New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    I was talking about destroying some of the protoss...which you justified.

and they're very through, everything in an area is completely subsumed, so you'd have to wipe them out.

they're in complete survival mode.
    (Ikassi is the Voice of the Planet. She is doing what she must to defend it.)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

There was a silence, and then noise, and Alomarra ceased to exist in a flash of destruction.

The flesh went first: people walking in the streets were taken apart as surely as if they had been hit by razors, flashing out of existence faster than the eye could detect. Next went the gorgeous white stone of the city, crumbled to dust in an instant. In a moment, the largest single loss of life on the plane was complete, tens of million of innocents vaporized by the guns of the Protoss.

A veil remained over the Marble Reaches, but Alrinach’s voice spoke to Baldier and Saradinus, and out across the Planes, seeking a winged envoy that Alrinach recalled touching this plane briefly…

“You must be so proud, Zek. And it must be wonderful to know that I gave no orders to him, implanted no instructions in his servants, and cast no illusions. It was entirely Baldier.”
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 04:20 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    K'Salaii laughed.

You do realize that the souls of the Protoss are worthless now? We can't do anything with them. They simply return to your plane. And, even if the protoss were still mortals on this planet, their soul would go to Vol'Tak. He and Alrinach have made a deal.

"You want to fix the planet with metal?! What is wrong with you! You are no better than Vol'Tak! Next you'll tell me your energy wave isn't really dangerous! If you leave this plane for 1,000 years, I may change my mind. But I don't want them fighting HERE! Fight your wars in the Void if you want, Leiff seems to like it."
    "Auh contraire` Mon ami. I think that while this is true you are forgetting the hidden settlements that still exist within this plane. those souls are still mortal."

"Metal? No, we fix it using energy waves built from the energy that we harness from within ourselves. The only metal that is involed is in protectin ourselves from the effects!"

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    and they're very through, everything in an area is completely subsumed, so you'd have to wipe them out.

they're in complete survival mode.
    ((Yeah, and they are being eaten by spirit monsters from the plant life. OOC thread?))

The spirits attacking the Enlightened look like spheres with seven legs rotating around the center. They jump onto the enlightened and stick a long tongue down any orfice they can find. As their nutrients and hydration are sucked away, the forest seems to grow a bit more.

If the Enlightened try to subsume these spirit monsters, it fails. They are not incorpreal and can be destroyed, but they do not have a mortal body to subsume. They are a part of the landscape, protecting it however they must.

----
    Protoss Armada

While Baldier is busy shouting at the others, the flying starfish stick onto the energy shields of the protoss. They begin to suck away the energy used and the shields begin to weaken.

Baldier, it is always more than good or evil. And see what you did? How many people in that city were demon worshippers? And fix it? "Oh don't worry, we'l fix everything" you say. "A few million dead doesn't matter" you say. You screwed up baldier!
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-31 at 04:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Another voice echoed in Saradinus' domain. Zek's.

It is true, Saradinus. I felt every death... All those people had dreams! Their lives were restricted by Law and Order, but it was no reason to kill them. Saradinus, you must act at once!

-----------------

The meetings of the Lords

K'Salaii

"Really? Then those protoss belong to Vol'Tak. I'm kind of surprised that you would go as far as offer the souls of your worshippers to me, a being of raw chaos and some would say destruction."

Ylvive

"This is MADNESS! You think you can do anything with your science?! The protoss don't have ties to this land anymore, except a few who still live near Old Aiur. They are viruses. And YOU are a cold blooded murderer! No better than the demons who sent that asteroid! I am gone!"

And the crystal shattered.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-31 at 05:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, we may differ on the opinions of weather fire is a force of destruction, or of PASSION, but that matters little as of now. I just require your assitance, and a singing of a contract in your own divine ichor. to assit in the detruction of a being that has... attempted to kill me."
    He will show them the various wounds/scars/ other nasties from the torture.

"Well... That was unexpected, but victory is ours!"

7. - Top - End - #487

Alrinach

A laugh filled the air.

"That was what you call a victory? I'm a little concerned about what you'd consider defeat... No doubt you'll figure it out soon enough."
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 04:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldiers avatar. and Baldier himself will take a short break from thier activites to scan the ships, the area arund the city, the city itself, the interior of the sips, the crew of the ships, and anything else related to the Protoss themselves, their payloads, or the ships.
    (Using a minor act to unviel everything that could be veiled, and to scan everything (sepereate minor acs for each.) O)

9. - Top - End - #489

Ikassi

She turned to K'salaii

What do you say, K'salaii? Do you think it's about time for some fireworks?

The blue starfish-spirits were breaching the shields on some of the smaller ships and settling on the hull. One of the ones that had the most of these things teetered and exploded as too much energy was being passed in and out of the ship's hull. The spirits were scattered by the explosion and drifted back to the red lichen.

Now, beat it, Baldier! Or do you want one of your larger ships to go next?

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "Well, we may differ on the opinions of weather fire is a force of destruction, or of PASSION, but that matters little as of now. I just require your assitance, and a singing of a contract in your own divine ichor. to assit in the detruction of a being that has... attempted to kill me."
    He will show them the various wounds/scars/ other nasties from the torture.

"Well... That was unexpected, but victory is ours!"
    (Torture?)

"I don't sign contracts. I'm chaotic, remember? But I still don't see my advantage in this. Another thing...I owe something to Ikassi. Thus, I will respect her decision. Sister, I AM READY."

Meanwhile, Ylvive detects a flow of life energy in the northern part of the continent, where there doesn't seem to be anything. She knows what that means.

"I am sorry. The Others have to learn the hard way. In any case, you will feel great joy...before feeding the worms. At least you won't become monsters like your brethren. You will simply return to the Earth."

All the protoss settlements in the region fill with positive energy. The sensation is unbelievably pleasant. More and more energy flows in the protoss' bodies. Until...there is nothing left of them but ashes.

-----------------------

The Protoss in the ships were getting dizy because of bacteria.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-31 at 05:14 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491

For a moment, the air across the plane is alight with the magnificent but melancholy sight of tiny blue flames: a flood of souls became visible for a moment and swam across the sky like millions upon millions of stars, suffusing the air with a glow. So much death on the plane had weakend the barriers between life and afterlife, and for a second the Gods, the Demons, and the Elemental Lords could see eternity.

The moment passed, and the world moved on.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 05:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Baldier
    "Baldier.... I think its a good idea to withdraw for now... go back to Aiur and please call of your assault. I will have the Life Tree repair the damage.... It has leaked into your lands granting health to the land, and with my powers I have poured upon it the Tree has gained in spiritual power two fold.... If you have been tortured, eat of the fruit from the Tree.. Please, gods, have the healing of the land from the Tree... Let it seep into the Continent from the Channel of Life. "
    "Lastly, Baldier, our friendship will only be between us if you continue with this assault. I am highly against the deaths of innocents."
    "Ylvilve is right, you must stop. However... Ylvive has acted in haste. Killing protoss with positive energy.... I propose a rebirth of the Protoss to compensate you for your trouble, Baldier, in exchange for you to call off your assault."

13. - Top - End - #493

Alrinach

"You see, Zek? Saradinus will bring Baldier's Protoss back to life... How is anyone to learn a lesson, aside from Baldier learning that no matter what he does, Saradinus will fix it?"

((There's also the whole question of the fact that Vol'Tak may have NOM NOM NOM'd their souls by now...))
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 05:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Alrinach

"You see, Zek? Saradinus will bring Baldier's Protoss back to life... How is anyone to learn a lesson, aside from Baldier learning that no matter what he does, Saradinus will fix it?"
    Saradinus
    "Hello, Alrinach.... Isn't it interesting that you are taking pleasure in death when Ylvive merely kills out of preservation for life? Baldier must have learned his lesson from his claim of being tortured... I saw you strip him of his flesh, Alrinach... I claim you need to be taught a lesson yourself."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-31 at 05:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Alrinach

((There's also the whole question of the fact that Vol'Tak may have NOM NOM NOM'd their souls by now...))
    ((No, those in Old Aiur didn't die of violence, technically. The protoss in the ship, however, did and their soul is being consumed.))

16. - Top - End - #496

Ikassi, the Voice

Call off the assult? Oh, it's far too late for that. Tell him to get off the planet! If we let him stay, he will make the same mistake again!

And Ylvive acting with haste? Don't be silly. She has been holding back for a long time, my friend. It's a wonder she did not do what she did after Baldier's first "experiment".

A smell of electricity filled the air as the skies filled with clouds.

Do you really expect us to forgive and forget? I respect you Saradinus. You strive to make the world better. However, your confused ideals cloud your better judgement. The land is scarred. The Tree will not be enough. Does it have the power to revive all the innocents that died? The deed has been done, there is no ignoring that.

17. - Top - End - #497

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus
    "Hello, Alrinach.... Isn't it interesting that you are taking pleasure in death when Ylvive merely kills out of preservation for life? Baldier must have learned his lesson from his claim of being tortured... I saw you strip him of his flesh, Alrinach... I claim you need to be taught a lesson yourself."
    "It's a thrilling distinction, really. Did you see what Baldier did to my city? He devistated it. Utterly destroyed tens of millions of totally innocent people because he was angry, and he wanted to prove his superiority. Baldier had already declared war and tried to kill me when I captured him: my people had done nothing, and knew nothing. It was a slaughter, a slaughter of people not involved in our dispute at all."

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Zek

The Sentinel (sentinel is Zek's rank) came to Saradinus.

"Wise Saradinus. This time your ally went too far. We can't use the same techniques as our enemies. I do not think he can be trusted anymore."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi, the Voice

Call off the assult? Oh, it's far too late for that. Tell him to get off the planet! If we let him stay, he will make the same mistake again!

And Ylvive acting with haste? Don't be silly. She has been holding back for a long time, my friend. It's a wonder she did not do what she did after Baldier's first "experiment".

A smell of electricity filled the air as the skies filled with clouds.

Do you really expect us to forgive and forget? I respect you Saradinus. You strive to make the world better. However, your confused ideals cloud your better judgement. The land is scarred. The Tree will not be enough. Does it have the power to revive all the innocents that died? The deed has been done, there is no ignoring that.

Saradinus points accusingly to Alrinach....Saradinus, Ikassi, Baldier, Alrinach
    "That murderer invited the Heart of Darkness to the world. He takes the souls of the innocent whom he could be harming in the worst ways possible even now. Ikassi, Voice of Planet, Alrinach is the one who is responsible for the violation of souls that could return to the earth. Not Baldier. Baldier can be called a murderer, but I honor our alliance. Honor is not something a FALSE ethical standard of Order can attain."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Saradinus points accusingly to Alrinach....Saradinus, Ikassi, Baldier, Alrinach
    "That murderer invited the Heart of Darkness to the world. He takes the souls of the innocent whom he could be harming in the worst ways possible even now. Ikassi, Voice of Planet, Alrinach is the one who is responsible for the violation of souls that could return to the earth. Not Baldier. Baldier can be called a murderer, but I honor our alliance. Honor is not something a FALSE ethical standard of Order can attain."
    A thousand voices screamed at once. It was Ylvive.

"You don't know ANYTHING about the natural order and this planet! Alrinach may be a demon, and should be stopped...but I'm starting to think that all of you gods are as bad. Maybe we should simply GET RID of your dirty kind!!!"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A thousand voices screamed at once. It was Ylvive.

"You don't know ANYTHING about the natural order and this planet! Alrinach may be a demon, and should be stopped...but I'm starting to think that all of you gods are as bad. Maybe we should simply GET RID of your dirty kind!!!"
    "Accuse not the son for the sins of the father. The Wyrm created us, Elemental. I sought to defy him long before anyone else.. Think not that I will allow repeated abuses of our pact to last for long, howerr."

22. - Top - End - #502

"Accuse not the son for the sins of the father. The Wyrm created us, Elemental. I sought to defy him long before anyone else.. Think not that I will allow repeated abuses of our pact to last for long, howerr."
    "Unless, of course, they are perpetrated by Baldier."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Unless, of course, they are perpetrated by Baldier."
    Saradinus
    Saradinus gave a snear to that wretched voice. "Alrinach.....Was I talking to you?"

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Then maybe you are ALL hopelessly tainted! Explain to me...why aren't you changed? Only Ikassi here has truly walked away from the Wyrm...becoming Voice of the Planet. You...you aren't even a Children of the Light. You are another dirty god!"

25. - Top - End - #505

Saradinus
    Saradinus gave a snear to that wretched voice. "Alrinach.....Was I talking to you?"
    "No. Technically, my last comment wasn't directed at you, either. It was an addendum meant for the others."

There's the distinct impression of a raised eyebrow. Alrinach recognizes it's childish, but he's not particularly concerned.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 05:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus sighed as he quietly watched the events surrounding Alomorra. He shook his head sadly. But then something else caught his attention: Ressal. This ogre was different: he didn't worship Cyrus, or any other god that he could tell. And so Cyrus sent an avatar down to speak with him.

Appearing next to Ressal, Cyrus nods his head respectfully to him. He glances at Alrinach before focusing on the ogre. "Greetings Ressal. I am honored to meet you. I am Cyrus, god of crafts. Might you be willing to speak with me for a time?"
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Then maybe you are ALL hopelessly tainted! Explain to me...why aren't you changed? Only Ikassi here has truly walked away from the Wyrm...becoming Voice of the Planet. You...you aren't even a Children of the Light. You are another dirty god!"
    "I am a Philosopher of the arcane. I bring the light of knowledge and spread the teaching of the Light. I have for thousands of years. I follow no rule of the Wyrms.... I follow not the Celestials except as ally and friend."

"I seek to better the world for all life... Perhaps so do the Celestials... Maybe then I will become one with them. Perhaps."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

K'Salaii found all this quite amusing. He may just sit this one out...and watch as everything burns...

----------------

Ressal

"Whoa, Cyrus? This weird ghost and then...this? I must be dreaming.."

*Sigh*

"Okay...when I'm finished with this other clown, I'll talk with you and try to figure out if you are really THAT Cyrus."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-31 at 05:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509

K'Salaii found all this quite amusing. He may just sit this one out...and watch as everything burns...
    ((I hasten to remind the assembled powers that there are more highly flammable nuclear cores floating above everyone. No need to stop now. ))
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-10-31 at 05:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Ylvive
    "In any case, I must be off to my land... I have some interesting specimens to inspect."