New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Cyrus

Cyrus turns towards Alrinach. "And what does your precious Law say about murder, hm? Shouldn't murderers be brought to justice? For that is what the Wyrm is. He schemes in the background, getting us to kill each other, when he doesn't send his children to do it for him. He's just as guilty as the man who hires an assasin, if not as guilty as the assassin himself."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

"Indeed even now my champion Adun fights for his life against the foul children of this pig headed excuse for a god. If I may be premitted i will go to the castle now, and rend it in twain... and curse the thrice damned laws of the wyrm!"

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "Indeed even now my champion Adun fights for his life against the foul children of this pig headed excuse for a god. If I may be premitted i will go to the castle now, and rend it in twain... and curse the thrice damned laws of the wyrm!"
    "Baldier, we must at least all be together... and Cyrus hasn't even empowered your tools yet."

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Cyrus turns towards Alrinach. "And what does your precious Law say about murder, hm? Shouldn't murderers be brought to justice? For that is what the Wyrm is. He schemes in the background, getting us to kill each other, when he doesn't send his children to do it for him. He's just as guilty as the man who hires an assasin, if not as guilty as the assassin himself."
    Now Alrinach looked panicked.

"Law is... An imposition of will... And so it is necessary to... Have one set above others... Alomarra's caste system... Is an example... Of that... And... Nemerensis."

He sagged against a wall, and fell silent, distraught.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

"It was supposed to be a diplomatic mission for him.. he only brought what he did in fear of assassination."

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

The Platinum being speaks, pure logic in its voice. It was not tied by pure law like Alrinach, but neither was he now being tethered by emotion, he sought clarity of thought. Perhaps, but then why would he summon us at all, and indeed why would he have brought the likes of you, or Saradinus, or others who would stand against him. If he is as mighty a deceiver as we are lead to believe, why would he not erase all traces of his foul workings?
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Ocogoiks

The Platinum being speaks, pure logic in its voice. It was not tied by pure law like Alrinach, but neither was he now being tethered by emotion, he sought clarity of thought. Perhaps, but then why would he summon us at all, and indeed why would he have brought the likes of you, or Saradinus, or others who would stand against him. If he is as mighty a deceiver as we are lead to believe, why would he not erase all traces of his foul workings?
    "Because then, he could lure us one by one into his demon web of deceit."

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

The featureless head shook from side to side slowly. But then why even call us in the first place? He obviously already has followers he gestured toward the silent Ryceak in the corner Why call for more, and why leave such an obvious inference to himself as the Big Serpent? It is too obvious a connection. Perhaps it is all a test, perhaps it is his so called "Beloved Children" we must stand against?

9. - Top - End - #1359

Ikassi

Ikassi noted the reaction of the others. If Otako and Set had not left, they too would have been made a "sacrifice" to the Wyrm. The Wyrm had given them power, but to demand sacrifices yearly of innocent mortals?... no,she would not do it.

If this world is going to descend to nothing more than a playground for the serpent then I will fight him as well. If we succeed, we will save this world. If we fail, then the inevitable happens, just sooner.

Turning to Alrinach

I am sorry, but my duty it to this world and it's people first.

Know that Alrinach is not as pure as he would like you to think. He is plotting the destruction of other gods as he did Gargax. Baldier and Sardinius, he named, two that are trying to do something about the current situation.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus shakes his head. "I pity you Alrinach, my brother. You are trapped by the Law you hold so dear. Know that I do not hold it against you. Perhaps you will allow any refugees sanctuary in your cities, should it come to that?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

"I do what must be done, and nothing more. Laws do not bind my mind, and chaos does not shackle my body. If this happens to include the death of the serpent then so be it."

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    "Ocogoiks, consider for a moment that the creature has cut an entire species of people off the face of the planet with no ounce of compassion or purpose."

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

But perhaps it had purpose, one societies evil threat is another's valiant saviour. Perhaps we do not have the whole of the truth. I am not saying you cannot be right, but the possibility you are wrong exists, and it seems somewhat high. The Elementals have spoken of many gods coming and going, perhaps we are even but pawns, amidst the games of gods far greater than we, perhaps as we command the mortals to and fro and have in such a way done battle, the Wyrm himself has done battle with others as great or even greater than himself, with lesser gods acting as his servants?
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-06 at 11:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Ocogoiks

But perhaps it had purpose, one societies evil threat is another's valiant saviour. Perhaps we do not have the whole of the truth. I am not saying you cannot be right, but the possibility you are wrong exists, and it seems somewhat high. The Elementals have spoken of many gods coming and going, perhaps we are even but pawns, amidst the games of gods far greater than we, perhaps as we command the mortals to and fro and have in such a way done battle, the Wyrm himself has done battle with others as great or even greater than himself, with lesser gods acting as his servants?
    Evil is a source of stagnation as well as discomfort, Ocogoik's consider that.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Many gods claimed my father evil, and he was a force for change. Binding good and evil into such shallow stratification bears little understanding of the concept. You understand good with amendable clarity, but as a being in opposition to evil you are biased against those you have been lead to believe work for ill. Perhaps the Wyrm is all that shields us from things far worse. He is like a shield, he is cold and hard and uncomfortable, but his presence is a welcome feeling in the presence of a hall of blades.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Countess took out a scepter while the Duke moved towards Adun all the while casting a spell.

The war prince was struck by waves of pure evil energy.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

Forutantely for Adun he was Lawful netural, and thus the evil energy didn't hurt him terribly (advantage #1 of being nuetral YEAH!)
    "Do what you may but know this even if you kill me my son will come after you, and his son, and his son as well. We protoss do not take at all kindly to the slaying of our kin.. what if you were to find your duchess there slain in her seleep her throat cut by an assassins blade? Or what of the Duke here found dead in the kitches lacerated into small strips."

18. - Top - End - #1368

Ikassi walked over to Ocogoiks. She stood in front of him for a while before doing anything. Suddenly she gave him a quick hard smack to the back of his head.

Good or evil, that doesn't matter. What happens to your father's legacy? If the Serpent controlls all and we are nothing but his whims, then Gargax's dreams, his goals are naught but a fantasy. His people might have never been created for all that will matter. Are you willing to let all that Gargax worked for be nothing more than a casual fluke of a dream?

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Forutantely for Adun he was Lawful netural, and thus the evil energy didn't hurt him terribly (advantage #1 of being nuetral YEAH!)
    "Do what you may but know this even if you kill me my son will come after you, and his son, and his son as well. We protoss do not take at all kindly to the slaying of our kin.. what if you were to find your duchess there slain in her seleep her throat cut by an assassins blade? Or what of the Duke here found dead in the kitches lacerated into small strips."
    The two fiends looked at one another. They smiled.

"As if we cared...You and your puny emotions. Let's end this."

The Duke sent another blast of hellish fire while the Countess unleashed a death spell using her artifact rod.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

The blow did nothing to phase him. My father is not gone, his legacy will live, and the Wyrm seemed happy enough to let us redeem ourselves. I believe that these "Children" are but a test and, loathe as I am to give someone leave for such, I believe the Wyrm is akin to Alrinach but not quite as paranoid. He is cold and hard, but not without rime and reason. And I say again, who knows what being out there just lie in wait for the time when he falls, what if in destroying the Wyrm we set loose the destruction of this world, then everything all of us have worked for will just be dust in the void. I agree the Children must fall, logic if nothing else dictates their evil and opposition to us, but let our judgement of the Wyrm wait for a time better suited, when we are better unified.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-06 at 11:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

As the death spell came into contact with him he activated the piece of the zero point energy deivce he had been given back on the other plane, and combined it EXPLOSIVELY with the energy of the twin crystals that were set in the armor, and using the remainder of his energy, and of the energy stored in the gems on his belt he wove a complex psionic coccon that would protect him from the energy of the Khalla being fused with the zero point energy,
    (Ie. its like anti matter being plledout of negative space, and being borught into being occupying the same space as another item desgined SPEICFICLY for creating, and storing large amounts of energy.... Laws of Physics say you cant have two items occupying the same space as another, and a peice of anti matter the size of an a hair coming into contact with a person causes enough destruction to demolish the enitre city of L.A. so imainge when it comes into contact with an already powerful item, and being the rough size of a human fist....))

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ylvive manifested in the Tree of Life on Teke.

"I do not care about the murder of your worshippers. I won't intervene unless there is a real threat."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the death spell came into contact with him he activated the piece of the zero point energy deivce he had been given back on the other plane, and combined it EXPLOSIVELY with the energy of the twin crystals that were set in the armor, and using the remainder of his energy, and of the energy stored in the gems on his belt he wove a complex psionic coccon that would protect him from the energy of the Khalla being fused with the zero point energy,
    (Ie. its like anti matter being plledout of negative space, and being borught into being occupying the same space as another item desgined SPEICFICLY for creating, and storing large amounts of energy.... Laws of Physics say you cant have two items occupying the same space as another, and a peice of anti matter the size of an a hair coming into contact with a person causes enough destruction to demolish the enitre city of L.A. so imainge when it comes into contact with an already powerful item, and being the rough size of a human fist....))
    The plan of the War Prince almost worked as intended. However, as he tried to create a protective cocoon, chaotic energies disrupted his concentration. Then, there was a type of malfunction. Adun didn't know what caused it. He sensed something unusual...as if a power was messing with his equipment.

The wards on the temple were dispelled by their creator. The duke teleported away but the Countess wasn't fast enough...she exploded just like Adun and the whole mountain.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ettin in the Playground

Even at the summit pewople should notice something through portals into the real world identical to a mushroom cloud, and the ENITRE place will shake violently.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Even at the summit pewople should notice something through portals into the real world identical to a mushroom cloud, and the ENITRE place will shake violently.
    Saradinus
    Baldier...! I sense that I have acted rashly.... I must be more careful the next time I call a summit. I now reneg on my call for the Summoning for a later time. I will assist Baldier in slaying the one who has murdered his delegates. I encourage those of you who have lost followers to do the same. Ylvive, thank you for your time."

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

You will see baldier SHAKING with rage tear streaming down his face.
    "Adun has fallen, but he died noby destroying the castle, and the infernal duchess, and her artifact along with her... he was unable to save himself fromdeath, but his equipment is unharmed... I think his son would appreciate his inheritance. Lets go take it."

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Ocogoiks merely nodded. I will go in search of the so-called duke, you will be informed if I make any progress.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Calladia appeared, smoking, in the midst of the summit, opened its mouth to speak, and looked around. Seeing its lord slumped on the floor, it flared its metal wings.

"What have you DONE to my master?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Calladia appeared, smoking, in the midst of the summit, opened its mouth to speak, and looked around. Seeing its lord slumped on the floor, it flared its metal wings.

"What have you DONE to my master?"
    Turning from Baldier Saradinus marched up to Calladia, "Don't dare insult me." His voice spoke with thunder, having the effect of a holy word spell..... "I did nothing.... I simply informed Alrinach that your Wyrm is a WORM."

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Every god present could hear the thunderous voice coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"You will all be punished. Your people are doomed. What I gave, I can take back! Your time will come soon enough!"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-07 at 12:20 AM.