New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Gargax/Sesketh

The God, who had decided to call himself Abheeru Screeched at Baldier, inflamed with passionate hatred for his ignorance It is said what you say of others is how you think yourself. It is true, I felt myself a pawn, a tool I felt I was naive, and so too I think of you. But where I sought change and betterment of myself, to seek knowledge and truth, you shutter yourself from the truth. You command a bastion of ignorance, with walls of naivete, and towers of blindness! You are a fool! I have learned of many things, I have searched for many things, I have sought power and knowledge and my eyes have turned to all fonts to find it! I found a source, I found knowledge, hidden by ignorants like you, and I learned to look to the Stars!

And with that, the horrible octopus/squid thing, pulled itself back into the portal, and it vanished.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hammon

"I am sorry to disappoint you Cyrus. I am no Force of Neutrality. I am merely warden of the Castle. Wait, I'll explain everything..."

The dwarf read from the tablet:

"At the beginning, there was nothing. Then a single conscience awoke. It was IT that created the multiverse. We call IT the Infinite Mind and the Geist. The Mind gave birth to two absolutely new ideas, two absolutes. Those Ideas took shape and became the Light and the Dark Adversaries. All of existence was then organized to fit their needs. The demons and other fiends were created to serve the Dark, while the children of the heavens followed the Light. The first planets formed at that time inside the Crystal Spheres and eventually developed their own consciousness. The Lords of the Elements nurtured the new Worlds and their inhabitants until the Primal Spirits manifested on their surface."

Hammon turned towards the God of Craft.

"The Adversaries are in to win. The multiverse is their game board. Once one of them enforces his views, leaving no opposition, the game is won. What is the prize, you say? The Zeitgeist. The winner will decide the fate of the universe. He will reign supreme as everything in the multiverse fits his plan.

The Infinite Mind has made out the rules at the dawn of time. Sorry to put it so bluntly. Now, you understand why there exist no balancing force."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-29 at 06:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looks at Hammon in shock. "But...Then who are you? What is this Castle? What role does it play in this cosmic game? And what exactly are the rules? Surely you did not come all this way just to tell me this?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hammon

"The two Adversaries are in this castle. It's a sanctuary. No actual fighting is allowed. You'd find war rooms and the like. Me? I keep the Castle clean and in order, as well as doing administrative work. I also study the many creatures of the multiverse as a hobby. It's really fascinating.

See, I understand what you feel. I loved my people when I was still a god. I know you want things to work out for them. However, if there is no struggle, there is no challenge, there is only stagnation and death. The conflict is everything. Take your people. Life hasn't always been easy for them. They experienced times of troubles. However, each time, they came out of it stronger. Wiser."

The dwarf smiled.

"What you are doing is not futile. Your work is as important to this world as is Saradinus' or Alrinach's. The future is not set in stone...for anyone. It can hold suprises."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus takes a deep breath before he nods. "I know. I just wish all the others would realize their efforts were futile. Oh well. All I can do is do what I think is best, right? And deal with any complications that may arise as they arise. Tell me something: does it get easier to stay neutral as time passes? Both sides hating and mistrusting you?"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hammon

"Well...it isn't easier for your people. Don't forget that. Now I must take my leave. Make sure all the other gods and ex-deities know about the cosmology... what I've read from the Tablet. Thank you and farewell."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus calls out to Hammon as he turns to go. "But what doesn't kill them makes them stronger, right? Thank you Hammon. I hope we can talk again someday. Fare thee well."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The tear and the Castle vanished from the sky almost immediately.

Meanwhile, the Pantheon of Ryceak gathered on the Tainted Coast seeking Ikassi.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-29 at 07:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

After the castle left, Cyrus sent out a message to everyone about what he'd discovered about the nature of the cosmos. Afterwards, he went and met with the Ryceans. He nods to each of them in turn, then to Ikassi. "Now that we are all here, shall we get started? What do we do first Pannan?"
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-29 at 07:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Abheeru

Abheeru retreated into his domain. It was not Gargax's domain, or Seskeths, it was his own. It was dark and shadowed, a realm of death, and life. There was carrion everywhere, some of it rose and shambled around, or acted in entirely different ways, and some of it was already wandering around. Others were dead, and stayed dead. And that was good, for the insects, rats, crows, spiders, and myriad other vermin that were omnipresent in this realm fed on them, and occasionally the less intelligent undead that shambled aimlessly. The air was poison, but it seemed not to affect the residents, and there was corruption as far as the eye could see. Despite the seeming randomness there was some order, some rhythm to the actions too. There were whispers from the shadows and the darkness, voices that seemed to come from nothing at all, not even the ghosts, wraiths, and shadows which drifted through his realm. There were massive tentacles, erupting from the ground, looking like reverse trees, the roots high in the air, and the foliage deep in the earth. They wriggled and writhed about all over the land, and some produced yet more vermin.

What was most striking however, was that it had a night sky. And not just any night sky, but a night sky from the perspective of a world far from the New World, or the Old World. Indeed, Abheeru, or rather, Gargax, had pinpointed their locations on his starmaps. This world was dead, it had been destroyed long before Gargax found it, and nothing seemed to dwell here, though both Abheeru and Gargax knew that was untrue. Abheeru looked into the sky through an odd contraption he had belt, that bent deep into the noxious skies, with a glass lens at one end. He peered into it and stared into the void. He opened his senses, to the thrum of the cosmos, to the world around him, to the beings, ALL the beings on this world, and in the blackness of the void... and he extended his mind and thought, out loud know something would hear him: Hear me beings of the deepness of the void, for I am Abheeru. I seek to meet with others of your kind, as I have briefly in the past, and learn more like I learned from them. I have changed, as is my nature, and I would seek to embrace the knowledge if Those From Afar, where others turn deaf ears and blind eyes. I am a seeker of Truth, in a universe full of those who fear it.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Cyrus, Ikassi, and the Ryceans

A wind blew up around the feet of the assembed gods. It smelled of smoke and heat, and Alrinach spoke to Cyrus, safely ensconced in his own realm.

"Am I to take this, Cyrus, as a rejection?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-29 at 07:35 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Ryceans roared.

"BE GONE, CREATURE OF DARKNESS!"

And Alrinach was unable to scry the meeting or teleport there.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-29 at 07:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus sends a reply back to Alrinach. "I have decided to remain neutral, as I said I would. My people will remain where they are, living as they always have. We have no interest in your war. I am sorry if you see that as a rejection my friend, but that is what I feel is right. As for this meeting here, the Ryceans asked me to help them cleanse the Tainted Coast, nothing more. This has nothing to do with your war. I hope you can see that. Good luck in your coming war my friend."

14. - Top - End - #404

Alrinach

Alrinach reeled as his head jerked back and he was pushed from the meeting. It hadn't done any actual injury to him, but it was jarring. Standing, he projected his voice across the plane; it made no difference who heard him, but his comment was meant for Cyrus, for even if he couldn't speak directly, the craft god would still hear. His voice was bitter.

"I hope you don't expect to be making a pact of neutrality, there, Cyrus. You just saw how 'neutral' you co-conspirators are!"

He calmed down after a moment, and nodded at the god's explanation.

"Very well."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-29 at 07:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405

Ikassi shook her head free form the soil.

I am sure you are smarter than that Alrinach. It is not always a matter of "sides", even though it may seem so. Now, begone, before I begin to feel less cordial.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Pannan looked at Ikassi and Cyrus.

"Great. We can begin. Ikassi will do the manual work, since this is HER planet, after all. The bones will have to be handled really carefully, dug out and eventually cast out in the Void. Meanwhile, we will all join hands and chant. Not you, Cyrus. YOU will have to imagine a whole new ecosystem. You must be able to see life and potential where there is only decay. Then, you'll hit the ground with your hammer and send energy waves to the far reaches of the Plagued Lands while Ikassi creates a vast network of tunnels undergound, filling it with pure Life Water."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-29 at 08:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus nods as he listens carefully. At the end he nods once more. "Sounds easy enough. Ikassi?"

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Pannan archs an eyebrow.

"It sounds easy because we are still doing most of the job."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus bows to the pantheon in general. "Of course. I meant only that I was worried it would be much more dangerous or involved."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Abheeru

Abheeru waited to hear a response, the dead world churning around him and then... "pyglyzx" What was that? He dismissed it, and went back to listening, and a time later, it came again "Zykla" There it is again... or is it? He looked around, the world churned around him... perhaps it was merely the carrion, or the insects... and then it came once more... "Rylcka?"

The sound, it seemed to be coming from his own mind... but they were not his thoughts... perhaps it was one of the others, Gargax or Sesketh, trying to fool him. No, that made no sense. He would hear them, they would be comprehensible... then he listened harder, and the words became clearer but still quiet, like a nagging doubt at the back of his mind, fleeting and illusory. listen... watch... time... Hear us!

Abheeru listened to the ethereal voices, trying to make sense of their cryptic messages. He could understand some of it, and other was nothing but gibberish... and it all seemed to echo in his mind, though he could not find its source. Perhaps he was missing part of the message... perhaps his understanding was incomplete? Abheeru cast his mind out into the black void and listened again, hoping to catch the voices in his mind, to understand their purpose...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-29 at 08:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411

Alrinach

Alrinach listened to Gargax- No, to Abheeru's declaration, and cast his own voice out to the new God.

"Before you become distracted, could you send the Silver Prince to my realm? Abdalon has languished within him for quite long enough, I think."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-29 at 08:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Abheeru

The new god snapped at Alrinach, then softened his tone. I'm BUSY!... I'm... sorry, but I'm trying to concentrate... the voices are so faint, it is hard to hear what they say! So hard to interpret... I shall send Ocogoiks to you. Though I do not think you understand the nature of the creature that follows him. He dwells in a place... that's... off... but I shall do my best...

And so he sends Ocogoiks, with the voice of Gargax, to Alrinachs throne, and returns to his vigil, listening with his mind and soul for the voices, so hard to hear... so quiet... so distant... coming

23. - Top - End - #413

Alrinach

Alrinach's eyes flashed with impatience, but he said nothing. The last god to go wandering in the Void had been Abraxys... and that hadn't gone well.

He looked at the Silver Prince with mild distain, still remembering how the creature had treated him in Gargax's absence.

"Well, then. We'll see how this goes."

Pointing at Ocogoiks, two lights flared into visibility within the silvery form. One was a solid grey light, its own soul, and the other was a plusing line of fire wrapped around it, the contagon that was Abdalon. Alrinach regarded the intertwined souls with cool amulement.

"Do you know, after you consumed Abdalon I used my power to bind you two together, so that nothing short of your death would allow wither of you to ever be free from each other? You ought to feel lucky that I can undo what I once did, for I did it quite well."

Focusing, dark energy crackled through the air and in an instant Alrinach heald Abdalon's soul in his opal hand. The light within Ocogoiks was a pure grey, unsullied.

"Now away, little prince."

With an idle flick of his fingers, he banished Ocogoiks back to Abheeru. Turning back towards his throne, he casually flung Abdalon's soul onto the ground, where flesh sprung up and knitted itself back together. Alrinach seated itself and looked at the reconstituted creature with cool indifference.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourself?"
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-29 at 08:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Ikassi

Simple enough. How easy it is has yet to be seen.

Ikassi dug into the cursed soil once again. she carefully moved the soil on top to underneath the skeleton. As the ground seemingly sunk on the border of the work area, more was pushed in from the center to compensate. Slowly, the entire skeleton was lifted, untouched. When it was completely unearthed, Ikassi hardened some foundations so that when water did flow through the ground, the whole thing would not colapse.

Now, let's see if we can get this thing into the void. Up you go!

A large circular earth platform lifted up, carrying the skeleton with it. She did this slowly so as not to risk shifting its position in the slightest. The winds she diverted around it and carefully dried the air she passed through.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abadalon smiled, revealing his razor sharp teeth.

"I am hungry."

26. - Top - End - #416

Alrinach sighed and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that a threat? I can't tell. Really, if it IS a threat, people need to stop trying to kill me in my sanctum."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-29 at 08:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Abheeru

Ocogoiks reached the realm of his father, and proceeded to rule in his absence once more, knowing that Gargax would return in time, as he always had.

In the black void Abheeru listened to the whispers from the void, his mind straining to catch every detail. Live... test... minds... young...

No matter how much he listened, he could not make sense of it... not yet at least... he understood more every moment, as his mind strained to hear the quiet incecent voices that tickled his mind, he listened harder and closer to the blackness. He would understand, his mind opened to the possibilities... what could they be saying? hidden...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-29 at 08:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus closed his eyes as he gripped his hammer. He concentrated on imaging the coast as it should be. It helped for him to picture the coast where his people lived. He smiled slightly as he imagined the animals that would live there, both above and below the ground. The birds and the bugs, the trees and the grasses. All of it. He even thought of the metals and minerals in the earth, and how they would nurture all of it.

Finally, once he had it all pictured clearly in his mind, he swung his hammer over his head and brought it down, striking the earth with all his power. Shockwaves of energy rippled across the land like waves, reaching every corner of the Tainted Coast. Over and over they rippled, until finally dying out.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-10-29 at 09:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach sighed and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that a threat? I can't tell. Really, if it IS a threat, people need to stop trying to kill me in my sanctum."
    Abadalon twisted his head and neck in an impossible angle.

"A threat? You are paranoid, my friend. It is simply a fact. I am not interested in your blood."

---------------------------

When the Ryceans finished the ceremony, the skeleton of the dead god glowed with a golden light. The raw energy of the spell formed a sort of cage around the bones. Pannan shouted to Ikassi:

"Now is the time! We have isolated the bones! The ties with the Coast have been severed. Launch that into space so we can finally be free of its evil influence!"

30. - Top - End - #420

Ikassi

The great spirit pushed herself under the cage. Rippling under it, she snapped her body like a whip, careful not to send the skeleton towards any nearby stars or other stellar bodies.

After she did so, she flew back to the Rycean Pantheon.

I thank you deepy for your assistance in removing the taint, Pannan. I thank your fellow gods as well.