New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pokethulhu!!!

1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pokethulhu!!!

Parish White

Parish leans back and watches the window, waiting for a host of teachers and lab assistants to go tearing by after the kid.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Pentacruel plops into the water quite unceremoniously and disappears below the surface. A while later, it resurfaces and scales the wall, jumping back onto the catwalk with a little effort. It squiggles a little bit and then slithers across the way to Hazi.

And, like clockwork, there's a rush of people running past the window in hot pursuit of the kid.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Howard

Howard scratches his chin and then summons mobeot with some undistinctive mumbling of a horrible and ancient spell.

"Mobeot, why don't you hover or fly or something toward that mirror and poke it for us?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-11-25 at 07:17 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

4. - Top - End - #94

Parish White

"What's the point of having a room like this? Something eldritch and squamous, probably. But really. Did the facility build this chamber just so that a bunch of pentacruels could watch people moving about? Seems like a waste to me."

Parish goes looking for other ways out of the room (aside from breaking the one-way glass or going back into the pentacruel chamber.)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

As mobeot floats over to the window, a tour group stops by the window and the guide (who looks very much like Mary, but differs almost imperceptibly) pushes a button. Spotlights mounted on the top of the ceiling begin to strobe on and off, revealing a door at each end of the catwalk (aside from the broken one you entered from).

An automated voice rings out:
    "Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed audience of the Nameless Harbor Thulhu Super-Collider introduce you to these strange creatures captured not too far off our coasts. They are known as... pentacruel!"

The pentacruel makes its way to Hazi and with a sudden shudder it - a wild pentacruel, in fact - jumped onto her, grabbing her arm and squealing hungrily.

The voice droned on. "Through the us of our Super-Collider facility, we are able to combine these mysterious creatures and their kin into new conformations. Such as the mighty..."

The water below began to boil as a beast the size of tank itself began to surface.

"DECACRUEL!!!"

6. - Top - End - #96

Parish White

"Hazi! Get down! Tindalonine, let's rock this--I WILL END YOU, SY'THURYDOS!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for initiative as Sy breaks out of his dodecahedron and soul-shreds a blast over Hazi's shoulder. (1d12)[4]+1 for initiative, then (1d12)[1],(1d12)[3],(1d12)[1] for attack against power 11 and lore 9

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

The impostor pentacruel is only partially soul shredded. It slips off Hazi's arm, slapping her in the face with one flailing appendage and then jumps onto Sy'thurydos!

(1 Damage! I rolled several impressive 11s. X_X )

8. - Top - End - #98

Parish White

The catwalk groans under the combined weight of Sy'Thurydos, the pentacruel, and the kids. Parish groans too, but mostly at his unmanageable thulhu.

"Let's get outta here." Parish bolts for the door at the other end of the catwalk, doing his best to slip around the melee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sy launches another soul-shred at the pentacruel. (1d12)[12],(1d12)[8],(1d12)[11], vs. lore 9 and power 11

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Sy' shreds more soul than there is to shred and the squishy star topples off the catwalk and onto an island of similar slimy flesh rising quickly from the water. Hazi's pentacruel climbs sheepishly up the water and jabs an arm at the monster below, then waves its arms frantically.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-25 at 07:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Parish White

"One more for the collection."

Parish digs his last dodecahedron out of his backpack and attempts to claim the fallen pentacruel.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d12)[5],(1d12)[6],(1d12)[3],(1d12)[12], vs. lore 9

There's a flash of unholy light, then Parish pockets the dodecahedron and runs for the door. Sy'Thurydos gets there slightly ahead of him, ramming it with his lamprey body.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-25 at 07:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Howard

"What the heck is happening here!? What is this place? What is THAT!?"

He looks at the giant thulhu.

"I'm not fighting that thing. Mobeot! go back here! But not after you poke that window thing of course..."

He then follows Parish toward the door.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Moebot pokes the window and someone below seems to notice. But other than that, nothing out of the ordinary occurs, but then - nope, still normal. Of course its touch warps the small part of the mirror it touches, turning it into a looking glass into the spiraling abyss that lies beyond the dreams of mortals. But only for a second.

Spoiler
    Show

Paranoia!
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-11-26 at 01:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rubbing her arm, Hazi quickly follows the rest. "Alrighty! I think I'll be going now too."
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

This door is rather dented and looks as if someone just recently stuck it back into place. As it closes behind you all it wobbles precariously. This room opens up into a wide laboratory with three huge tanks. The tank in the center looks like it busted open and a great deal of foul smelling slime is slowly dripping out. A fine assortment of eldritch and scientific gizmos line several workbenches.

And in the middle of it all is a man in a blood red labcoat, currently toying with some sort of saw.

15. - Top - End - #105

Parish White

Totally ignoring Parish's frantic hand gestures to get back in the dodecahedron, you colossal tapeworm!, Sy'Thurydos squelches up behind the man and delivers a potent burp to the back of his lab-coat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belch of reeking decay v. attack of 11 and lore of 9, (1d12)[9],(1d12)[1],(1d12)[12],
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-11-27 at 02:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gah!" The man dropped the saw and passed out with fright.

17. - Top - End - #107

Parish White

Sy'Thurydos starts to slink away, presumably to look for other laboratory staff to terrorize/eat, but is interrupted by a flying tackle.

"You're done. Get back in. See if I ever summon you again!" Sy'thurydos dwindles and finally disappears into his dodecahedron, leaving behind nothing more than a plaintive sigh. "There. That's finally done with."

Parish walks over to the unconscious scientist, kneels down, and starts going through his pockets.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Agreeing wholeheartedly with this course of action, Hazi begins to investigate the room as well, looking for anything of interest.

19. - Top - End - #109

Howard

Howard looks at the downed scientist.

"Ooh boy. Dunno if that's a lucky break, or you've just sent us to the asylum or jail for LIFE. do you think they can give life sentence for kid? Man, am I destined to be a writer-from-behind-the bar like that 'birdman of Arkham Asylum'? I want to be a famous writer, but not that kind... But, what the hell."

He studies the room, taking particular interest at what the heck that the scientist was working on before.
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-11-29 at 02:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

A row of books sits off to one side, its titles read:
    "Gene Splicing for Fun and Profit"
    "1 + 1 = 2, but With Thulhu!!!"
    "Science and the Occult: How and Why"
    "Mystic Fusion - The Secrets the Professionals Don't Want You To Know About"

There's also an apparent repair manual for the machine in the room, but its pages are blank. It seems that no one got around to writing it yet.

In the scientist's pockets is a few broken crystals and some rune-inscribed stones. There's also a sacrificial dagger and a pocket abacus.

One of the walls also has a massive hole punched through it, about six or seven feet high and vaguely person-shaped.

21. - Top - End - #111

Parish White

Parish pockets the pocket abacus. "Ooh, sweet. It's a TI-83. I never did get around to buying one of these for class." He also snags the sacrificial dagger (it's the perfect cure for a surplus of pentacruel,) and wanders over to the hole in the wall. If it leads into another room, he'll clamber through. "We'd better keep moving. There's a chance the people watching the decacruel exhibit saw us, and I don't feel like playing the 'how many stolen thulu can I hide on my person' game with security."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I believe that game involves rubber gloves no matter how high you roll for Trash-talking.

Beyond this room is another room! It is a very wide room from this angle, with something that looks like a rune-carved cannon on each side. In the middle of the room is a bed sheet-sized piece of parchment covered in archaic handwriting. The light is very dim and there is a strange humming sound coming from the walls themselves, which show traces of runes like the ones that disappeared in the room seen earlier.

It looks like that the giant piece of parchment was burned from the middle out, with only the edges slowly moving in a nonexistent breeze.

The ground shudders once more and the lights flicker. There's an outcry from numerous people heard through the walls, but everything returns to normal a few moments later.
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-12-01 at 12:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Howard

The room is fascinating, but Howard is most interested on the books. He don't see a lot of thulhu related book other than the occassional varieties of 'How to avoid horrible death by thulhu' and necronomicons. Especially not these kinds of arcane-y science-y-ish books. He skims through the books, trying to find something that he can understand.
    "Hey, remember when I asked our guide about this facilities purpose? It turned out that this facility isn't about colliding marbles AT ALL. I think... this guy is cutting and combining thulhu!

The world domination theory through keeping us as hostages is still on hold though.

What was this guy sawing before? Whatever it was, I was it's uncouncious or dead. Cause... you know. If it's me, I'd be really angry if someone ran a saw thorugh me"
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-12-01 at 02:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Parish White

"I betcha this is the collider." Parish clambers through the hole into the wall and examines the room, looking for any other doors that he might have missed.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

A voice in the corner of the large room, from behind a movable blackboard, cries out: "Intruders! Hmmph. Secrets! Espionage! Quickly, guards! Guards? Bah."
    Last edited by Maerok; 2008-12-01 at 11:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Parish White

"Uh-oh. Wrong way." Parish darts back out through the hole in the wall and them summons an unconscious pentacruel into it, filling the space with its gelatinous bulk. "They're on to us. Get your thulhu out and ready. I think we're gonna have to storm the next room."
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2008-12-01 at 11:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

"A blight upon your faces!" There's a loud squeal and the thump on wheels across an uneven floor. Then something bumps the pentacruel from the other side futilely. "A reckoning upon your patrons!" The voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

There's another muffled bang

28. - Top - End - #118

Howard

"No! Wait!" Howard whispers to his friends.

"Don't blew anyone's mind into oblivion yet! This isn't supposed to be an attack to enemy's castle, or a fight for our live! This is a field trip for nyarly's sake! Alright, prepare your thulhu but hold your leash! I don't want to leave heap of bodies in our way out, that will complicate things. Well, make things even more complicated than now. Now we're just stray kids. Stray kids that knocked someone mind's out using cyclopean horror, that is. But if we might yet leave this place without being sent to prison or asylum for life.

And I know that kind of voice. I heard that kind of voice countless times in my journey to collect writing materials...

It's that voice of crockety old geezers. Those kinds who wobbles with wheelchairs or walking sticks, chasing kids away from his lawn. They're noisy, but rarely dangerous.

I believe this guy must be an arcane scientist or something close. Act curious but polite. They like scientifically interested kids. Especially since we got thulhu. Working here, this guy must be a wizard. Try to keep him interested."
    Last edited by Fri; 2008-12-02 at 11:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hazi, holding her dodecahedron excitedly, sags in disappointment. "So... We don't torment the elderly?" Sighing, she places the dodecahedron back in her pocket.
    Last edited by Elrosth; 2008-12-02 at 10:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Parish White

Parish walks over to the pentacruel and tentatively pulls one of its tendrils back, peering through into the other room.