New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Cyrus

Cyrus pulls out his warhammer as he eyes the beast. "I've no quarrel with you Abadalon. I don't know what you did to Abraxys, but I will not let you do it to me!" He casts a quick rune of heat metal and threw it at the creature.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    A tall and furry headless humanoid appeared next to Hertrimont. A grotesque mouth was sewn into its chest. He also held what looked like an oversized eyeball in the palm of its left hand.

"Oh! I was wondering where my sidekick went. Here you are Hertrimont! What a coincidence...I was also called to this place! I'm sure we thought of the same thing. We are SO connected!"

The creature giggled like a little girl.

"Wait, something's out of place."

It then plunged its hand into the clockwork body, moving gears in a new arrangement.

"That's much better! Hehehe"

Turning its attention to Ikassi, he said:

"Hello, I am the Emptiness of space. You can also call me Leiff."

Meanwhile, earthquakes shook the Myrmici desert as Vol'Tak was moving towards the Spire.
    Hetrimont shuddered and clicked as its gears were rearranged. After a moment, it spoke in a strange language, stoppped and lookd perplexed, and gave itself a solid thunk on the chestplate with a mechanical fist. There was an odd chiming sound.

"WOOO! Leiff, you know how odd that feels. Well, you don't because your insides are gross and squishy. Or perhaps you don't have any insides. But for a lord of emptyness, you're FULL OF IT! Heeeeeeeeeee!"

Hetrimont squealed with delight and started absently playing with the hair on one of Leiff's monstrous shoulders.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

3. - Top - End - #1413

Ikassi

The body of Ikassi did not stir. Instead, the spire itself began to vibrate and form words.

I have heard of you, Lieff, but I do not believe we have had the plessure of meeting.

What am I planning? Hmm...What I am planning is of no concern for your little mechanical friend, unless, of course, it is. Of this I am not sure. If you do not know already, Lieff, you will soon find out.

Noting Vol'tak's approach, the pulsing of the spire grew more excited.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi

The body of Ikassi did not stir. Instead, the spire itself began to vibrate and form words.

I have heard of you, Lieff, but I do not believe we have had the plessure of meeting.

What am I planning? Hmm...What I am planning is of no concern for your little mechanical friend, unless, of course, it is. Of this I am not sure. If you do not know already, Lieff, you will soon find out.

Noting Vol'tak's approach, the pulsing of the spire grew more excited.
    The mouth on Leiff's chest formed a smile.

"Don't mind the man with the shiny casing. A friend he is, but an impatient one. To answer your question, I do know what you intend to do. I really have nothing to say about it. Or maybe I do. I'll say one thing, and one thing only:

Tea time!"

As Leiff spoke, a teapot and seven cups appeared on a matching saucer.

"It smells great!"

5. - Top - End - #1415

Hetrimont gracefully began to pour and serve tea, offering a cup to Leiff and setting one in the ground if front of Ikassi's physical form.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Cyrus

Cyrus pulls out his warhammer as he eyes the beast. "I've no quarrel with you Abadalon. I don't know what you did to Abraxys, but I will not let you do it to me!" He casts a quick rune of heat metal and threw it at the creature.
    The helmet fused to the fiend's head turned into flesh and bone. Abadalon dropped the mithral chain he was holding, but the chain didn't fall to the ground. The weapon danced around its owner.

"Impressive rune magics, Cyrus."

Abadalon grew another pair of arms, each wielding a great club made of bone.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus shrugs. "They should be. I made them. So, when I kill you, will Abraxys be returned to us? Or is he gone forever?" Cyrus used the power of his Necklace to cast the most powerful hold spell he could at the...thing.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cyrus

Cyrus shrugs. "They should be. I made them. So, when I kill you, will Abraxys be returned to us? Or is he gone forever?" Cyrus used the power of his Necklace to cast the most powerful hold spell he could at the...thing.
    "Good question."

Cyrus cast his spell and the fiend froze. He remained this way for a few seconds. Then, a great mass of flesh was ripped off its back, forming a second creature identical to the first. As the "new" Abadalon stepped forward, the one under Cyrus' spell turned into goo.

The fiend stared at Cyrus and unleashed a wave of energy that made the god's muscles and flesh pulsate anormally, grow in a chaotic manner and even mutate, impending his movements.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 12:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Good question."

Cyrus cast his spell and the fiend froze. He remained this way for a few seconds. Then, a great mass of flesh was ripped off its back, forming a second creature identical to the first. As the "new" Abadalon stepped forward, the one under Cyrus' spell turned into goo.

The fiend stared at Cyrus and unleashed a wave of energy that made the god's muscles and flesh pulsate anormally, grow in a chaotic manner and even mutate, impending his movements.
    Saradinus
    Abdalon was immediately beset by a barrage of magical energy made out of exalted fire breath. He might have turned to see a magical cloud dragon exhaling fiery power against the dark creature attacking Saradinus'es ally. On the other side of the scry crystal, Saradinus was putting forth his fist with the Archomagius ring, causing disaster to fall on the enemy from the other side.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus grunted in pain as he forced himself to cast a rune to cleanse his body of the foul magics. He glared at Abadalon in hatred as he struggled to through off the god's attack.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    Abdalon was immediately beset by a barrage of magical energy made out of exalted fire breath. He might have turned to see a magical cloud dragon exhaling fiery power against the dark creature attacking Saradinus'es ally. On the other side of the scry crystal, Saradinus was putting forth his fist with the Archomagius ring, causing disaster to fall on the enemy from the other side.
    Saradinus' spells met with an invisible barrier. He knew it wouldn't hold indefinitely, but in the meantime, it drained some of his own energy.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cyrus

Cyrus grunted in pain as he forced himself to cast a rune to cleanse his body of the foul magics. He glared at Abadalon in hatred as he struggled to through off the god's attack.
    Thanks to his own protection domain, Cyrus was able to stop the deadly transformation. Meanwhile, Abadalon was busy cutting open one of his arms with his own claws. The blood flowed and a red aura enclosed the body of the fiend.

Cyrus' head began to hurt. He didn't see really well. His eyes were bloody. That's when Abadalon chose to leap and attack the god of craft with both his clubs, his claws and his dancing weapon.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 12:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    As Saradinus saw what was happening, he decided to change tactics. He used the Pendant of Judgement on Cyrus as if Cyrus was a mortal. This might distract the indestractible Abdalon. After using the Pendant, Saradinus began using his quadrupled Good domain in order to use a protection against evil effect on Cyrus.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Spire

Vol'Tak emerged from a dune near the base of the Spire with cacophonous noise.

The Calamity, Ossua, simultaneously rose from an oasis nearby.

"I hope I'm not wasting my time here. There's nothing to eat at all!"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 12:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The runes covering Cyrus' armor began to shine with a pure, green light in response to Abadalon's attack. Cyrus, unable to see very well, focused purely on defending himself with his mighty hammer. He quickly cast a rune attemping to take control of the chain, empowered by his Necklace and hopefully by his domain over all things crafted.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abadalon violently struck Cyrus multiple times. The armor took most of the damage, but Cyrus felt the pain in all his upper body. The Necklace shone with a green light and the Chain stopped in midair while emitting a light of its own.

Abadalon lost his smile when an arcane explosion threw him backward. (Effect of the Pendant)

"You're incapable of defeating me by yourself. Pathetic... Even your friend won't save you! I will turn you into a flesh puppet. We'll see how the meddling Archmage reacts to that!"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 01:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus smiles weakly. "I could defeat you on my own. But who am I to turn away a friend? Thank you Saradinus." Cyrus causes the chain to wrap around Abadalon, binding his many arms to his torso. He stepped forward and swung his hammer, casting a rune of force to empower Worldforger even more as he does so.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus summoned a horde of angelic warriors with the Good domain in effect. Hopefully this would cover the wicked Abadalon with stabbing, winged warriors with shining swords. After enchanting Cyrus with a very powerful protection evil spell, he waited to see the outcome.
    (Minor Act)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-08 at 01:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The chain didn't respond to Cyrus either. It looked as if the two artifacts were evenly matched. Abadalon transmuted his flesh into stone as Cyrus struck with Worldforger.

"ARRRRR"

The fiend looked down and saw the many cracks in his "body armor". Abadalon whispered incantations and Cyrus' blood boiled inside his body. The effect stopped almost instantly, but it was enough to disturb the god's concentration. Then, Absadalon wrapped his slimy tentacles around the face of his opponent.

"I will suck your soul dry!"

Cyrus felt himself weakening, but Saradinus' spell seemed to protect him.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 01:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus summoned a horde of angelic warriors with the Good domain in effect. Hopefully this would cover the wicked Abadalon with stabbing, winged warriors with shining swords. After enchanting Cyrus with a very powerful protection evil spell, he waited to see the outcome.
    ((Where do the angels come from?))

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

((Where do the angels come from?))
    (Remember, 3 major acts to make the Good domain stronger. He's the good domain to summon them)

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus took his hammer and brought it up between them, smashing it into the thing's chin/lower face in attempt to force it away. At the same time he casts the same rune of winter that worked so well against K'Salli, aimed at the things eyes.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(Remember, 3 major acts to make the Good domain stronger. He's the good domain to summon them)
    ((Yeah, but from where? You don't know any good-aligned plane. Also, the Shard in Cellis' possession blocks summoning in that area. Or were you talking about the creatures you met South?))

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

((Yeah, but from where? You don't know any good-aligned plane. Also, the Shard in Cellis' possession blocks summoning in that area. Or were you talking about the creatures you met South?))
    (He's forming them out of his domain, like elementals. Does that count as summoning?)

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(He's forming them out of his domain, like elementals. Does that count as summoning?)
    ((You can certainly create a group of angelic warriors with a minor act. It's still conjuration, but not summoning, so it works.))

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus

The creatures slashed at his tentacles while some were slashing at his eyes.... Meanwhile, some were attached to the neck. They were stinging the Abadalon like bees.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cyrus

Cyrus took his hammer and brought it up between them, smashing it into the thing's chin/lower face in attempt to force it away. At the same time he casts the same rune of winter that worked so well against K'Salli, aimed at the things eyes.
    Abadalon let go and parried the blow with one of his weapons. He took a step back and closed his eyes.

"What's this!?"

Eyes opened elsewhere on the fiend's body. At the same time, a legion of aneglic warriors came down on him. They were nothing but flies to him. But distracting flies. Some of the angels were absorbed into Abadalon's flesh while others continued to sting him.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 01:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus used the reprieve afforded by the angels to cast another rune on himself to cleanse whatever was affecting his head and sight. Sighing in relief, inspiration hit Cyrus. He cast a rune that would, hopefully, force the fiend to remain trapped in its current shape.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abadalon was about to create wings for himself when a glowing rune appeared on his chest. The rune stopped its transformation.

"You annoying excuse for a god!"

The fiend concentrated on Cyrus' body. Cyrus' muscles felt stiff. Then, he lost control of his arms. They moved on their own and dropped the warhammer.

Then, Abadalon turned to the angels. They fell, one after another. Their flesh was ripped apart and the creatures were replaced by vampiric blood elementals.

((Abadalon has lost a large percentage of his blood at this point.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 01:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1440

The Spire

Vol'Tak emerged from a dune near the base of the Spire with cacophonous noise.

The Calamity, Ossua, simultaneously rose from an oasis nearby.

"I hope I'm not wasting my time here. There's nothing to eat at all!"
    Hungry as always, Ossua? Worry not, for your hunger will be satisfied...I guarantee it.

There was something strange about the way she said this last part.

I do not expect the plant lord to appear, but K'salaii owes me. If he does not come, however...that is no matter.