New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Gargax

To the summons Gargax three ambassadors, a Shade King, an Ancient Lich, and an Immortal. The Immortal was one of the original Ensi from when the gods first arrived, kept alive through magic and priestly work, he now wore a beautiful necklace which had a golden coin on it with a pentagram etched and embossed onto the surface, with a blue fire burning in the center, in and on what looks to be a perfectly cut sapphire, and the whole coin is lined with blackened bone. They teleport to the base of the mountain and begin climbing up the treacherous terrain. the group brought with them via undead slaves tomes and finely crafted bone-works as gifts.

The Ensirex have colonized more of the lands north of their cities, and have even established a forward research base relatively near the Maw, where they have begun further researching the strange parasites and the Maw itself. They have begun colonizing southward as well.

---

Ocogoiks had heard the summons as well, and he spoke to Cyrus. I would send a small delegation as well alongside yours, a delegation is brought up before the party gathered by Cyrus. It had one Silver Noble, and three high priests, they wore equipment and had tools blessed by Cyrus but wore tabards with the symbol of Ocogoiks and the Silver City over their clothing. They brought with them some finely crafted silver gifts, blessed by both Cyrus and Ocogoiks. They said they were there to travel to the mountain with them on behalf of Ocogoiks. Ocogoiks would have liked to send Svearin, his second, but he was still with the party that was sent to the tainted coast but crashed.

---

The Ensirex brought a delegation from the base on the Tainted Coast to the Enlightened base there and greeted them. Greetings Enlightened, we are Ensirex of Shilliax, we have a base established farther north, and we wished to extend greetings on this strange land.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

Alrinach considered the summons and waved his fingers. In an instant, a Kolyarut was modified far beyond its original state. Twin wings of gold expanded from its clockwork shoulders, and it took on a beatific white glow as the metals in its body became suddenly, inexplicably, the deep opal stone of the Reaches.

The herald made the pilgrimage alone to the mountain, and scaled it stocically and mechanically, its pure white robes taking on not a single smudge from the arduous climb.

Once it reached the top, it announced itself in a mechanical voice that sung with the soaring melodies of hymns and praises.

"I am Palorium, and I speak for the god Alrinach."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

Saradinus then brought his champions. The most powerful wizards, conjurors, battle mages, wyverners, and dragon born warriors to the land over the sea. Saradinus used a minor Act on Rogen, to strengthen his dragon traits. Myrokhan appeared in the dreams of one other Wizard in the Tekian Colony.
    Saradin extends his lands on island inbetween Teke island and the continent to the north.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-03 at 09:01 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1144

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post

Cyrus

Damek shakes his head. "I am sorry to hear that brother. The world, it is changing, and I do not think it is for the best. But come, let us talk in private." After settling themselves in his tent, Damek sighs before speaking again. "Times are changing my friend, and everyone needs all the allies they can find. Thus the Cyreans have come to seek the friendship of the Myricimi. I know you distrust magic, but they can offer you steel weapons and goods. In return I am sure they would love the glassware you make; it is prized throughout the continent. What do you think?"
    The Myrmici thought for a moment before responding.
    Weapons? Hmm, we have no need for weapons. However, let me show you something.

He lifted aside a part of the tent so the stars could be seen. He took out a small spyglass and gave it to Damek. The moon was clearly visible in amazing detail. A small section could be rotated to change one's field of vision.

We wish to make something far grander, a wonderful observatory with which to peer into the depths of the unknown. We do not have the materials nor the talent to build the structure, just the lenses. What do you say?

-------

Meanwhile, Set and Otako were sent to the majestic palace. They wore modest hide cloaks and brought nothing more than a few glass items, several scrolls of parchment and their instruments.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Damek looks at the spyglass in wonder, then back at his brother. "This is wonderful. I know that, should you supply more of these lens to my people, they would gladly help you build whatever you wanted. Including an observatory. Provided of course they had access to it as well."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus

Saradinus then brought his champions. The most powerful wizards, conjurors, battle mages, wyverners, and dragon born warriors to the land over the sea. Saradinus used a minor Act on Rogen, to strengthen his dragon traits. Myrokhan appeared in the dreams of one other Wizard in the Tekian Colony.
    Saradin extends his lands on island inbetween Teke island and the continent to the north. About five adventurers from the Tekian colony enchant themselves with fire resistance, and attempt to use dimensional doors to cross the fiery place through the Stone Arch.
    (Just to make sure...you want to go through the Arch to see what happens? Because if you simply want to cross the water and explore the southern continent, you don't necessarily need to go through the Arch.)

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

[wait, the Abraxians don't need food or minerals? because that's what we were trading.]
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    [wait, the Abraxians don't need food or minerals? because that's what we were trading.]
    (You are not the only ones to produce food and mine minerals. I forgot to add that the Abraxyans are now trading with the White City.)

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    (You are not the only ones to produce food and mine minerals. I forgot to add that the Abraxyans are now trading with the White City.)
    OOC:I edited the post. We'll just go around the ARch.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Damek looks at the spyglass in wonder, then back at his brother. "This is wonderful. I know that, should you supply more of these lens to my people, they would gladly help you build whatever you wanted. Including an observatory. Provided of course they had access to it as well."
    Of course, your people would always be welcom to something that they labored on. Furthermore, we have methods for breaking, cleaning and focussing sunlight into an effective tool for cutting wood and stone. What we have too much of is the starmetal. The pieces around the Great Spire can speak and tell us of the past, but much of it that is scattered in the surrounding lands is dead and quiet. We have no use for it.

And please forgive my rudeness, but I know not what you are called among your people. What I am called by my people is "Speaker". I might have had a name long time ago, but that is lost to the winds.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-03 at 03:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Damek smiles widely at mention of the starmetal. "Both the sunlight and the starmetal would be of great interested to the Cyreans. And I am called Earthwarden by my people. Although of course you may call me Damek, brother. I will inform my people of what you have said. They will be most pleased. May this be the start of a great relationship between our two peoples!"

Meanwhile, the delegate shook his head in response to the Enlightened's question. "We are tasked with guarding the border. But another is already on the way to meet with us and be your guide. You are welcome to wait for them in our camp until they arrive."
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-03 at 05:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A creature ressembling a manta ray, radiating with a bright white light flew towards a group of tekian settlers, on the Island of Monkeys. It stopped a few feet in front of them. At first, it twisted. It made no audbile sound. Then, it surprised the humans by emitting a high pitched sound.

"Sorry! I am really sorry! I never communicated with one of your kind before. Anyway...I have to meet a high priest. Or better yet, the archmage...Myrokhan, that's how you call him? Please, it is a matter of great importance."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-03 at 07:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    A creature ressembling a manta ray, radiating with a bright white light flew towards a group of tekian settlers, on the Island of Monkeys. It stopped a few feet in front of them. At first, it twisted. It made no audbile sound. Then, it surprised the humans by emitting a high pitched sound.

"Sorry! I am really sorry! I never communicated with one of your kind before. Anyway...I have to meet a high priest. Or better yet, the archmage...Myrokhan, that's how you call him? Please, it is a matter of great importance."
    "The Archmage... Alright.." The creature seemed like a celestial. Myrokhan appeared to the Manta creature...."What do you desire?"

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The light of the creature shone brighter.

"Hello! The Archmage... that's perfect. I didn't imagine you this way, though. Well, I didn't imagine anything. You all look so weird. Anyway, you are an avatar of Saradinus, right? He has to meet the Brotherhood. You can speak for him, it doesn't matter. They have an important message for you. Come with me. Follow, quickly!"

The manta ray flew at great speed towards the Arch and dove underwater right before hitting the wall of fire.

"We reside deep in the earth, directly beneath the Arch. The energy emanating from the portal hides our presence."

(Continue the discussion in PMs.)

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Ensirex learn more each day about the energies of the Gaping Maw and the parasites, which were obviously created from the stuff of the Spirit World. They discover that the parasites are able to destroy the bound between a soul and an undead body. It is impossible to say if they entered the material plane through a portal found in the Maw or not.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

The War Prince Adun armed with his newly forged blade, the twin crystals extracted from the great Titan cannon upon its return, and his own wit, and skill arrived at the Metting of THE Order.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The Cyreans arrived upon the Children of the Wyrm's mountain. Having the golems carry the goods they brought, they began ascending the mountain. Finally they reached the top. A few quick rune-spells restored their clothes and bodies to a spotless clean. There they waited for their hosts.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

When all the ambassadors had arrived, hulking creatures similar to dragonborns led them through the main hall and into the reception room. There sat the Children of the Wyrm. There were two of them, noble looking humanoids with draconic traits. One was slender and feminine, with scales of a dark green color. The other was twice as large and heavily muscled, with black scales and curved horns. The two sported wings and were dressed in luxurious garments. The draconic servants kneeled and spoke in unison:

"Our Masters, Duke Jelan and Countess Lixi."

The countess studied the guests for a minute. She hissed.

"I welcome you to the Palace of the Wyrm. Of all the people inhabiting this world, the gods have chosen you as their representatives. You are the best it has to offer. Or I've been told. You will each in turn describe the accomplishments of your civilization and show me your talents."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-04 at 10:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The Cyreans step forward. Their leader, Mogord, bows low to both of them. As he stand, the ogre smiles warmly. "Greetings my lords. We are the Cyreans, servants of the Cyrus the Smith, god of crafting and runes. Our peoples are the finest craftsmen in the world, and our buildings and works of art are without compare. We also have one of the strongest combined armies on the continent with which to defend ourselves and our goods." He gestures for the golems to step forward and offer their goods for the Duke and Lady's inspection.

"These are our servants, the golems. They, too, were made by our hands and are our servants. They also help guard our cities and properties." He points out each work of art or finely crafted tool or weapon or armor as it is presented. Afterwards, he smiles and bows once more. "All of these things, and the golems as well, we offer as a gift to the Children of the Wyrm."

20. - Top - End - #1160

Otako was never one for formal etiquette, so Set was the first to speak.

My illustrious lady, we do not have much to offer in the ways of technology, magic nor military might. We do, however, have a grand art to offer you. Art that is tangible, we have in our glassware, but none is more beautiful than the art that we have for the soul: Grand ballads of great deeds and events as well as songs that speak for the earth itself. As for our knowledge, we bring star charts that are wonderfully detailed and pieces of art in their own right.

As for our civilization, as you refer to it, we live in harmony with the land on which we sustain ourselves. We do not want for much, even with the hardships presented by the harsh Dessert. We have found internal harmony with ourselves and our surroundings, and some have even bound themselves to the life of the planet itself. We are a simple and happy people, with little concern for war or riches.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

The War prince Adun walked forward, and knelt on one knee to honor the Duke, and duchess.

"We the Protoss have made wonders of technology beyond anything any of the other races in existance. We are also masters of the realm of psionics, so much so that we are able to read the minds of other beings without their knwoldge subconsiously. We have made allies with almost all of the otherraces on our continent, and were the first to expand to the Eastern continent. Although we did depart with the millitary presence for the sake of peace. I would also like to remind you of our veiled cities which even the great elemntal god are unable to find, as was evident from the assult of Ka'Salli the fire god."
    \

22. - Top - End - #1162

Erothayce

As uncaring about station as always the time-shifter said, "I may not be the most illustrious of my race I was just the closest. We gather knowledge and control time. We have great computing devices and have combined some of the other races tech and ways to create something new. Anything else you want to know?

And to the protoss diplomat he said "We were the first to the new continent. We were there before you even thought of going. Unfortunately some strange power killed all of our people who were there.

The shadow at his side said, "We are the Shadows created for helping the time-shifters with anything they need. We can travel the shadows to anywhere and back to our home plane. Anything else you want?"
    Last edited by Erothayce; 2008-10-05 at 02:17 AM.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Ancient Ensirex stepped forward. We are the Ensirex, we have conquered death and seek knowledge of all things. Under our lord god we have corrupted the lands to fit our purposes, and created many cities of the dead. We have crafted fine armors and tools from bones and stones, and have found many paths to immortality. Even now our civilization spreads. We have traded with the Enlightened that is so feared, and we count the Abraxyians as our trade partners. With theirs our knowledge combined, we have crafted wonderful new things.

With that he turned to the unintelligent undead, and they brought forth a cart laden with dead. They did not smell, it seemed none of the dead the Ensirex utilized smelled. The dead in the cart were obviously just dead, and not undead, they seemed somewhat old, and they were warriors of all races. They had died during the fight with the Fire Bird and his followers. The lich cast a spell upon them, the spell showed that there was no magic about them, they were absolutely dead. The lich turned back to the two.

This is but one example of our power and accomplishments, there are more to come.

He turned upon the pile of dead, he did not wave his four hands in arcane gesture, or sight some long complicated spell. He said one word, short, elegant, harsh and clacking. The various dead picked themselves out of the cart, necrotic intelligence gleamed in their now-glowing eyes. They stood in ranks before the two, and kneeled.

We are the Corpse Guard. We are Elite. We live to serve.

The lich spoke once more.

They are the most elite of warriors, and they are but one of our gifts to you.

Next was one of the Ensirex's odd creations of their corrupted black metal, and the dead. It had the figure of a large lion, it was covered in rippling muscles, that could be seen under it's liquid black-metal skin. It had a mane of obsidian spines, it's eyes were pearls in its head, and it's teeth were made of metal, encased in bone, it had a long tail with a large spike at the end, and long powerful claws.

This time the Shade King spoke. These are creatures of our land, magically infused with the metals of our land, and the power of undead. They are utterly loyal.

three more of the creatures walked in, and took places to the side of the Guard.

And the Immortal Ensirex, the last to speak and also the first.
    And finally our craft.

the unintelligent dead brought in an armories worth of bone weapons and armor, as well as tools, pottery, and various other crafts.

Gesturing to the Bonecraft, the finely dressed and well-groomed dead carrying them, the Guard, and the Lions, he spoke one final time.

All three spoke at once.
    All these we give you as a gift.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 09:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1164

Alrinach

Palorium clicked its metallic wings together and approached the dais, spreading its arms wide and speaking in its musical voice.

"I am the herald of Alrinach, the Lord of Portals, JUdge of Souls, and Chancellor of Law. His city is Alomarra, one of the cultural and economic centers of this continent, replete with knowledge and culture. His realm, The Marble Reaches, acted as a staging point in the repulsion of the Firebird from this plane, and he honors you as the chosen children of his master."

The opal figure surveyed the rest of the emissaries in the throne room before returning its attention back to the Duke and Countess.

"Your honor, my Lord brings you no tokens, no trifles. Anything in his posession is well within our mutual Lord's powers to take. Instead, he offers his fealty, and proof of his resolve." Spinning around, Palorium leveled a sharp finger at the delegration of Gargax.
    "To welcome you to this plane, he will remove the scourge of the Skeleton Lord once and for all!"

At the edge of the Corrupted Lands, a clockwork army materialized, translocated from a secure place by the Portal magic of Alrinach's servants. The glimmering tide surged forward and began to kill the beings, undead and Ensirex alike, funneling more souls to Alrinach's realm. Maruts and Kolyaruts lashed out with blades and magic, marching across the land.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, gold-robed Nemerensis appeared with a snap and stoop over the Dagger planted into the ground, where Alrinach has met Gargax on this plane so long ago. It cried out to the sky in a firm voice.

"Lord Skeleton, appear, and we will do battle!"

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The immortal Ensirex stepped forward at a lightning pace, he pulled a dagger from his robes and shoved it through Paloriums chest. The dagger was the ancient artifact of Gargax's, and it drained the soul from the creature. The aspect of the Ensirex warped and changed, until Gargax stood in the center of the room. I know you said we weren't allowed to come in person, but I was afraid something like this might happen, so I merely prepared a conduit, I hope you take no offense. and with that he, and his conduit disappeared.

All across the Ensirex nation a cry went out, the dead fought against the clockwork hordes, every inch a bloody battle. Armies of dead and living soon martialed, Militia gathered and souls were retaken and pressed into service. Soon an army stood against the silvering hordes of Alrinach. Out of the tunnels beneath the approaching armies arose thousands of dead. Mass graves with no markers covered the lands of the Ensirex, and even the land itself fought against the invaders, corrupted and undead beasts coming in droves to fight the newcomers, and the land rebelled against their presence.

Even all this could not stand to such an army however, and out of Shilliax and it's surrounding cities rumbled a true army. Countless thousands of battle-ready dead marched, elite groups of Corpse Guard, Ghost Knights, Bone Guard, and even legions of the elite of the elite, high priests of Gargax and their personal guard, the Skull, marched. Vampire armies gathered, shadows grew long and twisted as thousands of shadows gathered to fight for Gargax, and countless unintelligent undead gathered, weapons and armor ready, to fight for their lords. The Ensirex summoned thousands of Changed to fight for them, powerful Changed rallying their lessers about them, standing high and powerful above their kin.

Creatures of immortal blue flames, born of Gargax's work with the blood of the Fire Bird came with the armies, like ashenborn but intrinsically different, they stood tall above the others, a clear form of burning metal underneath their blue-flames. Finally, necromancers and lesser priests of Gargax marched, with personal guards and retinues they came, along with teams of undead pulling massive monstrosities, horrible creatures twisted beyond recognition of their original forms, massive lumbering beasts of destruction, and living metal/flesh weapons. They also came with Abraxyian and Gargaxian fused weaponry, massive cannons and creatures with hundreds of hands and mouths to bring creatures to life, and others that served as massive balistae and catapults, and others with several bodies.

Gargax sent avatars to Cellis and Abarxys, and the Ensirex sent mages to teleport to Enlightened lands to call for their aid.

Gargax spoke to Cellis. Brother, Alrinach has betrayed me, as he sought to betray you. He contacted me, hoped to turn me against you, and now that I have questioned the reasons he sends armies to crush my people, will you aid me?

To Abarxys he spoke as well Old Friend, the Lord of Law seeks to undo me for what reason I cannot say. I do not know if you would turn against Alrinach, but will you aid my people?

An illusion of Gargax towered above the scenes of destruction. Why should I fight you? You who would betray me, you who would slaughter my people despite their good nature towards yours? You know seek an honorable battle, HA, it is as if a great coward sent his armies to slaughter his neighbor, and then sent an assassin to duel their warrior-king!

26. - Top - End - #1166

Alrinach

Palorium slumped to the ground with a clatter of opal and its body began to drift apart, no longer held together by the divine attention of Alrinach.

Alrinach's own forces worked to combat the necromancy, being immune themselves. They weaved nets, trying to trap and divert the flow to their own lord's realm.

And although the god himself stayed silent, except to draw the White City into nonbeing, his First Servant teleported around the battlefield, lashing out with law magics at gargax's underlings as he searched for the God himself.

"Who dishonorably evades combat now, you abomination? Face me, creature, unless you think that, for all your vaunted knowledge and ancient expierence, you will fall!"

((If possible, Nemerensis will translocate into to Gargax's divine sanctum.))
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 12:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Duke rose from his throne as Palorium broke apart.

"What is the meaning of this? This is a sacred place!"

Some of the delegates noticed a smile on Jelan's face.

(OOC: The Immortal Ensirex wasn't able to teleport away, as nobody can teleport in or out or the Palace.)

----------------

Abraxys raised his head to look at the avatar.

"Hello Gargax. I have decided to stay neutral in this matter, and as such I won't be sending warriors to your lands. However, I can send ships to take in Ensirex refugees. Living Ensirex only."

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

As Gargax's main forces arrive the tide begins to turn, no longer a bloody slaughter of unexpecting innocents, or a one sided battle against hastily called militia, but a fight against a true army, powerful and prepared. The Necromancers quickly worked to put an end to their power-seeking, destroying then nets with concentrated circles, as nigh unkillable soldiers, abominable war machines, and giant blacksteel giants belching blue fire stalk the battlefield, melting clockwork soldiers with fire that doesn't even touch the soldiers of Shilliax they sow confusion in the ranks of Order, as the war-machines belch deadly shells and weaponry filled with explosives, elite corps of dead troops, even more insidious things.

Nemerensis finds himself staring into the face of an oddly pleasant looking Gargax. He smiles at the First Servant, his jewelry twinkling, Dagger, Chalice, and Pendant all on Gargax's being. Sit my friend Gargax "asked" and Nemerensis was forced into a chair. Now, why don't you tell me what this is all about, oh and don't think about any tricks. This is the deepest of my personal chambers, this place is so heavily warded only the god of magic could seek to pierce them. No help from your god is coming, and if you have any aces planned, I can assure you they will fail. He smiles a huge sickening smile, his fangs and horns showing, the fire in his eyes are no longer specks, but burning flames that illuminate the room in a blue glow, and his mouth spews forth fire whenever he speaks.

---

The Immortal Ensirex kneels before the duke. Forgive me my lord, but these... TRAITORS, have attacked my gods land without cause and have slaughtered my people, my god controlled my form and bade me to kill that... abomination, and I did so.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-05 at 01:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

As Gargax's main forces arrive the tide begins to turn, no longer a bloody slaughter of unexpecting innocents, or a one sided battle against hastily called militia, but a fight against a true army, powerful and prepared. The Necromancers quickly worked to put an end to their power-seeking, destroying then nets with concentrated circles, as nigh unkillable soldiers, abominable war machines, and giant blacksteel giants belching blue fire stalk the battlefield, melting clockwork soldiers with fire that doesn't even touch the soldiers of Shilliax they sow confusion in the ranks of Order, as the war-machines belch deadly shells and weaponry filled with explosives, elite corps of dead troops, even more insidious things.

Nemerensis finds himself staring into the face of an oddly pleasant looking Gargax. He smiles at the First Servant, his jewelry twinkling, Dagger, Chalice, and Pendant all on Gargax's being. Sit my friend Gargax "asked" and Nemerensis was forced into a chair. Now, why don't you tell me what this is all about, oh and don't think about any tricks. This is the deepest of my personal chambers, this place is so heavily warded only the god of magic could seek to pierce them. No help from your god is coming, and if you have any aces planned, I can assure you they will fail. He smiles a huge sickening smile, his fangs and horns showing, the fire in his eyes are no longer specks, but burning flames that illuminate the room in a blue glow, and his mouth spews forth fire whenever he speaks.
    "I would like to test that theory."

A shadow slipped out of the Chalice and joined with the other shadows in the room to form a being. It took the shape of a bicephal bird.

"Surprised?"

As K'Salaii appeared to Gargax, the beings of flame under the Lich Lord's control stopped dead in their tracks.

-------------

The duke studied the Immortal.

"Very well. We will see how that turns out. Watch."

Duke Jelan conjured a scrying pool in the center of the room.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-05 at 01:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Runic magics flare to life and Alrinach's soldiers are suddenly alight as etched runes of power and abjuration flare into being, redirecting some of the magic that attacks them. Likewise, any metal with which they're attacked seems to dissolve in midair, turning harmlessly to rust. Still, the clockwork armies are taking casualties: but they are inflicting thm in kind.

((Let's just assume that our armies are evenly matched, unless you have objection, and concentrate on the fun stuff.))

Nemerensis is pushed by a divine force into his chair and flexes his clockwork arms against it, resisting only a little to confim that it would be futile. Tilting its metallic face defiently upwards into Gargax's blazing visage, it spoke calmly.

"My Lord has come to recognize that coexistance between you two would be futile. He sent me to either destroy you or be destroyed: he will accept no insencere promises of peace any longer as your corruption steeps the land, drawing ever closer to other cities. I have been charged with no less than your utter cessation of being, for in time you would wish the same of my Lord- and of all the gods!"

Nemerensis inclined its head cordially to the Firebird.

"Indeed, K'Salli, you were good on your word to return without my Lord's assistance. Welcome back to this plane."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-05 at 01:12 PM.