New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Therinn Adventures: Group 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Carnelian's head snaps around as she hears Kyra's cry and sees the dark-armored goblin to the north. "Aramil! Margan! Can one of you get over there and keep that goblin off Elay?"

She grips her blade tighter in a suddenly sweaty hand and glances around the battlefield, keeping only enough attention on the small goblin before her to parry his blows.

Spoiler
    Show
    No mechanics here, I just wanted to post something - I'm assuming we can talk out of initiative order, right? I'll include HP/AC/defences in my actual combat post
    Markver Sammean, Shadowmancer Initiate

With clenched teeth, Markvar says, "I can take care of him - don't break combat lines, or they'll overwhelm us!"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-10-25 at 04:21 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the goblin before him fell in a bloody mess, Margan flourished his throwing hammer nonchalantly before yanking the javelin from his shoulder. He tossed it to the road and spat. "The fey and I have things up here. No one's getting past us!"
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roan Arathane, Level 4 Human Resourceful Warlord and
    Devis, Level 4 Half-elf Bard in Dame Morbid's Tournament
    Margan Flintfist, Level 1 Dwarven Fighter in Therinn Adventures

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Project Leader: Deity's Order (Currently Stalled)
    Contributer: Avatar d20 (Currently Struggling Back from Dead)
    Contributer: Lords of Creation

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Aramil
    HP: 27/27
    AC: 17 Fort: 15 Ref: 13 Will: 12

Aramil gives the goblin in front of him a quick stab, and then moves off to handle the newcomer. "I'll leave the rest here to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure Strike against the goblin:

Attack: (1d20+9)[9](18)
    Damage: (1d8+1)[6](7)

Move 5 squares to E9, provoking one Opportunity attack if the goblin in front of me survives.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

HP 15/26
    (Bloodied: 13 Healing Surge: 6 (0 used /9)
    AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 15 Will 14 Speed 6

Markver staggers backwards by the heavy blow, the air blasted from his lungs. The crude spear had pierced his heavy leather coat, but thankfully the point had not fully entered his body. Markver closes his eyes, and pulls it out with a gush of blood.

A shout from Kyra makes him turn his head, but before he can go help Aramil runs to engage the new enemy. That flank covered, Markver looks around to see where he is needed. Aramil's move had left the wounded Margan in a precarious situation, so Markver takes a snap decision. Moving back into the cover of a nearby tree, Markver calls forth the shadows to block the path to the dwarf.

At his gesture, dark tentacles spring forth under the legs of his enemies, attempting to grab them. Unlike the previous night, though, Markver adds a twist by projecting the pain in his side into the darkness, and the goblins scream as their minds are assaulted by it.

Markver calls out a shout to Margan, trying to keep it low enough it only reach his ears, "Do not go into the shadows - they cannot tell Ally from Evil."

Spoiler
    Show

Markver's actions:
    Move to H13
    Grasping Shadows on O11 (blast 1 range 10) Int vs Will:
    HitN12 - (1d20+4)[17](21)
    HitP11 - (1d20+4)[13](17)
    Damage - (1d8+5)[2](7) (also slowed until end of my next turn)

The grasping shadows remain there until the end of my next turn, and anyone entering any of the squares is hit automatically for 5 damage and is slowed until the end of their next turn.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian
    HP: 30/30
    AC: 18 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 12

Carnelian slashes at the last remaining nearby goblin with her longsword, and glances over her shoulder at the wounded shadowmancer.

"Ignore the pain, Markver, be enduring as the stone! These little Evils shall not prevail against us."

She moves up onto the road next to Margan, grins fiercely at the dwarf, and points her sword at the goblins, shouting a curse in Primordial at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basic melee attack on L13, attack roll (1d20+7)[27] for (1d8+4)[10] damage.

I use an Inspiring Word on Markver as a minor action, he can spend a healing surge and regain an additional (1d6)[3] hit points.

I then move up to J12, where Aramil was standing, to grant cover to Elay and the horses. The cursing in Primordial is purely flavor

EDIT: Woot! Action point!

EDIT2: Random musing... I hadn't realized before how dependent the 4e warlord is on being close to allies, at least at low level. If I run off on my own, I'm essentially restricted to basic attacks, and I need a warrior adjacent to my target to pull off the Warlord's Favor / Commander's Strike / action-point combo. Still, I'll wait for Awesomologist to post (so I know if Aramil killed his goblin, and hence which goblin I just critted) before declaring if and where I move after my attack.

EDIT3: Post edited with actual actions.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-10-27 at 12:32 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carnelian View Post
    "Ignore the pain, Markver, be enduring as the stone! These little Evils shall not prevail against us."

HP 24/26
    (Bloodied: 13 Healing Surge: 6 (1 used /9))
    Concealed, under Cover

Carnelian's words really help Markver to ignore pain, feeling like he is not alone against Evil once more. Suddenly the bleeding wound on his side doesn't seem as bad, and with a small gesture, shadows start to reknit the broken flesh
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-10-27 at 02:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Aramil's attack slays the weak goblin in front of him allowing the Eladrin warrior to move into the path of the Goblin Blackblade.
    The grasping shadows are able to slay the weaker of the two goblins and injures the Goblin Warrior behind.
    Ifni's attack is brutal and swift, a clean cut separates the goblin's head from the rest of it's body.
    Seeing the weaker goblins fall, the warriors on the road become hesitant to move forward too close, but they're still eager to let their javelin's fly. The injured and slowed goblin (G1) shambles out of the shadows before unleashing a javelin at Margan. It hits, but the crude javelin causes only minor damage. (3 Damage).
    The second goblin moves forward only short way, trying to gain some cover from the wild growth and avoid the shadowy tentacles. He slings a javelin at Carnelian, the momentum of his run giving some extra force, and strikes the warlord deep in the thigh. (12 Damage)
    The third Goblin Warrior makes a break behind the nearby rocks. Seeing the tiefling perched atop the rocks, the goblin throws a javelin at her. The throw was narrowly off and the tiefling can feel the shaft of the javelin glance off her side.
    Elay struggles to hold onto the panicked horses, preventing them from trampling forward and therefore cannot attempt to remove himself from the net.
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 1

Map Key
    Brown Squares - Road (Normal Movement)
    Light Green Squares - Short Grass (Normal Movement)
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Green Octagon - Scrub Oak (Provide Cover and Concealment)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Black Circles - Floating Cloak
    Red Rectangles - Wagon (7 feet high, DC 10 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)
    Faded shadows - Markver's Grasping Shadows. 5 Damage and slow effect upon entering

Initiative:
    Margan
    Kyra
    Goblin Blackblade
    Aramil
    Markver
    Carnelian
    3 Goblins Warriors G1/G2/G3
    Elay
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-27 at 01:07 PM.
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian winces as the javelin strikes her thigh. She snaps off the shaft and mutters over her shoulder to the mage, "Markver, how long will the shadows persist? Should we wait them out?" To Margan, "If you close with the foe, wait to strike, until I signal you."
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carnelian View Post
    "Markver, how long will the shadows persist? Should we wait them out?" To Margan, "If you close with the foe, wait to strike, until I signal you."
    "The shadows will last but a few seconds. If you are planning to advance on the Evils, you will probably get there by the time they are gone"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian nods and glances over her shoulder at Kyra. Attempting to keep her voice light, she calls to the tiefling girl, "Ky, perhaps you could go and help Aramil? Remember our practice session last night!"

She's fast, and she carries a dagger, and knows how to strike for vulnerable points... I just don't know if she can handle a fight to the death. But if she goes to help Aramil, he can protect her, I hope. With those javelins they wield, being up in the rocks may not ensure her safety.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-10-27 at 06:39 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131

Once again, Margan finds himself skewered on a goblin stick.

"DAGDAN ISOLDE!" The dwarf shouted in his native tongue, and wrenched the tip out of the crevasse in his armor it found. As Carnelian roared in some language Margan didn't understand, he smirked. He understood the intent well enough. As soon as those shadows faded, he was going to be on the little pests like stink on an orc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Delay until the shadows dissapear after Markver's turn.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyra

Help Aramil? But... there's one down here! Kyra will say, worried over the goblin to the south.

Torn for a second with indecision, Kyra looked between the two foes. Aramil seemed like he could handle himself. Elay, however... not as much. The poor boy seemed to be struggling to keep the horses under control.

I... um... I'll be right back! She shouted to Carn, pulling a knife and darting from her hiding place towards the goblin to the south.

Sprinting for all she is worth, Kyra flipped her knife backhand and tried to come up with a plan. In a flash she was on her target, slashing wide at it's face with her knife.

Elaborate series of rolls!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kyra is spending an action point to make two attacks... She will drop down in C-14, and rush into F-17, so she can unleash on the poor gobbo with Easy Target.

To hit: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (2d4+3)[8]

She will then follow up with Sly Florish. Even if Easy Target missed, she'll have combat advantage until the end of her next turn, AND, she'll have Carn's tactical bonus so this will, hopefully, hurt like a @#$%.

To hit! (1d20+11)[30] (7, +2 for C. Advantage, +2 for tactical)
    Damage (1d4+11)[13] Plus (2d6)[3] in sneak attack!

HA! Eat it, goblin! I'm guessing both of those hit, so I'm gonna get descriptive. If I'm wrong, I can edit it.

Kyra slashed her blade aross the goblin's face... blinding the creature for a moment as she followed up with a graceful twirl to the side, moving around the creature and jabbing the knife into it's belly while it's guard was down.

YAH!! She let out a girlish yell as she struck, hoping with all her might that it was enough to stop the little green menace.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2008-10-27 at 10:14 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

13. - Top - End - #133

Kyra's leap into the fray caught the Goblin Warrior in an almost stunned state. The tiefling's dagger brings the goblin down to a near death state, but the warrior holds onto his spear tightly and is able to stay up.
    The blackblade shifts to the side of Aramil and stabs again at the Eladrin but misses.
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 2

Map Key
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Red Rectangles - Wagon (7 feet high, DC 10 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)
    Faded shadows - Markver's Grasping Shadows. 5 Damage and slow effect upon entering

Initiative:
    Kyra
    Goblin Blackblade
    Aramil
    Markver
    Margan
    Carnelian
    3 Goblins Warriors G1/G2/G3
    Elay

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

At Kyra's yell, Carnelian swings around and takes a half-step in the younger girl's direction before realizing that there's nothing she can possibly do to help. The speed and ferocity of Kyra's attack shocks her speechless for a moment - and I was worried she'd lose her nerve in a fight! - but she quickly regains her voice as she sees Kyra dart back in after her initial slash. "Footwork, Ky! Get past his guard - oh, well done!" The trees and rock give her only a partial view of the tiefling and her greenskin foe, but it's enough to tell that Kyra has landed a near-mortal blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Justifying that Tactical Assault bonus
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Aramil
    HP: 27/27

Ignoring the rest of the battle, Aramil focuses on his opponent, putting his constant practice to use. Aramil moves with practiced ease, moving through his form as he had thousands of times before. Unfortunately, the goblin did not follow a form as Aramil's sparring partners in the feywild had, and he found himself unable to react to the more crude movements of the goblin, stumbling and tripping as he clumsily moved his blade to block the goblins attacks, no longer able to keep to the form.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, Spinning sweep on the blackblade. If it hits, I'll follow up by using an action point to use Thunderwave (pulling out my wand as a minor action) After, I will move to D10 to ward the blackblade from Elay. If I miss my first attack, I won't spend the action point, and instead just shift to E10. I'll roll both attacks right now, so tell me if the Spinning Sweep misses, and I'll edit.

Spinning Sweep:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[1](8) vs AC
    Damage: (1d8+4)[1](5)
    Also knocks target prone on a hit.

Thunderwave:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[6](9) vs Fortitude
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4](7)
    Also shifts target back 1 square on a hit. (C9)

Edit: Wow, well, that's most definitely a miss, so no action point. Do I drop my sword or something for rolling a 1?
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2008-10-28 at 05:59 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

HP 24/26
    Concealed, under Cover

Markver watches from under the cover of the tree how the goblin he was aiming at clutches the side of his body - approximately where Markver's own wound lies - and faints from Markver's psychic projection.

Suddenly, he hears Kyra's charge, and turns around in time to watch her reckless charge. The gambit pays off, but the goblin is still standing, and looks ready to strike back. With Aramil keeping the north flank busy, Markver feels he can spend an attack or two to help Kyra.

With some difficulty, pushing limbs out of the way, Markver moves over next to the big rock, while staying under the protection of the scrub oak. Tuning out the noises of the battle, he concentrates on the distant goblin and shapes the shadows around him. Hundreds of maggots suddenly form and start crawling all over his skin, making the goblin scream and try to push them away.

Behind him, forgotten, his shadow tendrils fade and disappear, leaving the road free for Margan's and Carnelian's charge.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions:
    Move to H14
    Attack with Illusory Ambush (Int vs Will)
    ToHitG18 - (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[6]

17. - Top - End - #137

As the shadows began to fade, Margan hurled his throwing hammer at one of the goblins scooped up his warhammer and ran for the other bringing his weapon up, waiting for Carn's cue.

[roll=attack p9 goblin with throwing hammer]1d20+8[/roll]
    [roll=damage]1d6+9[/roll]

Spoiler
    Show
    Action Point, attack goblin at P9 (not sure on the range penalty; I get +2 from Ifni) with throwing hammer , minor to pick up warhammer, move to N12, ready basic attack for when Carn gives signal.
    Last edited by String; 2008-10-28 at 07:17 PM.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

attack p9 goblin with throwing hammer - (1d20+8)[23]
    damage - (1d6+9)[13]
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian follows Margan forward. Closing in on the goblin, the lines on her face flare as she shouts in Primordial, "May the earth rise up and bury you!" The ground shudders beneath her target's feet. The warlord follows up with a series of quick feints, probing for weaknesses in the creature's defences. She smiles fiercely as she sees the opening.

"He's trying to protect his left side, as if he's wounded there. Now Margan! Strike!" She traps the goblin's spear with her blade, leaving him open to Margan's hammer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to P12 (first diagonally northeast, then east for a bit, then diagonally southeast).
    Earthshock (1d20+6)[23] vs Fortitude, goblin is prone if it hits
    Warlord's Favor (1d20+7)[21] vs AC, add +2 for combat advantage if the Earthshock hit
    I will shout to Margan to attack as my Warlord's Favor resolves, either way - either she's found an opening and gets him to exploit it, or she yells at him to attack quickly, she can't find a way through its defences.

EDIT: Woot! Happy rolls! I'm going to assume those both hit and shout my signal to Margan. Margan, you have a +5 power bonus to attack rolls against that goblin until the end of my next turn. He is also prone unless he has a godly Fort defence, so add +2 for combat advantage.

And uh yeah, I should also roll damage for that encounter power (I was more worried about the secondary effect). I'll do that in the OOC. I may use an action point if the goblin survives.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-10-28 at 08:34 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Margan roared and slammed his hammer down at the goblins left flank.
    Spoiler
    Show

attack p9 for great justice - (1d20+13)[14]
    damage for the win - (1d10+5)[14]
    Use my readied action. Basic Melee Attack. This oughta put him down. Marking him if he survives.
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian
    HP: 18/30
    AC: 18 Fort: 16 Ref: 15 Will: 12

Carnelian hisses in frustration as Margan's blow goes wide. "HIS left, not yours! NOW!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'll spend the action point. Commander's Strike on Margan.
    Basic attack for Margan: (1d20+13)[33] vs AC for (1d10+9)[17] damage.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-10-28 at 11:59 PM. Reason: copy/paste error in HP
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

As Aramil's blade swings high above the goblin's head, the goblin takes advantage of of the fighter's misstep and shifts back.
    Markver's chivilrous attempt in attacking the weakened goblin with illusionary maggots go unnoticed by the Goblin Warrior focused on Kyra in front of him.
    Margan's hammer toss hits the goblin by the rocks square in the chest, briefly knocking the wind out of the warrior as his ribs are heard cracking.
    Carnelian knocks the goblin on the south side of the road flat on it's ass leaving it unprepared for the warlord's skewering. The warlord isn't done though, and her battle training leads Margan to swing wide. The goblin put down his guard and forgot that dwarves make their hammers with two heads. The return swing crushes the Goblin Warrior's skull sending the lifeless body to the ground.
    The Goblin Warrior on the north side (G1) having seen one of his own go down runs back towards the cart. Seeing the Eladrin he comes to a stop. The goblin hesitates briefly before turning and chucking a javelin at Margan. The javelin flies wide however. The goblin hisses and curses in goblin at the dwarf.
    The Goblin Warrior in front of Kyra though lunges his spear forward at the tiefling and pierces her side before shifting back away from her. (7 Damage)
    Struggling with the net Elay loosens his grip on the reigns and the horses bolt forward. Elay is able to regain control but remains under the net.

Spoiler
    Show

DM's Note: Technically Carnelian's AP would go first since you can only use one on your turn. That crit alone killed the goblin and would have negated his readied action. Margan stays in his initiative order but he has still spent an Action Point.

Encounter Map Round 3

Map Key

Initiative:
    Kyra
    Goblin Blackblade
    Aramil
    Markver
    Margan
    Carnelian
    2 Goblins Warriors G1 / G3 Bloodied
    Elay
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-29 at 12:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyra

AHHH!

Kyra squeeled in a combination of shock and pain as the tattered goblin jabbed at her with a spear. She tried her best to slip aside, but the little bugger was quick, and it caught her hip with a light scrape. The attack tore her armor, and she swore she felt it scrape her skin.

Ow ow ow! She shrieked and debated on fleeing... but the goblin seemed nearly dead on it's feet already. You little jerk, that hurt!

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Infernal Wrath as a minor action, then Deft Strike to dart in... stab the gob... then Kyra will move north to G-13, besides Markver... regardless of if she hit or not. So if she DOESN'T drop it... she will provoke an attack of op.

To hit! (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage (1d4+3)[6]

Oops!!! Forgot to add in the Infernal wrath bonuses. I doubt it matters since I crit, but she had an extra +1 to hit and +4 damage. I'm really hoping that's enough to kill it!

Rushing forward to finish the little thing off, she stabbed out with her knife, catching the goblin in it's neck and releasing a spray of blood as the little creature slumped to the ground. A disgusted look on her face, Kyra rushed to the tree Markver used for cover... seeking concealment herself and comforted by having an ally nearby.

Markver! I got one! That was just gross! Are you alright? She spoke quickly... not so much excited as freaking out, Are you bleeding? I don't really know medicine, so you're not allowed to get hurt anymore, alright?
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2008-10-29 at 03:13 AM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    Markver! I got one! That was just gross! Are you alright? She spoke quickly... not so much excited as freaking out, Are you bleeding? I don't really know medicine, so you're not allowed to get hurt anymore, alright?

Watching Kyra join him under the tree, Markver answers "Don't worry, Kyra, it is already being looked at. How about you - I saw the Evil hit you. Was it serious?" Seeing her close to hyperventilating, he adds, staring into her eyes so she hears his words and ignores everything else, "Relax, Kyra. You are doing very well, but you must not loose your head in a fight, it can be very dangerous. We are safe here, and we are winning, so you can take a moment to breathe and calm down"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-10-29 at 05:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Kyra's revenge on the Goblin is brutal. She runs her dagger deep across the goblin's throat, thick blood splattering on the tiefling as she moves away from the dying goblin.
    Stung by Aramil when trying to back away from the fighter the Goblin Blackblade exacts his revenge by stabbing the fighter. (6 Damage)

Spoiler
    Show

DM's Note: Goblin Blackblade is back at D9
    Encounter Map Round 3

Map Key

Initiative:
    Kyra
    Goblin Blackblade
    Aramil
    Markver
    Margan
    Carnelian
    Goblin Warrior G1 Bloodied
    Elay

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Aramil
    HP: 21/27

Gritting his teeth at the small wound in his side, Aramil regains his composure Once again he goes through his forms, this time making sure he is loose and able to react to the unexpected. This fight should prove to give him some valuable lessons, hopefully not at the cost of his life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaping Strike:

Attack: (1d20+7)[18](25) vs AC
    Damage: (1d8+4)[8](12)
    Miss: 3 damage

Swinging his blade sideways, Aramil makes sure to hold it down a few inches to compensate for the small stature of the goblin, and corrects his aim as the goblin tries to dodge. With a satisfying crunch, Aramil brings his sword directly into the goblin's shoulder.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2008-10-29 at 06:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

HP 24/26
    Concealed, under Cover

Markver would rather spend some more time making sure Kyra is feeling well, but the battle still rages around him and the swearing and shouts indicate that the Evils, even if outnumbered, could still cause them troubles. Markver looks around and sees Margan and Carnelian ready to charge the javelineer. Aramil, fighting alone, likely needs him more, so he moves towards them, around the big rock in the way.

As soon as he gets the sword-carrying creature in his sights, Markver points at him with him with his staff, and with a few words a river of shadow shoots towards him. As it moves, the mass turns into hundreds of strangely shaped mosquitoes that surround the goblins head, hopefully overwhelming his mind by multiplying the pain he must be feeling.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions:
    Move to E15
    Attack: Illusionary Ambush Int vs. Will
    ToHitD9 - (1d20+4)[20](24)
    Damage - (1d6+5)[6](11)
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2009-01-04 at 12:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Margan turned his head sharply as the javelin whizzed by him. As the goblin cursed, the dwarf grinned broadly, his white teeth stark against his bristley, untamed beard. He shouted a war cry and ran for the javeliner.

"HAMMERFELL!" he roared, and swung his hammer at his opponent, heedless of any attempt to ward him off.

Spoiler
    Show
    move adjacent to Goblin warrior one (square k10), and Use sure strike. I AM MARKING THIS GOBLIN.
    Sure Strike - (1d20+8)[21]
    damage - (1d10+2)[10]
    -Currently Playing-
    Spoiler
    Show

-Old Homebrew Projects-
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Carnelian
    HP 18/30
    AC 18
    Fort 16 Ref 15 Will 12

Carnelian bounds forward to join Margan. As she moves, she glances toward the tree where Markver was hidden, and is relieved to see that Kyra doesn't seem too hurt or frightened. "Doing all right, Ky?" she calls, before turning her attention to her foe and bringing her blade down in a powerful cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving up to K9 (staying out of the path of the panicked horses!) and using a basic melee attack, as it's marginally more accurate than Commander's Strike. I was checking that cover from the rocks doesn't apply, but I think I'm okay.

Attack (1d20+7)[22] vs AC for (1d8+4)[12] damage.
    Last edited by Ifni; 2008-10-29 at 11:47 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Aramil's attack left the Goblin Blackblade helpless to the horror unleashed inside of it's head by Markver. The goblin collapses on the ground, blood trickling out of his eyes and ears.
    Margan's battle cry shakes the Goblin Warrior enough to let down his guard. Carnelian slipped her blade between Margan and the rocks, slicing into the goblin's ribs.
    With all the goblins brought down, Elay is able to regain control of the horses and then works his way out from beneath the net. His eyes are wide but not from fear. The young man is excited and overwhelmed as he cheers and thanks you. Hopping down from the cart he sees one of the dead goblin bodies and stops. The sight makes Elay sick, he moves to the rocks to brace himself up.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter over! Congrats all! As I wrote in the recruitment thread, leveling is going to be sped up a little for the lower levels. This encounter awards the following:
    200 XP each
    A total of 30 gold pieces gathered from the goblins.
    100 silver pieces was also on one of the warrior's belt pouch.
    The blackblade carried a Potion of Healing.
    All of the goblins also have crudely carved symbols of Bane tied to a thong around their necks, some decorated with other crude trinkets. They're each different and seem to be made by their own hands.

Feel free to search further or ask questions. Any roleplaying is fine as well, and I'll move the story once we're all done with a Short Rest. Spend healing surges and gather your belongings too.

Good job everyone!