New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Saradinus
    (This was a single, double pronged attack to damage it, not an assault, and it came from Saradinus in the Void.)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I thought Saradinus returned to Tekia))

In that case, the stoning still doesn't work, but the pure power ravages it. In a pop, it appeared further away. A mist seemed to obscure it, and it dissappeared entirely.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus
    Saradinus, this time, really returned to Tekea. It was a shame, but it appeared as if the Behemoth escaped. Knowing that the Titan was winning, Saradinus returned to Lall.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Moon / The Multiverse

The Titan was about to strike a killing blow when the Wyrm sneered. He drew a large amount of souls from the Marble Reaches and Infernus. The Duke, like many archdemons and demon princes, felt his own soul being ripped from his body. An incommensurably evil aura emanated from Asmodeus. The Titan took a step back and the Light Nimbus coalesced around him. Then, he charged his sworn foe, putting all his power in this one blow.

A large explosion shook the Heavens. Both the Wyrm and the Titan were decimated in the blast, as were most of the celestial and demonic armies. The moon and every ship or creature still in orbit vanished. Fortunately, the Protoss and the Ensirex were gone in their respective ships.

That day, the very essence of the multiverse was changed. Infernus as a plane was dismantled (in every reality), but some lone demonic realms remained. The Light merged with the World of Dreams and the last Sentinels went to sleep. In the Castle of the Netherworld, the two Adversaries were gone. Neither had won the prize. In fact, neither of them could hope to control the Zeitgeist. Both Freedom and Order were needed in the World. A balance between the two Powers was inconceivable. The two sides needed to be reconciled so a new Idea could emerge. And from that Idea sprang a new Era.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Eternal Tekea
    Saradinus gradually became more and more powerful throughout the following millenia. His ideal of eradicating ignorance, spiritual and intellectual darkness from the universe for the good of all was taught philosophicaly from generation to generation. Tekea became a massive trans-galactic nation. The Life Tree began to act as a benevolent and kinder Ylvilve in countless worlds. Saradinus'es followers were the very paragons and ultimate peak of arcane knowledge and power throughout all creation. Virtue and the tenants of goodness and love were spread doctrinaly. Ragnarock, the Father Dragon, worked as Commander of Saradinus'es forces, and somehow, Saradinus managed to preserve Baldier's brain until the time came for him to completely revive his old friend. Tekea was the very cornerstone for civilization and education of all sorts for centuries.

(Will change if FFF boy complains.)

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

The Children of Cyrus

The Children eventually heard news of what had happened, and the fate of all involved. The people rejoiced that, for the most part, the gods and demons were gone; they were safe. And so the Children expanded, slowly taking over the old domains of the others. They welcomed everyone into their society that agreed to their laws.

An agreement was reached with the Free People and Ressal. Ressal would lead the Children, and they would become one nation. Eventually it was discovered that the Free People had been endowed with some of Cyrus' power just as the Children had. Eventually the Children's borders met those of the Ensirex. After a few small border disputes, a peace was reached. The Valley of the Enlightened was rumored to be haunted by...something. Few ever ventured there, and fewer still returned.

When word reached the Children of what had become of Tekia, they took it in stride. Knowledge and learning were welcome qualities, and so the Sages were respected. But they were never truly welcomed within the Children's lands for their insistence on following the way of 'good'; the Children had happened such ideas long ago, following in the footsteps of their Father and creator, Cyrus.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

7. - Top - End - #817

The Voice of The Planet

Ikassi saw what had happened. It was as she had hoped. Neither power overcame the other. A new era was to be ushered in and she knew this. She let the earthwardens finally grow old and die. They would no longer be necessary and she was not one to deny them death. The Myrmici continued to practice their minimalist way of life and their desire to live on the planet to make their own lives. Alukium still slumbered on his island contentedly, tending over the few ashenborn that still resided there. The new moon sat overhead, and some nights of the year, a strange sillohette of a large craft could be seen.

Ikassi, herself, settled once again within the pulse of the planet. She and the world became one as she settled down until she would be needed again.

8. - Top - End - #818

The Marble Reaches

click click click click

click click click click

A rythmic tapping rang out through the air of the Marble Reaches, the sound of polished bone on white opal. Nemerensis sat in Alrinach's former throne drumming its fine fingers on the armrest, its black cape draped around it. Before Cellis had left he shared many secrets with Alrinach, one of which was the technique of placing a bit of divine soul in the body of a servant, and by that power the Reaches now recognized Nemerensis as its lord.

As the bone kolyarut stood, the white stone of the realm was laced through with black currents that ran like water through the marble itself, cascading in front of him and turning the stone a deep, inky black.
    His former lord’s First Servant paced through the realm, thinking, as his gears made a whispering sound and his dark cloak brushed the floor. The Reaches were the realm of Fate, after all, and the entire structure served as a catalogue, a reflection, and a blueprint for what was, what is, and what will be. There were the clockwork soldiers that remained, those that hadn’t been sent to battle, and perhaps a few demons that existed, scattered across the planes. It could seek out Calix, or perhaps try and rebuild its earstwhile lord anew from the shred of soul it carried within it, as Alrinach had done for it…

Nemerensis paused and considered. Perhaps, perhaps not. There was plenty of time, yet, to watch and consider, and no need to follow in the imperfect footsteps of its creator. Perhaps it would try Good. Perhaps it would remain Evil. Perhaps it would forswear both, and simply chart the movements of planets and planes and stars they shot through the sky.

Nemerensis looked at the air of the Reaches, as if it thought that somehow, someone was watching. With a motion of its carefully crafted bone hand and a whirr of its gears, it drew the veils across the Reaches and vanished from view.
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-11-05 at 01:45 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

After taking over and altering the world they were exiled to, Cellis made it more and more habitable. The masses of creatures filled the planet, and tunneled under it. After filling the planet with life, It began expanding, finding strange creatures floating passively in space and forcing them into the Mind. They found more and more planets and small moons. They continued expanding and seeking out new lands, destroying and conquering any new lands they can find.

In the Valley of the Enlightened life was so strong that death was impossible. nothing died, they lived forever and expanded. anyone who went in was brutally killed by the predators and treants living within it, and raised again whether they wanted to or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

The Protoss after licking thier wounds, and adapting to a new faith that now worshipped the Psionic Crystal itself that now floated hhigh in the middle of their city eventually gre tired of their plane, and began to explore the void as from so many years ago. Eventually they stumbled upon the old Moon, and after twenty yuears of work they actually managed to adapt it into a giant hollow space ship armed to the teeth (as is Protoss custom.), and self sustaing for hundreds of thousands of years (as in only over pop would nail it.) they continued to do the same with all the Moons, and Planets they found were uninhabited, and as they moved at what was now faster than the speed of light you can miainge that they operated quite quickly installitons to harvest out the moon solid cores, and then apat the moon into the very colony ship that would colonize then next one they came across. Then after they had inahbited all they could the wandred into the asteroid belt to Domainate the Asteroids there, and terraform them into actual mini planets with atmosphere, and everything. The Old plane of Auir was nto forgotten though. Protoss were still spawned of the plane stuff, so they had found a way to create a rift that let a little bit fo that plabne leak into the ateroid belt making it more Hospitable, and increasing birth rates thriough the roof for the immortal race.
    *Closing*
    A Protoss bard was leaning against a Old yew that grew in the southern park, playing his mandolin; singing a sad soft tune as he struck each note.

Dwelling deep within the soul
    A mystical sense of reality
    Captured by the craze
    All in bewilderment
    Of the shock in the wave
    Creatures of the dimness
    Chattering amongst the green
    Everything slows in stillness.
    As soft winds sweep away the days
    I look back on life through a haze.

((Comments?))

11. - Top - End - #821

((Good game, everyone.))
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    ((Good game, everyone.))
    yep, 78 pages, wish I had been more active.

can't wait for the next one, too bad we ca't keep our gods...
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

((I might keep the Protoss, but I dont want to start over when i already know what their maxi s, so I may just go with a guy with the straight up Shadow, Technology (sorry, but it works out well, and I realised that I could have used a minor act to reform all the ships that were in the debri field, and make them into ram ships.), and Light domains. (Two sides of a coin will be his theme.) Also its been a great game... cant WAIT for part two... Also I found the music back tune for the ending I did for the Protoss. Ingore the title, and the video.. the music fits. ))

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ressal

The Pirate States were eventually conquered by Ressal and the Free People. The Warlord deposed the despots that ruled there and reorganized the political life so the wise and the strong would rule. He also planned to rebuild Alomarra and even the old Twilight City, where humans, ogres and al. could coexist in peace with the Myrmici.

Ressal visited the Statue of Hope one last time, a few weeks after the Battle on the Moon. As he approached the statue, he noticed the two roses and smiled.

"Old Buddy. Do you see that? We won. Like you said we would. I believe the mortals and the planet are safe now. I could never thank you enough for what you did for me and my brethren. You were not a god...you were one of us."

Ressal unsheathed his masterwork kukri.

"I have brought this as a gift. You convinced me that my efforts weren't futile. I have been working in the forge lately, like my father and his father before him. In my mind, you deserve this...my finest blade. May it be remembered as our legacy."

Ressal drove the kukri into the base of the statue. No mortal would ever be able to remove it from the stone. The ogre then took his pistol from his belt.

"So uncivilized..."

In the following years, Ressal erected statues all around the continent dedicated to the gods of old; Lupin, Mavil et al. This way, the people would never forget where they came from...while knowing full well that the gods aren't needed anymore.

-------------------

The civilization of Tekia expended to multiple worlds. The teachings of Wise Saradinus were known by all the people of this region of space. However, after a few centuries, a strange phenomenon was first observed on the frontier worlds, then on Lall itself. The people living in the affected areas forgot everything about technology. Machines malfunctioned...eventually entire communities were thrown back to the dark ages. In the same period, dead magic zones multiplied. A force was obviously at work...

Something was lurking in the darkness. And it watched.

THE END...OR IS IT?
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-05 at 06:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    Ressal

-------------------

The civilization of Tekia expended to multiple worlds. The teachings of Wise Saradinus were known by all the people of this region of space. However, after a few centuries, a strange phenomenon was first observed on the frontier worlds, then on Lall itself. The people living in the affected areas forgot everything about technology. Machines malfunctioned...eventually entire communities were thrown back to the dark ages. In the same period, dead magic zones multiplied. A force was obviously at work...

Something was lurking in the darkness. And it watched.

THE END...OR IS IT?
    they ever hit my empire? it'd give them a bit of a start...
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    they ever hit my empire? it'd give them a bit of a start...
    Maybe they will...if the game continues

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Lords of the Elements gathered and watched the Voice of the Planet disappear in the ground. They each looked upwards, to the new moon and the distant stars.

The Protoss won't be coming back soon. I am not happy that Baldier died...but death is also part of the natural Cycle.

Ylvive and Vol'tak left.

Well well...what do we do now? Are you up for a match?

No. I feel tired. I think I've eaten enough. I will return to the sea and sleep for a few hundred years...

Leiff was the only Lord left at the meeting. But he wasn't alone.

Just you and me now, Hetrimont. Come... The planes are a mess up there. It's up to us to redecorate. Bring the cheese!

Blackout
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-05 at 07:14 PM.