New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pokethulhu!!!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pokethulhu!!!

Half-mass exodus, half-field trip, the school trip to Nameless Harbor was off to its usual start. Usually, the trip has taken place every four years or so but for reason the school administrators decided to hold the field trip on two consecutive years. Actually, the administrators seemed rather surprised as well. Students from all across the land made the trip at different times of the year, but it appears that they all happened to fall into sync on this occasion.

Nameless Harbor, as everyone knows, lies on the east coast of your native corner of the world. It is home to many strange sites and events, but the target of this year's trip is the NHTSC facility; or the Nameless Harbor Thulhu Super-Collider. Grown-ups typically shy away from such a place, and many of your so-called 'peers' have not yet realized the power of thulhu. The NHTSC building looms over the several masses of students and exhausted - and ineffective - supervisors as everyone converges at the place to line up for tours.

The early stages of a riot begin to break out before everyone is sorted out into tour groups of six; five students and one teacher or equally frightened adult enlisted to keep you from maiming yourself until the week-long trip was over. You find yourself with three others in the group who share the same wild-eyed glee at the prospect of uncovering possible thulhu secrets. The five student, a rather normal sort of fellow, trails behind you brimming with sheer terror ("Nn...nnn...not normal."). Your attendant for the tour is one Mr. Tallfellow, who has been rather chill about the whole ordeal and actually seems quite upbeat.

Once your intrepid group has located one of the many entrances to the hive-like structure, you all proceed inside to meet your guide for the tour.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pokethulhu!!!

Hazi Heartkraft
    Arms crossed, Hazi Heartkraft shuffles along with the group, scowling. Not exactly a new feature on her face, but at this moment the expression seems more or less leveled at the cowering kid behind her.

"Hey teach," she says, mostly for herself but certainly not minding if the kid overhears, "I think we spooked the sheep."

She tosses one last disapproving glance over her shoulder and mutters "N-n-n-nancy."

Hazi Heartkraft
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Hazi Heartkraft
    Home village: Muskratonic
    Aspect: Sticky
    Chaos cards: 2

With blood-red hair and pale skin, Hazi is the shunned younger sister of the "three most popular trainer-slash-cheerleaders at muskratonic." Bleh. Although she's teased by her older sisters for her gothy looks and tendency to spend most of the day in her room writing bad poetry, she secretly smiles behind her glares, awaiting the opportunity to unleash her own eldrich powers on her snotty siblings and finally prove her superiority.

Grade: 8
    Phys ed (lucky): 5
    Lore: 3
    Sanity: 4
    Shoplifting: 5
    Talking trash: 5

Spoiler
    Show

Thulu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Icthypus
    Power: 5 Speed: 8 Hit Points: 7
    Aspects: Fishy, Sticky
    Weakness: Fungous

Injure: 3 dice (Sucker Punch, Sticky)
    Dodge: 2 dice (Slippery Squirm, Fishy)
    Trap: 3 dice (Tentacle Truss, Sticky)
    Frighten: 1 die (Really-Incredibly-Toothy-Smile, Fishy)

Spoiler
    Show
    Pentacruel
    Power: 7 Speed: 7 Hit Points: 6
    Aspects: Sticky, Fishy
    Weakness: Non-Euclidean

Injure: 3 dice (Tight Squeeze, Sticky)
    Dodge: 2 dice (Slippery Fish Slime, Fishy)
    Trap: 2 dice (Tight Squeeze, Sticky)
    Frighten: 2 dice (Tentacle Wave, Fishy)
    Last edited by Elrosth; 2008-09-18 at 10:08 AM.
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Parish White

As usual, Parish is off in his own world. Wrapped safe in the comfortable bubble of sound that's flooding out of his headphones, he follows the tour on auto-pilot.

This is NHTSC then. It's bigger than it sounded. Maybe I could slip away from the tour group, get a better idea of what's ou--oof.

Parish picks himself up. His headphones are hanging around his neck and his hair's a little mussed, but there's no harm done. "Sorry. I didn't notice you there."

Cultist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Parish White
    Home village: Muskratonic
    Aspect: Icy
    Chaos cards: Blind eye, rotten luck
    Spells: Freeze! (trap, icy, 1 dice)
    Items: backpack, candy bars, a cPOD (stands for cephalopod) music player,
    Appearance:
    Close cut black hair with a shock of white running through. Thin glasses balanced on the brim of his nose. He looks for all the world like a professor, in spite of his comparative immaturity.
    This is not to say that Parish isn’t old for a cultist. For some reason, despite having stared long and balefully into the unblinking eyes of the mythos (specifically during math class, when he zones out,) Parish is remarkably stable for a freshman. He knows that this will pass in a few years’ time, however, and is desperate to shore up his flagging sanity. Parish believes that the key to understanding the thulhu that swarm across the world lies in passing the test of ‘growing up’.
    In unrelated news, Parish was an orphan.

Grade: 9
    Phys ed: 6
    Lore: 9
    Sanity (lucky): 4
    Shoplifting: 1
    Talking trash: 1

Thulhu:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Tindalonine (devolves to Eldalonine)
    Power: 7
    Speed: 7
    HP: 6
    Aspects: Non-Euclidian, icy
    Weakness: Sticky
    Attacks: Icy blast (3 dice, injure, icy,) Teleport (3 dice, dodge, non-Euclidian,) Freeze (2 dice, trap, icy,) Huge icy teeth bearing (1 dice, frighten, icy.)

Name: Sy’Thurydos
    Power: 11 Speed: 1 Hit Points: 8
    Aspects: Decomposing, Fishy
    Weakness: Squamous
    Injure: 3 dice (Soul Shredding Blast, Decomposing)
    Dodge: 1 dice (Scintillating Ink, Fishy)
    Trap: 1 dice (Limitless Slurp, Fishy)
    Frighten: 3 dice (Belch of Reeking Decay, Decomposing)

Name: Pentacruel #1
    Power: 7 Speed: 7 Hit points: 6
    Weakness: Non-euclidean
    Injure: 3 dice (Tight squeeze, sticky)
    Dodge: 2 Dice (slippery fish slime, fishy)
    Trap: 2 dice (Tight squeeze, sticky)
    Frighten: 2 dice (tentacle wave, fishy)

Name: Pentacruel #2

Name: Pentacruel #3

Name: Pentacruel #4
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-25 at 07:16 PM.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Howard Poe

Howard had snapped from his usual half-dazed-quarter-asleep expression quite some while ago, now completely alert with his pen wriggling above his notebook.

School's always boring. But a travel to a thulhu powered something called "Super Collider?"

Now that's some...thing.

What do they do in this place anyway? I bet the teachers are just going to say boring things about sciencey stuffs or something.

No. A place like this definitely much more interesting. And why do they call this place "Super Collider" anyway? I bet they collide something super-ly here.

Howard writes as he looks around the teacher mumbles about the facility, but what he write has complete nothing to do with what the guide says.

Cultist

Spoiler
    Show

Home Village: Muskratonic
    Aspect: Non-Euclidan
    Chaos Card: 2
    Spells: -

A pale and smaller-than-average kid, Howard Poe is the dreamer of the school. He love to write, though most of his writing is unreadable and/or totally didn't make any sense. He spend most of his time dozing, and laughing or mumbling in his sleep.

He's really curious, often poking at things-that-should-not-be-poked, or peeked at places-that-should-not-be-peeked. He says that it's to collect material for his book. Though nobody really sure what book that he's talking about.

His dream is to travel across the world, meet strange things, write about his experience, and be an accomplished writer. And no one give more travel-and-meet-strange-things opportunity more than team Eibon.

Grade: 2
    Pokethulhu Lore: 7
    Phys Ed: 4
    Shoplifting: 7
    Talk Trash: 6 (lucky)

Thulhu
    Spoiler
    Show

Möbeot

Power: 4
    Speed: 11
    Hit Points: 5
    Aspects: Non-Euclidean, Icy
    Weakness: Squamous

Injure: 1 dice (Icy Winds, Icy)
    Dodge: 3 dice (Time Displacement, Non-Euclidean)
    Trap: 3 dice (Eternal Loop, Non-Euclidean)
    Frighten: 2 dice (Embarrassing Memories, Non-Euclidean)

Ulthar

Power: 5
    Speed: 8
    Hit Points: 7
    Aspects: Luminescent, Non-Euclidean
    Weakness: Sticky

Injure: 1 dice (Brain-Sucking Stare, Luminecent)
    Dodge: 3 dice (Step Sideways Through Time, Non-Euclidian)
    Trap: 2 dice (Scratch in Reality, Non-Euclidean)
    Frighten: 3 dice (Warped-Doppler Screech, Non-Euclidean)

Can we pick ANY pre-made Pokethulhu? Even the so-called rare Lllidori
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-18 at 04:26 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Terrance Norton

Terrance follows behind the teacher looking all around him at his surroundings not paying too much attention to what the adult is saying to the group.
    Hope we get to see some thulhu while we're here he thinks to himself as he goes.

Cultist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Terrance Norton
    Home Village: Dukesport
    Aspect: Luminescent
    Chaos Cards: 2
    Terrance is a tall boy with a pale tan, dark brown hair and eyes. Over the years he has studied all the books on thulhu contained in his school's library so that he could know how to catch and train them when he sets out and encounters them on his journey throughout the world. He hopes to find all the pokethulhu that exist before he becomes an adult.

Grade Level: 6
    Pokethulhu Lore: 8 (lucky)
    Phys Ed: 4
    Shoplifting: 4
    Talking Trash: 4

Thulhu 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Bhlastur
    Power: 8
    Speed: 6
    Hit Points: 6
    Aspects: Squamous, Luminescent
    Weakness: Icy

Injure: 3 dice (Lightning Tongue, Luminescent)
    Dodge: 2 dice (Shell Game, Squamous)
    Trap: 2 dice (Static Cling, Luminescent)
    Frighten: 2 dice (Arcing Bark, Luminescent)

Thulhu 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Scuttle
    Power: 7
    Speed: 8
    Hit Points: 5
    Aspects: Sticky, Squamous
    Weakness: Luminescent

Injure: 2 dice(Hot Spray, Sticky)
    Dodge: 2 dice (Scuttle, Sticky)
    Trap: 3 dice(Mucous Jet, Sticky)
    Frighten: 2 dice(Screech, Squamous)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The lobby is a huge blizzard of desks, phones, people, and busy-looking workers.

"Mr. Tallfellow! Children! Welcome to the Nameless Harbor TSC! We are very fortunate to have you all here this week." The voice approaches from out of nowhere and reveals itself to be a lady in a labcoat; she looks at each of you with an inquisitive stare before clapping her hands and putting on a smile. "I am Mary, your tour guide for this afternoon's visit. Now are there any questions to start off with?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Parish White

Parish sticks up a skinny hand. "Are there bathrooms in this facility?"

Question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On a scale from one to Nyarlathotep, how much does Mr. Tallfellow look like Nyarlathotep?

8. - Top - End - #8

Howard

Howard stops scribbling, nods at his own conclusion, and asks.

"When will you declare this place's real purpose, that is to conquer the world using perfectly placed colored marbles? Do you plan to use us all as hostages?"

<OOC>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before we continue, I need to ask two things.
    1.What's the general feel of this campaign? I mean, ridiculous campaign, horror campaign, or something it between.
    2.What are the status of thulhu in this world. Are they common knowledge/use, like pokemon, common knowledge but of little use, or not so common/holy-crap-run-for-your-life-that's-a-thulhu behind you?

I mean, yeah, I got the general... feeling from the prologue and setting. But I feel that I might need a clarification.
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-18 at 04:54 PM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hazi Heartkraft
    "I think its your marbles you should worry about... though the hostage thing might be pretty accurate, I'm sure they're gonna do their best to keep us in line."

"My question is, when can we ditch this stupid tour and check the place out for ourselves."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The campaign is a combination of horror and ridiculousness.
    As for thulhu/cultists, it's not all that common. Probably 90% of people are aware they exist, about 10% have seen one and lived to tell, and probably one in at least a hundred children are cultists at the most but there's enough that not everyone knows each other by name. Adults are unsure of which children are cultists, and are generally paranoid, but other kids can sense something different. Although, in the end, everyone is a little warped.
    So I guess that's summed up by common knowledge but of little use. Even amateur cultists know more than the general public.

As for Mr. Tallfellow, he does not look like a named or nameless spawn of the maddening voids. At least not right now. He's kind of like a laid-back substitute teacher. So, one.

Mary leans down to Parish and pats him on the head. "Yes."

And with a twitch in her face she turns to Hazi, "Leave? Can't leave the tour. No, no." Her face goes dark for a moment before she jumps up into a noxiously enthusiastic stance. "So shall we begin?" She flashes a smile as the lights flicker for a moment. There are waves out sudden outcries from other groups in the lobby.

11. - Top - End - #11

Parish White

His hair doesn't bristle. Not exactly. But there is something vaguely feline about Parish for a few beats after Mary withdraws her hand.

Don't get all riled up. Let her think I'm just a harmless kid.

Putting some harmless squeak into his voice, Parish asks "Could you tell me where they are? I'll just run over to them and catch up with the tour as quick as I can."

Nobody's quite as innocuous as a kid looking for the bathroom.

12. - Top - End - #12

Howard

Howard shrugs. Oh well, never hurt to asks. But hey, at least somebody answered. Though not the answer that he wanted and not somebody that he thought would answer.

And five minute into the tour, a kid already asked for the bathroom. Isn't that usually his part? Well, it's still from his group anyway.

Howard scans his group. He didn't notice them until now. There's this squeaky kid with strange cat-like feels (and not the cute and fluffy ones), this pouty girl that answered his question previously, and this twitchy and scared kid. Hm, they're supposed to have 5 people in one group. The other guy hasn't showed up yet. He wonders, which one might be their group leader, officially or unofficially? Not him, that's for sure.

He feels like socializing today, and he mentally scales which one is the safest bet to start.

He whispers to the scared little kid. He'll start with this one.

"Hey, what's your name? Cool place huh? I can't wait until they show us the place where the exciting stuffs happen"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-18 at 10:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

There are five you you guys (you four and the scared kid), plus the adult and Mary.

Mary points over to a nearby opening in the wall where the arrows point to the bathrooms. She smiles,"Be quick now, sweetie."

The scared kid looks up at Howard but avoids his eyes. "S...s...simon Barrow. From Carcosa Bay. Are you one of... them?"

14. - Top - End - #14

Howard

"One of them? Huh, it depend on what you meant by them. I'm not one of the boy scout, thats for sure."

"Name is Howard, nice to meet you." said the boy.
    "don't be so scared. They won't mind you if you do not attract their attention... Whatever you're scared at.

Man, I wish they'd start soon. The anticipation is killing me. I really want to explore on my own. Find more interesting stuffs that way, you know. Adults always hid the most interesting stuffs."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"My grandfather works here. I never see him though."

16. - Top - End - #16

Howard

"Really? That's cool. Did he ever tell you what do they do here?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-21 at 09:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hazi Heartkraft

Hazi sighs, half-heartedly tossing an acid look at the tour guide. With Parish off to the bathroom, she wasn't very inclined to make new friends in her group.

Glancing at Simon, she idly rolls the dodecahedron around in her pocket, briefly considering making his day with it. For the first time today, a flicker of a smile flits across her face, but fades as she decides against it. Sighing again, she simply stands angstily and waits for the tour to start.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just curious, what are all of your characters wearing? I'm trying to draw our group/thulhu.
    Last edited by Elrosth; 2008-09-21 at 10:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"He hasn't left the lab in years. But he writes often. Can't understand it..."

Spoiler
    Show

What's Parish up to? Heading to the bathroom?

19. - Top - End - #19

Parish White

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the brief absence. Went traveling for the weekend. Left a note in my sig, but it was pretty easily missable. Sorry, guys.

Also, Elrosth, you're amazing. I would love to see a picture of this group. Parish wears a buttoned shirt, slacks, sneakers, glasses, and has a white shock running through his dark hair.

Parish steps down off of the covered toilet, sneakers clapping against the tile floor of the bathroom. No good. I guess they don't have fancy crawl-spaces in the ceiling. He regards the bit of ceiling tile that he'd been trying to rip out and figures that it won't be noticed for a while. I'm gonna have to ditch the tour the old-fashioned way. Le sigh.

Returning to the tour group, Parish smiles brightly. "Sorry about the delay. I'm ready to go now."

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show

Nice, Elrosth! Howard wore the usual unruly poetwear of the early 20th century. Untidy shirts, brown trousers and coat. Either greasy or scrawgly black hair. Might wear a tie, if you think it's normal for a child to wear tie. Just picture a child version of edgar allan poe or hp lovecraft. A

Howard

"That's interesting. You didn't understand your grandpa's writing at all? He and I might become good acquintance. And by relative relationship, you and I might become good acquintance too! I really wonder what do they do here."

He turn his attention to the other member of the group. "Anyway, have we introduced ourself before? I must be fallen asleep if we have. You know, sometimes I even fall asleep as I walk. 'Cause sometimes our world is kinda boring, don't you agree?

My name is Howard. Nice to meet you guys!"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-22 at 10:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay, boys and girls. Now that we are all ready..." Mary begins walking backwards in that tour guide-style towards a nearby door labeled 'Main Lab: Personnel Only'.

"We're going to start with a tour of the labs. The building was established over thirty years ago..." She drones on as she holds the swinging doors open and escorts your group into an endless hall of doors.

Numerous people dressed in official-looking white labcoats enter and exit through doors located at odd intervals without giving a trace of interest. Mr. Tallfellow is up front with Mary, rather distracted and nodding at every pointless fact she throws out about the exterior of the building and the view of Nameless Harbor. Simon tags along behind you all (he's about ten, in a pale yellow shirt and faded dockers, with blond hair that mostly covers his face).

The doors are automated to open when someone passes by and filtered windows overlook elaborate workstations; from your end of the corridor, the rooms you can see are rather torn up and people are busy cleaning up strange markings on the walls and liquids spilled on the floor and workbenches. These rooms are built lower so that you have to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the work area.

Spoiler
    Show

Chaos cards will be sent out soon via PM.

Mary is droning on right now .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hazi Heartkraft

Hazi casually drifts over next to Parish. "I do believe this is our cue," she says in a low voice, eyeing the automatic doors and the activity within. Then, she tries to get the attention of the other kids in the group as quickly and subtly as she could. When they're in earshot, she whispers "Listen, I don't know you guys, but you're either going to love or hate the next few minutes. To make it short, you can follow me and Parish, or not. Up to you. But you'll probably bear the brunt of a pissed-off tour guide when she notices we're gone. Besides, you're gonna have a lot more fun with us."

23. - Top - End - #23

Parish White

"I dunno about this, Hazi. We're bound to be noticed if we slip away now. And that means getting chased down by men in coats and spending the rest of the trip dangling our legs over the edge of a bench. Plus, if we all go in a group, we're going to be a lot easier to find. Let's wait 'til we see something more interesting to investigate" Dropping his voice, Parish adds "I bet we can that scaredy-cat kid to run off. When Mary and Tallman go after him, we can slip away. Sound good?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hazi Heartkraft

"Exactly what I had in mind, actually." Hazi whispers back with a grin.

"So what do you say?"
    she asks, leveling her stare at the scardy-cat. "You guys in?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Howard

Listening to some boring adult or having our own adventure? No need for explanation, I'm in!
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-09-25 at 03:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Terrance

I'm in for it, might find some cool stuff while we explore this place

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

The lights flicker once again and the floor begins to shake. You can hear glassware in the individual rooms begin to rattle and occasionally shatter. A few people stop in the hallway but more senior members of the staff continue on without noticing. Simon's eyes get really wide as he trails behind you all.

Mary goes on with the tour, but she stops to look into one of the rooms with a wary glance. As she pulls her head out from the doorway, Mary gives you all a wide smile and closes the door slightly. "Alright children, try to keep up." Her pace quickens as her and Mr. Tallfellow begin to talk in hushed voices.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-10-09 at 10:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Parish White

"Somehow, I think we'll manage." Parish mutters, then he sidles up to Simon.

"Hey, I bet there's something really cool on the other side of that door. Think you could take a look for me?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Howard
    The dreamy (and not in the teen-idol sense of dreamy) looking boy grins.

"Alright, this might be interesting. I myself have been curious about that door. Don't worry, I have quite some experiences on going to places where I'm not supposed to go."

When nobody notice him (hundreds of small critters children fumbling around kinda help) he slowly sneaks toward the door, planning to silently open the door a bit and peek inside if he manages to reach the door.

Spoiler
    Show

So... do I need to roll? How many rolls? To keep things moving, I'll just roll three times. If it's a hard challenge, just use the first roll and so on. And it seems that I can't roll on an edited post, so I'll roll below.
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-10-10 at 03:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12)[4]against 7

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12)[2]against 7

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12)[6]against 7

Spoiler
    Show