New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Cyrus

Cyrus frowns as he silently casts a spell to peer into the creature's mind. After a few more moments, he speaks up. "While I cannot say I approve of your actions, my people are free to choose. You will be allowed to remain in my realm, but only if you agree to my rules. First, you're church will be public; only those with something to hide try so hard to remain unnoticed. Second, you and yours will cease consuming souls without that person's permission. Only if the person is truly willing to let you consume them will it be allowed. Break either of these, and I will destroy you and your kind. Do you understand?

Meanwhile, Cyrus sent an avatar to the White City. There, he addressed Alnirach. "My people will remain where they are. They can seek refuge in the mountains if they must. But I will assist in whatever way I can."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Ocogoiks flawless fluid-"face" betrayed no emotion, for there were no features to show emotion on. He mind-spoke to the other god. I did not seek to hide my peoples path, if I had why would I have asked that your high Priests be directed to me? And the souls I consumed were given freely, I told them they would become one with the Silver Host, and so they have. He paused a moment to think, deep in his mind, a thought that even Gargax could not have twisted from his mind with all his power, or even the god of the Protoss wrench from the black fathoms of his swirling conscious A blind man lead to his death, even willingly, is still murder is it not?... Snapping out of his moment of reverie the Silver Prince mind-spoke again Do not worry Cyrus, I have no intent of breaking these edicts, even now "me and mine" extend our influence to others' willing followers.

Obviously despite the insight gleaned from his mind by the other, an intrusion he had been able to mark, Cyrus did not know the true nature of the creatures he dealt with. Ocogoiks thought it best to keep it that way, and warded his mind carefully and subtly, locking away his inner knowledge behind walls that would not be visible to one peering inside his thoughts.

---

Gargax's avatar arrived in the White City, the Chalice of Souls held casually in his hand, his hat once again discarded revealing his horns. Gargax's robes were even more luxurious than usual, bedecked in valuable but sinister items, horned skulls and twisted faces, terrible but awesome runes and symbols, and more. I for one would see the destruction end. It does not suit my ends for the world to fall and burn to ash. And of course, I could use a sample of the creature... and to this he lifts his Chalice, its contents clear to see, and he smiles.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-22 at 08:42 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #633
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

In response to Alrinach Mavil sent an avatar to the White City. An enemy of a enemy is an ally in his eyes. He proceeded to the gate to see if he was going to be allowed in.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

As Ikassi approached the gates of the white city, She stopped to look at the flame god.

So, you have the courage to come after what you tried to do. I doubt that you will be welcomed warmly. I, for one, hate you with all of my being.

Her face softened and she continued.

However, we may still need your help. I will support your entry to the marble city if only for that reason. Perhaps, if you are lucky, I may be able to forgive you. We shall see.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi

As Ikassi approached the gates of the white city, She stopped to look at the flame god.

So, you have the courage to come after what you tried to do. I doubt that you will be welcomed warmly. I, for one, hate you with all of my being.

Her face softened and she continued.

However, we may still need your help. I will support your entry to the marble city if only for that reason. Perhaps, if you are lucky, I may be able to forgive you. We shall see.
    Saradinus'es face appeared in the White City. "I can offer support to the gods through my artifact without getting in the way. I might not be a greater god in White Castle, but I am a greater god in Tekia. As a greater god, I can attack Ksailai with the Book of Grand Spells through the crystal scry."

6. - Top - End - #636

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus'es face appeared in the White City. "I can offer support to the gods through my artifact without getting in the way. I might not be a greater god in White Castle, but I am a greater god in Tekia. As a greater god, I can attack Ksailai with the Book of Grand Spells through the crystal scry."
    Ikassi

The goddess looked up at the disembodied face.

That will be most helpful. I too do not require that we be in my realm to be of significant assistance. It does require that I move my spire, though. Difficult, but not impossible...

Though it has to be said, both you and I will still be considerably weakened. I will most likely be outside my realm and you will be casting spells from miles away.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Cyrus frowns as he silently casts a spell to peer into the creature's mind. After a few more moments, he speaks up. "While I cannot say I approve of your actions, my people are free to choose. You will be allowed to remain in my realm, but only if you agree to my rules. First, you're church will be public; only those with something to hide try so hard to remain unnoticed. Second, you and yours will cease consuming souls without that person's permission. Only if the person is truly willing to let you consume them will it be allowed. Break either of these, and I will destroy you and your kind. Do you understand?

Meanwhile, Cyrus sent an avatar to the White City. There, he addressed Alnirach. "My people will remain where they are. They can seek refuge in the mountains if they must. But I will assist in whatever way I can."
    The disembodied face speaks to Cyrus'es avatar. "I will now enchant an area around a city of your choice with my Grand Book of Spells to make it easier for your people to escape the Ksailai. Should it be the Dwarven City or another?"

8. - Top - End - #638

Alrinach

Nemerensis met the assembled Gods at the opal gates and, with a long look at Mavil, waved its golden fingers. In an instant, all those present were transported to a grand room in the upper levels of the Marble Reaches. Far below, as the white marble architecture faded into blackness, the Gods could see numerous Kolyaruts and Maruts moving through the elaborate but stately honeycomb of hallways and arches and bridges and balconies. A balcony jutted from this large concourse level over the abyss of darkness below, and massive streams of faintly glowing blue souls twisted through the air all thrugh the Reaches, past where the Gods now stood to splinter like a thousand azure embers into different paths. It was an awe-inspiring sight.

In the center of the large room was a large table, haloed by an illusion of the plane below. A number of marble thrones were arrayed around the battle map and eslewhere throught the concourse, providing a space for Gods to quietly converse or meet with their avatars separate from the rest of the group.

Alrinach stood over the illusion of the plane and consulted quietly with two golden Maruts as the divines arrived, then gestured each of them to take a seat around the table.

"My generals have been gathering my mechanical armies to prepare to march, should such a thing be necessary. Even their destruction would provide no further souls to the Firebird, so it may be an effective stalling tactic. In the meantime, I'm considering expending a great deal of power to tighten my grip on the souls of the plane: the object would be to effectivly reduce the 'travel' time of each soul to and instantaneous translocation to the Reaches. Hopefully, as I am significantly skilled in these magics and procedures, this will render the souls of the general populace unavailable to the Bird."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach

Nemerensis met the assembled Gods at the opal gates and, with a long look at Mavil, waved its golden fingers. In an instant, all those present were transported to a grand room in the upper levels of the Marble Reaches. Far below, as the white marble architecture faded into blackness, the Gods could see numerous Kolyaruts and Maruts moving through the elaborate but stately honeycomb of hallways and arches and bridges and balconies. A balcony jutted from this large concourse level over the abyss of darkness below, and massive streams of faintly glowing blue souls twisted through the air all thrugh the Reaches, past where the Gods now stood to splinter like a thousand azure embers into different paths. It was an awe-inspiring sight.

In the center of the large room was a large table, haloed by an illusion of the plane below. A number of marble thrones were arrayed around the battle map and eslewhere throught the concourse, providing a space for Gods to quietly converse or meet with their avatars separate from the rest of the group.

Alrinach stood over the illusion of the plane and consulted quietly with two golden Maruts as the divines arrived, then gestured each of them to take a seat around the table.

"My generals have been gathering my mechanical armies to prepare to march, should such a thing be necessary. Even their destruction would provide no further souls to the Firebird, so it may be an effective stalling tactic. In the meantime, I'm considering expending a great deal of power to tighten my grip on the souls of the plane: the object would be to effectivly reduce the 'travel' time of each soul to and instantaneous translocation to the Reaches. Hopefully, as I am significantly skilled in these magics and procedures, this will render the souls of the general populace unavailable to the Bird."
    Saradinus
    Saradinus, meanwhile, utilizes another minor act to create a dragon sanctuary elsewhere on the island. The dragon sanctuary still increases the strength and breath power of the dragons. Meanwhile, Saradinus hopes that the dragons congregate their. Saradinus passes a law that forbids racial bickering. Meanwhile, Myrokhan teaches yet another battle mage unit with lesser versions of the Proto-artifact.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-23 at 02:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looks up at Sardinus and nods his head. "That would be most acceptable. Thank you brother. Later, he nods as he listens to Alnirach. "My golems too can be used to help delay the Bird, as they lack souls."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Due to the actions of the Firebird, massive volcanoes emerged from the ground in 5,9 , 7,9 and 8, 10. Also, entire areas were permanently scarred by he supernatural fire, becoming known as "Charred Lands". Those regions are characterized by infertile soil, mutated wildlife and lakes alight with fire. Charred lands are found all around the northern and the eastern parts of the continent, even in godly domains. The only way to return the land to the way it was before is to use a Major Act to alter reality.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

[can we have the coordinates of the scarred lands?
    Cellis

Some ants Hives might relocate to near here, but the Enlightened are fine where they are. I thank you for the offer

The ants by the volcanoes generally go away, farming any areas that have become calmer.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    [can we have the coordinates of the scarred lands?
    Cellis

Some ants Hives might relocate to near here, but the Enlightened are fine where they are. I thank you for the offer

The ants by the volcanoes generally go away, farming any areas that have become calmer.
    (Despite having done a god act earlier, its been at least a dozen hours for me.)
    Saradinus then enhanced another area with a minor god act to be a place to accomodate dragons. This place has the benefits of the other sanctuaries.... Breathe weapons work better, and they possess more powerful magic..

14. - Top - End - #644

Ikassi

Some of my earthbound may be sent to other lands to combat the fire bats. My people can protect themselves and, in the desert, there is little that can burn.

As for me, I will confront this being personally. Golems will help, but they certainly will not be enough.

Meanwhile, as lakes of fire began to appear over the desert, Myrmici actually began to migrate towards them. Being a race made for surviving in absolutely atrocious conditions, they still managed to find sustenance and they used the lakes of fire to make glassware far superior than any they made before.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss being the kings of innovation decided to use the lakes of fire as natural forges to rid the impurites from metal, and thus create far superior metal machinary, and tools.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I will also confront this being personally I do not wish for the warriors of Auir as mighty as they be to be felled needlessly."

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

indeed, however, maybe we could try to destroy the bats all at once, some of the enlightened's new war bodes should be able to destroy them quite well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think that would do nicely. My peoples have recently developed something that may interest you all though."
    with that a medieval cannon appaered in front of them. It was normal in all ways in except two. One it was made of a odd glowing blue crystal, and it crackled with electricty.
    "Apprently they have found a way to launch lightning from these machines harnessing the natural psionic powers they posses, and emiting it as powerful energy."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

I too shall stand against the firebird, my servants will not die because of some overzealous pyromancer... and I would see one or two of those firebats captured... I will have my servants do this task if noone minds He curled his clawed hand into a fist, and six creatures leapt into being. They had always been there, but Gargax had called them into the land of mortals, and he blessed each of them personally. They each became far more powerful than previously, and he granted them suits of armor tinged with the blue flames of his Immortality, making them impervious to mundane flames, and highly resistant to flames of all calibers, he sent these Changed Goalers to secure one or more of the firebirds for him, knowing as he stared into their fiery blue eyes, and the featureless helmets of the armor that was now their forms, that they were more than up to the task.

19. - Top - End - #649

Ikassi

I believe the only wat to destroy the bats all at once is to confront their source. When we destroy them all, what assurance do we have that K'salli will not simply create more?

20. - Top - End - #650
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

May I state an important fact. While this god is destroying lands he is also creating his downfall. May I remind you that my followers of beings of fire. If I pleased it they could easily eliminate these bats without any difficult. These areas may be uninhabital by your followers, but mine can easily cross them and confront his followers. He wouldn't he even dare send them to my lands in the first place. I suggest we set a distraction so thhat the ashenborn can destroy all his followers. Afterwords the being of the sea can take action. I believe this cause the least amount of casualities for all.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

I think it would be unwise to have the fight in a charred land.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

22. - Top - End - #652

Ikassi

If there is no fuel for the fire, it cannot burn. Do not dismiss the possibility of fighting K'salli on the charred lands as a bad idea. It would certainly be preferably to, say, a forest. Also, there would be far less damage done to the surrounding landscape.

Mavil, if you can use your ashenborn to combat the bats, even though I doubt that beings of fire can do much to harm other beings of elemental fire, they will at the very least slow them down and make it far easier for us to dispatch them with, as you said, very few casualties.

As for Ossua, I assume that he and K'salli would be evenly matched. Perhaps Osuua will even be disadvantaged unless we can get K'salli over the sea, which I doubt we can manage. We will still have to assist the Calamity so the scales tip in his favor.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-23 at 08:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

I assume that the Firebird will have made the charred lands to be linked to elemental fire. Why else ruin the land? and as for the Sea...Ikassi, would you be adverse to causing a rather large earthquake?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

He is a being of the most elemental nature of fire, and the nature of fire is to burn. Supposition is all well and good, but it seems like he just wants to reduce all to ash, a goal all true beings of fire hold to their hearts. There may be no more motive than this. When speaking of the true beings of fire, he looked pointedly at the Fire God.

25. - Top - End - #655

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Cellis

I assume that the Firebird will have made the charred lands to be linked to elemental fire. Why else ruin the land? and as for the Sea...Ikassi, would you be adverse to causing a rather large earthquake?
    Ikassi absolutely beamed at this.

With pleasure!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show

The charred lands are found in those squares:
    5,8 , 5,9 , 7,7 , 7,9 , 7,10 , 8,3 , 8,4 , 8,6 , 8,10 , 9,6 , 9,8 , 9,10 , 10,5

Also, I'm waiting for the gods to take some kind of action before having Ossua intervene. You're doing great right now, by the way. Good planning.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-09-23 at 09:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus uses his powers to raise up the mountains surrounding his people's domain, with few and easily defended passes; hopefully they would prove a useful defense. Cyrus also noticed the new races that had apparently been here all along: the ethereals, the gnomes, and the minotaurs. He took particular interest in the minotaurs. Strong and honorable, they would make fitting additions to his peoples.

And so Cyrus shaped a new city to the west of the others. Built into the side of a mountain, the city was suited to a large species. And to populate the city, he created a race of minotaurs. He immediately sent delegates from the other three races to meet with their new brethern and teach them all they could, especially concerning him and the state of affairs in the world.

Cyrus sent a dream to the minotaurs living on Sardinus' island, telling them how they caught the attention of a new god and how this god had reproduced their people. This new god, Cyrus the Smith, wished for them to come and lead these new people if they would, or at the least live amongst them and teach them what they would. They had only to agree and they would be transported there.

At the same time, Cyrus sent a message to Sardinus. "Brother, I have created more of the minotaurs and made them a city. I have invited those minotaur living on your island to join these others. If they wish to accept, would you be willing to transport them to their new city?"

Spoiler
    Show

Major act to create minotaurs
    Minor act to change terrain and make the city
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-24 at 03:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Cyrus

(Do we have our Major Acts back?)
    "Those living in the capital can stay... The volcanos are only in our southern lands... With the Life Tree right near by us, it should have the same effect as the taint I've discovered across the sea through my scrying. The Tree of Life should eventually take over the volcano after a long time. However, for the time being the southerners, if they would like to go to your city may."

29. - Top - End - #659

Alrinach

"When everyone is prepared, I shall begin the attack by pulling as many souls on this plane as possible into my realm: hopefully, this will surprise and weaken the Firebird. I'm prepared to do this now: simply say the word."

Spoiler
    Show

I have one Major Act left, and I'll use it preceding our assault. I'll go ahead and do that in about 24 hours, so that everyone has time to prepare. Tell me to hold off if you need more time.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-24 at 12:33 AM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

[wait, my valleys a useless wasteland? ]

I'm ready whenever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing