New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

The Castle of the Netherworld

Hammon looked into the scrying pool and watched the scene unfold on Lall. He also saw what was happening at the same time in five other material planes. Beside him stood an unseen servant.

"Is that it? What do you think?"

The servant spoke. Words spilled out of his nonexistent mouth at an incredible rate.

"Well, I heard a lot of noise coming from upstairs. Things are heating up between the two, that's for sure.

"But is that the Zeitgeist?"

"I don't know. I'm simply a magical construct. I exist to tell you what you want to hear."

"Right."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-31 at 06:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Abheeru

Abheeru listens intently, but... something is distracting him... szkylxan crfbga shiftcral WHAT? Abheeru screeched in anger and frustration! Three words spoken by the divine void, and something had DISTRACTED HIM!!

Looking down on the world, he saw the cause, and he screeched and the gods and elemental lords alike: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! CAN YOU NOT SPEND ONE DAY WITHOUT CAUSING UNTOLD DESTRUCTION!! SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE!! I CANNOT CONCENTRATE ON THE GREAT ONES WORDS WITH ALL THIS RACKET!!

And with that he returned to his post, lapsing into divine silence, answering the prayers of his mortals, but ignoring the mortal world, he began concentrating once more there is such... Abheeru smiled. AT LAST! Another piece of the puzzle...
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-31 at 06:30 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Zek

The Sentinel (sentinel is Zek's rank) came to Saradinus.

"Wise Saradinus. This time your ally went too far. We can't use the same techniques as our enemies. I do not think he can be trusted anymore."
    "It was his catpital, and as far as his millitary went i had only ever seen demons, and fiends. I apologise for the loss of innocent lives, but that is the toll of war. And ,fi I may be so bold i will say that I myself n the old war lost EVERYONE I knew EVER to the foul undead, and demons of another plane. So, I have witnessed first hand in my mortal days what a pact of undead, and demons can mean. Total annhilhation. I merely ended the lives of future killers of children, and sluaghters of women. While I know that not ALL of them could not have been bad what I did was simply eliminating a demonic cult. Albiet a large one, and my tactics were sub par, but effective non the less. He could have stepped into stop the missiles, but no he allowed his people to die before him. I myself have commited a mis deed, but not one that the Law god himself could not have prevented. He ALLOWED his people to die as a sacrfice to place blame on me, and ex comunicate me from my allies."

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    "It was his catpital, and as far as his millitary went i had only ever seen demons, and fiends. I apologise for the loss of innocent lives, but that is the toll of war. And ,fi I may be so bold i will say that I myself n the old war lost EVERYONE I knew EVER to the foul undead, and demons of another plane. So, I have witnessed first hand in my mortal days what a pact of undead, and demons can mean. Total annhilhation. I merely ended the lives of future killers of children, and sluaghters of women. While I know that not ALL of them could not have been bad what I did was simply eliminating a demonic cult. Albiet a large one, and my tactics were sub par, but effective non the less. He could have stepped into stop the missiles, but no he allowed his people to die before him. I myself have commited a mis deed, but not one that the Law god himself could not have prevented. He ALLOWED his people to die as a sacrfice to place blame on me, and ex comunicate me from my allies."
    ((This is where you comments about how impossible to prevent the wave was are going to come back to bite you. You were pretty darn sure Alrinach couldn't have prevented it THEN.))

Alrinach simply shook his head, athough the action was invisible to those he spoke to.

"Baldier, my people had nothing to do with demons. The worshipped me as the God of Law and Souls, not as a Demon Prince. Their last moments were filled with terror and confusion, and you destroyed not only them but a city that has existed since the beginning of our rule on this plane, along with the Great Library."

"But the greatest danger, the danger that the gods, the Elemental Lords, the Voice, the Demons, and, yes, the Celestials must recognize is that you are quick to act, quick to destroy, and you will never, EVER admit you are wrong."
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

"HAVE YOU GONE DEAF IN YOUR MADNESS!??!??!?!?!!?!!?!? I JUST SAID I WAS WRONG TO DO THAT!, ugh, I would say oh, god, but that kind of loses its value when you are one.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Zek shook his head.

"Like Alrinach, you had the freedom to choose. You may not have chosen to become an enemy of the Light, but, in your zeal, you have done wrong. At least you seem to realize this now. Though you still try to rationalize your decision. Everyone is to blame for this...Saradinus, even I... Now I know what we must do to save all those innocents. Something we whould have done sooner."

And the Sentinel vanished in a flash of blinding light.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-01 at 09:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

"I never do anything that does not have its reasons. However wrong they may be."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((What happened to the armada? Is it still there?))

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

((What happened to the armada? Is it still there?))
    ((It's jb done they have already begun to depart, but mobliizing huge forces to not crash into each other isn't easy, and takes time.)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looks Ressal over for a moment before speaking. "Yes, I am that Cyrus. Or at least, a manifestation of him. I understand if you don't take my word on it. But I was there when you fought the cultists in that cavern. I tried to save your squad, but if I had shifted my attention from the battle at large, many more of your people would have died. I am truly sorry for what happened. But you should know you did the best you could. And if you had not killed those cultists, who know how many others would have died?

What will you do now Ressal, hmm? The mortals need a hero, someone to inspire them. The gods are getting too caught up in their own power struggles to remember that without you, our followers, we are nothing. But I remember. I know you have cause to distrust me and all the other gods, you above all others. I do not know why you can do what you do, but obviously it is for a reason. So use it! Use it to help inspire the people, give them something to believe them. Show them that they do not need gods in order to live full, satisfying lives. And I will help as I can. You have my word on that."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Somwhere in Auir another Zealot reaches the state of psionic prefection that raises him to High Templar status, fifty dragoons are forged in the name of Auir, and a Child sings her midnight prayers of safety to Baldier.
    ((Psst. Illphi the protoss DO need it. they have been rlegious Zealots since well. the dawn of time.)

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ressal

Ressal studied Cyrus before speaking:

"You are wise. You may well be the Cyrus to which my father and my grandfather before that dedicated their lives and their craft. My words were harsh. I am sorry if I insulted you. I do not hold responsible for the death of all those people. You seem to have done what you could to save them.

So you say I'm a hero? Or perhaps that I could be one? What if I was the worst of my kind? I have great powers, but I am incapable of taking the responsabilities that go with it. I really wonder why I was given those abilities... Another thing... You speak of "hope". What hope is there for the people, exactly? How can they live full lives when the gods can use them as cannon fodder?"

((FF Fanboy: Ipphli probably doesn't think of Protoss as people. ))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-01 at 10:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus nods. "You need not apologize. And I do not think you are the worst of your kind. If you were, you would not be avoiding people. Rather, you would be dominating them as you accuse the gods of doing. Yes, I think you can give the people hope. And the people do have hope. What powers do you think a god would have if he had no followers? The gods should be servants to their people, to a point, as much as their lords. And I am...working on a way to free my own peoples."

14. - Top - End - #524

((It's jb done they have already begun to depart, but mobliizing huge forces to not crash into each other isn't easy, and takes time.)
    Ikassi

The large storm cloud that she had created followed the armada closely, though it never came close enough to any of the ships to potentially harm them. Even so, it appeared that it was watching them closely to see what they did next.

Meanwhile, Ikassi began the long process of healing the land of destruction.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss simply returned to the moon, and celebrated their victory.
    They destroyed the enemies captial.
    They have no reason to do anything more. Pure, and simple.
    *shrug*

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ressal

"I see what you mean. You gave me an idea. Perhaps I'll be able to recruit people from all over the continent, including Shiliax, Alomarra and the Myrmici Desert. Well, I wish you good luck Cyrus. I hope the other gods follow your example."

--------------------

Ylvive contacted Ikassi.

"Think we should blow up the moon? That way the outsiders won't have a base orbiting our beloved planet..."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus nods farewell to Ressal. "I wish you luck. You'll need it. A great war is coming Ressal. You'd best hurry."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, now you got me thinking about Moon lasering people.
    Glad I have a major act in tow just to circumvent someone doing just that.

matter o fact.

the Protoss KNOWING that a bunch of people down there are just plain crazy decide they need more defences then just te bloody shields they hve up
    They they begin work on a version o the WARP system that will allow them to transport mass amounts of people through small pods inside the base.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, now you got me thinking about Moon lasering people.
    Glad I have a major act in tow just to circumvent someone doing just that.

matter o fact.

the Protoss KNOWING that a bunch of people down there are just plain crazy decide they need more defences then just te bloody shields they hve up
    They they begin work on a version o the WARP system that will allow them to transport mass amounts of people through small pods inside the base.
    (The crazy people are down there? You do realize the Protoss are officially invaders from another plane now?)

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

(The crazy people are down there? You do realize the Protoss are officially invaders from another plane now?)
    (Invaders? They left, and went back to the moon. Thats it. they handled someone they precieved as a threat, and neturalised said threa. Apolgies to the gods of life in addition to some offerings, and everyone except the threat goes home happy.)

21. - Top - End - #531

(Invaders? They left, and went back to the moon. Thats it. they handled someone they precieved as a threat, and neturalised said threa. Apolgies to the gods of life in addition to some offerings, and everyone except the threat goes home happy.)
    ((That's optimistic.))

Alrinach's consciousness receded back into the Reaches, and he glided through the marble corridors, thinking.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

22. - Top - End - #532

Ylvive contacted Ikassi.

"Think we should blow up the moon? That way the outsiders won't have a base orbiting our beloved planet..."
    Blow up... you do realise the moon is a very necessary object as is the sun, especially to the mortals. Imagine the panic if such a beloved symbol ceases to be. If we go blowing up interstellar bodies, the protoss will just go to the next planet or asteroid. What do we do then? Blow those up? No. Simply give them a strong enough deterrent from ever coming back and show them that if they do try to attack, we could strike back with ten times the fury.

Ikassi moved down to the ships that fell from the sky, be it from the crews becoming diseased or the attacking spirits.

Technology...an interesting development. Are you thinking what I am thinking, Ylvive?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

No ships fell from the sky seeing as the attack took all of the .5 seconds it takes for something going .99% the speed of light to transcend the 100 mile distance.
    Also... the shields are less than a millimeter from the hull, and designed to reist the strength of Protoss weapons over a pro longed period. (Protoss POWER level weapons that is.) energy shields kinda stop ir from leaving the ship... more so anythig entering it.

24. - Top - End - #534

((OOC: if you haven't noticed, Ylvive nailed a few of the ships with a fast acting infection. You said yourself that regrouping the ships took a while. The spirit fliers took down at least one ship. The shields are only strong on protoss advanced tech standard. The vast energy coursing through the ships, (all that energy needed to power weapons and a hard shield) was not meant to protect against extremely primitive entities. In fact, all that energy made it far easier for the spirits to cause a few internal explosions which would be more than enough to shut down the delicate reactors.

Another thing, are they attacking from orbit? If so, I doubt the energy would be able to travel that far without eventually dispersing somewhat. If they did go through the atmosphere, the shields would be in pretty sorry shape after traveling through the skies at near light speed. And how do you get your ships to go that fast anyway? I know, Antimatter, and all that, but it seems you have gotten your hands on a very large supply (understandable) of an unstable substance that you somehow keep under control 100% of the time (now I am kinda confused).

I know I am probably just rambling, but your ships are not god-engines immune to everything anyone else could throw at you. Anyway, I'll leave the desicion to Omnik, but I think there are at least a handfull of ships that fell))

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

((I must agree with smiley that this is a bit ridiculous. I don't think ships from the 23rd century are invincible, FF. This is just a fantasy game. I don't mind you using some science, but I don't want us to get in arguments over physics theory. Wouldn't you be angry if the other gods said something like : "No, your protoss can't attack my city because nothing can penetrate my uber magical shield!!" Well, if we continue down that path, that's what is gonna happen...))

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Roguen
    Roguen began to spread his teachings of the Light without Saradinus'es notice... Oh, Saradinus knew that Roguen was spreading the Light throughout Lall... but not the Lall as Saradinus called the entire globe. Roguen began to convert(not in the religious sense) some of the native people into philosophers who espoused belief in obedience to the higher laws of morality and addressed ethical concerns for the wellbeing of all mortal life.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The teachings of Saradinus are now among the most widespread beliefs on the planet. Even Ensirex turned to the light. Sadly, a lot of believers died in the attack against Alomarra.

-----------------------

Ikassi
    "Oh, you're right...the moon doesn't affect the plants, but it isn't useless.

And I know what you are thinking. It sounds...excellent."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    ((OOC: if you haven't noticed, Ylvive nailed a few of the ships with a fast acting infection. You said yourself that regrouping the ships took a while. The spirit fliers took down at least one ship. The shields are only strong on protoss advanced tech standard. The vast energy coursing through the ships, (all that energy needed to power weapons and a hard shield) was not meant to protect against extremely primitive entities. In fact, all that energy made it far easier for the spirits to cause a few internal explosions which would be more than enough to shut down the delicate reactors.

Another thing, are they attacking from orbit? If so, I doubt the energy would be able to travel that far without eventually dispersing somewhat. If they did go through the atmosphere, the shields would be in pretty sorry shape after traveling through the skies at near light speed. And how do you get your ships to go that fast anyway? I know, Antimatter, and all that, but it seems you have gotten your hands on a very large supply (understandable) of an unstable substance that you somehow keep under control 100% of the time (now I am kinda confused).

I know I am probably just rambling, but your ships are not god-engines immune to everything anyone else could throw at you. Anyway, I'll leave the desicion to Omnik, but I think there are at least a handfull of ships that fell))
    Thats why I had them crusing for two posts... they were recharging from the stress of Atmopshereic re entry. Also I will agree that while I have uber mooded I do think that some clawing,. and scraping at my ships isn't going to do much... I'll let one or two go down, but seriously your arguing that someone can scratch through 2 meters of tempered, and apprpriately enhanced steel. (this IS the terran power level that I was assigned by the GM. With Psi tech shields.)
    But, hell if it is going to cause problems I'm going to jut get rid of the shields all together, and go with the following.

The standard Behemoth class Carrier/Battle ship can be defined as Fast, maneuverable, and long-endurance, the Destroyer class was intended to escort larger vessels, such as the Marathon and Halcyon-class Cruisers.

Although vessels of this classification are only seven meters longer than a Fury class Frigate, they are almost double the mass. Unlike most ships in the fleet, Destroyers carry no single-ship (Longsword or Shortsword) fighters, their large mass comes rather from the 3 meters of Neosteel A armor battle plate covering the ship. The ships themselves also harbor a great resevoir of Havok nuclear devices, and Slayer general purpose anti matter missiles in addition to the standard Protoss energy cannons on each side it also sports a large cannon on its under belly that launches a Two solid projectile through the use of the standard psi eninges that are used to control anti matter reactions, and a milllitary only super secret technology (that I'm, to lazy to exaplin.)

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus watches as Roguen spreads the Way of the Light throughout the world. Thinking to himself, Cyrus sends out his own clerics, now with a new message for the world: we the mortals can help decide the fate of our world; we are not just pawns in the games of the gods.

Pleased with himself, Cyrus let his power flow into his people, increasing the productivity and fertility, allowing them to expand even further and people said lands.

And to protect them, Cyrus took the relic he found under the tainted coast to his forge. His people would need protection...The next day, in the great square before the High Temple, there appeared a massive statue made of the purest white marble. On it were 4 pairs of humanoids, one for each of Cyrus' people, a male and a female standing close or holding each other. Each was a stunning piece of art in their own right; the people expected them to leap from the pedestal at any moment. Each couple was peering up into the sky, full of hope and promise.

Spoiler
    Show

Major act to increase people's fertility/productivity
    Major act used with the relic to create the Statue of Hope. Inspires the populace as well as help protect all the people's of Cyrus while they are their lands.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kessal the Ogre has started a new settlement in the plains between Cyrus' mountain range and the Great Forest. Its people are independant from any state.