New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

"The Protoss never forget their freinds Ambassador, and we never forget our deals... You will have to expect some delay though as interplanar travel is rather taxing with large ships."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Protoss Aramada that had been in tow launched this very day, and had only been delayed as they had been fopr recent tech upgrades, and pulling in furs, and food that would not freeze due to the extreme conditions of the other continents they figured they would need to be aptly prepared for this one as well.
    The fleet then sets out into the icy waters of the north Psi cannons blasting away junks to large to plow tourgh with their spiked hulls, and the Ships near Tekia that had retrerated from the tainted coast also brought with them a appointed shipment of industrial level tech, but this time the Crew was desperate, and the monsters that had damaged their ships had been harrasing them worse, and worse this past month.... They demanded that some sort of exchange would be made here.
    Last edited by Fan; 2008-10-01 at 05:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Tekia

The new exchange between Baldier and Saradinus in secret lead to the invention of the rifle. Soon everyone on the island of Tekia was armed with something very very lethal and less demanding on the mind that wizardry. This measure had taken place in case someone had the idea to invade Tekia, despite its almost literally infinite precautions taken place to prevent such a disaster.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus watched the two allies, Baldier and Saradinus, continue to build up a force of arms. Worried, he decided to go meet with Alrinach. And so he sent a message ahead of himself, seeking his permission to come and visit.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erothayce.

Watching Baldier and Saradinus create a powerful gun ahd Erothayce a bit unnerved for his people. But then he remembered those who could access the book would see this weapon and tell the others.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

5. - Top - End - #1055

Alrinach

Alrinach drops a few paces behind Gargax and Abraxys and opens a portal for Cyrus to enter his realm.

((Also, Nemerensis is still waiting for that cleric.))
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "The Protoss never forget their freinds Ambassador, and we never forget our deals... You will have to expect some delay though as interplanar travel is rather taxing with large ships."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Protoss Aramada that had been in tow launched this very day, and had only been delayed as they had been fopr recent tech upgrades, and pulling in furs, and food that would not freeze due to the extreme conditions of the other continents they figured they would need to be aptly prepared for this one as well.
    The fleet then sets out into the icy waters of the north Psi cannons blasting away junks to large to plow tourgh with their spiked hulls, and the Ships near Tekia that had retrerated from the tainted coast also brought with them a appointed shipment of industrial level tech, but this time the Crew was desperate, and the monsters that had damaged their ships had been harrasing them worse, and worse this past month.... They demanded that some sort of exchange would be made here.
    An introduction to spell jamming was a card that the Tekians had up their sleeves. With spell jamming of the primitive variety they could teleport their ships across other sections of the water. Spell jamming ships, combined with finely crafted wood enchanted by the Tree of Life, combined with Protoss designs for the engines would be very useful.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus steps through the portal and nods to Alrinach. "Thank you brother for your timely response..."
    He trails off as he notices Gargax and Abraxys. He nods to them both before looking at Alrinach. "I am sorry to interrupt. I can return another time if you are busy."

A little more than a day later, the cleric arrives at the group's camp. Dressed in simple robes and apparently unarmed, he walks over to the delegate and speaks quickly and quietly to him before turning to Nemerensis. He bows low before speaking quietly. "Greetings, emissary. It is an honor to meet you. You wished to speak?"
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-01 at 07:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Alrinach

"Not at all, brother."

He looked at Abraxys and Gargax. "The Reaches will allow you to leave when you desire."

Turing back to Cyrus, he twisted his hands in a strange motion and the two gods were translocated to another balcony, high above the chasm in the middle of the realm. Since The Reaches was still partially over the material plane, the sprawling White City was visible far below.

"What would you like to discuss?"

---

Nemerensis rose from a seated position and nodded to the cleric in greeting. He had attracted a few more ambient souls during the wait, so he had around 20 small blue flames circling his head in a eerie, luminous crown.
    "I would like to speak to the God responsible for the care of the souls of those deceased on this continent."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-01 at 07:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

The cleric looks startled for a moment. He looks over at the delegate, then back at Nemerensis. "I am sorry. The gods no longer make themselves known to us directly. They use visions and signs to inform us of their will. Perhaps there is something I could help you with? I am a servant of Thoven, god of spirit."

10. - Top - End - #1060

Alrinach

Nemerensis gave an exasperated clockwork sigh.

"If I released these souls right now, would they travel to your god?"

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

The cleric nods. "Well, they would go to the Spirit realm of course. But the Spirit Realm is the home of Thoven, so I suppose in a way yes, they would."

12. - Top - End - #1062

Ikassi

After climbing through several windows and sneaking by several patrols, the two Earthbound made their way to a plateau overlooking the inner sanctum. In the center was a perfectly circular pool of lava over which, a churning spherical conflagration hovered. Around the fountain, there were several lesser pools from which magma golems and fire elementals emerged. The whole room was packed with ashenborn and phoenixes flew overhead.

Otako was about to complain when an enormous fire elemental appeared behind them. Almost instantly, Set had pinned it to the ground, despite it’s insubstantial nature and greater size. Otako manifested two starmetal knives from her palms and slashed at the elemental. She was not attacking the elemental itself, but rather the powers keeping it in the material plane. The elemental screeched terribly as it fell apart and smoldered into nothing, alerting the whole room to their presence.

Well, that’s it then, isn’t it? We’re doomed.

Set struck the wall behind them, sealing the entrance to the plateau. It would only delay the creatures of fire. Set took out a pair of small hide drums from his pack.

I know, I know, it‘s all my fault. This is it, yes, but let them hear our death song and watch them tremble before us!

Otako grinned and pulled a glass flute from her belt. She started playing along to the rhythmic thumping of Set’s drum. The sound was nearly inaudible at first, but as they played, the sound became louder and more surreal, drowning out the screams of the ashenborn. Eventually, it seemed that the fires from the pits of lava started to dance with the flute and the earth shook along with the drum beats. Each note was heard by the Earth Mother far away.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

After a day or so in the Ryceak camp, the time-shifters see another small group of humanoids arrive. Another hobgoblin it seems, with a small contingent of bugbears and a couple orcs. After speaking with the delegate they've dealt with so far, the new emissary approaches their group.

"Welcome to the Ryceak Principalties. I am Noramros and I will be your guide throughout our lands. Before we begin, I must have a pledge from each of you. First, you must bring no evil, either in thoughts or actions, to our land. Second, that you swear you bring no disease or plague with you. My associate tells me some of your party was wounded in the Tainted Lands; they must remain here at the border. Feel free to leave some of your people with them if you wish. They will be given every hospitality. Third, you will not go anywhere without my permission. I will answer any questions I can, and show you anything I am able. But if you break any of these rules, you will be killed. I am sorry if these rules sound strick, but they are for our safety and yours. Do you agree?"

14. - Top - End - #1064

Erothayce

"They sound perfectly fair and we agree to all of them. We shall leave our sick here. They'll be fine without us. We are eager to meet more of your people and explore your land."

erothayce.tumblr.com

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

The emissary nods. After bidding farewell to the border guard, Noramros and his retinue leave. He gestures for the leader of the time-shifters to walk with him as they go. "So tell me, is it true your continent is fractured between several different leaders and governments? How...inefficient. But I am sorry, I am being rude. I am sure you must have all kinds of questions. Please, ask away. It will be at least a day, if not longer, before we reach the next village."

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

Gargax smiles warmly, or as warmly as a corpse rightly can. Things are going well for me thank you, I hope with your return trade between our peoples can continue. That is a rather fascinating piece of technology.
    "I am certain our people will resume trade soon enough. They don't mind using undead as labour, but they see intelligent undead as somewhat unnatural."

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    The cleric nods. "Well, they would go to the Spirit realm of course. But the Spirit Realm is the home of Thoven, so I suppose in a way yes, they would."
    Nemerensis considered. Then, weaving a net of soul magic that bound the spirits to his body, he relaxed the field that resisted their tugging call to the spirit world. He could feel the mass pulling towards another realm, and he consented to be carried there.

((What Nemerensis is doing is basically following the spirits to wherever they're destined, piggybacking along. We'll see if that works...))

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

The cleric calls out to Nemerensis as he disappears. "Wait, you can't! It is against our laws!"

19. - Top - End - #1069

Nemerensis stabilizes himself in half-being, holding onto the souls but anchoring himself physically as well.
    "Your laws forbid two gods to meet? What sway do temporal comandments have over the likes of us?"

---

The souls of the Marble Reaches rearrange their flows, with a new river forming to parts unknown as some souls start to stream in a new direction.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Baldier

Making their way through the Polar Sea and around its icebergs, the Protoss come upon a series of islands of large size. Some of them are mountainous and there are patches of scrub to be found.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Erothayce

In the shadow realm that is Erothayce's home he feels a strange new being. Another who claimed souls. "Well well lets found out who the newcomer is." He said as he started to follow this strange new power.

erothayce.tumblr.com

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

The cleric stops and frowns. "You are the servant of a god, not a god yourself, or so you claimed. As a servant of Law, I would expect you to follow our laws. Go if you wish. Thoven will not take kindly to your sudden appearnce, and your people will be treated warily from now on."

23. - Top - End - #1073

A massive starmetal golem smashed through the wall Set had created. It was about to crush Set, but was shaken off balance by the rhythmic quakes. As it steadied itself, it prepared again. Suddenly, the earth began shaking far more violently than ever before. The ground began to crack and lava began to boil forth. The pools of lava churned and exploded, spraying jets of magma in every direction. The ashenborn panicked at first, but settled down into a state of unease. They had nothing to fear from the molten rock.

That was when the volcanoes on the island erupted, one after the others in a chain. The event was seen all the way from the southern coast of the main continent.

The ashenborn watched as their island was consumed by flowing lava. Any vegetation on the island burnt and was buried. They were absolutely thrilled at the destruction, forgetting momentarily the two Myrmici they were about to slay. Then, with one last quake, the eruptions suddenly died down and the lava stopped flowing. A gigantic, black lizard with red eyes crawled out of the largest volcano on the island. It looked like a snake, except it had eight thin legs that supported it. It looked disdainfully at the ashenborn before it and laughed.

I am the soil and the smoke. I am the fire and magma of this island. I am the island in flesh and blood. I am Alukium!

The serpent dove into the ashenborn. They were filled with panic as the serpent consumed magma golems and fire elementals alike.

Hmm, not bad, but I prefer something that screams when I eat it.

It turned on the ashenborn and as they were consumed, their screams lingered in the air. The starmetal golems it smashed into the ground with its massive bulk. Set and Otako, realizing that this was their chance to escape the island fled to their small skiff. They were almost there when the serpent placed its massive head between the two Myrmici and the small craft. For a long time, no one moved or said anything. Finally, the serpent smiled and spoke.

Go along little ones. Mother says it’s time for you two to leave. You have done your part, now I must do mine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major act of creation to create the hero deity Alukium.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax pauses a moment before responding I have noticed that... many creatures harbor such a belief, but their descrimination is broadened to all the walking dead. Fortunately for my people they see no such unnaturalities with your peoples grafting or technologies. Do you know why they view the intelligent dead in such a way? As I'm sure you can guess all undead are viewed holy by the Ensirex, as well as immortality, they respect their elders as well and this offers much esteem to old and powerful intelligent dead.

---

As the intelligent dead who agreed to go with the Ensirex arrive back in Shilliax, they are greeted with much ceremony, and made to feel right at home, though priests or necromancers would study them occasionally.

With a powerful base established in the Tainted Lands and emotionless intelligent and non-intelligent undead helping to establish order in the base while the researchers try to ascertain the source of both the diseases and the paranoia, a small contingent is sent beyond the Tainted Lands. This expeditionary force travels with a Shade King and a Vampire at its head, as well as a small contingent of Boneguard and Ghost Knights, ethereal warriors with weapons that could become material as well as the standard contingent of undead laborers and beasts both living and dead to carry their equipment.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's worth noting many of the undead would be Ensirex, though there are scattered dead from other lands and species scattered in a semi-common frequency over Ensirex lands. Also many of the older undead would be regular Ensi with maybe only a hint of corruption
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

As the Ensirex party neared the edge of the Tainted Coast, they began feeling an irresistable urge turn around and head back into the swamp. Any that pressed on soon felt as though they were moving against a powerful wind or through heavy water. They encountered no such diffculties when they turned around back towards the swamp.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

some of the expedition turned back but many did not, most notably the steadfast Boneguard and Ghost Knights as well as the leaders. Powerful clerics of Gargax were called from the base, holding aloft braziers of Gargax's pure immortal flames, channeling a small measure of his purest power in an attempt to circumvent the effect, powerful arcane magics are also called upon in an attempt to stave off the effects as the party pushed on.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abraxys replied to Gargax:

"You see, the Abraxyans enjoy sensual pleasures and see blood, the source of life, as sacred. They seek to approach perfection, but at the same time, they understand that individuals have their limitations. Death is one of them. Creatures have to die for others to live. It is part of the natural cycle. They feel undeath is an unethical choice motivated by arrogance and egoism. The Abraxyans understand that their memory will live on through their work."

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite their best efforts, none of the Ensirex or their undead can cross the border of the Tainted Coast. However, during this time their researchers back at the base uncover a startling revelation: the tainted coast and its effects seem to be centered around a god of some sort and that same god's death.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax nods slowly. Well their societies are obviously based on different ground morals. Knowledge and, ironically enough, life are valued highly by my people. Though immortality seems like a selfish goal, the longer they live the more they can contribute to their socieites. Think of how much more accurate texts on history are for young minds to learn when there are numerous living, or rather unliving save for some cases, who have experienced those days and have a clear enough memory to recount them accurately. And whats more, though they work for their own benefit as well much is done for the benefit of all because knowledge is shared and immortality is a reward for those who contribute, and there need be no poor class when undead are around to do all the manual labor. As for their love of pleasures and blood, we have undead among our ranks who have a fondness for both. Despite their relatively reclusive nature, there are a fair number of Vampires among the undead.

---

The Ensirex began to research this dead god with much of their staff, this being the biggest lead they've run into so far.

Meanwhile the priests and Changed reach out their minds searching for both denizens of this strange land and peoples from their own continent, seeking contact with both and either at the same time.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Erothayce

Erothayce was still following the trail of the newcomer to the souls scene. The times-shifters were still with the envoys of the new people waiting to be directed to where they were going.

erothayce.tumblr.com