New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

The Old Lich appears, Chalice in one clawed hand, what looks like a humanoid femur in the other. He looks up at the group. I would be remiss to admit I tire of these social-callings, but I must attest a certain annoyance at how often they are called. What is the grand crisis this time?
    "A war with my ally calls me to attention." quiped Saradinus. "I see a misunderstanding between their civilization has lead to an understandable but still hasty invasion. I am unsure what exactly has happened, because of some... other things I am attending to."

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

the goat responded
    What do you want for it? I can think of several way to make similar ones that do not require constant magic to live.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

"well i request that you cease these aggresions against my people, for even though Auir is hidden to even your eyes I do not wish for my peoples to be dying en masse becuase of some virus."

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

It requires no more magic than we have already provided. Merely make sure it eats some rocks at least once a month and it will be fine, It is a living breathing creature. As for what we want for it, we'll leave it up to you to make an offer.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

A Hive Mind is rarely suicidal, and I'm sure total war would end up looking like mutual suicide, peace will be quite easy if the invasion is gone.

enlightened

we have what we always have, labor, food, and minerals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax gestures toward Baldier with the bone, rolling his wrist lazily so the femur made a slow circle in the air. Isn't Auir under your purview? It doesn't seem like it would be a real stretch for you to banish any diseases in places of your godly power... or am I missing something? he raises the patch of skin on his forehead that would contain an eyebrow, a mute pause hanging in the air.

---

We could use some minerals to test with, and some precious metals like gold or silver or copper. Also, your specialized life-forms interest us and were an obvious source of inspiration for us, we'd like to ask for some to experiment on and research if thats all right with you...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-26 at 08:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

Which ones are you interested in, it seems a fair trade for the ability to create these mining devices in exchange for any one or two breeds.

Cellis

Protoss are not exactly the worlds most hardy people.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-26 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

"It is in fact in my godly domain, but in case your frogetting the great power that created us has put us under threat of annhilation if we interefere directly."

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

is that all you wish to speak of? a peace can be easily organized
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

"well I also have another matter to discuss with you... within the millenia I predict that my Protoss shall be departing for this planets moon, and I would like to request that a single man of each of your races would be on board the ship that will be taking them to this moon. Although I will warn you against using your subsuming beings Cellis, and Gargax against his liches, and zombies."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

You would deny my people the right to send some of their eldest, most respected and most knowledgeable members? I don't know if you care for the undead or not, but to my people they are sacred.

---

We do not know of many, we are most familiar with your harvesters, and yes it does sound like a fair compromise.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

"it is not so much that I do not respect them it is their ability to convert others to undead that I do not want on that ship."

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Archlich could barely keep the smile from his face. So you're not worried about my necromancers or indeed, any of my Ensirex? All of my people have at least rudimentary ability to raise the dead, it just doesn't usually come up.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

"I dont want your men defiling the corpses of my Protoss, or for that matter any of the others people. I have seen what you do to animals who die in your regions, and I'm far from condoning such acts. I merely ask taht you put someone in there that does not have the ability to raise someone put a illusion over it, and send them abck to their respective civs to spread evil infulence."

15. - Top - End - #885
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The smile fell, still clinging to civility, but nonetheless put off, Gargax responds again. All of my people can raise the dead, and to deny the most respected members of a society of a people you yourself seek to invite due to a petty fear of scheming is an insult to their honesty. I may scheme, and my people scheme with me, but our words are truth. As we seek immortality in our lives, so to do we seek immortality in our debts and our oaths.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

"If your words hold true then your people will be allowed on the exploritory ship, but I will warn you even your ensirex will need protection from the hazards of the Void."

17. - Top - End - #887
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

Alrinach watched the timeline rewind and reknit with something akin to displeasure. It was, however, illuminating.

Nemerensis still stood before an aspect of Gargax and considered.

"Is there no way that Alrinach and Gargax can rule together?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Gone for a day and i have to read FIVE pages of posts...

Cyrus

Cyrus frowns as he watches the Silver-tongued announce himself to the city. He shakes his head, then shrugs. His so-called churches were still only a small minority. It would simply be a test of his people's faith.

More troubling was the Cyst. Cyrus attempts to contact its ruler, but failing to hear anything, sends messages to his clerics, warning them to keep an eye on the Cyst. But to also keep a distance.

The war to the north troubles Cyrus' people and they prepare to send armies to assist. The Prora, using the ships of the Protoss as a guide, were developing extremely efficient and powerful boats that could easily handle the rough seas. They had even begun experimenting with boats that travelled under the ocean's surface.

Cyrus went to the conclave as he always appeared: a large ogre carrying a large warhammer. Dressed in simple cloths with large leather apron worn over them, it was obvious he had been busy at the forge. He glances around, then at Baldier. He listens for a moment, then shakes his head. "It always comes down to force. It happened back home, and is happening here," he mutters. He glances at Ikassi, nodding politely to her as he steps closer.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-26 at 11:34 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

19. - Top - End - #889

Erothayce

As Erothayce sat in his realm he watched the bickering gods with didain. "Fighting amongst each other for what? Land? What is land and who has a right to say any piece of it is exclusively theirs? My people should not have to deal with this. I shall enhance their power so they can escape easily or try to avert such things from happening."
    Erothayce gathered his power and gave it unto his followers. They could now travel the pathways of time at will with no ill side effects, they could also bring along one other being to bear witness to things."That should help solve some disputes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Major act to empower my people. I have one left. Feel free to use my people to resolve disputes if time is necessary.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post
    Erothayce

As Erothayce sat in his realm he watched the bickering gods with didain. "Fighting amongst each other for what? Land? What is land and who has a right to say any piece of it is exclusively theirs? My people should not have to deal with this. I shall enhance their power so they can escape easily or try to avert such things from happening."
    Erothayce gathered his power and gave it unto his followers. They could now travel the pathways of time at will with no ill side effects, they could also bring along one other being to bear witness to things."That should help solve some disputes."

Spoiler
    Show
    Major act to empower my people. I have one left. Feel free to use my people to resolve disputes if time is necessary.
    your not allowed to use acts to empower people anymore.

Cellis

slightly perplexed, but all the Enlightened can sybsume creatures, it's built into the hive mind.

Enlightened

which one? the food harvester? or one of the others?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    your not allowed to use acts to empower people anymore.

Cellis

slightly perplexed, but all the Enlightened can sybsume creatures, it's built into the hive mind.

Enlightened

which one? the food harvester? or one of the others?
    (OOC: Since Erothayce was offline these last days due to a vile rodent, I'll let him use this one act to empower his people one last time.)

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

The massive Protoss vessel sent to the new continent sat just offshore. The land so far uncovered was...tainted. The creatures that they had seen were massive monstrosities that slipped away back into the ever-present fog or into the water. The one creature they had managed to kill and eat had left them ill for days afterwards, not to mention the taste of it.

One day a boat appeared sailing towards them from up the coast. The ship, while not as massive as the Protoss vessel, apparently had a metal hull and several gun and cannon emplacements could be seen. The crew on the deck appeared to be large, furry humanoids, as well a handful of other races. A white flag was flying from the prow, and the guns seemed to be guarding more against the creatures in the waters than at the Protoss.

When they sailed within a few hundred yards, a magical message was heard by all those in the same room as the captain. "Greetings to you strangers. If you have come in peace, we greet you warmly. If not, we will warn you once to turn back or be destroyed. If you wish peace, simply raise a white flag. We will send an envoy to your ship then, or you may send one to our vessel. The choice is yours. Your commanding officer may speak aloud, and we will hear his answer."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

If you allowed my dead along this would be less of a problem. What fear have corpses for the embrace of the void?

---

The Ensirex wished to join their fellow sea-faring nations in exploring the new lands. They sent three ships, The Seagrave, Shallow Dead
    and the flagship of the small fleet, Bone's Grip. The three ships raised their skin-sails and set course for the new lands.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Calamity of the Seas claimed some Ensirex as her own, but the fleet was mostly left alone during the crossing of the ocean. Still, it was a dangerous voyage. The southern ocean is agitated and full of hazards.

New location: Black waters
    1 square in the ocean
    Description: The Black Waters are sacred to Ossua. In this region, no wind blows. No wildlife can survive in the water, except for the monstrous spawns of the Calamity. The water itself has corrosive properties, capable of slowly eating the hull of any ship unprotected by magic.

25. - Top - End - #895

The Myrmici are not seafaring folk and have a general fear of being too far from their homeland. However, the costal settlements began constructing sturdy ships of chitin and bone. Tanned hides were used as sails.

These ships were lightweight and fast, though they usually were quite small. They were most often used for fishing and transporting goods down the coast.

Myrmici settlers colonized southwards in squares 7,5, the coast of 7,4 and near the volcanoes in 9,4.

Set and Otako bid their farewells to prince Adun and returned to their homelands.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-27 at 12:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    The massive Protoss vessel sent to the new continent sat just offshore. The land so far uncovered was...tainted. The creatures that they had seen were massive monstrosities that slipped away back into the ever-present fog or into the water. The one creature they had managed to kill and eat had left them ill for days afterwards, not to mention the taste of it.

One day a boat appeared sailing towards them from up the coast. The ship, while not as massive as the Protoss vessel, apparently had a metal hull and several gun and cannon emplacements could be seen. The crew on the deck appeared to be large, furry humanoids, as well a handful of other races. A white flag was flying from the prow, and the guns seemed to be guarding more against the creatures in the waters than at the Protoss.

When they sailed within a few hundred yards, a magical message was heard by all those in the same room as the captain. "Greetings to you strangers. If you have come in peace, we greet you warmly. If not, we will warn you once to turn back or be destroyed. If you wish peace, simply raise a white flag. We will send an envoy to your ship then, or you may send one to our vessel. The choice is yours. Your commanding officer may speak aloud, and we will hear his answer."
    [you do know that the ship is VERy heavily armed right? The Iron Titan was inspired by the ship albiet this one lacks a artifact powerign the cannon its still damned powerful]
    The Protoss were abuzz at the sight of the new peoples, and their non psi powered ships. How they knew this is because in every protoss ship an Protoss worthy of being called one could easily detect the swirling chaotic energies that powered each weapon, and even the rudimentary heating systems for the chilly ocean nights....
    The ship before them did not live as their own did, and aside from the VERY few entities aboard the ship that had any psionic power the ship apperaed as a black void to the highest ranking High Templar upon the "Abjurant Avenger", aqnd thu it was the First mate Razaghal who responded with the white flag.
    "We come as explorers of a new land, and mean no har to the inhabitants of this new land."

27. - Top - End - #897

Erothayce

As the time-shifters saw other races go to the other continent they felt the itch that had dragged a small number of them there in the first. Using much knowledge gained from other races on ship building they constructed a middling sized ship and set sail for the new continent. Knowing that they might not find food at first they packed an extra large amount of it. Then they set off.

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It didn't take long before the other vessel sent an envoy. The foreigner, a tall humanoid with dark orange skin, rowed a small craft towards the protoss warship. Once on board, he asked to speak with the highest ranking officer.

"Huk Tal, friend. I am Karum son of Kalias. Today I speak in the name of my people, the Riceak, and the Latisius Consortium. You say you are explorers, correct? Then you'll be disappointed to learn that most of the continent is already inhabited, except for the Tainted Coast where you happened to land. However, this could be the start of a great friendship between our nations...

Tell me, where do you come from and what is the name of your people?"

29. - Top - End - #899

Erothayce

The time-shifters landed on the new continent and sent out an expedition party to survey the land surrounding their landing point. The expeditionary forces found only desolation and things barely alive. Gathering all their supplies into their modified wagons they set off for the interior of the land.

erothayce.tumblr.com

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex ships, The Seagrave, Shallow Dead, and Bone's Grip arrived on the coast of the new land. The ships had been battered over the high seas but it was nothing that couldn't be repaired with the bones and bodies of sea creatures. As they reached the shore the death-ships moaned, whether in delight at their new discovery or curiosity for the newfound land the Ensirex could not tell.