangers that had presented themselves at the temple, and continued edutacting them on what they had found... Then after a few hours of discussion he noticed that 3 beings walked in, one was obviously a dark templar while the others were another race he had never heard of.
    "Greetings I will guess you are here to help with oru expedition into the Temple of the Xel'Naga?"

24. - Top - End - #474

Set bowed deeply as he spoke.

We have traveled far from the southern desert and over the mountains for that very reason. We have been sent by the earth mother herself, however, for the time being, we are yours to command as you will.

Otako remained silent, though she seemed to scrutinize the others with what seemed like an air of distain.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Adun gestured to a group of Protoss sceintists who were working with a odd crystal display system that operated off a blue crystal which the scientists took out of the machne, and handed to Adun.
    "We have found many things inside in the machines in this great hall, and these crystals here seem to be some sort of powering device that generates a power not unlike that which the Twilight Archons themselves give off uncounsiously. We don't know how they did it, but they have apperently emmbded into these crystals historical memory in addition to their primary function. We have been unsuccessful in attining mroe than the most recent of things stored inside these crystals, but the information contained inside has made so many revelations into all the fields available. Medicine, Science, and even war these crystals are the remnats of an anceint race far more powerful than anythign we have ever witnessed."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

The dvergar warchief spoke up.

"How can you be sure we were meant to see all this? What if this is sacrilege?"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

"from what little we could glean from these crystals this enitre temple was DECDICATED to what was considered heresay by their people."

28. - Top - End - #478
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

With a new relic appearing on his lands, he decided to stop the chase for now and head back. From there he compacted the power of the relic into a small pendant. On it bore his symbol. He had named it The Endurer.

Mavil went down to his people, in avatar form of course. It is time that your society had reached the pinnacle of development.He quickly looked for a particular ashenborn. His name was Castel. His was easily bigger than any other ashenborn before him. Mavil waved his hand and summoned him along with the leaders of his two other houses. Azum and Rexgen stood silently as Mavil called Castel forward. When he stood in front it was much easier to see his size. About twice the size of Azum.Today you are blessed with my gift. The Endurer. An artifact capable of extending your resillence and fortitude. I grant this to you and your ancestors.

Castel bowed before him and took the pendant. With honor. He raised himself and put the pendant on.Now it is time for the rise of our race. You have lived here all your lives. Not once has an ashenborn left this wasteland. Now it is time to make it happen. As the avatar vanished Azum, Rexgen, and Castel called their phoenixes and sped off. One to the White City, One to Tekia, And the third to Twighlight city.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Get ready for some fun.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

The warchief laughed.

"Interesting...well, let's get going, then."

30. - Top - End - #480

Alrinach

As the White City revolted below, Nemerensis appeared with a snap in Alrinach's audience chamber, bowing before his lord in a clockword approximation of shame.

Without a word, Alrinach waved away the concerns of the First among his servitors Summoning his divine might, he looked at Alomarra below and conentrated.

All the Gods felt space warp oddly for a moment, and beings who happened to be in Alomarra at the time felt their beings strech, then expand, then move interminably sideways in some manner that defied description.

When the plane-quke was over, Alomarra seemed to shine brighter than ever. Indeed, though it remained on the Material Plane, it was infused now with the essence of the Marble Reaches. Alrinach, using a great deal of energy, subsumed the city into the same vibrational frequency as the Marble Reaches, bringing it into his sanctuary while still keeping it on the Material Plane, separate from the demiplane of the Reaches itself.

As powerful as a Greater God, now, as he lorded over the White City, he snuffed out the dissent of the people with a thought.

Returning his attentions to Nemerensis, he summoned the Artifact to his hand and melded it into the body of his perfect servant, granting the clockwork administrator incredible powers to act as his proxy in all matters of Law.

In a gleaming blaze of light, Nemerensis appeared in the lands of Abraxys, paying a visit to the reclusive god in the name of its Lord.
    "The Lord Alrinach greets you, Shaper."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, guys, I've been busy.

1 Marjor Act to subsume Alomarra into Alrinach's divine sanctuary. He now has the powers of a Greater Diety in the area of and around the White City as well.

1 Major act (and the Artifact) to grant Nemerensis the Law domain powers, usable at will. Perhaps this makes it a demigod or something, I don't know.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-21 at 01:43 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!