New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Lord's of Jacob's Ladder

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t=91432&page=2

I don't want to kill an interactive mood, so instead of an introduction the game starts with the gods in a space station above the Earth speaking to eachother.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lord's of Jacob's Ladder

Fghtak as he had dubbed himself sat gibbering in a corner his straightjacket buckles straining, and twisting as he attempted to escape his bonds, and his limits. The straight jacket itself had suffered none since he had gained this power, and the other gods will find that it is impossible to remove or damage in anyway except for some light singes if they attempt to remove it.
    the physcotic god then set about devouring the bugs in his corner while iggbering something about the "awakening", and how the stars are not right.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Fghtak as he had dubbed himself sat gibbering in a corner his straightjacket buckles straining, and twisting as he attempted to escape his bonds, and his limits. The straight jacket itself had suffered none since he had gained this power, and the other gods will find that it is impossible to remove or damage in anyway except for some light singes if they attempt to remove it.
    the physcotic god then set about devouring the bugs in his corner while iggbering something about the "awakening", and how the stars are not right.
    Karmoth stared at Fghtak in his child's body. Karmoth's eyes were blood red, and he had a strange aura of anguish that people in orbit could feel. Without realizing his emotional outburst, Karmoth had slain all of the entire population of a Mars colony.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandon slips out of the 4th dimension back into the third after observing the goings on here. He had been watching for the whole time from there, and decided to then step in. He materializes with a blur to all the people in the room, a fog, and a flash. He is standing there, with a pained look on his face, over 6 feet tall and slim. He has long, straight brown hair and a finely tailored, ruffled brown suit. His black and green eyes glare at the straitjacketed figure in the corner, and he walks over and kicks him in the face, then slumps in another corner, looking exhausted.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Brandon slips out of the 4th dimension back into the third after observing the goings on here. He had been watching for the whole time from there, and decided to then step in. He materializes with a blur to all the people in the room, a fog, and a flash. He is standing there, with a pained look on his face, over 6 feet tall and slim. He has long, straight brown hair and a finely tailored, ruffled brown suit. His black and green eyes glare at the straitjacketed figure in the corner, and he walks over and kicks him in the face, then slumps in another corner, looking exhausted.
    Amon Karmoth simply wondered too himself what he should do. "The Force keeping us bound in human bodies has been destroyed by an unknown force. Jacob's Ladder has awakened us afterward. What force is more powerful than the Forces of Fate?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mikael shrugs, as he opens a random service panel on the wall, and unexpectedly finds a six pack of dark, German beer behind it. He opens one and sits himself on the floor. After taking a large drink from the bottle, he says: "So, what do we do now? Won't our former caretakers be after us?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charl View Post
    Mikael shrugs, as he opens a random service panel on the wall, and unexpectedly finds a six pack of dark, German beer behind it. He opens one and sits himself on the floor. After taking a large drink from the bottle, he says: "So, what do we do now? Won't our former caretakers be after us?"
    "They are afraid.. besides, we got most of them."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Bertrand wanders off and finds some raw materials and tools behind a panel. Half an hour later he has a filigree bracelet which happens to contain a fully-functional laser. He continues tinkering.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "They are afraid.. besides, we got most of them."
    "Might be true, but they know how to make more of us, and eventually they are bound to find a way to control them too."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charl View Post
    "Might be true, but they know how to make more of us, and eventually they are bound to find a way to control them too."
    "So who did the Brethren send to this station we just took over? What are your names? I know Fghtak. But thats it."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandon lifts his head out of his arms, his face soaked in sweat. He had been trying to telepathically pacify fghtak quite unsucessfully- he found his mind to be extremely... volatile. He wore a pained, exhausted look on his face. Suddenly, one of the bottles of beer found itself inexplicably a different brand and in his hands. He drank a bot, then trew it at the wall, standing up. "Tell me your name, child, before anything. I do not have the energy to go digging for it."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Brandon lifts his head out of his arms, his face soaked in sweat. He had been trying to telepathically pacify fghtak quite unsucessfully- he found his mind to be extremely... volatile. He wore a pained, exhausted look on his face. Suddenly, one of the bottles of beer found itself inexplicably a different brand and in his hands. He drank a bot, then trew it at the wall, standing up. "Tell me your name, child, before anything. I do not have the energy to go digging for it."
    "As far as I know, the child's mind is known as Jakob. Apparently he lived a normal life before the Babel agents kidnapped him."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Bertrand wanders back in in time to hear the question on names.
    "I'm Thomas Bertrand, but call me Kamate. My given name no longer fits."
    Folding@Home

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

The Deranged mental man in a straight jacket looks upon the others, and one of the many voices in his head spoke.
    "KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU!"
    "No don't! we needto make them our freinds so that we will have someone to defend us while we are trapped in here."
    "I say we do nothing, and wait for the satrs to align.... For our true awakening."
    "SILENCE! he is not supposed to know these things! It is your fault that he went mad in the first place!"
    "Stop bickering you two, your acting like a bunch of children."
    "And it ended up saving us didn't it? I planned this I had us placed close to the child, so that way our power could begin to awaken!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    The Deranged mental man in a straight jacket looks upon the others, and one of the many voices in his head spoke.
    "KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU!"
    "No don't! we needto make them our freinds so that we will have someone to defend us while we are trapped in here."
    "I say we do nothing, and wait for the satrs to align.... For our true awakening."
    "SILENCE! he is not supposed to know these things! It is your fault that he went mad in the first place!"
    "Stop bickering you two, your acting like a bunch of children."
    "And it ended up saving us didn't it? I planned this I had us placed close to the child, so that way our power could begin to awaken!"
    Amon decided that enough was enough. "ENOUGH" he reiterated out loud. "We need to think about what our course of action is. I"m a strange creature out of touch with his own darkness and light, and everyone else, except for a few are just as unstable as I. I think I'll go to the recreation commons before we actually do anything important."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

"Why are you all talking about "we" so much? Yes, we all went through something similar. Who cares? I really could care less about the rest of you. I have Things To Do."
    Bertrand turns to leave.
    Last edited by thevorpalbunny; 2008-09-26 at 08:19 PM.
    Folding@Home

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

[um, that was inside his head....]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

[put thoughts in Italics, like this:]

Half are insane and the others look pretty useless. Why did I come here with them in the first place?
    Folding@Home

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"The world down there, on Earth... is too fragile for us. I cannot live there and began to destroy things. I must leave... Perhaps one of the stars outside our system?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

[they ARE in italic vorpal...]
    Fghtak will come out of his mad state for a few seconds to say.,.
    "We have been choosen to live for a reason, and each of us has a purpose we must serve. There is no avoiding the forces of Destiny young ones."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

[well don't put them in quotes, then. That's for speech. In the past I've used /~I think you a thought~/ instead of "I say something" to distinguish them, that might help.]
    Folding@Home

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I am beyond Destiny. There is none before me. ::A demonic voice emerged as Amon spoke::

23. - Top - End - #23

"Think about it, man, or whatever you are. What is it for us out there in space? Just cold, empty, vacuum. We may not be entirely human anymore, but humanity is all we have. As far as I know, it's the only thing around."

Mikael empties his beer and opens another one, then takes out a pack of luckies from his leather jacket and lights one.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandon laughs a short, harsh laugh at what Mikael says. "What is it for us out there in space? Nothing any sane man would want. I do not, however, hold myself to be one of those lucky beings. Space is cold, but not empty." His voice drops, and he takes on an edge, sounding... off. "There are things out there. Beings of incredible, horrible power. Not gods, but close enough." His voice slows, and becomes soft, hiding a distinct maliciousness. "Where do you think we got our... gifts... anyways?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

{OOC:}
    Spoiler
    Show

What kind of power do we have? For example, if someone had created a earth god-type, what would be the limit of their capabilities? Making a plant double in size in a minute or so? Causing a forest to spring up where there was previously just grass? Restoring the crater of an atomic bomb to a grassy field? What can we do?
    Folding@Home

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    {OOC:}
    Spoiler
    Show

What kind of power do we have? For example, if someone had created a earth god-type, what would be the limit of their capabilities? Making a plant double in size in a minute or so? Causing a forest to spring up where there was previously just grass? Restoring the crater of an atomic bomb to a grassy field? What can we do?
    OOC: Basically, we can terraform an entire planet in a few short days from just outside of orbit. We don't require oxygen to breathe, we can all telepathically communicate, and we are all extremely tougher to kill than even a supersoldier.

A god of war could manipulate nations into attacking eachother, cause civil war, invent weapons more powerful than any ever made, create champions capable of superhuman feats... etcetera.

So, its basically like everyone is capable of destroying an Earthsized planet in 24 hours with our powers.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Where do you think we got our... gifts... anyways?"
    "Ourselves... Thats why we are supposedly worshiped in limited form down below... By different names. Its impossible to know who is who..."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

{OOC: oh, I didn't think we were nearly that powerful. Thanks for the clarification}

In response to Mikael, Kamate replies "Space is the biggest laboratory possible. Earth is more important, but no scientist would ever turn down the chance to turn an entire planet into a living laboratory."

After hearing Amon's comment Evidently deciding that this conversation no longer holds his interest, Kamate exits without another word.

He leaves and goes to an isolated piece of the space station. With a few tools he pulls from behind a bulkhead and his abilities, he rebuilds it into a car-sized one-man spacecraft powered by zero-point energy and descends to Earth, landing in the Alps, near the site of the LHC
    {OOC: If you haven't rigidly decided how history ran, I'd like the LHC to have been shut down long ago, but the tunnel to still exist in bad repair.}
    Folding@Home

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    {OOC: oh, I didn't think we were nearly that powerful. Thanks for the clarification}

In response to Mikael, Kamate replies "Space is the biggest laboratory possible. Earth is more important, but no scientist would ever turn down the chance to turn an entire planet into a living laboratory."

After hearing Amon's comment Evidently deciding that this conversation no longer holds his interest, Kamate exits without another word.

He leaves and goes to an isolated piece of the space station. With a few tools he pulls from behind a bulkhead and his abilities, he rebuilds it into a car-sized one-man spacecraft powered by zero-point energy and descends to Earth, landing in the Alps, near the site of the LHC
    {OOC: If you haven't rigidly decided how history ran, I'd like the LHC to have been shut down long ago, but the tunnel to still exist in bad repair.}
    (Whats the LHC?)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

(THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER the most powerful energy accelerator on the planet... it may very well be the end of us all. On other news what could I do with my powers... Cthulhu Mythos type of stuff, or does my death domain mean sluaghter?)