New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    Enlightened
    Cellis

well, if he has no rival, what could he do with the universe? perhaps we are all just playing cards in a convulted game of solitaire, or a story he watches to amuse himself. If the hypothetical arch-angel does exist, for all we know we are being cultivated as foot-soldiers for when he comes, to fight against out counterparts on the other side.

I was thinking of a conversation I had with Ossau long ago, and the interaction between him and Kil'salla is hardly cordial.
    Ikassi chuckled a bit at this.

They come from two different worlds. They are concieved of opposing planes of existence. Of course they will not see eye to eye. K'salaii overstepped his bounds once and paid for it.

The elemental lords have great power and can cause great catastrophies spanning entire continents. However, they do not. Why? Perhaps they know that four other elemental lords are just waiting to make their move.

In any case, I doubt that destroying the world ever was in their best interests.

As for the Wyrm, if we are simply cards in a game of solitare, as you put it, then what is there for us to lose? There is so much to think about, hmm?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

You've obviously never seen how bad a paper cut a playing card can give you, and have you seen the crystal ones the protoss use?

Still, I'd rather understand as much of my existence as possible before having my soul ripped forcibly from existence. Tying myself to life gives me a bit of a self-preservation insticnt.

What would you propose we do about the Wyrm? for all we know the Rycek will swarm any of us before we can strike. especially if you believe this "balance" and the fiends were their servants.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan shrugs. "We are happy going about life as usual. The Wyrm does not trouble us, and so we do not trouble ourselves with him. We simply wish to be left in peace."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus and Pennan
    "The Wyrm is Satan..... Or Asmodeus... Or, simply call him the Great Demon, I suppose." He looked mildly irritated. "Consider The Wyrm an advocate of evil in your lands... I feel he is doing more than just sticking to his part of the world. I can sense a great evil in his presence whenever I think about him. I should know, because of my jurisdiction's level of power."

5. - Top - End - #125

Ikassi

The lare beast simply stared at Cellis stupidly for a while.
    Paper cuts? I have experienced a wide array of feelings, but paper cuts? How dou you get cut from paper when using crystal?

As for that self-preservation instinct of yours, you an do much to keep yourself around for a long time, I am sure. As for the Ryceak, or the Ballance, whatever it is, or claims to be, the best we can do is to stay vigilant.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

*beats thred with shockey stick!*
    "LIVE!"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    *beats thred with shockey stick!*
    "LIVE!"
    (As I said before, you are free to play out the space voyage and the landing on the moon as you see fit. I had nothing planned about the moon.)

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Saradinus and Pennan
    "The Wyrm is Satan..... Or Asmodeus... Or, simply call him the Great Demon, I suppose." He looked mildly irritated. "Consider The Wyrm an advocate of evil in your lands... I feel he is doing more than just sticking to his part of the world. I can sense a great evil in his presence whenever I think about him. I should know, because of my jurisdiction's level of power."
    "Saradinus, for all your expertise, you have no concrete PLAN! How could we possibly stand against it, whatever the Wyrm is?"
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    "Saradinus, for all your expertise, you have no concrete PLAN! How could we possibly stand against it, whatever the Wyrm is?"
    "I no longer work under the Wyrm's rules... I can't be stripped of my power like Gargath was. I might get flattened by the Wyrm, but this Balance woman I met appears to be a phony."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan nods his agreement with Alrinach. "When you have an actually plan that might work, let us know. Otherwise, we're going to sit this one out."

To Gargax

After a day or two in the camp, another group of Ryceans show up. A large hobgoblin steps forward and bows to the Arbiters. "Greetings. I am Heyel, and I will be your guide through our realm, provided you agree to our rules. First, you must not go anywhere without my permission; this if for your safety and ours. Second, you must not bring anything of the taint or evil with you. You did not eat or get attacked by anything while in the Tainted Lands did you?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

The Arbiters shake their heads.

We have no stain upon us, for we have not truly touched the lands we traveled. No creature that dared attempt to attack us lived long enough to touch us. We do not eat. We will follow your rules.
    We have no stain upon us, for we have not truly touched the lands we traveled. No creature that dared attempt to attack us lived long enough to touch us. We do not eat. We will follow your rules.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-17 at 06:41 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Heyel nods. "Very well then. We shall go." He turns and begins travelling back the way he came. He gestures for the Arbiters to walk with him. "So, are they any questions you have that I may be able to answer before we reach town?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ipphli View Post
    Pannan nods his agreement with Alrinach. "When you have an actually plan that might work, let us know. Otherwise, we're going to sit this one out."

To Gargax

After a day or two in the camp, another group of Ryceans show up. A large hobgoblin steps forward and bows to the Arbiters. "Greetings. I am Heyel, and I will be your guide through our realm, provided you agree to our rules. First, you must not go anywhere without my permission; this if for your safety and ours. Second, you must not bring anything of the taint or evil with you. You did not eat or get attacked by anything while in the Tainted Lands did you?"
    Saradinus shrugs. "My plan went right over your head. Stop believing in the Wyrm as your superior. He is the Worm to me."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    (As I said before, you are free to play out the space voyage and the landing on the moon as you see fit. I had nothing planned about the moon.)
    (I'm actually waiting on your response to my IC Protoss Omnik. >.>)
    Also other people cna roleplay the trip to the moon.
    (BTW the Protoss are breathless, no mouths.)

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    (I'm actually waiting on your response to my IC Protoss Omnik. >.>)
    Also other people cna roleplay the trip to the moon.
    (BTW the Protoss are breathless, no mouths.)
    (Do you mean the protoss expedition team? If so, their hostess did answer with one line.

If you mean Baldier, I just assumed the meeting was over and that the voices became silent. Sorry, I was sure I had posted this...)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan glares at Saradinus. "I heard you. But you speak like a madman. Its one thing to say you are no longer under the thrall of the Wyrm. But what proof have you given? You just expect us to believe you have escaped from the being that created you, just like that? You are a madman. And if you insult us again like that, we'll happily watch the Wyrm crush you."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Pannan glares at Saradinus. "I heard you. But you speak like a madman. Its one thing to say you are no longer under the thrall of the Wyrm. But what proof have you given? You just expect us to believe you have escaped from the being that created you, just like that? You are a madman. And if you insult us again like that, we'll happily watch the Wyrm crush you."
    "Ooooh.. Hooo hooo hooo!" Saradinus gleefully giggles. "I have more insults like that to PUT INTO action. Peacefully of course." Saradinus vanishes.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Pannan glances at the other gods. "You are on your own. The Ryceans will not help you until that one is dealt with. He's insane, and will bring destruction on all that aid him." With that, Pannan vanishes as well.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Pannan glances at the other gods. "You are on your own. The Ryceans will not help you until that one is dealt with. He's insane, and will bring destruction on all that aid him." With that, Pannan vanishes as well.
    "Hm...." Saradinus decided... that it would be best to bring his power to Tekea once more. Saradinus used a Major Act to fortify and enhance the Life Tree to a much greater intensity level. This would counter act any taint spreading to Baldier's lands, and the power energy of the Tree would spread to Baldier's lands, making it a place for Baldier's people to return to. (If I have major acts)

Saradinus and Baldier
    I wish to send some of my people to you now. I think it would be best for the world if we sent many mortals out of the Wyrm's reach. Perhaps, Baldier, you can help me prove that the Balance is a farce. I am all too suspect of the Balanc'es ways. It must be a hoax... As the agent of Good on Lall I know it.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-10-17 at 09:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus continues on his search for either the Duke or Abadalon. After a time, he makes his way to the lands of Ocogoiks. Going to him, Cyrus looks at him steadily. "Greetings Ocogoiks. Haven't I let you do as you will with MY people? Did I not allow you to live and prosper? And this is how you repay me? By sheltering the one that tried to KILL ME?!"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Ocogoiks, who had been searching for the Duke and the odd creature as well, was stunned, and not the least bit angry. What do you speak of? I did no such thing, I defended you when that creature attacked you! Perhaps you smell his energy within me, and my Silver Nobles from his soul that we devoured, but we have been purifying it. How dare you accuse me as such, what have I done to deserve your ire THIS time!?

---

Gargax

The Arbiters merely shake their heads and follow the guide.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus looks angry, but manages to keep his voice level. "Yes, you and yours devoured his soul. What you do not realize is that his soul is devouring you! You are not purifying it, but feeding it! Apparently you do not realize, and so are to be forgiven for your ignorance. You must let me purge this foul taint from you and yours before it is too late."

23. - Top - End - #143

Ikassi

Ikassi listened to Sardinius and Pannan as she worked. Sardinius did sound like a madman, and that laughter certainly did not help.

Well, so much for that then. Do you think he knows how he sounds?

Ikassi bid her farewell to the other gods before burrowing into the earth. Sardinius was flouting himself around as the ultimate authority of what was "right". She might have to deal with him, but she hoped it didn't escalate to that point.

24. - Top - End - #144

Alrinach

Alrinach just looked vaguely exasperated at Saradinus and cast his attantion over to where Gargax and Cyrus argued.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Baldier's demiplane

Two protoss scientists discover a new celestial body in the night sky. It appears to be large asteroid, possibly originating from the Tail. According to their calculations, the asteroid will collide with their home planet in a month or so.

26. - Top - End - #146

Ikassi

Ikassi emerged from the ground next to Cyrus and Ocogoiks She listend for a while to the banter between them before she spoke.

Ocogoiks, getting yourself wrapped up in the affairs of others? Well, it is of no concern to me. I am searching for Gargax and seeking you out seemed to be the first logical step. I had learned that he has returned to divinity, and I would like to speak with him if it is not too much trouble.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus nods to Ikassi. "Greetings Ikassi. It is good to see you. Gargax has indeed returned. I'm surprised you cannot sense him."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Ocogoiks

Ocogoiks speaks once to Cyrus before addressing Ikassi You are wrong, you think us blind but it is you who cannot see the truth. It is not devouring us, we can TELL, you are a god but even you cannot know what we know, as beings of pure soul and spirit given mortal forms. We would be able to tell if what you was true, no matter how subtle or insidious the corruption.

He turned to Ikassi Indeed, my father has retaken his throne and I have relinquished it gladly too him, as he is the rightful owner.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Hm...." Saradinus decided... that it would be best to bring his power to Tekea once more. Saradinus used a Major Act to fortify and enhance the Life Tree to a much greater intensity level. This would counter act any taint spreading to Baldier's lands, and the power energy of the Tree would spread to Baldier's lands, making it a place for Baldier's people to return to. (If I have major acts)

Saradinus and Baldier
    I wish to send some of my people to you now. I think it would be best for the world if we sent many mortals out of the Wyrm's reach. Perhaps, Baldier, you can help me prove that the Balance is a farce. I am all too suspect of the Balanc'es ways. It must be a hoax... As the agent of Good on Lall I know it.
    "indeed, and the chaos in the world is the entire reason for me have created my new plane of existance. Your followers are always welcome in the city of Auir, and Shakuras though, and i will send hidden transports to escort them gradually out of the city if you wish. I assume you wuldl ike to leave a fighting force there though."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus turns towards Ocogoiks, shaking his head. "Already the corruption blinds you. You think yourself more capable than me, a god? I may have had negative thoughts of you Ocogoiks, but never did I think you a fool until now."