New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A World of Gods

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A World of Gods

Kaesor

Kaesor pokes at one of the gas spores, pushing it across the cavern. He smiles, then looks over at his brother. "That's fun." Next, he watches as one of his ratgiants battle one of the fungus monsters for the sport of the ratmen. He smiles and cheers along with the rest. He yells in triumph when the ratgiant finally wins. He turns towards his brother. "See? Mine is better."

Kaesor decided that the ratmen needed to grow. But there weren't that many of them. And so he blessed the ratmen with increased fertility, the women often having over a dozen offspring per litter.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

(mizzim, your in)

Going to Bordum, Inkoslavicarian says, I sense that 4 more gods may still enter the picture. but I digress;I have a magical scale, here. As you can see, it shows Good, Evil, Law, and Order. At the moment, though, it shows no preference for Law or Order, but does lean to Good. Thus, there must be acts of Evil. I hope that you don't hold it against me.
    [CENTER]

Con is the opposite of Pro, SO
    Congress is the opposite of Progress

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Golodi sees the other gods acting, and nods and smiles, but is not entirely pleased. They have no drive, they do not adapt. They're gods invent for them. And thus his raised his hand, and a small number of every race was lifted and placed upon an island in the ocean, in some way or another. A gust of wind here, a sudden rip tide there... And he spoke to them. Here you shall adapt or perish. Fluorish or fail. And then, he sat back, to watch them work away.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: You mean law or chaos right? Pretty sure our Ratmen are pretty chaotic...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Addressing Inkoslavicarian, By all means do what you feel you must. The ledger had brought me to much the same conclusion. I've never been one for morality anyways. Laws and regulations are to be obeyed not questioned.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Star'ell

The Airlord looked upon the dragon impassively, his voice echoing. I am indeed, you seem to possess some such knowledge yourself. I will share some of my knowledge for yours.

Star'ell beheld the change that came upon his Primevals as they died, and he went to the creatures they spawned in their death, and gave them limited intelligence, but also loyalty to the Primevals, and he spoke. You who are born of my chosen people, will serve them, for though you are magnificent in your forms, and are thus worthy to be my followers, you should serve the greatest of my followers, the mighty and wise Primevals.
    Star'ell, I have the knowledge of great sorcery. My power extends above the heavens and penetrates the very heart of the universe..... You must learn incantation to begin manipulating the fabric of the multiverse to your everywhim. You as Sta'rell, will one day.... I don't know....

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

When Obi received the golem's message from bordum he looked at the golem, a tear tinkled on the corner of the hat's ribbon, he sniffed rather loudly and said:

You can tell your god that i don't like him either if he want to know and that i don't wanna see him either. He didn't have to send a message to tell me he doesn't want to see me any more. He should just avoid me like every other everyday immortal. A curse i give to his followers, a joke to be spread: When does a person decide to become an accountant?
    When he realizes he doesn't have the charisma to succeed as an undertaker.
    Oh and tell him i'll randomize things just a bit more just to piss him off!

With these words he made the golem vanish from his sight but only after he wrote in bright pink letters all over said golem "and you mispronounced my name !!!!" and sat there and brooded until a dragon passed in front of the tall mountain he was sitting on. He beckoned to it and curious as it was it came nearer. He did not declare himself to be a god but simply changed into his human form. It was a big red dragon, unknown to him, it was a ferocious and bad tempered one too...and yet Obi tried to pet it. The dragon dodged and dodged his attempts until Obi turned into his true form and tried again succeeding. The dragon infuriated by this attempt turned his head, his innards rumbling with the rising fire aimed at the back of Obi's hat/head. As soon as it was out of its gullet it grew orange and white hot as it streamed towards it's target. At that point, Obi's whole body shook as if he had just sneezed badly and screamed at the top of his voice "NYAAAAARRRRRRR"...it was a curious sound he knew and he didn't know why it happened from time to time...and then he smelled it...a flatulent gassy smell...he turned to the dragon, drew himself up to his full height and said:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST F**T IN MY FACE!!!! Surprising even himself at his ability to pronounce ** in the middle of a word...Immidiately enraged as he was he summoned up his powers and cast his Summon inappropriate moment!! The clouds above broke into two as a gigantic figure of a red dragon descended apparently from nowhere and said:

Is that how i've taught you to behave?? Go home and stay in your naughty mat until I tell you it's okay to get up!! AND YOU'RE GROUNDED, UNDERSTAND??

The mama dragon apologized for her son's behaviour but he was too STUPID (she shouted as the dragon was still within earshot) to recognise a god when he saw him, he said it was ok and invited her for some dinner in his palace. Which he didn't have but what was he a god for anyway...A lot happened that night...

Right in the middle of all the continents he raised a gigantic black pillar that reached up to the heavens and the clear skies. There he built a castle crossed with a temple, the waves crashed upon the base of the black pillar cresting it with white foam and the palace above shone with white pearl and marble, magnificent gardens sprung from nowhere. Within that garden he set up a table fit for a pantheon and there he ate with the female dragon. Sad from bordum's unwarranted rejection and hatred towards him he drank and drank until even his godly body did not know what it was it was doing....there was just one thing though he would know the next day...he would discover an ungodly hangover and a few months later the joy of fatherhood! He invited Filomina and her son butch to live with him in the castle...Butch, however, was a broken dragon. His fire was turned into flatulence, his mother scolded him in front of a stranger and sent him to his naughty mat and then that stranger turned out to be a god, he became his step father and made awkward attempts at reconciliation....which totally failed...then he turned his attention back to the orcs...

He sat in a throne room dressed in tapestries depicting his attempts at creating jokes composed of images...he got this far ( o Y o )....
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Kaesor

Kaesor pokes at one of the gas spores, pushing it across the cavern. He smiles, then looks over at his brother. "That's fun." Next, he watches as one of his ratgiants battle one of the fungus monsters for the sport of the ratmen. He smiles and cheers along with the rest. He yells in triumph when the ratgiant finally wins. He turns towards his brother. "See? Mine is better."

Kaesor decided that the ratmen needed to grow. But there weren't that many of them. And so he blessed the ratmen with increased fertility, the women often having over a dozen offspring per litter.
    Morstar

Morstar sneered.

"My creations weren't designed to fight in an arena, you nitwit. Camouflaged as harmless, inert giant fungi, they will strike at hapless victims when they less expect it!"

Morstar wandered the tunnels of the Underdark and filled them with various ores. He gave hints of their location to the ratmen in hope that they would discover how to work metal on their own.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

hello? thought aleya, thinking it out to every god on the planet. who are you? what am I? where am I?

(she's still technically a "baby" goddess, she doesn't know how to speak yet.)
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Aha, a young one. There is much here. I think I'll give her a base from which to start... and so, Golodi moved some of his attension away from his pet islands, and set about creating an education for the new godess.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Morstar

Morstar received the telepathic message from the goddess. Then he found out she came from a far away ocean.

I'll get my fur wet if I go there. Anyway, what could a goddess of the ocean provide my ratmen?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-24 at 06:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

umm, hi, who/what are you? she asked timidly. i'm...i'm...Aleya. she decided on a name.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Morstar

Morstar didn't know if the goddess called out to him again or some other god, so he answered:

"I'm Morstar, the Sly God, the Overseer. I live in the tunnels with my stupid brother Kaesor. Just remember not to mess with the ratmen! They are the greatest species ever created."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

And I am Golodi. I am the god of discovery and inovation. And in that capacity, I shall begin your education. And so Golodi imparted upon her the ways of making miricles and godly acts, of avatarizing into the material world, and of the communication and customs of the gods, such that they existed. And he was pleased with a new discovery. Intresting. While nessesity does indeed breed greatness, it does so best when founded upon sound basic knowledge. Discovery is a pyramid, ever building higher. Thus was born the profession of education, and older and wiser beings throughout the world had this epiphany imparted upon them, that their wisdom might live on.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Aleya learned it all. "amazing," she said. then she remembered something. "i need to check up on something. she flew down to the oceans. she saw few alynims. i wonder where they are, she yhought.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

as aleya looked for the alynims she saw one which floated upside-down, a red fluid in the water around it. then she saw a raven-like humanoid creeping towards it while holding a scythe. the raven-thing swung the scythe as the aynim went limp, then advanced on another leaking alynim.
    [CENTER]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

"hey! stop that!" she said. "who are you, and what are you doing?"

(I was planning for them to have cities, and that's why they were missing.)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Star'ell

Star'ell replies, with an arrogant tone. The only thing beyond the Heavens is nothingness. I speak not of the air of this world, but of that which is over everything. I hold great knowledge of ALL things, I am the bringer of knowledge, you hold much knowledge of the arcane, I hold much knowledge of everything.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Upon hearing the report of the Order's messenger Bordum was distraught.
    Oh, dear it seems that I have misunderstood, the god of misunderstanding.

He immediately takes up a stylus and begins writing a memorandum.

To:Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus
    Regarding: Misunderstanding

I'm sorry I could not deliver this in person, but I have been tied up with my work. It was not my intention to offend. I merely wished to converse with you. I misunderstood your nature for one of contrariness, but I see now that a heart of gold beats in your chest.

The Raven Lord and I have entered into a fraternity of sorts and we would like you to join us. The details of which I am hesitant to convey in this message. I would very much like to arrange a face to face meeting.

Upon completing the message he orders copies to be made and distributed throughout the Order of the Sausage. Do not come back until he has read this message. He dismisses the Order, and they begin their second attempt to convey his message.
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2008-10-25 at 04:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Star'ell

Star'ell replies, with an arrogant tone. The only thing beyond the Heavens is nothingness. I speak not of the air of this world, but of that which is over everything. I hold great knowledge of ALL things, I am the bringer of knowledge, you hold much knowledge of the arcane, I hold much knowledge of everything.
    "With that arrogant tone you will never learn anything, Sta'Rell." With that Saradinus leaves. Saradinus then creates the dragon race..... He nurtures them under his wings and breathes life and health into their bodies.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wonder what it would take to make a rat-dragon? Hmmm

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

The raven-creature started and rumaged in its feathers, then pulled out a slate and chalk. It wrote on it slowly and laborously, then pointed to it with a caw.
    I SERVE THE RAVEN LORD. I AM COLLECTING THE SOULS OF THESE DYING BEINGS. IF YOU ARE THEIR GOD, THEN YOU MAY HAVE THEIR SOULS.
    the creature then held out the soul of the first alynim, a greyish sphere of a strange, opaque stone.
    Last edited by Anonymous Man; 2008-10-25 at 04:41 PM.
    [CENTER]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Aleya took the soul, and when it touched her hands, it became a pool of healing water. aleya dived under water, and saw something strange. there were groups of alynims banding together, and they were making things. she gave the pool of healing water to this first tribe, and made it so that whenever an alynim died, its soul got added to the pool of souls in the center of their tribe/city.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Upon receiving Aleya's first message he answered her:

Hi there, who are you? I'm Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus umm...just call me obi...I'm pretty sure i'm a god and that you're a god too...welcome to the family i guess...If you want you're invited to my palace for a welcome dinner...I recently discovered alcohol it's fun...oh and i'm not sure what my powers are, i think they're ran away...maybe you can help me...anyway, dinner at the pig palace on the black pillar extending over the middle ocean...can't miss it..near your place too...

When he had thought the message to the young goddess he turned to his mate, Filomina and announced they might have a guest for dinner...and that she should go hunting for some nice food and to exercise a bit...he would be in the throne room trying to figure out the written jokes and the nature of randomization...

After several hours of pondering he arrived at a very interesting conclusion...if he couldn't do it...then probably he wasn't the god of it...though he felt a connection to randomness, to accidents and....LUCK...that was it he thought the hat inconspicuously smiling in a very strange way...

Thus he set to work and work he did for a long long time...and from his labors was born a new goddess, although young and of little power, he felt her impact to be great. He called her the lady and she appeared at a number of random forms. Depending on who was looking she appeared differently. When she asked her name and purpose he said:

You young goddess are to be free and that which frees. You shall be the chance in all things to fail and succeed no matter how failsafe or impossible. You shall give birth to geniuses and failures...Go now and make the world more interesting! Go and change things in ways no one can foresee!

He smiled as Lady shyly took up the task and set out. Some lives would end sooner, ideas would be born out of nowhere and opportunities created. Geniuses would be born amongst all races whereas others may be born impaired. Only gods he knew would be unaffected but he also knew, that gods could not reverse every single accident good or bad... He sat there and was at peace for a while.

However, as ever misunderstood, Lady took this task upon herself but Obi's words she misunderstood at parts. She would from now on listen to none of the god's including her father and creator himself and would strive to free the races from their shackles be they physical or not. Soon she would discover her first domain to be luck and and the second immortality...the future was unsure as the random element of the Lady had now entered the game.

OOC: Can the order of the sausage find me in the palace? I don't wanna say they can or can't, not my minions...it's in the middle of the ocean on a pillar extending several kilometres over the sea...
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Aleya received Obi's message and went to find his palace. It was tall and magnifecint. she went up to his door and knocked. "hello?" she called.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaesor

Kaesor was pleased with his people's progress. They were reproducing rapidly, expanding into new caverns as they needed them. Eventually clans began forming, based on which cavern the rats lived in. Worried that his people would become soft and complacent, Kaesor decreed that only the strongest would rule, and that every ruler was subject to challenge at any time.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Yes Obi, they can. Golems can just swim the ocean, cause they don't get tired.

Carefully tunneling under Obi's tower, Inkoslavicarian carved out a cavern under the central chamber. he then waited, for the slightest extra pressure could tumble the tower into the cavern. he also sent a cryptic message to Obi, and Obi alone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you won't hold this against me.
    [CENTER]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Morstar

Morstar saw what his brother was doing. He also thought the strong should rule. But the strong meant the ruthless and the more apt to survive. Physical strength wasn't enough. And so the Sly God came to his people and organized the clergy. The priests are among the most educated, intelligent and cunning of the ratmen. They are also trained as assassins, so they can hold their own against the warrior caste. From now on, the people would be ruled a chieftain and a high priest.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Arthropos

(Name: Arthropos
    Domains: Invertebrates, Reptiles
    Appearence: Arthropos, from a distance, appears as a humanoid with dark skin/clothes. As you approach, you realise that Anthropos is in fact a human-sized and shaped pile of invertebrates.
    Alignment: True Neutral with Chaotic tendencies
    Agenda: Arthropos cares only about reptiles and insects, spiders, etc. He only values worshippers because they grant him more power to look after them.
    Symbol: A two-tailed scorpion.
    Notes: He, and by extension his worshippers, do not view poison as dishonourable as it is often used by many creatures in his domains.

Arthropos rose from a desert, miles from any settlement, crawling up from the sand. Nearby, there was an oasis, a island of life in this desolate landscape. There he found some scorpions, living in burrows, and (Arthropos isn't quite male or female, as he is a humanoid pile of insects, so this is gender-neutral) he altered their form so that they had a humanoid torso mounted on the scorpion body. They retained a scorpion-esque claw on one hand (it varies, thanks to Obi), and a fingered hand on the other. They also grew to be quite large, but retained an exoskeleton (no bones). He boosted their intelligence and taught them language, then flew off (he can fly, simply by turning into a mass of beetles - forgot to mention he can change what type of invertebrates make up his form) to see other gods, sending a telepathic signal to them.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2008-10-30 at 11:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Morstar

Morstar heard the telepathic message of Arthropos. He had no idea what this new god wanted from him. So he waited.