New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [4e] Therinn Adventures: Group 2

The kobold laughs at the human, "HA! Silly human think he tough!" and strikes at the wizard. The little kobold hits and he moves with the Senerio, pursuing the wizard.
    (Opportunity Attack hits for 5 Damage. Kobold shifts to M6)
    Melkor, Tiefling Warlock Avatar by Nevitan

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Terp
    HP: 26/26
    AC:15 F:13 R:13 W:12

Raising both arms above his head, Terp takes a short step forward and focusses a blast of energy around Gorl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: To P6
    Standard: Thundering Armour on Gorl, he gains +1 AC till my next turn
    Secondary attack on S7 Kobold
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14](17) vs Fort.
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5](8)

3. - Top - End - #63

The Kobold Dragonshield pursues the wizard and strikes Senerio again. (5 Damage)
    The kobold lets out a victory cry but stops suddenly as sudden crack brings Adonel suddenly behind him. The swordmage drives his longsword deep into the kobold's belly. (I went ahead and rolled the Aegis of Assault attack and rolled a critical. Adonel gets an Action Point and deal 11 damage to the Dragon shield.)

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 3

Map Key
    Brown Squares - Road (Normal Movement)
    Light Green Squares - Grass (Normal Movement)
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Green Octagon - Trees (Provide Cover, -2 to Hit)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Black Circles - Dead bodies (Normal Movement)
    Black Circle with X - Guard (With the PC's)
    Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    1 Kobold Dragonshield(Red Circle) Bloodied
    Gorl
    Adonel
    2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circle)
    Zerin
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-29 at 05:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gorl

Suddenly feeling between two hard places, Gorl leaps over the head of one kobold, and on landing swings his axe around.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Pressing Strike, shift 2 squares to R8
    attack - (1d20+6)[18] vs AC
    damage - (1d8+5)[10] and push 1 square to T6.

And keep in mind my swiftcharge power if I drop him.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

(HP: 25/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Having used his powers to move into an advantageous position Adonel draws upon his powers to sheathe his blade in green flame and brings it down upon the Kobold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greenflame Blade.

To Hit (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage (1d8+4)[6]

6. - Top - End - #66

Gorl's attack hits the skirmisher, weakening it significantly. Adonel's attack almost slips it's way through the kobold's defenses but it is able to bring his shield around to deflect the attack.
    Having been moved and severely injured, the kobold skirmisher Gorl just laid into runs away! The other skirmisher remains brave and moves up to attack the barbarian, poking the barbarian in the ribs with the tip of his spear. (5 Damage)
    Zerin stays put and unleashes an eldritch blast at the skirmisher in front of Gorl but misses the nimble target.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 4

Map Key
    Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
    Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
    Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    Gorl
    Adonel
    2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circles) Bloodied one running away!
    Zerin
    Last edited by Awesomologist; 2008-10-30 at 07:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

By my count, that'll bring it back to me...

Senerio: 20/30 HP
    AC 17, Ref 16, Fort 12, Will 14

Senerio will fire his Thunderwave at the blasted kobold at H5. (It's a Close Blast, so no AoO)

Spoiler
    Show
    Thunderwave at the 3x3 square covering H5 and J7.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[16] vs. Fort
    Damage: (1d6+5)[8] thunder damage, all hit are pushed 1 space backwards. (If the kobold is hit, he'll move to H6)

I think it's a standard Dragonshield, so it'll take the full damage and is hurled to H6. Senerio will then move 2 left, then 3 diagonally down/left to end up at D7.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2008-10-30 at 08:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Terp
    HP: 26/26
    AC:15 F:13 R:13 W:12

Seeing the big human bleeding from a number of wounds, Terp pulls out a small vial and throws it to smash at Gorl's feet, releasing a cloud of healing dusts.

"Don't let him get others!", Terp shouts as he hops to get a clearer shot, and winds back his crossbow with a fresh bolt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: To Q5
    Standard: Aggravating Force against fleeing kobold.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17](22)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[3](6)
    Minor: Restorative Formula on Gorl. He gains healing surge + (1d6)[3] hp

OOC: It'd be really handy for me too if you'd post your hp and suchlike Gorl. I nearly didn't heal you this turn, but then skimmed the thread and realised you'd actually taken quite a lot of hurt!

9. - Top - End - #69

Senerio's attack nearly kills the dragonshield, but somehow the kobold is able to stay on his feet.
    Terp's energized bolt rips a hole through the fleeing kobold's shoulder, causing it to stumble a little before regaining it's footing as it still runs away.
    The Kobold Dragonshield gathers his senses and swipes at Adonel slicing the swordmage across the legs. (4 Damage) The kobold then shifts back before turning to run towards Gorl.
    Spoiler
    Show

Encounter Map Round 4

Map Key

Initiative
    Senerio
    Terp
    Gorl
    Adonel
    2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circles) Bloodied one running away!
    Zerin

10. - Top - End - #70

Gorl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gorl, Human Barbarian
    Init +2 HP 16/29 Bloodied 14 Healing Surge 7 (2 used /10)
    AC 17 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12 Speed 5

Gorl slides past the kobold and stands between it and Terp, swinging his blade at the kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

Did I get an action point before, for critting the kobold with Great Cleave? If so, I'd like to use it if this attack hits.

Pressing Strike: Shift 2 squares to R6
    attack - (1d20+6)[15] vs AC
    damage - (1d8+5)[13] and pushed one square back to T8.

Let's see if this hits.

11. - Top - End - #71

Gorl

As the kobold is pushed back, Gorl takes a step back, then charges at the kobold.

Spoiler
    Show

Move back to q6
    *Action Point*
    Charge, using Howling Strike, to s7
    attack - (1d20+7)[19] vs AC
    damage - (1d8+5)[11] + (1d6)[6]

and if this kills, swiftcharging.

12. - Top - End - #72

And another post...

Gorl

As the kobold drops, Gorl sets his sights on the fleeing kobold, charging after it.

Spoiler
    Show

I get 2 temp HP for dropping it, I forgot about that earlier.

Swiftcharge, using howling strike, to X11
    attack - (1d20+7)[26]
    damage - (1d8+5)[11] + (1d6)[4]

Last edited by Jokes; 2008-10-31 at 08:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

(HP: 21/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Cursing as the blade rakes across his legs Adonel hurries to attempt to catch up with the kobold. As he reaches his foe he calls upon reserves deep inside him to sheathe his blade in lighting and bring it down on his foe sending another bolt arching over Gorl's shoulder to the kobold by him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to O7 and using Lightning Clash with an action point.

Primary:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]

Secondary (kobold at S7)
    Attack: (1d20+4)[18] vs. reflex
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]

14. - Top - End - #74

Adonel's final blow finished off the injured kobold. With all the kobolds now dead the caravan guard makes his way forward, kind enough to carry the box Gorl had dropped and he returns it to the barbarian.
    The injured guard makes his way to check the bodies of his fallen friends, "They aren't all here! These are only few of the guards... Binwiggs is also missing."

Spoiler
    Show

Tried to post this last night but I was having weird internet issues. Sorry for the delay!
    Encounter is over! As i said before in the recruitment thread, leveling through the first couple of levels will be sped up a little. here are the rewards!
    200 XP each
    On the kobolds and dead caravan guard bodies are found:
    Crude weapons and armor (no real value)
    50 SP
    10 GP
    1 Potion of Healing

The wagons contain some trade goods of value but the caravan guard seems to be piling some of that stuff into the least damaged of the two wagons.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"What do you mean, they aren't all here? Did they run off? Is there anything nearby that they could use to call for help?"

Senerio picks around the battlefield, looking for clues as to what went on before the party arrived.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

Letting out a controlled breath before bending to wipe his blade on the kobold's clothes Adonel applies some basic dressing to his scratches before moving to aid the guard.

I have no skills with which to follow any trail that would have been left. If they had fled on their own I believe they would have headed to the fort for shelter and aid. Unless any of you can track people I'd recommend we continue on to our destination.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    "What do you mean, they aren't all here? Did they run off? Is there anything nearby that they could use to call for help?"
    "I don't know sir... Perhaps they ran or perhaps they were taken..." The guard shuffles around gathering some of the merchant goods. He stops, realizing only then that with no horse he would be unable to pull the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyracus View Post
    I have no skills with which to follow any trail that would have been left. If they had fled on their own I believe they would have headed to the fort for shelter and aid. Unless any of you can track people I'd recommend we continue on to our destination.
    "Where were you heading? The Southern Tower? Are you there to meet a caravan?"

18. - Top - End - #78

Gorl

Gorl casually walks past the group, wiping blood from his blade. Sheathing his weapon, he picks up the box he dropped at the start of the fight. He walks up to one of the caravans and sets it down. "Delivered." He brushes his hands. "Now, about these missing people..." He begins to search the area for tracks.

Spoiler
    Show

perception - (1d20+7)[21]

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Gorl

Gorl casually walks past the group, wiping blood from his blade. Sheathing his weapon, he picks up the box he dropped at the start of the fight. He walks up to one of the caravans and sets it down. "Delivered." He brushes his hands. "Now, about these missing people..." He begins to search the area for tracks.
    Gorl can trace what seems to have been items or people being dragged off the road to north and west. Perhaps a staging ground for what they gathered before breaking off. After that the trail seems a bit harder to make out.
    It's just then that Gorl notices an elf on the southern side of the road approach, making himself known.

Spoiler
    Show

Jokes you can make a second check if you like.
    Enter Brennus!

20. - Top - End - #80

The elf wears leather armor dyed in dull greens and browns and carries a bow strung across his back. He looks back and forth as he approaches, taking in the aftermath of the battle before calling out to the party.

"Greetings, my name is Amras. I've been tracking the movements of the kobolds in this area for about two weeks; trying to asses what threat they may pose. Can you tell me what happened here?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Terp turns to the elf, briefly wary before sagging and replying as he reattaches his crossbow to his belt. "The kobolds...they...they... Did the caravan have supplies on it? Useful things? They attacked it, you see. Perhaps they have a base nearby."

22. - Top - End - #82

"So far I've only encountered scouts and small foraging parties. They seem to be located somewhere south east of here, and maybe with a larger group like this I can follow their trail back to wherever they've settled..."

Amras' voice seems to drift off as he drops to the ground searching for the kobolds' trail.

23. - Top - End - #83

The injured surviving guard speaks up, "I'm in no condition to chase after kobolds. It also looks like I won't be carrying these goods back with me. I need to get back to Fenderin as quickly as possible, let Binwiggs family and partners know what happened. I'm sure they'll be sending someone down to salvage what they can. I will let them know what you all have done here. Do you really plan to pursue these kobolds? I'm sure if Master Binwiggs is still alive there will be a reward."
    Zerin moves to the guard, "I didn't sign up to go chasing kobolds along the country side. I will help you get back to Fenderin."

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomologist View Post
    "Do you really plan to pursue these kobolds? I'm sure if Master Binwiggs is still alive there will be a reward."
    "This is my first big break on this job. I'm not sure what I'll do if and when I find their base, but at the very least I'm going to try and gather some information."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Adonel

Looking over at the newest arrival Adonel smiles a bit and begins to speak. I'd have to say you're a fool for following so many kobolds on your own, but I can appreciate the sentiment. If you'd like some company I'd be happy to join, the little runts seem to be well organized and it'd be a good exercise to better myself with. Anyways it seems Zerin is going with the wagon, I doubt they'll need all of us for such a simple task.

26. - Top - End - #86

A thin smile crosses Amras lips as he regards the genasi. "Foolish? I'm not going to walk up to the front door and knock, just follow the tracks for a while and reassess from there. Anyone who likes is welcome to join me. Together we may even be able to clear out the encampment."

27. - Top - End - #87

Gorl

"Well, it will be good to have a skilled tracker, what do you make of these?" He points to the ground, where he thinks could be tracks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, this is technically an assist roll, for any perception that Amras might make.
    perception - (1d20+7)[9]

28. - Top - End - #88

Having gathered as much as they can carry, Zerin and the guard make their leave back north towards Fenderin.
    While Gorl is able to point out to Amras the tracks he already found, the barbarian is unable to show the ranger much more.
    Spoiler
    Show

Skill Challenge will start tonight when I'm home with my notes. If there's any more RP stuff you want to take care of before the challenge thats fine.

29. - Top - End - #89

With a new member, the ranger Amras, the party proceeds to follow the kobold tracks into the wild hills southwest of the Feyhollow forest.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill Challenge: Follow the kobold tracks to find the hidden kobold camp.

Check Order (Initiative):
    Amras
    Senerio
    Gorl
    Adonel
    Terp

1st Round: Find tracks and clues to follow the kobolds. Amras roll a Perception check please.

30. - Top - End - #90

perception - (1d20+10)[23]

"something over here. Those big, armored ones leave much clearer tracks then the scouts I've encountered."
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2008-11-08 at 01:38 AM.