New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Lupin

Grinning in agreement at Ikassi's plans, Lupin left whilst giving his approval to return back to his woodland realms, where he found a nice clear green pasture to lay back in and snooze away for as long as he wanted.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

The Divine Engineer lived in a obsidian fortress hidden in the western mountains. It was a cold and damp place. Nemerensis met with two flesh golems who led him inside. The hall was filled with distrurbing statues. The towers held torture chambers and laboratories and were home to the god's failed experiments: chimeras of all shapes and sizes.

Abraxys sat on a throne covered in thorny creeping vines. When Nemerensis arrived, the god was gazing at the frescoes on the ceiling. The paintings depicted planetary alignments, constellations and the like.

The Perfect Form lowered his head.
    "Alrinach sent a servant? Wait...you look quite powerful yourself. Your god gave you those abilities? He must have great plans for you...
    Now, tell me, what did you want to discuss?"

The clockwork ambassador noticed that the walls dripped blood.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

As he three strongest warriors was about to leave his domain he imbued them with a power. They now become impervious to death through mortal means. They have become immortals chosen to lead in Mavil's plans. After some time they arrive in each destination. Azum in the White City, Castel in Twilight City, and Rexgen in Tekia.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major act to make them immortal
    Last edited by Bleedingblade; 2008-09-21 at 02:12 PM.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erothayce

Erothayce roused himself from listening ti the earth speak. "That was quite interesting." He said then went back to his own plane to continue writing in his book. "This is not expeditious. It simply takes too much of mu own time." He concentrated his will and fused power into the book. The power he infused made the book semi-sentient and gave it the ability to record everything that is happening everywhere all the time. "Well, that makes life quite a bit easier."

The time-shifters learned something interesting from the scholars studying the ancient ruins. It seems that one of the most numerous and powerful species that inhabited the region in ages past were naturally invisible and only partially material (i.e. they could become ethereal).

Also, the few explorers that landed on the continent across the sea were struck dead by lightning. All of them. Erothayce could find no natural reason why this would occur. His only thought was that it was another power not yet encountered.

He sent a message to all the gods, "My fellow beings I fear there is another greater power active in the world. My explorers were all struck dead by lightening in an unnatural way and I suspect another being. I felt the need to inform you of this. It unsettles me for I know all that is happening and this is a blind spot for me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Majora ct to create the book.
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-09-21 at 02:19 PM.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

5. - Top - End - #485

Ikassi

The great Spire hummed violently. Ikassi opened her eyes and heard of the being headed towards the Twilight city long before Castel reached the city.

As he came, she was sitting cross-leged on top of the grand Temple of Polaris, disguised as a mortal, waiting to see what this being would do next.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-21 at 02:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486

Alrinach

Nemerensis gazed with mild disinterest at the trappings of Abraxys' domain. It was, like its master, little interested in the suffering of the fleshy creatures that populated the plane. It did note, however, that the Perfect Form was a being of great ingenuity, and it quietly admired the twisted imagination, so devoid in its own clockwork consiousness.

Sweeping its gleaming hand across a wall and examining the blood at it trickled into its metalic palm, Nemerensis inclined its head at the Lord Shaper.

"My Lord would relish the continuation of the conversation so enigmatially terminated when you and he last met. In addition, he admires the creatures of your creation, and wishes to express wonder at the exact nature of their genesis, and the rituals and arts required therein."

-----

Elsewhere, at the gate to the White City, a golden Kolyarut appeared before the Ashneborn emissary of Mavil and inclined its head, speaking in staid but musical tones.

"Greetings, great one. I am Veritia, sublate to Nemorensis, Chancellor and City Administrator of Alomarra and First before Alrinach."

She led him through the glittering opal gates into the city, pausing before a plaza of white stone and abstract statues, surrounded by well-maintained foliage and a bustle of human activity, as the higher castes headed to meetings and attended administrative duities and the lower castes returend to their homes to rest for the afternoon, before attending to their further duities in the evening.

"How may I be of service to you?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

"So he does? Why didn't he come himself, then?"

8. - Top - End - #488

Alrinach

"My Lord sees more movent among his fellow Gods. Many plots teem beneath the surface, and it is his decision to remain within the Reaches, empowering myself and my sublates to act in his stead. Your own veiling of your realm suggests that Your Worship well understands this..." Nemorensis paused to process the right word. "Sentiment."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-21 at 02:44 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

"Your Lord is wise."

(OOC: As the fortress is now warded, the conversation will continue in PM.)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 02:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

In the White City Azum lands at the gate. As he lands the guards are struck in awe. Never in their life have they seen an ashenborn nonetheless a being of fire. As he heads into the city the guards stutter. S.s.s.stop wh.what is yo.your bus.business.I don't mean you any harm, for now at least. Don't mind me I won't be in town too long. But I will require my bird over there to come with me. He walks into the city and heads to the library.

Meanwhile, Castel lands at Twilight City. He walks straight in ignoring all those around him, his phoenix directly behind him. The guards too stunned to say a word at this massive being. In the city Castel stood out. A creature on fire eternally is pretty noticing, but being huge makes it even worse. He headed straight to the temple, without even noting all the staring people.

Finally, Rexgen arrived in Tekia. Unlike the other two he didn't land at the gate. Instead he flew straight to the tree Saradinus blessed upon the city. He perched on top of the massive tree, and dismounted. He stared at the city below.
    Last edited by Bleedingblade; 2008-09-21 at 03:48 PM.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Beetle chittered to the Protoss. Any of them using alot of their psionic power would notice that the Beetle and Zenzora were communicating using mind-speech. Though Zenzora was no master psion, he knew The Beetle would be listening. The Beetles words, though chittery and scraping, translated themselves to those listening. We too have discovered remnants of those who came before, though not such a discovery as this.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

the Protoss being VERY naturally psionic barely hd to try hear their conversation seeing as he was already in their minds broadcasting...

"May Auir guide us all in this time.... We shal be departing shortly."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

The Ant nodded, indeed, we have found such ruins littered around our land as well,
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Another emissary came to the capital of Tekia on this day. He appeared tiny, especially compared to the four hulking bodyguards at his side. They all wore heavy garments concealing most of their bodies. The group arrived at the doorstep of the greatest temple of the city. The ambassador spoke:

"We come in peace, people of Tekia. We are looking for the Archmage Myrokhan, chosen of Saradinus. Your god spoke to one of our friends and told us to seek refuge here. I am certain Myrokhan will know who we are."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 03:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Another emissary came to the capital of Tekia on this day. He appeared tiny, especially compared to the four hulking bodyguards at his side. They all wore heavy garments concealing most of their bodies. The group arrived at the doorstep of the greatest temple of the city. The ambassador spoke:

"We come in peace, people of Tekia. We seek the Archmage Myrokhan, chosen of Saradinus. Your god spoke to one of our friends and told us to seek refuge here. I am certain Myrokhan will know who we are."
    Myrokhan appeared. "Yes, I do know... Ethereals, we fear that you have mistaken Saradinus'es creations as agents of your enemy The Big Serpent. Is that why you believe that we are enemies of yours?"

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Silver-Tongued, Ocogoiks, had a well established cult in the major dwarven city, he had followers in every quarter of life, from architecture to military, and it was slowly growing. This, combined with the many towns and minor cities he had already infiltrated, and his cult was fast becoming like a thorny weed, intertwining itself with the society and slowly influencing it, as well as establishing its roots, so that any attempt at removal would have sweeping effects. Ocogoiks wished to extend the glory of his Silver Children to the new lizard-people, and the true capital of Cyrus, the Ogres. The lizards would come first, he decided, the ogres would be more ingrained in their belief, and it would be hard to get them even to accept a second deity into their lives, if he ever wished to become their sole patron, a goal he did not intend to even dream of for millenia, he would need time. He wished to remain in the dwarven capital, as a physical reminder of his glory to his followers, so he sent for his eldest Changed follower, the former dwarf, Svearin. At the heart of every cult was a Silver Noble, and Svearin had just elected his replacement, a female named Alexia, which freed his trusted aid to extend his influence to the Prora. Svearin appeared before his lord, and kneeled. What does my lord command? he requested in a sonorous and beautiful voice. In every way the Silver Nobles reflected their Prince save their glory. Their size, the palpable power they gave off, and their glowing magnificence increased in stages to show their status. Svearin was second only to his lord, who shined with the magnificence of one truly powerful. Go my acolyte, bring the gift of the Silver Order to the Prora, show them our beauty and magnificence. spoke the Silver-Tongued Prince, and Svearin nodded, no more encouragement needed.

17. - Top - End - #497

Erothayce

As the giant being of fire came towards the Great Library a retinue of time-shifters came out. "What is it you require? We are sorry but we cannot allow you to go into this library there is too much precious knowledge here. We cannot knowingly put it into danger. Simply ask your questions and we shall answer them."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

then The Xel'Nagga were obviously a vast, and powerful empire before its fall. I wodner what could have caused sucha might civlization to die?"

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The ambassador paused to think. He then pulled back his hood, revealing his copper colored skin, wide green eyes and short grey hair.

"Greetings great sage. My name is Mikanos, of the Timeforged. We are not the one you call Ethereals; we are, in fact, their allies. They are still afraid. We can't blame them, after their whole civilization was wiped out by beings worshipping similar gods.

To tell you the truth, we also thought that all gods served the Big Serpent. Perhaps we were wrong."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 03:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblade View Post
    Mavil

In the White City Azum lands at the gate. As he lands the guards are struck in awe. Never in their life have they seen an ashenborn nonetheless a being of fire. As he heads into the city the guards stutter. S.s.s.stop wh.what is yo.your bus.business.I don't mean you any harm, for now at least. Don't mind me I won't be in town too long. But I will require my bird over there to come with me. He walks into the city and heads to the library.

Meanwhile, Castel lands at Twilight City. He walks straight in ignoring all those around him, his phoenix directly behind him. The guards too stunned to say a word at this massive being. In the city Castel stood out. A creature on fire eternally is pretty noticing, but being huge makes it even worse. He headed straight to the temple, without even noting all the staring people.

Finally, Rexgen arrived in Tekia. Unlike the other two he didn't land at the gate. Instead he flew straight to the tree Saradinus blessed upon the city. He perched on top of the massive tree, and dismounted. He stared at the city below.
    Seven wyvern riders perched on the Tree to welcome Rexgen. "What is your business here?" They asked politely, but sternly.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The dvergar warchief turned to the protoss.

"The ruins we uncovered were different from those. We believe many civilizations existed prior to ours."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 03:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

a rival perhaps? or a war among gods, their patrons versus more primordial spirits?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Beetle and Zanzora nodded with the Dvergar, this time Zanzora took the lead. You misunderstood us, the ruins we have found stem from a different peoples than those you call the Xel'nagga.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys

The people of the Valley of Genesis had already established trade relations with the Enlightened, but they refused to let them enter the Cyst and claim bodies. The crime rate in the valley was extremely low anyway.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-21 at 04:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

As does the ruins in the valley.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

an avatar of Cellis appeared in the Heart of the White City, Alrinach, I have some very important information that you will almost certainly value

another appears next to the Cryst, and says the same to Abraxys
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

26. - Top - End - #506

Ikassi

Ikassi continued to watch the flaming giant as he pushed past the guards. She leapt from the building so that she would be waiting in front of the temple doors when Castel came.

Ahh, so a visitor. What brings you to the Twilight City? I am afraid that none may enter the temple at this time.

To Castel, she looked like just another mortal.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex agreed to the Enlighteneds offer. Most of their criminals became undead anyway, and their crime-rate was low. As it stood, the vast majority of those in their jails were the would-be rebels that had lived to be arrested.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-21 at 04:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Cellis

A servant of the Divine Engineer greeted the avatar of Cellis. He told him that the Master was busy at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus blessed the city again... this time, the teaching at the Academy would be much more succesful.(Minor godly act) Myrokhan spoke kindly with the Ethereals before departing... "Please, I have someone to speak with..."

Myrokhan met with the wyvern riders on the Tree... "State your business, honored guest." Myrokhan said to Rexgen.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

the trader quickly subsumes all the criminals, then goes back to work. The newly subsumed bodies ask for their work for the next two years.

To Abraxys

Very well, however I think he'll find the information quite interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp