New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Actually yes, you recall the naval battle that happened a while ago? a few of the ships were destroyed and I'm required to see if I can convince you to give the souls killed by the sea monsters to the Calamity.
    "I will deliver them personally. Have no fear."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis
    to Alrinach
    excellent, . I don't suppose you have any insight into the inhabitants of the new land, do you receive there souls on death?

To Ikassi, that is correct. do you have any colonists heading for the new land?
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-09-28 at 02:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus appeared in a vision to Rogen. He granted Rogen the powers to cast spells as a "cleric". From his domains only. Meanwhile, Myrokhan appeared in the dreams of the Conjurors and instructed them in the ways of Circle Magic.(Uh, one at a time. As a minor act. Instead of en mass, in order to not violate the boosting rules)

4. - Top - End - #934

Ikassi

to Cellis.
    No, the Myrmici have not dared venture to the new land as of yet. They have a somewhat unsettling necessity to be near the land. Perhaps I need to do something about that.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-28 at 02:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #935

Cellis
    to Alrinach
    excellent, . I don't suppose you have any insight into the inhabitants of the new land, do you receive there souls on death?
    "My beacon calls souls from everywhere on this plane. I could investigate the souls of their fallen and learn some interesting things, I suppose."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-28 at 02:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936

Erothayce

The time-shifters soldiered on through the swamp. The ones who had become sick sealed themselves away in a static time bubble so the sickness wouldn't get worse. At long last they broke through the swamp onto a new land not tainted by sickness.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Cellis
    to Alrinach
    "My beacon calls souls from everywhere on this plane. I could investigate the souls of their fallen and learn some interesting things, I suppose."
    just thought, since we know nothing of inhabitants of the new land.

to Ikassi Very well then, good day. the avatar disappears.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Meanwhile the mystic cloud created by Saradinus continued to travel throughout the world granting boons to those who treated his followers justly. Those who treated his people, both ethereals and Saradinians were rewarded with large harvests and slightly enchanted waters which would be useful for fresh water.

9. - Top - End - #939

Erothayce

Erothayce was pleased with his people and all they had done. He decided that the book should be given unto mankind. So one day he appeared in the Great Library where no one was and created a special room only the most sane, knowledgeable, people could enter and put the book into the room. He then appeared to his people in a mass dream and told them of the Book but warned them of its mighty power.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Shortly after leaving the swamp, the time-shifters were met by a large band of humanoids. A mixed group, an orange-skinned humanoid steps forward and hails them. "Greetings travellers. If you originate from the swamp, you must turn back now or face the consequences. Know that you are trespassing on the lands of the Ryceak now. Explain your intentions for being here."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ensirex quickly establish control of the surrounding lands, and begin establishing a more permanent base. Their research continues, and soon they expand the subject of their research to the creatures of the tainted lands. They have begin experiments using necromancy on the new beasts, and have exposed dirt and captive creatures to samples of the corrupted land and creatures of the Ensirex lands, and even some captured essence of the Daggers corruption itself. More ships are launched from the Ensirex lands, larger ships bearing more crew and more highly skilled researchers and priests, as well as metal-flesh constructs.

---

The Shade King makes a vague gesture with his "head", which is taken to be nodding. We find this most agreeable.

---

Gargax shakes his head I do not think it is my magic, I can sense nothing wrong with it, and for all intents and purposes it seems to be acting in the same manner. While he speaks to the being of Alrinach, he sent a message to Ikassi: Perhaps you can help me ascertain the source of the strange occurences in my land. Would you help me discover what is occuring?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    A few proto-type spell jammer ships hovered across the waves, hoping to survive the horrors of the sea. Saradinus'es crew was armed with a few conjurors, wizards and oceanamancers. The oceanomancers used Circle magic to make sure the ship would be much more protected than usual. Captains were chosen who made frequent trade between Tekia island and the continent.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus, having fully recovered from his injuries, was pleased with his people's progress. While the rogue church was growing, the vast majority of his people continued to worship him and him alone. The Prora had become excellent shipwrights, and a small fleet of ships was ready to carry a contingent of all four peoples to the new continent everyone was talking about.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Ocogoiks, like his father, was interested in the new world as well. He knew nothing of the Ensirex's trouble, and Gargax doubted he would be particularly moved if he did. The Ensirex were not his people. Knowing that honesty was the best approach with a god like Cyrus, Ocogoiks approached the god directly Lord Smith, I would request that a small contingent of my followers, and one of my fellow Silver Nobles be allowed to travel with your peoples to the new land. We have interest in this new world of new opportunities.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

(Spell Jammer, and Hovering.... this warrants Cars, and AirPlanes (they were invented before this era its just now they are actually useful with our giant Dragons existing))))

Baldier looked confusedly down at his peoples.... They had somehow taken to the skies during his short absence to watch his peoples on the new continent.... They now flew in small metalic contraptions, and some even had small self propelled explosives which they deployed in demolition, and in blast mining... they had also developed the same things forthe purpose of war, and the sheer power of some of these things they had developed made even him quiver, and he even found himself praying to some unknown higher power (Ie. when he IS the higher power.)that these weapons of mass destruction (Ie. Currently there are only ONE atom bombs in existance.) may never be used.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looked at Ocogoiks for a moment, then shrugs. "You claim to be a power, as to a god for your people. Why do you need me then? Can you not do it yourself? You lure some of my people away from me, and then you ask a favor of me? Be glad that I allowed you to live at all."

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    (Spell Jammer, and Hovering.... this warrants Cars, and AirPlanes (they were invented before this era its just now they are actually useful with our giant Dragons existing))))

Baldier looked confusedly down at his peoples.... They had somehow taken to the skies during his short absence to watch his peoples on the new continent.... They now flew in small metalic contraptions, and some even had small self propelled explosives which they deployed in demolition, and in blast mining... they had also developed the same things forthe purpose of war, and the sheer power of some of these things they had developed made even him quiver, and he even found himself praying to some unknown higher power (Ie. when he IS the higher power.)that these weapons of mass destruction (Ie. Currently there are only ONE atom bombs in existance.) may never be used.

OOC: please OOC. Spell jammers are prototypess right now that are superversions of normal ships. They aren't airships.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    OOC: please OOC. Spell jammers are prototypess right now that are superversions of normal ships. They aren't airships.
    (Hovering ships.... Yeah.... I was told I could move to cars, and Airplanes at the end of the weekend, and fortuantely for me that means WW II Era.)

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ipphli, so what creatures do I find?]
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Those that explore the Tainted Coast find some normal animals both in the sea and on the land, but all seem to be diseased or plagued in some way or another. There also seem to be several different kinds of undead throughout the land, both intelligent and unintelligent. The intelligent seem to have gone crazy, however, and all the undead attack on sight. They also seem strangely resistant to any attempt at controlling them.

The strange abominations that wander the land are also all plagued or diseased. Most of them seem to have been some kind of normal animal at one time, and later changed to become an engine of death and destruction. Either it is their nature, or the disease coursing through their veins, but they are all extremely violent. These strange creatures also seem highly resistant to control, although the Enlightened do manage to subsume some of them; while others go even more crazy and violent, becoming dangers to themselves and others.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

If Ocogoiks had a mouth, he would be frowning. Even for a faceless creature its clear to see to anyone with the ability to see it that he felt insulted. I have stolen no followers from you, turned some of their admiration and worship to me, but rare are my followers who do not bend knee to your church as well, and those who do still honor you. Of course I could have gotten a delegation aboard I am a growing power, even now my influence still extends, that is hardly the point. The point is honesty, I was being honest and direct.

---

The Ensirex were awed by the presence of the living dead on the island. They quickly set about conquering the minds of those they could, and capturing many of those they couldn't. Even a small number of intelligent undead were captured for study into their unique mindset, though they were kept away from other undead in fear of unique mind-diseases.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-28 at 06:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened

Bringing the subsumed creatures to the Colonizer beast, It begins examining very thoroughly their physical and mental make up, using sea life to feed and grow duplicates to experiment and see what allows them to survive. If it is found, new creatures are grown adapted to live on the coast and begin setting up a colony.

to Ensirex Very well the harvester walks over beside them and stares at the tunneler for a few second, in till it is subsumed. We will release the harvester as soon as you have it under you control, as it has few cognitive functions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looks at Ocogoiks curiously for a moment, then asks him quietly. "I see. Tell me Ocogoiks, while you are being honest and direct, what is it you want for yourself and your followers? What is your goal?"

24. - Top - End - #954

Alrinach

Sitting in the Marble Reaches, Alrinach regarded his beacon. He was incorrect: it seemed as if the souls of the creatures of the New Continent did not return to his realm as he had thought. He considered what action to take.

Nemerensis, its gold exterior gleaming in concert with its robes, appeared sharply on the coast and expanded its senses. It repulsed an attack of the undead with ease, and turned to trudge landward with mechanical tenacity, seeking a populated area where it could find some answers.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

For my followers I wish ascension, either to the status of Silver Noble, or to the reaches of the Silver City. For myself I seek the obvious, power, true immortality, and most of all godhood. As a god I would be able to do great deeds, both for my followers and for others.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus nods to himself. "At least you are honest. And although I suspect who it is that sired you, I will not hold it against you. Since you came and asked me, I will allow some of your people to join the expedition. Just see to it that your worshippers continue to worship us together. And perhaps, with a little convincing on your part, I may help you with your goal. But I have always believed actions speak louder than words. So we shall see, won't we?"

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Ocogoiks nods, I hope my actions in the future will speak for themselves. with this he departs and organizes a team of his faithful, headed by an elder Noble named Svearin to go with the ships.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-28 at 07:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Meanwhile the new ship looked for land nearby Saradinus'es Teke island. The eight ships of about 1,000 men total searched for land to the east. Saradinus uses his empowered magic to grant everyone on the ship permanent foresight, to alert them when they were in danger. The ships head speedily towards new land day by day.

29. - Top - End - #959

Ikassi

Set and Otako found themselves a t a river of lava deep underground. Otako took out a compass and pointed upstream.

The two of them began to move towards the heart of the island. Whenever it was required to cross an obstacle, Set would either harden the lava into a bridge for a short time or shift the stone so they could progress further.

----

Meanwhile, Ikassi saw that everyone was forming grand expeditions to other lands. She decided that it would not be well for her peopel to be coddled in their homelands for all time, so with a quake, she broke off a small bit of land that harbored a coastal village and, while forcing the waves to keep it afloat, sent it drifting off to the new land. They would never colonize this new world otherwise.

30. - Top - End - #960

Alrinach

Nemerensis continued across the continent. Whenever it was attacked, it defended itself with brutal efficiency, and gathered the souls of the beings it destroyed into a ghostly halo of floating blue flames. If it could not discover the soulheard of this land itself, it would draw the god's attention to it and initiate contact that way.