New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Lord's of Jacob's Ladder

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    (THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER the most powerful energy accelerator on the planet... it may very well be the end of us all. On other news what could I do with my powers... Cthulhu Mythos type of stuff, or does my death domain mean sluaghter?)
    (Your good at causing death... duh. ;) you could probably cause diseases...)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

(Well... I have an actual reason for my person growing in power later game... I will PM it to you, and if you don't approve I will sctach it, and make new plans.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

As Kamate leaves, Brandon keeps an extradimensional eye on him, watching what he is doing. Seeing him near the LHC, Brandon teleports there and using his powers over portals and doors causes the entry to collapse. He then sits on top of the wreckage, smoking a cigarette, waiting for Kamate to get there.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mikael shrugs at the others. "Suit yourselves."

He then walks off in search for a computer with radio or whatever connection to Earth.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charl View Post
    Mikael shrugs at the others. "Suit yourselves."

He then walks off in search for a computer with radio or whatever connection to Earth.
    It seems the destruction of a Mars colony has reached the massess. The Five Sovereign nations of Earth hope to find who was responsible.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    It seems the destruction of a Mars colony has reached the massess. The Five Sovereign nations of Earth hope to find who was responsible.
    "Now that is interesting. I wonder who did." Mikael wanders off, wondering if he could possibly use his power over information to find out, or if he has to ask one of the other freaks on the station.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charl View Post
    "Now that is interesting. I wonder who did." Mikael wanders off, wondering if he could possibly use his power over information to find out, or if he has to ask one of the other freaks on the station.
    He senses it was someone in the same station. Strongly suggestable conclusion was Amon Karmoth.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-03 at 04:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Kamate reaches the entrance in the deserted CERN complex. He sees Brandon sitting there and snarls. "One of you? Had nothing better to do than follow the only one with brains, eh? You probably can't even figure out why I'm here."
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

"The only one with brains, eh? That's precious. As if a few tools and trinkets could make you smarter than me. You may know technology, but I know everything. Everything that is, was, and some of what will be. I know what is in your head. I know things that you cannot even begin to comprehend. Do not speak to me about 'brains'. My brains are the only reason I'm still sentient. I doubt you could say the same thing for yourself." Brandon flicks his cigarette at Kamate sot that it hits his eye. "And as for 'not knowing why you're here', what do you take me for, a child? Here lies one of the greatest sources of resources and power on the planet. It does not take much to understand why you are here." Brandon jumps down and walks up to Kamate, waiting for an answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, by the way, Brandon is probing Kamate as he says this. At the least, he should be able to glean some surface thoughts.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-10-03 at 05:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

"Resources? Power? For someone who claims to be omniscient, you don't know sh*t. This tunnel is nothing but a 17-mile scrap heap. This scrap heap, however, is a symbol. This was the place where we found the rules of the universe, and it will be the place where I find the path beyond them. Scarcity is dead, and this tunnel will be its tomb."
    Last edited by thevorpalbunny; 2008-10-03 at 08:34 PM.
    Folding@Home

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    "Resources? Power? For someone who claims to be omniscient, you don't know sh*t. This tunnel is nothing but a 17-mile scrap heap. This scrap heap, however, is a symbol. This was the place where we found the rules of the universe, and it will be the place where I find the path beyond them. Scarcity is dead, and this tunnel will be its tomb."
    "Our powers are weak." Amon lamented. "Something beyond us is incomprehensible, yet we simply went into obedient slumber when the stars demanded it."
    He paused."How could any force, even immortal seal our fates all at once? One of us well fed and nourished has the power of infinite galaxies coursing through our veins."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Our powers are weak." Amon lamented. "Something beyond us is incomprehensible, yet we simply went into obedient slumber when the stars demanded it."
    He paused."How could any force, even immortal seal our fates all at once? One of us well fed and nourished has the power of infinite galaxies coursing through our veins."
    (You're not near us)
    Folding@Home

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(You're not near us)
    (Accidental quoting. You'll notice he's just rambling.)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

(OK)
    Kamate pauses a moment and then resumes his diatribe against Brandon
    "And another thing; I am more than just a user of 'trinkets,' I am Science incarnate. I know how the world works from the gluons to the supermassive black holes; I can use zero-point energy, I know to collapse your heart into a black hole no matter how distant you are. That is my power."
    He grins ferally, "But I have always been for conserving power. The trinkets help with that." and flicks his wrist, blasting away the rubble from beneath Brandon with the laser bracelet he made previously.
    Folding@Home

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

As the dust of the rubble clears, it can be seen that the passage is still blocked- the rocks are now simply in smaller peices. "You're not getting in without my permission, or unless you kill me. I am the gate and the key, and right now the LHC is locked." Brandon starts pacing. "If this is just a pile of rubble, Then Why Are You Here?. I was speaking of power and resources metaphorically. I'm perfectly aware that this is a scrap heap... but for one such as yourself, it holds more power than almost any place on earth. This much I know." He turns to Kamate. "Now, there is a reason why I'm here. It is not my intention to be antagonistic towards you. If you had waited to hear what I had to say rather than go on the offensive immediately, you might have learned that sooner." Brandon pretends to wait for a response, probing Kamate's mind for any information all the while.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"Out with it, then. There are plenty of other spots for me to start. Los Alamos, Hiroshima, Serenity Base. You have 15 seconds to convince me not to leave immediately."
    (I think I got the name wrong, but by Serenity Base I meant the place where Apollo 11 landed. I thought that was the name.)
    Last edited by thevorpalbunny; 2008-10-03 at 09:09 PM.
    Folding@Home

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

"I propose an alliance. There, now I certainly hope you won't leave, or I shall consider it an act of aggression." Brandon pauses, searching in Kamate's mind for any intents of future treachery. "We could take over the world, the two of us. Hell, the galaxy. The only thing in our way right now is the others. When you came down here, I assumed you were going to do something... independent. I thought you might like a companion." Brandon smiles, and shrugs. "You have your trinkets, I'll give you that. They're very nice and shiny, and they can blow things up. However, they are... limited." He sits down, probing again. "I am semi- omniscient. I have powers over the mind, and powers over space time. But hey, let's face it; I'm just highly maneuverable. You can't win alone. I can't win alone. But we can definitely win together." He gets back up, sighs, and continues: "I chose you to approach because I found you the most likely candidate. Intelligent, powerful, and at least somewhat stable. Other than that I'd have to choose form a weakling, a child, and a freak. I do so hope you'll find my choice prudent."
    Spoiler
    Show
    C'mon, man, you've gotta give something up to the mind probe. I hate to see what limited powers I have go to waste.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-10-03 at 09:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Amon Karmoth had accumulated a mysterious colony of 50,000 residents on a planet just outside known space. The planet known Mauryn now had people on it. Through Amon's power, he made a portion of the planet habitable. The weather modification net had been set, and an illusionary existence could be led by the happy citizens. It was Amon who had given these thousands a second chance at life. They had all been singled out by Babel Industries for similar reasons the Lords of Jacob's Ladder had, but to a smaller extent.

They chose a pretended freak technological accident in order to escape the clutches of B.I. The other Lords would discover before long, but Amon would never forget the crimes he had actually done on Mars. Nine thousand years ago, like a child killing ants, Amon, slaughtered the entire planet of Mars. Amon's history as the Black Tyrant of another dimension scarred his mind and irrevocably caused him shame. As the Black Tyrant he devoured entire civilizations, both figuratively and literally.

Whether Amon liked it or not, he had developed absolute control over the Infernal. Now, he must attempt to use his dark power for the causes of Good, if his sanity would last him.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

(If he's reading my thoughts, it's not gaining him anything because he's saying exactly what he's thinking. Science does not value secrecy; he won't hide his emotions or his thoughts.)

"I am not interested. You misread my intentions; I will not take over the world unless it asks me to. I will make inventions so powerful that no sane man would not take it if offered; I will remove all need for poverty, hunger, and death; I will give both freely to the least first, the great later, but once scarcity is dead I will be off to bring those gifts to whoever else sits between the stars."

(Thoughts, if you really want them:) Perhaps they will regard me as a god, many years from now. But while I live they will call me neither lord nor god nor master. I am just a teacher."
    Folding@Home

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

"Then I am done here. You are useless to me." Without another word, Brandon dissapears, off to some dismal dimension, somewhere.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

"Did someone say no sane man? I do believe i was called here?"
    Fghtak then laughs manicly, and you can tell he is STRAINING to get out of the straioght jacket he is in.
    "The things that bound us still hold their sway, could you not free us from our bonds today?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

As Brandon dissappears, Kamate says, "And good riddance to you too. Now to work."
    Then he is interrupted by the arrival of Fgthak. "Another madman. Go away, I will not deal with any more of your kind. I am busy."
    True to his word, he completely ignores him.

Within a minute, Kamate has opened the tunnel. Using scrap, he jury-rigs a hovering platform resembling a floating Segway and modifies his bracelet to make light as well as a laser. In the tunnel, with an abundance of materials, he creates many small robots which explore the tunnel, clean, and gather materials. He lights the area and sets up many sections, including a 'clean room' for his chemistry, a machine shop, and other things that few but he could fathom.
    Over the next days, he sets up an industrial-strength zero-point energy harvester, a proof-of-concept device that creates wormhole gates for transportation, and a clunky but functional nanotech self-replicator.
    Over the next weeks, he extends the proof of concept to a functional device that allows him to move objects the size of the harvester if he has a device at each endpoint, and refines the replicators into constructors that could replicate his harvester.
    Folding@Home

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

at the mention of his words Fgthaks experssion changes to that of a serious bussiness man.
    "Oh, but good sir I think you'll find I'm one of a kind."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"You and everyone else. . ."
    Kamate descends into the tunnel.
    Folding@Home

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

(eh' I triedto be nice.)
    Fghtak will cackle madly before vanishing towards the airlocks... it appears hes going to open them.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

(Kamate is on earth, not in outer space. In the site of the LHC.)
    Folding@Home

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

(Kamate is on earth, not in outer space. In the site of the LHC.)
    (WE are in space though as stated multiple times throghout this thread... I'm just playing a crazy person I don't even know whats next!)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

(How did you talk directly to me then? You said you were "called here")
    Folding@Home

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

(How did you talk directly to me then? You said you were "called here")
    (Crazy person teleporting... I'm the god of madness! )

30. - Top - End - #60

Mikael walks away from the computer after a while of info-gathering. He has now finished his first six-pack and his halfway through his next. While walking through the corridors he lights a cigarette, turns a corner and walks off to a life-pod.
    "The people in this f-ing tincan are idiots." He says to himself, as he climbs into the life-pod and closes the hatch behnid him.
    He takes is seat before the controls to the station.
    "Now let's see here... I wonder if Munich is still around down there on Earth." He clumsily hits the controls trying to program the flight computer, when he accidentally hits the LAUNCH button before he is done.
    The pods is shot away down to Earth, where it crashlands with a loud boom, creating an small crater, not far from the LHC.
    Mikael emerges from the crashed pod, beer bottle in hand. He is not walking straight anymore, from the alcohol and the crash, and appears pretty confused, but unharmed.
    Then he speaks with slightly slurred words: "Wooow... ouch. Ouch. Man... that was brutal. Don't drink and drive! Alcohol and space-ships don't go well together."