New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default Pranks for the Memories

The twin suns rise as you find yourself somewhere unfamiliar. You are lying on the ground surrounded by some odd figures you don't know. You somehow seem to have arrived in a gnome farmland. You see young gnomes leading goats and sheep around. You all seem to have a piece of paper pinned to your chest. The gnomes look a bit confused on why you're there but they seem occupied right now and don't say anything. You don't seem to be in any danger currently.

(Okay, introduce yourselves and the like. Also, each note will say something separate so share or not as you choose to do so)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pranks for the Memories

Fash stands up, looking around confusedly. It takes him several moments to notice the paper on his chest. He removes the slip of paper from his chest and looks it over.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Cobalt's eyes glowed as he awoke.
    Did I terminate processors? Hm......
    He looks over noticing the other figure standing. He spoke out in gnomish, the only language his father thought to install into him.
    "Greetings stranger. I am G-45XK, model Cobalt. Do you know this land?"
    Krithak sat up, oblivious to the note pinned to him.
    Last edited by Fiendish_Dire_Moose; 2008-09-14 at 09:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Startled, Fash almost drops the note he holds. He tucks it into his belt pouch and turns to the speaker, shaking his head.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-14 at 02:59 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Slinker

As the others awake and look around, they see a dark skinned man, wearing tattered clothing with an empty bottle in his hand.

...Grnghrgh...*SNORT*

...Mmmmhhhhnnhhhh...

... where'd I end up this time? Ye gods, I hope it's not another boat... it won't stop moving...

He gets up on his knees and vomits, leaving behind a technicolor mix with whole piece of tomato in it. He looks at it in confusion for a second, heaves a little, and then speaks again.

Tomato? 'don't remember eating that... oh gods, not again.

He throws up again, heaves a few more times, then tries to stand and stumble away from it all before falling back down again.

'ss grass, ishn't it? Ain't no grass onna boat... where am I?

He goes to take a swig from the bottle in his hand, and finds it empty, cursing some more. After that, he starts patting himself, seemingly looking for something, then he finds the note.

Bloody hells, no booze and no coins, but I gots a note. What goods'a piece of... of paper, when you got no coin and no booze?

He struggles to sit up, then takes a moment for his head to stop swimming. After this he looks around and blinks, noticing the others around him, all with notes attached as well asides from Fash who is probably looking at him like he's a crazy man.

Hah! The booze fairies, they gots you all as well! Looks like Slinker's not alone 'nymore! Or was it the Man? Always gettin' up in ma face, takin ma booze, man, I hates the Man!

He looks again at the piece of paper, turns it upside down and seems to be trying to mouth the words for a bit, then curses again, before holding it out to the others in the circle

Ummm... any of you guys able to read? Never got the hang of it m'self... note seem's 'mportant or somethin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinger View Post
    You sir, are my hero.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Jormun's yellow, slitted eyes bolt open, darting about at the unfamiliar territory. There is an instant as he quickly takes in the apparent pasture before he wrenches his eyes shut again and lets out a scratchy little shriek. He rolls over the grass with his tiny clawed hands thrown over his already shut eyes. "Double suns, double hell! It's like I opened them in an acid flask!" At last, Jormun seems to gain some minute control of his senses and very carefully starts to stand. The kobold squints heavily at the rolling farmland before him and grits his fangs visibly. "Who leaves a kobold out in the su-"

His eyes manage to narrow even further until just a thin bar of yellow shows between his lids.

"Gnomes."

Jormun turns his attention to the sword at his hip and thereafter seems to contemplate the farmers a bit more. Slowly, he turns his head to look at the other strangers gathered in the field, the ones who were also (mostly) not gnomes. Spying their notes, he looked for his own and hastily unpinned it from himself, letting his hand fall away from his scimitar. Even so, Jormun grumbled to himself in what sounded like Draconic, but the syllables belonged to a broken dialect. He eyes the drunk in the group with obvious displeasure before extending a claw to snatch away his note.

"Give me that, before you vomit all over it as well."

7. - Top - End - #7

Slinker looks at the kobold all wild eyed and hands him the note.

Hey, you're a talking lizard! Sure, Mr Lizard, you can have my note!

Last time I saw a talking lizard, I'd been drinking something REALLY funky... but I don't remember what happened last night, so mebbe that explains it... are you going to turn purple and explode into a shower of elephants? The last one did, man did that freak me out!
    You sir, are my hero.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Slightly confused, Cobalt speaks out to the others in gnomish.
    "Greetings humanoids. I am G-45XK, model Cobalt. Do any of you know where we are?"

9. - Top - End - #9

Slinker falls over laughing

Heh, it's a talking statue-man, an' he's talking gibberish! Hehe! This gets betterer and betterer. I needs to get more of whatever it was that I drank last night, 's good stuff!

Hey, wait a second...

Checks the label on the bottle in his hand

Nope, this is mah "street whisky" bottle. Dunno what else I was drinking... gotta find out though!
    You sir, are my hero.

10. - Top - End - #10

Jormun gapes for a moment, staring up at the drunk with a look of shock across his reptilian face. He had no idea one man could be such an ignorant buffoon and still manage to not kill himself in a wild accident. "I am not a talking lizard, you inebriated fool! I am a ko-" Jormun pauses, aware of how many gnomes are about and wondering how long they plan on leaving him alone. He quiets himself slightly. "I am a kobold. We are descended from dragons, not some mere lizards. And that," he points a scaly finger at Cobalt, "is not a statue-man. It's a...hm, what is the Common word for them again?"

Jormun crosses his arms and furrows his hairless brow in thought.

"I don't know what the word is. But they're not statues; more like very smart golems or very metallic orcs."

11. - Top - End - #11

Slinker sits up to look at the kobold for a moment, tries to focus his eyes and falls back again laughing.

Whatever you say Mr Lizard! Never heard of a Ko-Bald before, is that a special name for a talking lizard? And if you're descendeded from dragons, how come you're so small? Dragons are always big! And they breathe fire! Whooompf!

He waves his arms for emphasis

And whatcher mean, that he's like a metal orc? Never heard of a metal orc before, an' he doesn't talk in any tongue I can understand...
    You sir, are my hero.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Cobalt looked at the two arguing figures. One was like his creator, only bigger, and weird. Then he noticed the scaly creaure. Excited at his find he began logging data of the creature. He made his way over to the creature hand began poking at it's claws.
    "What does this thing do?"
    He queried in his usual gnomish.

13. - Top - End - #13

Fash frowns as he listens to them talk. Not one for speaking, he remains quiet as he listens to the others. He briefly looks up to the twin suns, and then lowers his gaze to the group.

Who on earth are these people? Why are there two suns? Where am I? the whisper gnome thought. He was clearly not in the forest anymore.

14. - Top - End - #14

Jormun turned his eyes on the Warforged for a moment as he bat the construct's hand away. Immediately, he regretted it, his whole hand aflame with pain from hitting the hard metal. He let out a yelp and drew his digits towards his chest. Jormun growled and shifted his attention back to the xeph. "Tell me, in that magical land you live in, do most lizards have wings?"

Jormun stretches his wings out, letting them unfurl to their full span.

"And it was a me...uh, that is, it was a comparison. Damn this Common." Jormun's ringed tail swishes across the grass. For a moment, he turns to look at the quiet gnome off to the side. He then suddenly points an accusatory claw and starts speaking loudly. "You, there, different gnome! What is this living bucket saying? It sounds like your people's gibberish."
    Last edited by Randomosity; 2008-09-15 at 08:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Fash begins rapidly signing to the kobold, before he realizes that it's unlikely that the kobold understands. Fash clears his throat and begins speaking, his voice slightly hoarse from lack of use.

"Err, he's just curious about you, I think."

Turning to the warforged, Fash switches over to the Gnome language.

"My name is Fash."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-15 at 01:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Slinker looks at the wings, then furrows his brow deep in thought for a few moments before getting really excited.

Hey, cool! You've got wings! Maybe that guy in the pub WAS right... he wash telling me that lizards and birds were related, but he needed to find a speci..speci... thingy to prove it. Maybe you're the missing linky thing?
    You sir, are my hero.

17. - Top - End - #17

Jormun watches the gnome wave his hands with mild disinterest before finally getting a reply. He clicked his tongue in frustration. "Get him to speak something besides mumbo jumbo. If learning Gnome was important, you people wouldn't be so bad at not getting killed by Kurtulmak fans. And you!" he pointed at the xeph angrily, "You stop speaking until you are helpful or I will show you the extent of my ancestry. Hint, it's not a cone of fire, but it does kill you without all the unsightly burn wounds." The kobold snorted and started to walk, heading for the nearest of the farmers.

"Gnome goat tamer, where is this? I appear to be lost."

18. - Top - End - #18

Slinker curls in on himself, crying out

I'm sorry Mister Talking Lizard with Wings, I'll be quiet now.

Please don't whip me! I'll be a good boy! PLEASE!!! DON'T WHIP ME!!! I'LL BE A GOOD BOY!!! WAAAAAGH!!!

He sobs for a bit, goes to take a swig out of his bottle, and finds it empty, scowling before turning back to the kobold and putting on his nicest face.

... ummm...

Can I have a drink, please? I'm all outta street whisky and I'm getting awful thirsty... just one, I promise I'll be good...
    You sir, are my hero.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Cobalt looks bewilderdly at the kobold for a moment. Then turns his attention to Fash.
    "It pleases me to meet you.
    Inquiry: I do not understnd the strange scaled thing. Why was he so hostile towards me?"

20. - Top - End - #20

Fash shrugs to the warforged, not knowing why the kobold was acting so rudely. He quickly rummages through his backpack until he finds his waterskin and hands it to Slinker. Though he doubts that the stranger will understand him, the whisper gnome nonetheless signs to him.

(Drow Sign Language: "I have some water.")

21. - Top - End - #21

Slinker looks at the waterskin, and takes it gratefully.

Hey, thanks mister gnome. Dunno what you're doing with your hands there, but as long as you're not cursing me, that's cool with me.

He takes a swig and nearly spits it out, but forces himself to swallow it.

Hey, this is water! Oh, yeah, that's right. Most people don't carry around booze. Heh, well, beggars can't be choosers!

He drinks about half the waterskin and hands it back to Fash appreciably.

That's better, my heads clearing a little. Now, this don't look like the city, or at least any alley that I've seen. Any idea where we are?
    You sir, are my hero.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

The gnomes gather and whisper among themselves and then head off to let you guys figure out what you are doing. They answer no questions as the don't trust the kobold for beans. They leave you all alone as they lead the animals to a small holding area before disappearing underground.

23. - Top - End - #23

Fash stows his waterskin and sighs as the gnomes leave. Turning to the others, he says in Common, "My note said something about a human settlement to the south. Perhaps we should head there?"
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-09-15 at 08:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Cobalt looked over at Fash.
    "My apologies, but I cannot understand you Mr. Fash."

25. - Top - End - #25

Slinker looks around and shrugs

Well, suppose we'd better find a tavern or something, they're great for getting more booze... oh, and information.

Can't forget the booze though.

Hey, anyone spare a copper for a beggar down on his luck?
    You sir, are my hero.

26. - Top - End - #26

Jormun frowns as the gnomes walk away. He stamps his little feet in the ground. "Ooooh! This is why everyone tries to kill you people! Unhelpful little pink...peasants!" Jormun jumps up and down in his tiny fury, but makes no other move towards the gnomes as they disappear. "Fine, if these horrid goat tamers won't help, then head for the humans. Most of them are too busy to be kobold-hating, badger-talking, furry-footed burrowers." Jormun almost looked at the sun to determine direction before stopping in midrise. Rather than blind himself, he looked at the rest of the group. "And which direction would south happen to be, different gnome?"

"Why are you begging when we aren't even at the tavern yet? There's nothing to buy out in the field unless you're interested in goats."

27. - Top - End - #27

Slinker looks at the kobold for a second as if confused.

Why am I begging? Why WOULDN'T I be begging? Gotta start early if you want to get drunk later! Well, we should get going, booze waits for no man, except THE Man, and man, I HATE The Man... stinkin man, always takin ma booze, kicking me inna forks...
    You sir, are my hero.

28. - Top - End - #28

Fash smiles at the kobold's words, and points in the direction he intuits to be south. Turning to the warforged, Fash speaks the gnomish tongue again. "My apologies. The others do not have the benefit of speaking our language." Fash sighs inwardly. He had spoken more over the past ten minutes than he had over the last two months!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

The warforged ***** it's head at the little man.
    "Our language? Inquiry: Does this mean there is more than one spoken dialect? Why would this be? Would it not be beneficial to keep one language?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Fash shrugs, unsure how to answer such a question. "There are many languages out there. I myself know a handful of languages, even one where you use your hands instead of your mouth."