New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Mighty Creatures IC Thread

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=1#post5062397

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...50#post5064250

The gods were put into existence through a mighty battle between two great enemies. The enemies destroyed much, but through the destruction, they slew eachother and rose to become spirits.

The magical energy thrown about has formed all of the new gods.. and they are now on a dimensional vortex known as the Hallowed Grounds. Celestial beings are serving all of the gods in this single plane. It has been precisely ten years since the gods had been made.

Not much has happened, but the gods have now developed their own senses, and it appears as if they have somehow grown more powerful. They desire their own desires as never before. It is time for the First Era to truly begin.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-07 at 05:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mighty Creatures IC Thread

Luni awoke from his slumber abruptly and whooshed about the celestial plane, laughing manically from time to time. He noticed other Gods awaking and whooshed between them, laughing at each one.

'It's time *hehe*! For us to meddle in a new plane of existance *haha*! With simple and amazing creatures that we can control, fun will be had by all! *Tehe, ahah*'
    I drew this line myself

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Churnel

She opened her eyes. For the first time taking in the darkness around her. To look upon her shape and form.

She watched as the being called Luni floated around. It moved. She wanted to do so as well. Her first thought was that arms and legs were necessary to move about, but felt sadness when she noticed she had no limbs. She wanted to exert her will, to move, to affect. And with this thought came a large boom. Her will had become manifest in a flash of light; and it moved her. She had no hands to touch, but through her will she could "feel" her surroundings. The lightning was soon coursing through her very essence as it arced from one hair to another over her body.

She then took notice of the sounds around her: the booming of her will, Luni's words. She too wanted to fill the void with her thoughts.

My name is Churnel. And this is my voice.

Spoiler
    Show

She is in her caterpillar form.
    Last edited by Feirgon; 2008-10-07 at 02:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

A egg, pulsing since years, is now cracking. From it, a thick mist comes out, quickly followed by the hybrid form of Bialikk. The Bird God schriek as he finally awakes from his slumber. Lot's of things come through his bubbling mind, thousand of emotions as he notice his surrounding and understand his own self. But the strongest of these emotion is irritation, as a mad creature come cackeling around him.

"-Silent, you clown !! I... Who am... No, wait, I know that. Where am I and WHO ARE YOU ?!!!"ask Bialikk to Luni as the insane god continue to jump around.

Waiting for answers, the young Bird God spread away the remnants of his egg's shell.
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-07 at 02:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

The Crime Lord became aware of his being, and he stood, wiping dust off of his finely tailored pinstripe suit. He looked through his thin prudent eyes as his teeth clamped down on a lit cigar. He reached up and adjusted his hat, and then did the same to his immaculate tie. He spoke in an odd mix of a cliched Mobster boss, a somewhat oriental accent, and a New England accent, though none of these things occurred to him not knowing what they meant. Look, you should calm down before you hurt yourself buddy.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk to Jackie
    Still confused but now fully awaken, Bialikk turned his hawk-like head toward the creature who spoke to him. He really didn't like to be told what he should do, must do or had to do... no, he really didn't like.
    Eyes half-closed, he stared at Jackie.

"I am no-buddy. I am Bialikk or so do I want to be named.
    And who are you, smoke-boy ?"

As the great bird spoke, a small whirlwind rise around him, dissipating the cigar's smoke.

((OOC : image of Bialikk. Just forget the staff, not his style...))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-07 at 03:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

The tall Asiatic man smiles, his lips are thin like his eyes, he breathes smoke in the bird-creatures face before taking the cigar out and tapping it lightly as he speaks. For one Mister No-body his smile broadens I was talkin' to our hyper friend over here he gestures with the cigar toward the madly dancing god As for my moniker, you can call me Jackie.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-07 at 03:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Mort

The two great entities destroyed eachother, and while they faded into the abyss, becoming mere spirits of their former selves, a question arose. First, it was nothing but a small footnote. Slowly it began growing, taking form, and infused with the magic released by the titans, gained sentience.

As others around it grew, this entity used all of its energy not to grow in power, but to answer the mystery out of which it was formed. It thought, pondered and racked its brain over the question that created it.
    Until one day, when it witnessed similar beings taking form, stumbled upon the answer. He -and it knew it was a he- was no longer the question that had arisen ten years ago:
    He was the answer.

Oh.
    it stated in a dry voice, as if noticing something commonplace.
    I see.

And with a small rustle, Mort took shape. A tall man with black hair and a long white robe looked around with a slight smile on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd love to type more, but I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'll post more tomorrow.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk

Bialikk was surprised. It actually tickled his throat and...
    "-Cough...cough... Hum... I might have misunderstood. My apologies... Ja-ckie"

He pronounced the name as if the syllables were strange for him. Then he backed away slowly before gesturing around, his hand and wings encompassing the surroundings.
    "-…and as for my second question to the mad one? Do you have any answer? And you ?"

He turned to face the gigantic slug, the tall man who was smilling and the other beings.
    "-Does anyone know where we stand ?"
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-07 at 04:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

PirateCaptain

Luni

Luni stopped whooshing around and looked the the bird man. He grinned and whooshed up to him, dancing round him in a mad glee.

*Aha, oh hehe* 'I am Luni!' Luni throws confetty from a pocket and bows several times to an invisible audience. 'And I am the God of all things mentally insane!' *Hehe* 'We are on the celestial plane birdy, a place where Gods reside, like you and me. We can't do a great deal here, but I heard there's a new plane of existance coming into being called the Mortal Plane with lots of squishy things and small brains. Oh the fun we could have that!' *Haha, tehe*
    I drew this line myself

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nomothete

Ah, so it has come to this. Not perfect tools, but then again, what are?

Shambling forward comes a great mass of engraved stone - like a landslide caught in a single frame of a camera - but there is some reason to it. A delicate order to it, that, if you look too close, you ...

A sudden (but then again, you somehow knew that it was coming ...) movement breaks the spell - the figure, kneels, then inscribes a line into the darkness that bisects the assembled powers into two groups - Luni, Bialikk, and himself on one side, Mort, Jackie, and Churnel on the other. He then stands, pleased with the effort.
    constantly the worst - voted 4th most valuable arts & entertainment brand in Crying Girl magazine - banned from everything - never a good post m,- sucks

12. - Top - End - #12

BardGuy

Cale

"Huh," said Cale, as he suddenly truely came into existance. He looked around, and saw an odd assotment of gods around him, making him wonder just what they should do, all being gods and all. In his utter lack of excitement, and idea struck his head. He would make a symbol, a way for all to know him.

And from this idea, he reached out, and found the mortal realm, a place outside the Hallowed grounds. And in this world, he declared himself the first, and to honor himself for this feat, he crafted a great globe of fire, and named it the sun.
    Last edited by Baxter190; 2008-10-07 at 05:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Decidedly ignoring the insane god and still smiling at the bird god, he watched the shambling but ordered stones of the new god draw the line, and Jackie took the cigar from his mouth and tapped it over the line, ash from the cigar, which seemed to have an infinite store of smoke and ash but never got shorter, until there was a small pile that spilled over unevenly on both sides, he then tapped the ash into a line on his side that went nowhere and spoke before returning to the cigar to my mouth. And who, are you? And what's the line for, if you don't mind my askin'

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bialikk
    "-Birdy?”
    With a hoarse hiss, Bialikk did his best to NOT slam the laughing god to the ground. Wind began to blow a bit harder as the temper of the Bird-God rose.

Could he really pay credit to what this fool was saying? After the "insult", he decided that the answer was "no". He sighed, ignoring Luni and sending his confetti’s fly high above with the wind.
    "-Does anyone ELSE know where we are?”

But Bialikk already knew the answer and the maniac laugh of Luni made him sighed one more time. The ground began to shake as an other being made himslef known.
    "-The fools always speak truth, right?”
    Last edited by Johel; 2008-10-07 at 05:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

A small bit of the two gods' essences twirled around each other. Eventually they combined, forming an egg. The egg quickly hatched, and a small creature of some kind poked its head out. It cried out weakly, and a score of the celestial beings appeared to take care of it.

Ten years later...

Zanwar watched as the other gods came to their senses and began conversing. He stands up and stretches before walking over to the others. He looks down at them for a moment before laying down. He speaks in a sibilant whisper that sounds like a strong wind. "We are in the celestial realms. And what that fool ssayss is true: There is another plane available for uss to sseek our dreamss and desiress on. I, for one, plan to use thiss opportunity."

Spoiler
    Show

Zanwar appears as an gold dragon great wyrm at the moment.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-07 at 05:28 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Zanwar

A small bit of the two gods' essences twirled around each other. Eventually they combined, forming an egg. The egg quickly hatched, and a small creature of some kind poked its head out. It cried out weakly, and a score of the celestial beings appeared to take care of it.

Ten years later...

Zanwar watched as the other gods came to their senses and began conversing. He stands up and stretches before walking over to the others. He looks down at them for a moment before laying down. He speaks in a sibilant whisper that sounds like a strong wind. "We are in the celestial realms. And what that fool ssayss is true: There is another plane available for uss to sseek our dreamss and desiress on. I, for one, plan to use thiss opportunity."

Spoiler
    Show

Zanwar appears as an gold dragon great wyrm at the moment.
    The gods are aware of a planet full of raging life. Energy pulsates from it more than the others. Chro Magnon, and Neanderthals fill the planet, and they have just developed full sapience. Both are fully human, and there appears to be a third sapient species, apemen. They are totaly confused and ripe for teaching or corruption. Lizard folk have also developed at the same time on another continent.

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateCaptain

Luni

Luni gasps, then proceeds to roll around laughing. 'Look at these puny creatures. *Ha* So small, so insignificent, so stupid!' A huge grin spreads across Luni's face. 'I know! Let's have some fun and mess with their minds!'

Luni extended his influence to one particular Neanderthal who had just been hit on the head by another with a stone, causing quite a wound. The Neanderthal was now back in his cave, holding his head when Luni whispered mad words to him. Luni had chosen this man to speak for him and sent him to his tribe to tell them of the 'all-mighty' one.
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Jackie looked upon the many races and decided he liked the Apemen best. He transported himself to their lands, in the guise of one of their kind, albeit with his own somewhat distinct Asiatic features. He sought to learn from the apes and see how far along they were, what they could do.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar watches Jackie curiously. He smiles as he realizes what he's doing. He quickly does the same with the lizardmen, being the beings that resemble him most. He takes the form of a tall lizardman that is darker colored than normal (assuming they're green). He watches them for a time to see what, if any, useful skills and language they have so far developed.

20. - Top - End - #20

BardGuy

Cale

Lookign down at the creatues, that he had just given the sun too, he sees the other gods apearing before the mortals. Not wanting to be left out, he appears before a cro magnum group as one of them, but made of light and fire, and floating off the ground. As he stands before them, he speaks in their crude tongue, and says, "Behold, for I am Cale, the creator of the sun, master of the season of fire and heat, the Fire God! Bow before me, and I shall bless you as my greatest worshippers! I shall help rule over others, and give you control over fire istself!" And with that, said, he makes a ball of fire in his hands, and shows it before them, carefully making sure that they don't get burned or harmed in anyway.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Cale

Lookign down at the creatues, that he had just given the sun too, he sees the other gods apearing before the mortals. Not wanting to be left out, he appears before a cro magnum group as one of them, but made of light and fire, and floating off the ground. As he stands before them, he speaks in their crude tongue, and says, "Behold, for I am Cale, the creator of the sun, master of the season of fire and heat, the Fire God! Bow before me, and I shall bless you as my greatest worshippers! I shall help rule over others, and give you control over fire istself!" And with that, said, he makes a ball of fire in his hands, and shows it before them, carefully making sure that they don't get burned or harmed in anyway.
    The cave dwellers were in awe... Speaking in the god's tongues... "What are you, a god? What is worship? What is a god?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Jackie began to teach the ape-people how to make and use various tools, like different kinds of weaponry for hunting, how to build shelters, how to make containers and more.

23. - Top - End - #23

BardGuy

Cale

"Gods are being of unimaginable power. I rule the sun, and fire," said Cale, pointing to the sun and the ball of fire as he spoke. he explained to them, "I am a god. And to worship is to honor me. To place me above all others, and to do as I say. If you do, and pray to me, I shall grant what you ask of me, as long as you deserve it. He then goes on to show them what praying is, and how to do it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter190 View Post
    Cale

"Gods are being of unimaginable power. I rule the sun, and fire," said Cale, pointing to the sun and the ball of fire as he spoke. he explained to them, "I am a god. And to worship is to honor me. To place me above all others, and to do as I say. If you do, and pray to me, I shall grant what you ask of me, as long as you deserve it. He then goes on to show them what praying is, and how to do it.
    (Gradually, taking over a race is a minor act. Claiming a race is a major act.)

They respond well. "So you are our father?" They ask.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Zanwar

Zanwar begins showing his people how to make tools and shelters. He teaches them to fish the several ponds and streams they live near (assuming they live in a more tropical environment).

Spoiler
    Show

Hate to sound like a copy cat, but what else can you do with a primitive race?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Zanwar

Zanwar begins showing his people how to make tools and shelters. He teaches them to fish the several ponds and streams they live near (assuming they live in a more tropical environment).

Spoiler
    Show

Hate to sound like a copy cat, but what else can you do with a primitive race?
    (You can create specialists. Even "have families" with them and have demigods running around.)

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateCaptain

Luni

Luni had instructed his 'speaker' to speak to his tribe in whatever crude form it may be that his people should express how they feel and what they think all the time and not be ashamed if it is bad or good. Luni also, using his Godly powers, created spectral images of his 'speakers' tribesmen to taunt them and drive them mad. For madness of the mind made Luni happy (and gave him power?)
    I drew this line myself

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    Luni

Luni had instructed his 'speaker' to speak to his tribe in whatever crude form it may be that his people should express how they feel and what they think all the time and not be ashamed if it is bad or good. Luni also, using his Godly powers, created spectral images of his 'speakers' tribesmen to taunt them and drive them mad. For madness of the mind made Luni happy (and gave him power?)
    (Try to get a tribe first. I might have skipped over your first encounter by accident.)

Jukat Tribe and Zanwar.

Zanwar had managed to convince Jukat to be a servant. The tribe had a large number of Behemoth wyverns, and the Lizardment eventually learned how to be clerics. However, they were still at war with the Sharp Tooth clan. A clan from the swamp lands. A very larger tribe with more powerful shamans and witch doctors.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-07 at 09:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Jackie

Jackie began to teach the apes how to tame local wildlife, and he slowly showed them more of his power, teaching them how to honor him with priests and offerings, and in return they were granted divine spells. Jackie led his tribe against smaller surrounding tribes, defeating them and incorporating them into their own tribe. He also attempted to contact other intelligent creatures in the area besides Apemen.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-07 at 09:18 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Jackie

Jackie began to teach the apes how to tame local wildlife, and he slowly showed them more of his power, teaching them how to honor him with priests and offerings, and in return they were granted divine spells. Jackie led his tribe against smaller surrounding tribes, defeating them and incorporating them into their own tribe. He also attempted to contact other intelligent creatures in the area besides Apemen.
    Eventually, the land around Jackie's became desolate.