New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pokethulhu - Someone's Chewing on My Parents

The Y'gollywog lets loose a hideous roar as it's local space-time warps around it. And even as it struggles, a blast of frigid wind splits and echos through the riddled corridors of it's sundered plane.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dyzant succeeds with a roll of 2 and traps, and Mobeot succeeds with a roll of 2, dealing 2 damage.
    Slowly, the Y'gollywog pulls itself from it's twisted reality, grimmacing at it's partially frozen flesh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Successful escape, but since it had to spend it's turn escaping the damage goes through, and it's down to 3 hp. Also, you can't have more than one thulhu out. The binding draws on your life force, and won't split like that. Useful loopholes exist though. For example, the Ulthar isn't bound to any of you, so it could theoretically be convinced to fight in addition to your actual thulhu. Same for the Y'gollywog, but I dunno how successful you'll find that route.
    Taking Over The World, One Tangent At A Time

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Good one Mobeot! Do it again, get him down on this one!" Says Steve, still slowly walking away from the insane thulu.
    Last edited by Colt; 2008-12-10 at 11:45 AM.

Silver Contributor To The Avatar d20 Project

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mobeot again blasts the Y'gollywog with frigid arctic gusts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll of 3 succeeds and Y'gollywog takes 3 damage.

Angered, the Y'gollywog quickly ducks, using it's momentum to bring it back up un-face to un-face with Mobeot. It levels what you would assume would be where it's eyes were, if it had a head, directly at Mobeot and swings!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dodge roll of 9 heals 3 hp, leaving 6 left over and initiates a speed attack. A subsequent roll of 6 deals 6 damage to Mobeot, putting it at -1 hp.

Struck back, Mobeot slithers and swerves in the air, attempting to correct itself from the devistating blow!

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, Mobeot at -1, Y'gollywog at 3, Dyzant at full hp, Ulthar at full hp and halfway inside West's coat. Ted and Will are at full and standing back to enjoy the show. Mobeot will need to do a dodge attack as it's next action or faint, and provided it rolls higher than 6, it has the option of initiating a speed attack just like Y'gollywog did. It works by simply replacing your power and speed score with whatever the remainder roll was for the rest of that round. And even if you get a 1, it still means you get to dodge and attack in the same turn, so you may as well go for it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Steve runs towards his Mobeot saying, "Come on, you can survive this! Make it back!"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mobeot snaps and flails, catching itself and using the momentum to spring back at the Y'gollywog!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll of 11 on the dodge roll brings Mobeot up to 5 hp, and leaves it's speed and power scores at 5 for the rest of the turn. You now have the option of an injure, frighten, or trap attack before the Y'gollywog goes.

Meanwhile, from behind you, you hear a bvVWIPf! and then a slight fizzing noise, along with the smell of brimstone and very old coffee. West, Ted, and Steve each look behind themselves and then at each other, quickly doing the mental arithmetic and coming up one short.
    Last edited by Elrosth; 2009-01-10 at 02:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Good recovery Mobeot! You're amazing! Now, try to bind him up so I can have him!" Steve says as he looks back at the others. "Guys, can you help me? In any way?"

Spoiler
    Show
    This is just getting amusing... It's fun though. Should we re-recruit?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe... I'll try one more time to get ahold of them via PM though.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, we can probably recruit more. Feel free to invite anyone you've liked playing with before, and I'll post in the recruiting thread.